lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Who should kill Mace?
Palpatine aka Sidious 15 18.52%
Dooku aka Tyranus 7 8.64%
Anakin 26 32.10%
Boba 24 29.63%
A bunch of clone troopers 4 4.94%
other 5 6.17%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Who do u think should kill Mace?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-28-2003, 06:08 PM   #1
JediNyt
Jedi Master

Who do u think should kill Mace?

Obviously we wont know until we see Ep3 but who do u think would make the best candidate? Im goin with Sidious.

May the Force be with you...
JediNyt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-28-2003, 07:12 PM   #2
OmegaNothing

I think it should be a close battle with Anakin, because it will prove that Anakin has truly turned and how powerful he is.
OmegaNothing is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-28-2003, 08:36 PM   #3
Kain
I'm a ghost

Current Game: Not so much.
Forum Veteran 10 year veteran! 
Definently Anakin. It'll be dumb if it isn't.
Kain is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-29-2003, 09:08 AM   #4
The Cheat
6 Foot Tall Bunny Rabbit

im going with anakin, just makes the most sense
The Cheat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-29-2003, 04:14 PM   #5
pleto4_ryan

mm...Dooku or palpatine....

I choosed dooku.... and then anakin shall kil dooku

"They've come to witness the Beginning.
The rebirth of Paradise, despoiled by mankind."
Claudia

A journey of a 1000 battles, begins with a single blow.

Un-break my heart...
pleto4_ryan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-29-2003, 05:35 PM   #6
Jedi_Monk

I think it'd be great if Anakin beat the crap out of Mace, then let Boba finish him with a blasterbolt through the head.

Jedi_Monk is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-30-2003, 12:19 AM   #7
TheBinx

Boba's Revenge

Well I would have to go with Boba because his dad (well actually him because he is a clone) gets killed by Mace. So I would have to say he has to get his revenge on Mace.

TheBinx is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-30-2003, 01:12 AM   #8
Wesia Daoke

what?

of course Boba Fetts gonna kill him. He wants revenge for Jango and he will kill Mace.

REALLY GOOD VIDEOS
Video 1

Video 2

Wesia Daoke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-31-2003, 12:49 AM   #9
boinga1
Pimpin' ain't easy

boba...sure

Anyays, I voted Dooku...but personally I'm not sure Mace is gonna go out in a saber fight at all.
boinga1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-31-2003, 11:40 AM   #10
STTCT
Bantha Fodder

Hot Topic Starter Forum Veteran 
Anakin - I think he will have to in order to take one of the steps towards the darkside. He's going to have to prove he's the best jedi after all. It would be moving to see Anakin kill one of his friends.

STTCT is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-31-2003, 02:06 PM   #11
Reclaimer
Loves Keira Knightley.

Anakin if he doesn't screw it and I mean it.

philla は陰茎のハハのwat の名前をであるそのlmfao のゲイの名前吸う
Reclaimer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-01-2003, 06:25 PM   #12
DarthMuffin
Dark Cupcake of the Sith

I'm pretty sure anakin will kill him... it would show that he's officially a Sith.

But how can Boba kill him?? As far as I know, Ep3 is only a couple of years after Ep2...

How could a young boy (dunno his age, but he could be like 15) kill an experienced (one of the best actually) Jedi Master?

~Dark Cupcake of the Sith
DarthMuffin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-01-2003, 09:51 PM   #13
another_trooper

Maybe he could fool Mace or maybe the circumstances will just be in favor of Boba. Hes a kind, yes, but he saw his dad fight (perhaps many times before his last battle). Maybe Mace will be wounded and Boba will just finish the job or something, who knows for sure?

BTW, huh. . . I wanted to click Boba, not a bunch of Clonetroopers. . .
Sry, I was slightly disturbed

Its how do you say ?
A deal's a deal !
another_trooper is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-02-2003, 01:31 AM   #14
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
Heh, I was thinking when Vader said "no disintegrations" Vader wasn't referring to something that Boba had done but something that he had done and Boba had witnessed. What if after a nice long and kewl lightsaber battle something happens (who knows yet) and Anakin kills Mace by disintegrating him somehow with Boba watching the battle.

