lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: any roleplay sites or clubs out there
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-12-2003, 11:55 PM   #41
Tie Pilot
Rookie

what so instead of servers, we are penned into certain areas lol!!!, sounds crap to me, and i would rather have guns and full force also, someting u cant have in your rp servers, which are "sometimes" necessary to join. Lemme ask you this, have any of you actually enjoyed a full blown ffa yet, i have and it beats rpging away. those were the good old days

Aye your ma.
Tie Pilot is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-12-2003, 11:57 PM   #42
Tie Pilot
Rookie

Yeah Plazma is right, thats just what they are.

Aye your ma.
Old 09-12-2003, 11:58 PM   #43
traj
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by TK8252MJL
The JK2Files.com server does not have admins like that, Tie Pilot. The admin has to see the laming before they even sleep the accused. I was in there once, with no admin in at the time, and one guy was laming and using every foul word in the book. Then, an admin joined. Then when we all explained what happened, the lamer started acting all innocent and started obeying the rules. So the lamer basically got away.
omg that lamer is sooooooo lucky i wasnt admin there when he was laming...

you didnt happen to write down his name did you TK8882523MKL?

I will rid JK2 of bantha poopoo like this

may the force be with you

..|.. ^_^ ..|..
traj is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-13-2003, 12:00 AM   #44
Rad Blackrose
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by traj
Stop laming Rad...I bought the game like the rest of you and I will play it however I please...I enjoy pretending to be Lando Calrisian and I don't like SWG so I will go to any server (grendel etc...) and campfire all I want...

There is nothing you can do about it...I am the worst kind of rpger there is...I lame you lamers by rpging where you want to FPS...

I will /amsit on the flag and spam binds screaming at you in multicolors to bow...I will tell you exactly how dishonorable I think you are (and I do)...and sooner or later I will force you to follow the saber code...I will bow to you so many times you'll think its a career...

And if you dare come to my server I will turn you into a frozen, sleeping armadillo and then I will slap you until you disconnect...THATS why I bought this game...I live to enforce rules and turn my gaming time into work...JA was made for me not for you so YOU go play SWG...

check out the name tag...you're in my world now grandma

I am the rpg lamer who lames fps lamers...ph33r me
Two words:

Board troll.

Rad Blackrose is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-13-2003, 12:03 AM   #45
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

Couldn't think of anything better to say, Rad?
TK-8252 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-13-2003, 12:03 AM   #46
Tie Pilot
Rookie

1 guy was laming??? well i dont think ill like that place if the jk2files definition of laming is killing unarmed doesnt sound very exciting to me(although bad language should get u kicked i agree) i want war, and laming to me is whining about unarmed kills during a ffa!!

Aye your ma.
Old 09-13-2003, 12:05 AM   #47
Rad Blackrose
Banned

Quote:
Couldn't think of anything better to say, Rad?
Not really, I was thinking about linking his posts on FK, then proceeding to link unnamed's post in a certain thread talking about how people like traj do nothing but asskiss FK, and pull a spinjob, but that would require effort.
Old 09-13-2003, 12:07 AM   #48
traj
Rookie

I am not trolling, I am sharing my opinion on the lamer vs rpg debate same as you...I have been playing this game since early 1.3 and my opinions are as valid as yours...

just because you fps lame and i rpg lame doesnt mean we cant have a civilized discussion...

did you mean board troll or bored troll?

and you're so lucky i dont have rcon here Rad...oooooh the things I would do to you

..|.. ^_^ ..|..
Old 09-13-2003, 12:08 AM   #49
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

Maybe someone should create a new game mode for the saber down= peace servers to use, and FFA can really be an FFA.

BTW, I want amhug and amkiss banned. I don't like gay people touching me online.
Old 09-13-2003, 12:09 AM   #50
Tie Pilot
Rookie

Quote:
I am not trolling, I am sharing my opinion on the lamer vs rpg debate same as you...I have been playing this game since early 1.3 and my opinions are as valid as yours...

just because you fps lame and i rpg lame doesnt mean we cant have a civilized discussion...

did you mean board troll or bored troll?

and you're so lucky i dont have rcon here Rad...oooooh the things I would do to you

If u have played from 1.3 then you have never known true ffa, as far as i can remember when it all went wrong, i just started playing again recently so im not sure.

Aye your ma.
Old 09-13-2003, 12:12 AM   #51
Rad Blackrose
Banned

Quote:
BTW, I want amhug and amkiss banned. I don't like gay people touching me online.
Alright, you're getting quote of the day, be happy.

