lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Cantina Part 11- The Darkest Hour
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-31-2003, 05:32 PM   #561
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

Hot Topic Starter 10 year veteran! LF Jester Contest winner - LucasCast 
((Deac: You still have a message that you haven't read from me ))

F. Irvine "Coruscant. Hmph. Too much has happened there. But should that be the only target? Besides, there might be some use for that planet before we destory it. When I was there I sensed beings whom seem to have darted in and out from nowhere. Deac starkiller had been captured by those beings for some bit of time before leaving, somehow healed. I'd like to come in contact with those beings, and see what we can get from them."

Last edited by Kuuki; 01-01-2004 at 03:38 PM.
Kuuki is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-01-2004, 06:47 AM   #562
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
((Scar: Please post in understandable english))

Asgard: Gladsheim

Odin: We have watched the inner and mid rim worlds of this galaxy for years beyond count. We have kept them safe from outside threats that could have destroyed those civilizations. We have seen them develop. In order to keep the mid and inner rims developing at a healthy rate and to prevant stagnation it is necessary that we withdraw a portion of our protection.

There are still innocents in the galaxy. Although they be few and far between. We will not abandon them to the wolves. Nor will we abandon the few allies we have to face the threats alone. We will continue to watch, and if necessary step in.

Already there are fully automated listening stations posted around the worlds. Some Valkyries may be wondering if they still have a job with this. They should not fear, there is and always will be plenty for the Valkyries to do, and there is plenty for every Aesir. The futhark has returned, we still have our mission with the Jotuns and numerous other tasks.

While we advance keep in mind. Evil is only allowed to presist when good men do nothing.

"Dulce bellum inexpertis."

Official Forum Expert on Norse Mythology
As Odin says in the Hovamal:
"Praise no day 'til evening; no wife 'til on her pyre; no sword 'til tested;
no maid 'til bedded; no ice 'til crossed;
no ale 'til drunk."
Admiral is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-01-2004, 07:29 AM   #563
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

10 year veteran! LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran LF Jester 
England, 18th Century

*Enelya and Cyrus fight each other*

Enelya: *hissing in his face* You're far too strong for a human. What part of your soul did you sacrifice for your power?

Cyrus: Speak not of souls, foul demon, for you have none.

Enelya: You think so? Wrong, human. It is with my humanity I have become what you see before you, and it is with my humanity that I shall exact my vengeance on all your kind. I have a soul, human, just as you...

Cyrus: Even if what you say is true...it makes no difference to me. *He manages to stab her arm with his short sword blade* You are an unholy beast, and I will destroy you and every last one of your dark kind.

Enelya: What about your children, Cyrus? Your family? A family like the ones you honorable Englishmen do not allow my people to have?

*Cyrus regains his crossbow. He fires at Enelya, who catches the bolt with her hand. She yanks it out of her palm and throws it back at him, missing*

Cyrus: A family? One like me does not have the luxury of families.

Enelya: You're lying. I can see it in your eyes. *She glances at the barn, where all the people have headed* And why don't you have your friends run away? Not as if they could escape...but why do you herd into a barn like animals waiting to be slaughtered?

Cyrus: So much talk, vampire.

*An arrow flies from the forest and buries itself in Enelya's chest. She twists, and it misses her heart.

Cyrus' companions emerge from the trees. The gargoyle has another arrow notched into his bow. The elves carry large, round weapons with curved spikes circling their outer edges. The furred man carries long claws*

Cyrus: You will die here. Your demon companions we have already taken care of. They will not come to help you. Have you any last words?

Enelya: No one needs to help me.

*She leaps high into the air. She catches on a tree branch and flings herself onto the barn roof. The gargoyle fires arrows at her, but she is too fast. She disappears over the roof's peak.*

Redwing is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-01-2004, 04:04 PM   #564
Deac
Now in 4-D!