Lynk Former is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-09-2003, 01:34 PM   #15
Eldritch
Mmm, Donuts

I don't think Boba will kill him (especially with some kind of disintegration) because a) he's like 13 years old, b) because Sam Jackson said that Mace "doesn't go out like a punk."

Sam has finished filming his scenes for Episode 3, so here's my thoughts on who kills him (because he definitely dies).

- It can't be Dooku. Mace has studied all the forms of lightsaber fighting, so I don't think Dooku would stand a chance.

- It can't be Palpatine, because I doubt he'd use a saber and chances are that Mace either knows how to absorb the force lightning ala Yoda-style, or he knows how to block it with the saber ala Obi-Wan style.

- It makes more sense for it to be Anakin, because he's going to be Darth Vader, going on a rampage killing all Jedi in sight. But I don't think he'll do it until he's officially Vader (if not in the suit at least Palpy's servant).

Eldritch is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-13-2003, 04:03 PM   #16
Darkjedi3000

I vote One of those jedi kids yoda was training
Darkjedi3000 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-13-2003, 04:32 PM   #17
Eldritch
Mmm, Donuts

Maybe, if they managed to catch him while he was sleeping.

Old 09-05-2003, 07:33 AM   #18
Boba Rhett
I Slay Dragons

Current Game: Scrolling Eldery
LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! LF Jester Helpful! 
I'm going to go with Palpy.
Boba Rhett is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-05-2003, 07:35 AM   #19
Shado Vorn
Rookie

Hey, don't vote Boba Fett out just because he's a kid. He is known to be quite a ruthless lil' guy. If you think like Boba, his dad was killed brutally before his eyes by Mace. Mace is on his sh*t list. Perhaps Boba being a child gives him the edge over Mace. Maybe Mace fights the lil' guy and decides that it's wrong to kill a child no matter who it is. His mistake. Boba pops a few blaster bolts in his ass and that's the end of Mace. Never underestimate the power of a child who has lost his only family. Vengence has to be all that Boba is focussed on in E3. Perhaps he'll take the advantage of someone else's battle against Mace, but in the end, don't be suprised when it's Boba who's standing over Mace's corpse with the look of victory on his face.

I vote for Boba Fett. He's one tough s.o.b. . Even as a kid.
Shado Vorn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2003, 04:13 AM   #20
Eldritch
Mmm, Donuts

Quote:
Originally posted by Shado Vorn
Hey, don't vote Boba Fett out just because he's a kid. He is known to be quite a ruthless lil' guy. If you think like Boba, his dad was killed brutally before his eyes by Mace. Mace is on his sh*t list. Perhaps Boba being a child gives him the edge over Mace. Maybe Mace fights the lil' guy and decides that it's wrong to kill a child no matter who it is. His mistake. Boba pops a few blaster bolts in his ass and that's the end of Mace. Never underestimate the power of a child who has lost his only family. Vengence has to be all that Boba is focussed on in E3. Perhaps he'll take the advantage of someone else's battle against Mace, but in the end, don't be suprised when it's Boba who's standing over Mace's corpse with the look of victory on his face.

I vote for Boba Fett. He's one tough s.o.b. . Even as a kid.
So you're saying that even though Jango, Boba's father, with many years more experience and training lasted all of 10 seconds with Mace, Boba the young teenager would be able to take him out?

Old 09-06-2003, 06:10 AM   #21
Shado Vorn
Rookie

That's a very good point. But that doesn't mean that someone else can't be keeping Mace a bit occupied, giving Boba the perfect chance to strike the final blow. Don't forget that Boba's a kid, Mace may be a good Jedi, but could he really kill a child? Hell, I'd think that Mace would be using a split second in conflict of what he should do against the kid, and that's all it would take for Boba to finish him off. Or for that matter, that split second could give the Dark Jedi the advantage to take him down, mess him up, and leave him for Boba to finish off. My vote's still for Boba Fett.
Old 09-06-2003, 01:42 PM   #22
Eldritch
Mmm, Donuts

That's true, but Sam Jackson has been quoted in several interviews that Mace doesn't die "like a punk." I think being shot by a little kid would fall deeply into that category.

Boba is a kid, but I think if Mace were fighting him, his intent would be to stop him rather than kill him.

What Dark Jedi are you talking about? In the movies there's either Sith or Jedi... Dark Jedi are only in the EU.