Quote:
I have been playing this game since early 1.3 and my opinions are as valid as yours...
Early 1.03 doesn't cut it, ASC vs SC was 1.02. By the time 1.03 came around, the rpg nublets already had the upper hand. Also, VAM was starting to show itself during this time.

Quote:
Do you realize how much of a hypocritical ****tard you sound like?

Quote:

You don't, too damn bad. Go back to trying to asskiss Fallen, UJ, and the others.

EDIT: And I dare not throw in the Apock comparison... Wait, maybe I will.
Old 09-13-2003, 12:17 AM   #52
Tie Pilot
Rookie

For a minute there i actually thought traij was on our side due to his funny posts that seem to be making fun of the rpg gamers more than we do, in then end hes just embarrasing his communtity, but i learned lol.

Aye your ma.
Old 09-13-2003, 12:33 AM   #53
traj
Rookie

Rad = lamer...lmao I got you so bad nub

..|.. ^_^ ..|..
Old 09-13-2003, 01:01 AM   #54
Rad Blackrose
Banned

Quote:
Rad = lamer
What's your point, ****wit?
Old 09-13-2003, 01:06 AM   #55
traj
Rookie

haha...nm man, I was just ****ing with you a little bit because I figured you would get it and play along...

bad idea I guess...you took it the wrong way =/

..|.. ^_^ ..|..
Old 09-13-2003, 07:30 AM   #56
Luc Solar
PH34R TEH INSANE JAWA!!!

Ok - lighten up TK8252MJL, stop trying to police Lucasforums. The mods have everything under control.

Quote:
There are some rule servers that have people who actually fight in it. If you would just play by the server's rules, you would not get in trouble.
* I'll say this again: Most servers have Rules and if a server does not have rules, you can bet your ass on that someone playing there will have Rules. So there are always Rules no matter where you go.

* Players do not often follow these rules. They do, however, expect everyone else to follow them. That's why we have to listen to the constant "HE LAMED MEE"-whining.
One minute people follow the rules and the next they feel like fooling around a bit and brake the rules. First they fight and then they decide to put their saber down 'cause they're low on hp or don't feel like losing to the opponent. Saber down = peeze.

*90% of admins are immature nazis who abuse their power. Admins never lose a fight. You know why? Because a skilled opponent gets sleeped before he manages to grip-kick the admin to death. Then he is branded lamer. Everyone who plays JO and uses "lame" moves like pull-kick / grip-kick / DFA / lunge / kicks / lightning / drain / saber swings that hit / pull-throw etc. knows this.

Please do not tell us that rules are fairly enforced by fair admins.

Please do not tell us to "find another server", because the problem are the players...and players are whining and btiching and complaining about "laming" on every server.

I started a server a while back and named it ABSOLUTELY NO WHINING/HONOUR CRAP and the first guy who logs on to this FFA tries to challenge me to a duel and when I told him to attack (it was just us 2 on the server!) he explained to me that only duels = skill. Then he lost and called me a lamer because I hit him once he fell on the ground after a saber lock. He disconnected after 5 minutes of "preaching to the noob about how honourable jedi fight".

Quote:
Getting amsleeped or kickbanned is NOTHING to be proud of. And since 95% of the servers have rules and admins, there must be more people who like to have rules than those who don't.
95% of servers have rules because those who set up servers want control. Not exactly surprising.

Actually, getting kickbanned starts to become something worth being proud of. There are two reasons for this:
1) if you're kickbanned, you obviously beat the crap out of the admin & his friends i.e you are a more skilled player than they are.
2) If you're kickbanned you obviously have been PLAYING the game and understand that this is a FPS, not a RPG.

Quote:
Let me tell you something... The JK2Files.com server has rules and admins, but there is often a spot on the map where there are people FFAing. You can always join in that, or just run around with your saber activated until someone else ignites theirs and you can fight them. If that doesn't work, you can always try challenging the people to private duels.
That's not an FFA, that's just an unorganized multiduel. The whole point in a FFA is to kill anything in sight and take advantage of everything the map offers.

Running around hoping for something to happen is not exactly my idea of a fun, fast paced deathmatch. And what if someone attacks me? What do I get? A DUEL!

Got Honourz? Great.. I hope you choke on it!

I r0xx0r all j00 nooberz that mess with me. You nooberz suXor out of my way or I eat j00....