Hot Topic Starter Roleplayer 
Lokpihet: Fine. Let's go chase some planar meddler then. Just as long as I can kill something.

Deac: Purveyor of Fine Quality Postage Since 2001
Deac is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-01-2004, 04:53 PM   #565
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
Flax: Lokpihet is carving up the loyalists in the Empire and Cracken isn't stopping him. I have a tactical analysis of his forces and conquests, as well as a break down of his possible targets. I don't have any Infiltrators in his ranks. You'd have to be mad to accept that assignment.

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
BattleDog is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-01-2004, 05:01 PM   #566
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

F. Irvine "I never said anything about not destorying Coruscant. But before we leave I want to have a bomb ready."

*F. Irvine hands a piece of paper with set instructions writen on it to one of the helpers Lokpihet was taling to earlier.*

Old 01-02-2004, 02:12 AM   #567
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Greer: I've been doing relativly well, considering the sudden change of jobs. How have you been?

Vader's wife was very pregnant when she died 19 years ago. All of a sudden a 19 year old who is very strong in the force and has a distinct resembalance to him in his younger days rolls in from Vader's home planet with his old Master Obi-Wan (Who was the ONLY other person preset at the time his wife died. And to boot, the kid's last name is Skywalker.

So in answer to your question, he knew Luke was his son because his name is Darth Vader, and not Darth Retard.

-Forum post on why Vader knew Luke was his son.
jokemaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-02-2004, 08:06 AM   #568
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

England, 18th Century

*When Cyrus and his men made it to the other side of the barn seconds later, Enelya was nowhere to be seen.

In fact, she had gone down the side of the barn itself and slided in through a high window, perhaps intending to take a hostage or start a commotion to mask her escape.

What she saw stopped her in her tracks, hanging in the rafters.

A net of blue sparks hung in the air, forming a giant circlet as big as one of the barn walls. In between the blue sparks, a set of large red doors was visible.

A carriage was heading through the doors. It was horse-drawn carriage with a team of four horses. Except the carriage was completey embraced by a great structure of dark metal that could not have been forged by men. The only trace of metalwork that appeared to the vampire's keen eyesight were the runes all along the sides that she could not read, but even without being able to recognize that, she would have still known that what was in front of her did not belong. Being pulled behind the carriage by virtue of a long chain was a huge star-shaped structure that floated of its own accord, glowing.

A strange pale green sheen ran over the carriage's runes as the carriage went through the red doors...into the wall.

Something inside her was stirring, drawing her towards the net of sparks, towards the doors into the wall...

Before she could do anything, before her stunned eyes the doors shut. The circlet of sparks drew inwards and vanished in on itself, leaving nothing but a blank, slightly charred barn wall.

All the humans were gone. Escaped.

Korriban

In the present, in an alien dimension, Gilian, recognized what was in front of her. Like most vampires she had an exceptionally good memory. Even if she hadn't, however, she still would have remembered this.

What was in front of her was the carriage from the barn, or one like it. The actual horse-drawn, human-crafted carriage itself was long gone, but there was no mistaking the pieces that remained.

How...

Old 01-02-2004, 11:50 AM   #569
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
Sellena: Well my twin sister is dead and so is the Republic, so about the same.

((With Greer and Deac's permission I'd like to do the two day time skip to the funeral. It'd be the best way to re-focus the thread. Then I gues we're going after Deac's daughter. So maybe we should be setting up for a new thread?))

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 01-02-2004, 01:20 PM   #570
Deac
Now in 4-D!

[I'm ok with the time skip. Start thinking of your cliffhangars...]

Lokpihet: Sure, whatever. Provided it means I can hurt Cracken, then I don't really care what you do.

Old 01-02-2004, 03:51 PM   #571
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

F. Irvine "It may not matter of what or who I am to Cracken, but I'm sure it'll hurt him well enough to ackomplish something that he couldn't. Of course it might mean that I'm starting to rain on your parade, but at least this gets my nose in the door."
Old 01-02-2004, 04:12 PM   #572
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
((Fine with me.))
Greer: How is Flax doing?

