lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Shenmue 3 Petition
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-09-2003, 04:39 AM   #1
JofaGuht

Shenmue 3 Petition

You know that great Shenmue trilogy they have two of and need one to end it. Well, Yu Suzuke doesn't really want to make the game that wraps up the trilogy and will leave us hanging instead.

Sega am2 says they'll do it if they get enough names and there's a site the petition is on, and it's up to 19000 names by now. Here's the link, please sign it.

http://www.petitiononline.com/shen1986/petition.html

Also, you could email them at am2webmail@sega-am2.co.jp

Even if you haven't heard of the game, sign it, and then buy the first two.

There's no earthly way of knowing which direction we are going. There's no knowing where we're rowing or which way the river's flowing. Is it raining? Is it snowing? Is a hurricane a-blowing? Not a speck of light is showing, so the danger must be growing. Are the fires of hell a-glowing? Is the grisly reaper mowing? Yes, the danger must be growing 'cause the rowers keep on rowing, and they're certainly not showing any signs that they are slowing. AAAGGHHH!!!
JofaGuht is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-09-2003, 07:19 AM   #2
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

10 year veteran! LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Forgive my lack of faith in online petitions...but where did Sega say they would pay attention to this one? ^^

Redwing is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-09-2003, 07:38 AM   #3
C Shutt
My noze comes off

I love endless crate-stacking as much as the next guy, but online petitions are a complete waste of energy. If Suzuki has finally realised what a waste of his talents Shenmue is, petitions like this have roughly bugger-all chance of changing his mind.
C Shutt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-09-2003, 05:01 PM   #4
Branik

I've never even tried the games and I think this won't accomplish anything, BUT yeah sure, I'll sign.

Branik is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-09-2003, 09:36 PM   #5
Tall Guy
Est. 1985

ive never played the games, and like the others said, i dont think an online petition will provoke another...

Tall Guy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-10-2003, 08:18 AM   #6
pleto4_ryan

Never plaied any of the two
but i know they are great...so yes...sign

"They've come to witness the Beginning.
The rebirth of Paradise, despoiled by mankind."
Claudia

A journey of a 1000 battles, begins with a single blow.

Un-break my heart...
pleto4_ryan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-10-2003, 04:48 PM   #7
Aranolorion

great games, pity the series is in flux, should really be finished, if just for the sake of completion. unfortuanately, i think there are more effective methods of campaigning than an online petition, and even at that, we are at the whim of the publisher in this, as in most, matters.

James Gallen, ForeverDream Studios
www.foreverdreamstudios.com
Dream True, Dream One, Dream Forever.

"Though here at journey's end I lie in darkness buried deep, beyond all towers strong and high, beyond all mountains steep, above all shadows rides the Sun and Stars forever dwell: I will not say the Day is done, nor bid the Stars farewell." - Samwise Gamgee, The Return of the King, The Lord of the Rings.

"I will do what I have to do. I will do what I must." - The Sandman.
Aranolorion is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2003, 04:28 AM   #8
JofaGuht

There is a significance, Gaming Age was the first to post the article and Sega Am2 is looking over it. Sorry for not listing sources.

There's no earthly way of knowing which direction we are going. There's no knowing where we're rowing or which way the river's flowing. Is it raining? Is it snowing? Is a hurricane a-blowing? Not a speck of light is showing, so the danger must be growing. Are the fires of hell a-glowing? Is the grisly reaper mowing? Yes, the danger must be growing 'cause the rowers keep on rowing, and they're certainly not showing any signs that they are slowing. AAAGGHHH!!!
Old 07-21-2003, 04:11 PM   #9
mercatfat
Mojolicious

Look, you did it.

http://www.gamesarefun.com reports:

"Japanese news sources have reported an announcement of Sega’s AM-2 development team, finally confirming Shenmue III. The game will be called Shenmue III: Special Edition. It will include Shenmue, Shenmue II, and a third installment of the series. Three for the price of one? Not bad...

Other reports state that the game is either going to be exclusive to Xbox, or that a platform has not yet been decided. We'll keep you posted as the details emerge"

yay.

Mojo Message ¬~

"[mercatfat] picks on the weak and uses his evil ways to make money. Join me in my campaign to get rid of the poison of the system and to let [retarded spoon jokes continue]"
-Agen_Terminator

Get your official anti-merc sig image here! Make sure you whine about lame threads you've created that I've closed, too!
mercatfat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-22-2003, 09:09 AM   #10
Mex
Not the brightest cookie.

I was just about to sign then, but you already did it.

¬¬ ^_^
Mex is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-22-2003, 06:05 PM   #11
mercatfat
Mojolicious

Well, ****.

From gamesarefun.com:

We reported yesterday on the announcement of Shenmue III. However, it appears that information was not an announcement, but misinterpretation of a fan letter written on Sega's European site.

A spokesperson from SoE said, "There was a bit of Japanese text on the AM2 site which is actually a letter from a fan, saying what they want to see in the game." So... while the announcment may not be true, does this mean there isn't some Shenmue III plans, somewhere behind the scenes? Fans should keep their fingers crossed, but at this point, don't hold your breath.

More on Shenmue III as it develops.

Mojo Message ¬~

"[mercatfat] picks on the weak and uses his evil ways to make money. Join me in my campaign to get rid of the poison of the system and to let [retarded spoon jokes continue]"
-Agen_Terminator

Get your official anti-merc sig image here! Make sure you whine about lame threads you've created that I've closed, too!
mercatfat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-10-2003, 09:33 PM   #12
JofaGuht

Shenmue 3 is coming. Sega am2 is being redeveloped and they are building new studios including Cinematic Online Games, which is the studio in charge of the third Shenmue. Here are some quotes and sources:

"It has been suggested Cinematic Online Games, based in Sega's main Ohta-ku building, may be taking control of the Shenmue franchise, leaving AM2 to concentrate on fighting games and games for fans. However it is worth noting that while Yu Suzuki will be running COG, the studio will have just 22 employees, compared to other studios with anywhere between 40 and 140 staff." - Kikizo news

"The series continues because of very strong fan requests. The fans want them, so we make them. We can't say yet when the sequels will be released, but we will do our best to not let the fans down. So, I would like to say to the fans: please look forward to more Shen Mue games on Xbox." ~Shin Ishikawa~

Lookin' forward.

Old 08-14-2003, 08:16 AM   #13
C Shutt
My noze comes off

Do you know where I can find some... sailors?
C Shutt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-07-2003, 11:31 AM   #14
Dawidos
Rookie

What is Shenmue ? Could somebody describe that game ? A story , characters , location , graphics etc.

My name's Calavera. Manny Calavera
Dawidos is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-07-2003, 03:26 PM   #15
pleto4_ryan

it's interesting that you never heard of this series.
Why?

Gamespot's reviews

Shenmue 1 in DreamCast : Clickiti

Shenmue 2 in DreamCast :Clickiti

Shenmue 2 in X-box : Clickiti

Claudia

Un-break my heart...
Old 09-08-2003, 06:49 PM   #16
Dawidos
Rookie

I live in Poland. I don't see that game there. So I hear about it in first time.

Old 09-09-2003, 04:25 PM   #17
pleto4_ryan

ooo....i see

don't you have gaming magazines in Polland

and new to the net?

Claudia

Un-break my heart...
Old 09-09-2003, 07:10 PM   #18
Dawidos
Rookie

Of course, we have. Any allusions ? CD ACTION is the best magazine and Gry.wp is the best games portal. But I didn't read about Shenmue . I don't know why. Maybe I didn't notice that.

Greetings

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Grim Fandango Discussion > General Forums > The Calavera Café > Shenmue 3 Petition