Most ridiculous Quote of the century: >)O(< ENmiTy: promoting mindless FFA and SD kills promotes disorderly conduct amoung the online community.
Luc Solar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-13-2003, 08:59 AM   #57
Tie Pilot
Rookie

i knew traij wasnt an honor player, no honor player would make fun of thier community that way, and yes TK8252MJL, you are trying to police the forums, guys like lamer hunter were annoying later on this guy was funny

Aye your ma.
Old 09-13-2003, 04:19 PM   #58
Tie Pilot
Rookie

Heres an example of how rpgers ruin our fun in ctf servers and the like: well i was on chop shop earlier today, incognito. I was having some fun for a while until the whiner brigade showed up and started whing about force powers and how gay they are, and how grip is for noobs. It was so sad, i had to leave i couldnt take the whining. Chop Shop has gone to the dogs.

Aye your ma.
Old 09-13-2003, 04:20 PM   #59
chewbacca rules
Lurker

ROOOOOOGAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

CHEWY RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
chewbacca rules is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-13-2003, 04:53 PM   #60
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

Quote:
Originally posted by chewbacca rules

I've just reported that.

TIE Pilot, just tune out people like that. I find it funny how stupid people like that are! They join servers with Force Powers, and then complain that you're using Force. I was in the JK2Files.com server, and one guy was calling someone a newb (not n00b) for using Force. He basically was then hated and flamed the rest of the match. Everyone (including myself) was then calling him the n00b (yes n00b, not newb).
Old 09-13-2003, 05:01 PM   #61
chewbacca rules
Lurker

spoiler:
lighten up kid, you take this way too seriously
Old 09-13-2003, 05:08 PM   #62
chewbacca rules
Lurker

I think I'm going to pay you a visit on jk2files.com server and post the demo.

anyways BACK ON TOPIC SO I DON'T GET BANNED OH NOOOEZ!!

you can role play on just about any jk2 server, no one plays on them anymore.

if you really want in a club, pm a guy on these forums named ronin maje (I can't remember his exact name just look in the member list).

He's a very cool dude who runs a rpg club/site.
Old 09-13-2003, 05:10 PM   #63
Tie Pilot
Rookie

You do Tk, he was joking, you maybe do need to lighten up abit, its not a "serious" forum as such its a forum were we talk about games which are fun and have jokes

Aye your ma.
Old 09-13-2003, 05:15 PM   #64
Tie Pilot
Rookie

yeah but no one else takes it so seriously, and not everyone who doesnt follow the rules exactly is a time waster.

Aye your ma.
Old 09-13-2003, 05:17 PM   #65
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

So how does

Quote:

contribute to the discussion?
Old 09-13-2003, 05:21 PM   #66
Tie Pilot
Rookie

the point is, that it doesnt seem to bother anybody but you, i think you need to loosen up abit, your getting sorta like an rpger to an abusive admin.

Aye your ma.
Old 09-13-2003, 05:25 PM   #67
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

Okay, well, chewbacca rules is new here, so I guess I'll give him a break. But chewbacca rules, this is supposed to be a serious forum, if you want to post non-sense, do it at Yoda's Swamp.

We all know what happened to TRUE_HONOR_JEDI and [LAMER HUNTER]
Old 09-13-2003, 05:34 PM   #68
Tie Pilot
Rookie

They Deserved it, and chewbacca was just a one time joke, which you shouldnt have reported, you are trying to police the forums.

Aye your ma.
Old 09-13-2003, 05:52 PM   #69
g//plaZma

Quote:
So how does

contribute to the discussion?
You're not contributing to the discussion either. Posting about how you reported some people isn't exactly the topic of this discussion. If it is, excuse me because I didn't know a thread with the name "any roleplay sites or clubs out there" would be discussing that.

Making useless posts about how you reported someone is considered spam since you're not contributing to the topic of discussion.

Please leave this job to the moderators and admins. It's their job, not yours.

g//plaZma is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-13-2003, 06:12 PM   #70
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

I believe that the Report this post to a moderator button is put there for a reason. The moderators can't see everything.
Old 09-13-2003, 06:25 PM   #71
g//plaZma

Quote:
I believe that the Report this post to a moderator button is put there for a reason. The moderators can't see everything.
The report button is there for a reason. To report people. But you don't need to compliment a report with a new post telling everyone that you have reported a certain person. That is spam. The moderators know you have reported someone. No one else needs to know and no one else really cares to know.

g//plaZma is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-13-2003, 08:10 PM   #72
Darklighter
Bliss Ninny

Current Game: Uncharted 3
10 year veteran! LFN Staff Member 
Okay that's enough, this has been dragged on way too long. chewbacca rules, you're first post was not relevant to the discussion. Just cool it guys, what is the point in continuing to argue about this? Just please, try and get back on topic

"Yeah no one likes a smart ass, but we all like stars,
But that wasn't my intention, I did it for a reason..."
Darklighter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-13-2003, 08:34 PM   #73
Tie Pilot
Rookie

hes right lets make our own thread on thi....just kidding

Well peeps were were we?