Vader's wife was very pregnant when she died 19 years ago. All of a sudden a 19 year old who is very strong in the force and has a distinct resembalance to him in his younger days rolls in from Vader's home planet with his old Master Obi-Wan (Who was the ONLY other person preset at the time his wife died. And to boot, the kid's last name is Skywalker.

So in answer to your question, he knew Luke was his son because his name is Darth Vader, and not Darth Retard.

Old 01-03-2004, 01:25 AM   #573
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

((I'm okay with that - I've purposely avoided bringing most of my characters back in as I might or might not have limited Net access soon, so I'm not doing anything that would prevent a time skip or a new thread...))

Korriban

Gilian: *turning to Irvine, rather startled at the gradual continuing change in his appearance* Tell Cracken, when he gets here...tell him I know what this is. It's likely from my dimension, and it's certainly alien to this one...what it's called and how to use it, I'm not sure, but I'm leaving to find out. Can you tell him that?

Old 01-03-2004, 02:39 AM   #574
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

*Irvine blinks, shakes his head, and falls to a knee. The color of his hair briefly changes back into red, back to black, in a wave-life pattern from his steams to the tips. He looks at his hands, the blood rom the small cuts. Slightly confused of what is happening to him.*

Irvine "Yes, yes I will tell him."

Last edited by Kuuki; 01-03-2004 at 02:51 AM.
Old 01-06-2004, 05:43 AM   #575
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
Asgard: Valhalla

*The council had adjourned, and in the morning the Tournament began. The Tournament occured once a decade and spaned 3 weeks, and was eagerly look forward to by every Aesir. The tournaments began with a very large parade of the military. The Einherjar, Beskers, Valkyries and a host of the regular military would march from the the gates of Vahalla to the palace.

After the parade the actual tournaments would begin. Every city held at least one, and Valhalla held the largest and most numerous tournaments. The tournaments ranged from fighting with a sword, to simulated aerial combat. When the tournaments were not beign held gifts were exchanged, people would go to parties, and generally celebrated. Mead and other drinks flowed like rivers down the streets fo the city, there were feasts.

Their were also two other tradions. The first being that all arms and armor would be heavily discounted during this time frame. The second was the unvieling of a new item. This ranges from a special gun, to starships.
----------------------------------------

It was early morning when the march in Valhalla began. The sky was a deep blue, the sun shone brightly and there were only a few wipsy clouds. The marchers were all lined up at the cities gate. All of them wore their dress armor which glinted in th emorning sun. Drums began beating and the parade began, Drakes took flight and flew over the heads of the marchers casting shadows on them. The parade is miles long and will last many hours.

"Dulce bellum inexpertis."

Official Forum Expert on Norse Mythology
As Odin says in the Hovamal:
"Praise no day 'til evening; no wife 'til on her pyre; no sword 'til tested;
no maid 'til bedded; no ice 'til crossed;
no ale 'til drunk."
Admiral is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-06-2004, 08:48 PM   #576
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
Sellena: He's heart broken. Marriage is different for Jedi, they were almost a part of each other. I don't know how long he'll hold together, James.

You need to see a tailor for the funeral, by the way.

Two day later.

*In the courtyard a great pyre has been built, Agamarian Gaurdsmen form an open box around the pyre. Sophae's body is already on the pyre, dressed all in white.

The great Lord Taklin Falx stands infront of the pyre, he walks fowards, a burning torch in his hands. As he approaches the pyre the Gaurdsmen snap to attention. Flax tosses the torch onto the pyre it catches quickly.

