lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Anti-Homosexuality
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-06-2003, 04:02 PM   #81
TheJackal
Administrator Emiritus

at first this was a resonable debate.

if more crap gets thrown around and attacks are made to any members, regardless of thier sexual preferences (and in my opinon thats just what it is. A sexual preference, its like prefering drinking Coca-Cola over Pepsi. I know the comparaison is over simplified, but its the best way to proove my point. It shouldnt matter if you drink pepsi or coke.)

Anyways, enough about my personnal opinion and back to my warning.

If more crap gets tossed at people and more insults this thread will be closed. Its a shame, it started off pretty well with mature debates. Clean up your acts. And for all those that swore and insulted an other, say your sorry publicly (on this thread). If nothing is done and its still a slug fest I'm closing this thread for good.

Sorry
-jackal

TheJackal is offline   you may:
Old 07-06-2003, 04:16 PM   #82
Bob Gnarly
Chilled

Quote:
and in my opinon thats just what it is. A sexual preference, its like prefering drinking Coca-Cola over Pepsi. I know the comparaison is over simplified, but its the best way to proove my point. It shouldnt matter if you drink pepsi or coke.)
Best way ive seen it put all thread.
I agree 120% with that comment.

[RAA] Private
Bob Gnarly is offline   you may:
Old 07-06-2003, 04:35 PM   #83
SkinWalker
Anthropologist

LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally posted by ep2 Anakin

EDIT: i'll retract the profanity when skinwalker clears up as to why it's in there in the first place.
Better idea... I'll retract it for you. Post deleted.

And to answer your question, I put that phrase in quotations because they were your words.... quoted. Nothing more.

Assumptions.

A Hot Cup of Joe - My Blog

Not finding an intellectual challenge in the Swamp? Try the Senate Chambers!

Evolution and How We Know It's Right - Post your thoughts!
Debate Strategies & Tactics - Polish your online debate skills and offer your own advice
SkinWalker is offline   you may:
Old 07-06-2003, 04:43 PM   #84
SkinWalker
Anthropologist

LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally posted by TheJackal
If nothing is done and its still a slug fest I'm closing this thread for good.
C'Jais and I have already discussed closing... we agreed that if it continues to get out of hand, this might happen.

One more offensive post and I'll close it myself. I only leave it open now because you issued a warning.

A Hot Cup of Joe - My Blog

Not finding an intellectual challenge in the Swamp? Try the Senate Chambers!

Evolution and How We Know It's Right - Post your thoughts!
Debate Strategies & Tactics - Polish your online debate skills and offer your own advice
Old 07-06-2003, 04:45 PM   #85
ShockV1.89
Gen Mo'Kai

Bah. Now my post looks like I'm talking to myself!

"Not all one pleads can be granted. But a good hearing soothes the heart." -The Instruction of Ptah-hotep.

"So here I go, it's my shot. Feet fail me not. This may be the only opportunity that I got..." -Eminem
ShockV1.89 is offline   you may:
Old 07-06-2003, 05:00 PM   #86
SkinWalker
Anthropologist

LFN Staff Member 
I did leave the quote in place, but I think everyone gets the drift.......

Actually, I should've realized Ep2Anakin's propensity for flying off the handle when he feels offended. My goal wasn't troll this response but rather to point out the problem with assumptions. But then, if one is that easily offended then perhaps one shouldn't participate in controversial debates.

Still, he has my apology if he feels that I sought an ad hominim attack. He's free to PM me if still in need to vent.
Old 07-06-2003, 07:05 PM   #87
TheJackal
Administrator Emiritus

I'll wait to see what DaD feels like. He's been offended by a few people and see how he feels about it now.

I know that my warning more or less killed off this thread, I hope it doesnt. Debates can be the most stimulating intellectual thing one can do.

But I hope you guys understand how rare it is for me to actually post a warning. I'm probebly the most easy going admin around. Allmost never did wave around my magic admin stick to anything. Its too bad I have to do it in the Senate Chambers.

TheJackal is offline   you may:
Old 07-06-2003, 07:44 PM   #88
Jah Warrior
part time waster

well, jack,

I find it interesting that the people that were vociferously anti-gay are now saying nothing... is this because they know that the intolerant attitude is indeed wrong?

interesting, interesting indeed!

Peace & Ting

Jah
Jah Warrior is offline   you may:
Old 07-06-2003, 09:48 PM   #89
El Sitherino
The Original.

Hot Topic Starter LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran LF Jester 
they know they have lost because they are behind in times with their alpha male, prehistoric ideology.

“This body is not me. I am not caught in this body.
I am life without limit.”
El Sitherino is offline   you may:
Old 07-07-2003, 02:18 AM   #90
Lord Siraious

Hmmm... Insane Sith and Jah Warrior I would agree with yous a little the warning has stopped those type of people but I have a feeling others have nothing futher to say (myself included). Instead of people just debating some just... well yous all know. I posted on this but no one has questioned my post so does that mean you thought it was sound? Anyway I'll only post when I feel its called for.

RPG Stats
Jedi Smuggling Ring - My Store
"A Jedi serves the Force and in doing so must be mindful of the Living Force, Cosmic Force and the Unifying Force or suffer failure they will."

"The Force is the energy that binds the Universe together.
It is everything and everything is it.
It creates and it destroys.
It has no sides and is far beyond such a thing.
It is the Force."

Jedi Master,
Jedi of the Old Code
E-mail Me
Lord Siraious is offline   you may:
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Senate Chambers > Anti-Homosexuality