Aye your ma.
Old 09-14-2003, 02:04 AM   #74
Amidala from Chop Shop
Politically-correct jerk

Quote:
Originally posted by Tie Pilot
Heres an example of how rpgers ruin our fun in ctf servers and the like: well i was on chop shop earlier today, incognito. I was having some fun for a while until the whiner brigade showed up and started whing about force powers and how gay they are, and how grip is for noobs. It was so sad, i had to leave i couldnt take the whining. Chop Shop has gone to the dogs.
I don't which one of my servers you had a disappointing time on, sorry you didn't enjoy your stay It's hard to have 15-20 people on the server and not have some whiners, but with the "on your feet = legal target" rule RPGers don't stay very long. I hope you'll try it again before you move on to Jedi Academy. On the INCREASED SABER DAMAGE FFA-CTF server I have an automated message suggesting players use /ignore <playername> so they don't have to read whining from Force haters and honor weenies, and spam from spam generators, er I mean killtrackers. It works pretty well. Funny, when I am concentrating on fighting to stay alive or capture the flag I don't even notice what's going on in the upper lefthand corner of my screen.

Recently I was on the FFA-CTF server on ffa_yavin. There were only 3 or 4 of us having a good old FFA time. We were jumping around shooting rockets at each other and decapitating each other. This guy shows up, saber off, and walks down to the middle of the map where we are jumping around fighting. Right in the middle of the fight, I see that he is challenging me to a duel!! LOL, like I'm going to drop what I'm doing so I can have the "honor" of dueling him?! I just ignored him and we kept firing rockets at each other. Well, there was some "collateral damage" from all those rockets and he was blown to bits. He disconnected, probably thinking we were "nOObs with no honor". Oh well, you can't please everybody (especially the members of this forum!)
Amidala from Chop Shop is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-14-2003, 02:23 AM   #75
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

Quote:
Originally posted by Amidala from Chop Shop
spam generators, er I mean killtrackers.
You know what are worse spam generators than the kill trackers? Those annoying automated server messages!

Oh well, I love the Chop Shop Disruption server anyway. Amidala, you should consider making the server have forced teams, cause it gets pretty uneven at times.
Old 09-14-2003, 05:59 AM   #76
Amidala from Chop Shop
Politically-correct jerk

Quote:
You know what are worse spam generators than the kill trackers? Those annoying automated server messages!
Yes, I know they are annoying, but it's the best way to inform players and answer their FAQs, since there are rarely any admins around (oops, didn't mean to let that out of the bag). Every day, countless people still come on the server and say "what was that dismember command again?" even though it is in the MOTD, and the automated messages answer them. Since we don't have a web site (and most of the dozens of players who come to the server daily wouldn't go to it if we did anyway), I have been using the messages on the Disruption server to tell them where to download the Palace Wars map, how to install it (people ask "Where do I get that map?", "OK, I downloaded that map, now what do I do with it?", "\GameData\Base folder, where's that?"), and how to /set com_HunkMegs 128 so it will work. I just can't be available 24/7 to answer questions like that, but the automated messages can. On the FFA-CTF server, the messages remind people to "chat at your own risk, then don't whine when you die", "this is a battleground, not a chatroom", "if not fighting go to spectator", "saber off = easier to kill", "don't spawn camp", etc. There's just not enough room in the MOTD to get all that information across. And the automated messages don't appear in my logfile, but all those spam tracker messages do. I really tolerated them for as long as I could, but with the number of people using them (and they are never used by the best players, BTW) and the high number of kills generated with high-damage lightsabers, it was really getting ridiculous. The easy kills on my servers attract the killtracker spammers like flies, trying to inflate their tallies. My logfiles were several MB in size everyday, which is huge for a text file, and a large and growing percentage of it was killtracker spam. I have to read those logfiles, you don't. One month's worth of logfiles is approximately 2 MILLION lines of text (not just chat but all the other recorded events too), and despite the filtering utilities I use I end up scrolling through page after page of "so and so, you are the 112 person I have killed, 3 kills have come from you" or worse. So sorry, no more killtrackers.