A fresh snow has begun to fall, the snow turns to steam as it touches the heat.*

*The funeral pyre burns, as Sophae's body is consumed by the flames Flax watches, his daughter cries on his shoulder and his two sons stand silently behind him.*

*Flax turns away from the pyre to address the Nobles of the Rim.*

Flax: We have reached a dark time, our brightest daughter, my beloved wife, has fallen. Now we must look ahead and decide what we must do.

The Republic has become corrupt, the Presidant has lost all power, the military has either sided with the polititions or been silenced. Some of our geat leaders have escaped, they stand here with us now. *Gestures to Ackbar and the others.*

One of our greatest warriors, Lord Deac Starkiller was almost killed by the Imperial Seperatists. Our enemies are numerous, we must deal with them one by one. Tomorrow we will make plans

For now though, we shall moune the dead.

*Turns back to the fire.*

((OSS: Going to have an exam on Friday. I've been revising.))

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 01-06-2004, 10:49 PM   #577
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
*Greer stood along with his team, all of them wearing black formal suits, they were all silent, all standing perfectly still, silently mourning Sophae.*

Old 01-06-2004, 11:51 PM   #578
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

*meanwhile, on Luki, 5 large sphereical bombs were created. Each of them had the same disign. All not being able to detonate in their presant condiction.*

F. Irvine "Perfect..."

Old 01-07-2004, 06:47 AM   #579
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

*In the back of the crowd at Sophae's funeral, hidden in the shadows, Rwos stands watching the proceedings, also dressed completely in black. By the time the funeral was over, he had again vanished*

Old 01-07-2004, 05:14 PM   #580
Deac
Now in 4-D!

*Deac steps up the the pyre in turn, and does what is custom of the greatest respect on Atredis*

Deac: By this burning, may she find peace. By this burning, we will remember.

*Places hand in the pyre, and quickly draws it out again*

The hand will heal, and the mind will remember.

Old 01-07-2004, 06:29 PM   #581
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
*Flax turns to Deac.*

Flax: My wife is dead, I will kill her Murderer myself. Your daughter lives, you must protect her.

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 01-14-2004, 04:34 PM   #582
Deac
Now in 4-D!

[That was a long downtime....]

Deac: I'm leaving tomorrow. I hope it goes...well....

Old 01-14-2004, 10:00 PM   #583
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

*Fused Irvine leads the chian of bombs being carried via antigrav struts and a stormtrooper at each.*

Fused Irvine "Lokpihet, I'm ready."

Old 01-15-2004, 07:34 PM   #584
Deac
Now in 4-D!

Lokpihet: And what do you intend to do with those?

Old 01-15-2004, 09:01 PM   #585
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
Flax: I can't come with you this time, Deac, I'm needed here. You're going to Tallacos to get Elella?

------------------------------------------------

*Tallacos*

*On this world it is summer. The world is unspoilt by civiliization, the local humans have renounced all but the most essential modern technology. The Only advanced settlement was around the spaceport.*

*That was why Drago, or rather Dralso, liked it. The world reminded him of Mrear, before all the troubles had begun.

Drago was renting a small cottage just off the main square of the settlement, he was posing as a blacksmith. The local people were a religious sect, they avoided the use of technology, even slugthrowers were frowned on. As a result he had a lot of work, shoeing horses and the local, Eliket, the native beast of burdan.

The place was good for Lelan too, she had no memory of her time as a Vampire, Dralso knew he would have to ease her into the galaxey slowly.

He wasn't really here as a blacksmith though, he was here to watch the Jedi.*

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 01-16-2004, 12:54 AM   #586
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

Fused Irvine "Plug 'em into a nice high power supply source, which a place like coruscant has plenty of, and it'll store the power, triggering a fail-safe anti matter bomb. Undefusable, for the risk if anyone attempted, the force fields will shut down, and we know what happens when anti-matter containment fails now do we..." *grins*

Old 01-16-2004, 05:05 PM   #587
Deac
Now in 4-D!

Deac: Damn right. I don't know what I'm going to say to her......