Old 09-06-2003, 03:38 PM   #23
Shado Vorn
Rookie

Heh ... I meant Sith. Maybe Palpetine shoves a Force lightning bolt up his ass lol. Actually, I can't remember where I heard it from, but I think Mace is going to take to space in this one, so I assume by that, it means he'll be in some sort of ship fighting against the Sith in another ship. Maybe that's how he bites the dust. I guess when it comes down to it, I just want Boba to put the nail in the coffin, because I'm a fan of him. Hehe.
Old 09-07-2003, 01:16 AM   #24
Eldritch
Mmm, Donuts

Quote:
Maybe that's how he bites the dust. I guess when it comes down to it, I just want Boba to put the nail in the coffin, because I'm a fan of him. Hehe.
According to Sam in a couple different interviews he mentions the battle is on the ground over a couple hundred yards. So maybe someone IS shooting at him?

Old 09-07-2003, 07:05 AM   #25
Shado Vorn
Rookie

Could be. But you know those pesky Jedi's like to deflect blaster bolts with their lightsabers, so if he does die via a blaster bolt sammich, he'd have to be without one I suspect. Could be that I'm way off in what will actually happen, but I just think it would be poetic to see a lil' Boba with his father's helmet on going bang bang and killing Mace. But then again, I think the best way to do this would be to have either Sidius, Tyranus, or Vader do major damage on him, then leave him for Boba to kill. Does anybody know when E3 will be coming out? I don't know where to look to find out, I couldn't find it at the official site, also, is there any hope at all for 7,8, and 9? I can't see Star Wars ending at 3.
Old 09-08-2003, 04:41 AM   #26
Eldritch
Mmm, Donuts

Quote:
Could be. But you know those pesky Jedi's like to deflect blaster bolts with their lightsabers, so if he does die via a blaster bolt sammich, he'd have to be without one I suspect. Could be that I'm way off in what will actually happen, but I just think it would be poetic to see a lil' Boba with his father's helmet on going bang bang and killing Mace.
And I think it would be the most ridiculous thing since Jar-Jar Binks.
Quote:
Does anybody know when E3 will be coming out? I don't know where to look to find out, I couldn't find it at the official site,
May 2005. They always come out in May, always 3 years apart.
Quote:
also, is there any hope at all for 7,8, and 9? I can't see Star Wars ending at 3.
George Lucas has said he has absolutely no interest in doing 7, 8 and 9. The story he wanted to tell has been wrapped up in 6 episodes.

Old 09-08-2003, 08:01 PM   #27
BobaFan
Lurker

My vote is for a bunch of Clone Troopers. I just see Mace sacrificing himself while he covers his retreating Jedi brethren. I think this would be an excellent way for him to go out, and only when he is extremely outnumbered would I actually kill him. Have him surrounded, go down, and fade out to the next scene. Dramatic, yet cool.

I also wouldn't rule out Sidious. Yoda's quote in RotJ seems to imply a confrontation. I've no doubt Yoda will uncover the corrupt Chancellor, but perhaps Mace will be present during this. Perhaps Mace is killed while Yoda barely escapes.

I'd say Anakin would be the most likely, but I already picture him battling Dooku and Obi Wan. Three duels against one person throughout the film just seems like a bit of overkill to me.
BobaFan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-12-2003, 03:05 AM   #28
mikamu
Rookie

i thnk dooku gets him because in ep2 when they confronted each other he (dooku) said "brave but foolish my old friend...
you are greatly outnumbered" they odviously knew each other at one point and I felt a kind of a rivalary with the both of them
mikamu is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-13-2003, 01:42 PM   #29
covenant_bad

I think it would be an insult if some 13 year old brat, namely Boba kills Mace. So therefore, id go for what Bobafan said, loadsa Stormys attacking him.

For death and glory. The horn of Helm Hammerhand shall sound in the Deep one last time! Let this be the hour when we draw swords together. Fell deeds awake. Now for wrath! Now for ruin! And the Red Dawn!
covenant_bad is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-13-2003, 05:23 PM   #30
rad-x

It will be the new bad guy.

And if it isn't him then I hope it's Dooku.

As I gaze up at the night sky in my own fair time, I look back down and see the devastation. This post-nuclear world. It's terrible. But at least we got Nuka-Cola, warm and flat, the drink of the post-apocalyptic civiliztion. Generation Next!
rad-x is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-14-2003, 01:01 PM   #31
guybroom
Troezen

I think your all wrong.

