lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Startup bug...
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-03-2003, 12:35 PM   #1
Spideyknight

Startup bug...

Whenever I try to start jedi outcast all I get is the hourglass pointer. However, after a frustratingly long time and a redouble-click on the icon I get an error dialog box that says:

Guru mediatation failure

Assertion Failed: "clt_IsFilePresent(g_env["Inipath"])!

File: C:CWS\cpp\Framework\_lfx\Source\lfx_System.cpp
Line: 174

Abnormal Termination

Select Retry for Environment Dump

If I select retry, I then get the opening screen and can play the game. If I select cancel then all I get is disappearing/reappearing Jedioutcast.exe in my task manager.

I've had the game for awhile and never had this problem before. I just reinstalled yesterday and now this error rears it's ugly head.

My System Specs are:

750mhz Athlon
384 MB RAM
30 GIG HD
Geforce 3Ti200

And I've tried it with and without the latest(1.4) patch. I also tried a reinstall and that didn't help either. Anyone know what causes this error, or how to fix it? Thanks.
Spideyknight is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-05-2003, 03:37 AM   #2
davidisthename

LOL, if it happened to me and you said it still worked... I would just keep hitting retry I wouldn't really care unless there were other problems .
davidisthename is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-05-2003, 05:14 AM   #3
Andy867
McCan Caoma

What other hardware do you have, and also how are you trying to launch Outcast? CD or safe-mode, or what?

Shut yo face before I punch you in the mouth, break your teeth and call you Snaggle-tooth.
Andy867 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-07-2006, 09:38 PM   #4
Sotaria
Rookie

Yes, I have virtually the exact same problem but no solution yet. Did you ever find the solution. Please tell me.
Sotaria is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-09-2006, 03:25 PM   #5
Sotaria
Rookie

For those who care, you can work around this problem by creating a shortcut directly to your JOSP or JOMP exe files. Bypass the popup menu which is what is creating the problem.
Sotaria is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Help Center > Technical Help > Startup bug...