--------------------------------

Lokpihet: Nice toy. I-

*Lokpihet is suddenly hit from behind. He turns and sees a woman, holding a lightsaber standing before him*

Elella: You're going to pay for Atredis.

Cousin.

Old 01-16-2004, 06:35 PM   #588
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

F. Irvine "You know, your family is starting to get more and more annoying..."

Old 01-18-2004, 02:46 PM   #589
Deac
Now in 4-D!

*Lokpihet activates his own saber*

Lokpihet: Cousin? I have no cousin. I have no uncle either.... anymore.

Elella: You....!

*The two charge and begin to fight*

Old 01-20-2004, 07:04 PM   #590
Captain Wilson
Mulleted Muppet

Atredis
*Standing around Atredis, kaildor Pulled out the data pad and looked up deacs postion. Some dots were begining to cluster together. Only 2 dots had names attached, one saying me, the other saying Starkiller. Kaildor begain to walk to the wreaked ship yard*

Captain Wilson is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-21-2004, 07:24 PM   #591
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
((I take it Elella has given Drago the slip?))

Flax: I'll send Hal and Kal with you. You can take a YT-2000, one of our gunboat models.

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 01-21-2004, 10:13 PM   #592
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
*Greer's comlink rang. He picked up, and it was Perez*
Greer: Yeah?
Perez:You have a call.
Greer: can't it wait?
Perez: It's Qwera.
Greer: Patch her through.

Old 01-22-2004, 05:23 PM   #593
Deac
Now in 4-D!

Deac: I'll leave right away, then.

------------------------------------

Elella: You find my somewhat stronger than my father. I am a jedi. He's just a soldier!

Lokpihet: You've not been keeping up with your father's cybernetic affairs, have you?

Elella: What do you care- you raped our homeworld! You're like...mother...

*This hits a chord with Lokpihet, who for a moment sees himself, hating his own mother*

Old 01-22-2004, 06:10 PM   #594
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

F. Irvine "Lokpihet. As much as I would find your family matters personal, it is starting to get rather depressing."
Old 01-23-2004, 05:50 PM   #595
Deac
Now in 4-D!

Lokpihet: Just because it reminds you of your own screwed up family?

Elella: Seems I'm not the only one with issues!

*Twists and force leaps above Lokpihet, slashing his shoulder*

Old 01-23-2004, 08:59 PM   #596
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

F. Irvine "Touche, Lokpihet..."

*F. Irvine hurls arcs of force lightning at Elella, during her mid jump, strong and powerful enough to push her in the reverse direction, he keeps the stream on her.*

F. Irvine "Please make due with her, while we're still young. I want to blow up Coruscant, and you have been wanted to, too."

Old 01-24-2004, 10:29 AM   #597
Deac
Now in 4-D!

Lokpihet: #Sigh# Very well. We'll talk later, Elella.

*Casts Force Stasis*

Take her to the guest quarters.

Old 01-24-2004, 07:21 PM   #598
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

[b]Deac's Ship[/i]

(or wherever Deac is hehe)

*A small flying droid flits up to Deac. It speaks in a mechanical voice*

Deac Starkiller, I presume? I have been sent by the business organization you know as the Shadows. Have you considered our offer?

Old 01-24-2004, 10:59 PM   #599
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
*Perez patched Qwera over to Greer*
Qwera: Why didn't you tell me about the people taking over the Republic?
Greer: I was pressed for time.
Qwera: Forget that. I want an extraction.
Greer: In return for what? We aren't exactly about to spare agents just to extract coworkers.
Qwera: I have valuable information. Something that's probably vital if you want to win the war.
Greer: Concerning what?
Qwera: Resources.
Greer: Keep talking.

Old 01-25-2004, 04:27 PM   #600
Deac
Now in 4-D!

Deac: Like I said, tell me your motivation.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > XWingAlliance.net > 1. XwingAlliance > Role Playing > Cantina Part 11- The Darkest Hour