I think that half way through E3 when Anikan turns to the dark side, Mace commits suicide. He realises that it was wrong to think he was ready to go on his first asinement at that time.

Because he was sooooo wrong, Yoda (being head of the Jedi councel) says he will. But Mace says he will.

This is most likly wrong but I think it is logical

IM NOT GOING TO BE ON THE FORUMS VERY OFTEN NOW! I MIGHT BE ON TIME TO TIME, BUT IVE BASICLY GIVEN UP THE FORUMS NOW!!!!

bye all

Guybroom
guybroom is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-14-2003, 01:48 PM   #32
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally posted by guybroom
I think your all wrong.

I think that half way through E3 when Anikan turns to the dark side, Mace commits suicide. He realises that it was wrong to think he was ready to go on his first asinement at that time.

Because he was sooooo wrong, Yoda (being head of the Jedi councel) says he will. But Mace says he will.

This is most likly wrong but I think it is logical
er... no. We all know Mace goes out in a blaze of glory, we just don't know how.

Lynk Former is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-18-2003, 08:44 AM   #33
Sivy
coming soon

Forum Veteran 
i think maybe anakin,

it wont be dooku cause (apparently) he's only in it for the first ten minutes.

also it greater justifies the need for obi-wan to kick his butt.

as long as its not boba i don't mind, no prepubescent kid should be able to kill a jedi master.
Sivy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-19-2003, 04:54 AM   #34
Andy867
McCan Caoma

For all we know, Mace could be helping Jar escape and as they are running, mace stops at a cliff and Stupid jar jar not paying attention will bump him offf.. Oopsies.

Actually, I think it will be Anakin, as people as said, to show his loyalty and persistence to prove that he is the most powerful Jedi and Palpy with his manipulative ways says that Mace is the only one that stands between Anakin and his claim to power,etc.

Shut yo face before I punch you in the mouth, break your teeth and call you Snaggle-tooth.
Andy867 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-25-2003, 01:01 AM   #35
Admiral Vostok
Lord of Star Wars Purists

I think it would be poetic for Boba to do it, but I don't see how this could happen without it being lame. Also (though I can't confirm this) it looks as though Boba isn't even in Episode III (going from the rather comprehensive cast list on IMDB).

I voted Dooku. I think Anakin has got too much else to do. It seemed that Dooku and Mace had some sort of history, since he kept calling him "old friend" all the time. I'm sure Mace would want to kick his ass once he found out Dooku was a Sith Lord, as he'd feel betrayed - remember he says to Padme that it wasn't in Dooku's character to kill anyone... perhaps he's sticking up for his "old friend"?

Admiral Vostok, Star Wars Scholar and Lord of the Star Wars Purists.

Check out Admiral Vostok's plan for a new Star Wars RTS
Admiral Vostok is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-26-2003, 12:30 PM   #36
Scruffy
Rookie

The Death star because in the 4th one movie the death star blows up that planet obiwan would of taken him to train from mace all of the Jedi were on that planet when it blew up

"Life is measured in deeds, not years" - George S. Patton
"Between a battle lost and a battle won, the distance is immense and there stands empires."
-Napoleon
Scruffy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-27-2003, 06:04 PM   #37
gorganfloss

I think Boba should do it simply because he's my favorite Star Wars bad guy.

Taken down with hearts alive.
gorganfloss is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-03-2003, 11:57 AM   #38
shukrallah
White Dragon

I think boba, because mace killed boba's dad, and he would want revenge, its either that, or anakin, maybe dooku....
shukrallah is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-03-2003, 12:02 PM   #39
vegietto

i think it should be boba , imean he killed his father so boba has a motive too and plus they got to kill the best jedi even tho it will be hard too i mean Mace is only secord to Yoda, i mean their is only one way he could do it and that is if he trapped him cause he couldn't do it one-on-one.

Thanks to joetheeskimo05 for the sig!

Under the great training of Zbomber
vegietto is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-03-2003, 02:09 PM   #40
Xizor's killer

Jason Voorhees LOL no I reckon it'll be no one we've ever heard of
Xizor's killer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars > Prequel Trilogy > Who do u think should kill Mace?