Quote:
Oh well, I love the Chop Shop Disruption server anyway. Amidala, you should consider making the server have forced teams, cause it gets pretty uneven at times.
Team force balance IS on (g_teamforcebalance = 1), but it's power is limited. No server setting in the world is going to keep noobs from piling into the winning team, and also some people call "teams!" when it's 5 vs. 6, or 6 vs. 7, or even 10 vs. 12, as if that 1 person will make a difference. Of course, it's rare for a member of the leading team to call "teams!", even when they are outnumbered, it's always a member of the trailing team, and only if the team balance is against them. Nobody says "teams!" for balance and fairness when their team is the larger one.
Old 09-14-2003, 06:21 AM   #77
chewbacca rules
Lurker

I have not been to your servers in a while but one thing I would suggest setting (if it is not currently) would be the re enabling of all force powers when it is saber only CTF.

I was there a while back and speed was disabled and it was quite annoying having to "trot" back to my base and having a swarm of (sorry for the expresion but this was true) newbies who are just flailing around in light stance mow me down every time and not being able to prevent the "hold down mouse1" crowd and their random swings.

other than that little personal gripe I will say you run a "tight ship" and I liked playing there because I don't see the usual crap that goes on in servers like jk2files.com
Old 09-14-2003, 07:00 AM   #78
Lightsaberboy
COME ON!

10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Okay, well, chewbacca rules is new here,
i really doubt that.

It's my ILLUSION!
Lightsaberboy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-14-2003, 07:41 AM   #79
Amidala from Chop Shop
Politically-correct jerk

Quote:
I have not been to your servers in a while but one thing I would suggest setting (if it is not currently) would be the re enabling of all force powers when it is saber only CTF.

I was there a while back and speed was disabled and it was quite annoying having to "trot" back to my base and having a swarm of (sorry for the expresion but this was true) newbies who are just flailing around in light stance mow me down every time and not being able to prevent the "hold down mouse1" crowd and their random swings.

other than that little personal gripe I will say you run a "tight ship" and I liked playing there because I don't see the usual crap that goes on in servers like jk2files.com
Thanks for your kind words!
All 7 CTF maps in the 20 map rotation have always been full-force, full-weapon, except just today I disabled blasters, repeaters, and flechettes in ctf_imperial (Garrison 27) because that is a very laggy map and it lags even worse when the server is full and those weapons are used. However, all CTF maps are still full-force and the other CTF maps are full weapon. I am sure the map you are referring to is the one map (out of 20) of CTY (Capture the Ysalamiri) that we play on ctf_yavin. It was saber-only (I recently put trip mines, det packs, thermal detonators, and the Bryar pistol back in at player request) and originally was full-force. However, I disabled Speed and Dark Rage on that map because once you get the ysalamiri, you can't use Speed or Dark Rage as the ysalamiri carrier, and it is too easy for pursuers to turn on Speed and\or Dark Rage and overtake the ysalamiri carrier. The ysalamiri carriers were always getting massacred, so I disabled Speed and Dark Rage on that map to give them half a chance. But I agree it is a drag all the other times when you are running around that big map without Speed. However, you have just given me a great idea: I will increase the speed everyone runs even more so it is 40% above normal for everyone on that map, including ysalamiri carriers. It will be like having Force Speed level 1.5 on all the time, making it easier to get around the map. Thanks!

By the way, during the 20-map rotation you get to play every Jedi Outcast gametype except Duel at least once: FFA, Team FFA, Holocron FFA(!), Jedimaster(!), Capture the Flag, and Capture the Ysalamiri(!). It's pretty rare to see 10-15 players in a Holocron FFA or Jedimaster game, or 10-20 players in a CTY game, yet it happens frequently on my server. It has given a lot of people a chance to try playing some of the more uncommon gametypes, and many are suprised by how much fun they have (although people usually love or hate Jedimaster and CTY). At least it's a change of pace from yet another RPG\dueling "FFA" on Bespin Streets.
Old 09-14-2003, 10:50 AM   #80
Tie Pilot
Rookie

Your server is enjoyable, and ill have to try it out again, ive been playing for a while on it and its not a bad place, i still go there, that was just an example of how annoying they can get. i think he was ti hawk, damn he was annoying.

"grip is for noobs"
"grip whore"
"stop pulling"
"i cant take this im gone"

Then he comes back like 5 minutes later and whines again, but all servers have whining i suppose, so i still play on chop shop.

Yeah and the rotation is great, i especially like jedi Master

Im sorry if i sounded like i didnt like your servers, i do, its a lot of fun.

Ill try ignor next time

Aye your ma.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > any roleplay sites or clubs out there