lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Wolverine in JO
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-07-2003, 03:14 PM   #1
JEDI_Salvation

Wolverine in JO

Figured, nobody else has done it so why not:

Dont ask for release date....because i dont know
-S
JEDI_Salvation is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-07-2003, 03:29 PM   #2
CraZy_B

I'm not a fan of non SW related models but this looks great. Good luck JEDI_Salvation!
CraZy_B is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-07-2003, 04:11 PM   #3
Psyk0Sith
3D Tech Support

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Thumbs up

Wow, good job!

Psyk0Sith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-07-2003, 06:19 PM   #4
MagBag
Rookie

yes I saw that over at Massassi. It looks wonderful Jedi-Salv!

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believeth in Him, shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16
MagBag is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-07-2003, 08:08 PM   #5
ObiKast

Awesome
ObiKast is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-07-2003, 11:45 PM   #6
RaSiN_HeCk

hell yes, Wolverine's my favorite, out of pretty much all of Marvel.

if you need help with skinning or something, beta testing even. I'll help. but I doubt you'll need any cause that Neo skin you did was very good and beyond my skills.

you going to make his Yellow and Blue suit and/or his Orange and Brown one?

People who sin say this: They had to, to survive. People who sin say this: It's too late now to stop. The shadow called Sin dogs them steadily from behind, without a word. Remorse and Agony are repeated, to finally end up at Despair. But sinners don't know that if they turn around, there is a light... a light which keeps shining on them ever so warmly. A light that will never fade.
-Vash the Stampede
RaSiN_HeCk is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-08-2003, 01:38 AM   #7
Zappa_0
JOM Director

Wow I cant wait to see the finished model. The pic looks great keep up the good work!

Zappa_0 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-08-2003, 01:43 AM   #8
Crowy
Forumite

Location: on a peice of plywood with this sandpaper type stuff on it
looks very nice i was worried it was gunna be the movie one... ive seen a guy down the street with bigger sideburns and boofier hair than hugh jackman!!!

and as someone asked earlier will it be the yellow and blue one or the brown and yellow? or both!?

In Loving Memory Of Corinne Brittan.

September 3rd 1986 - November 30th 2003
Crowy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-08-2003, 12:01 PM   #9
Wudan
Got Balance?

OT: you can delete your own posts, click EDIT then there's a delete checkbox and button, check the box, click the button, whammo - deleted!

Cool wolverine model, but I've come to appreciate Hugh Jackman as wolverine and the costume quite a bit more than the comic costume. It's just ... silly to wear tights. And the costume has no purpose, it seems to me like a feral beast like wolverine wouldn't find any need to wear such a gaudy and awful costume. A wolverine in a white bloodstained shirt and blue-jeans would be cool.

Mt-Wudan.com
I made a silly little program called Dragon, which is an animation tool for the GLA format, used in Jedi Outcast, Jedi Academy and Krakatoa.
Wudan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-08-2003, 12:09 PM   #10
JEDI_Salvation

wow...ok

Well the way im planning on doing this model (if its possible) is to augment the face so he can have his mask on or off (modelers and skinners should know what im talking about) also the claws, shoulder pads and belt will be able to be turned on and off so that means.....drumroll....i will be doing both the yellow and blue as well as the orange costume both with mask on and off, annnnnnnnnnd thats not all, Ill probably throw in jeans and the wife beater t-shirt he always wears (at no extra cost!!!!)...ummm yeah well anyway, those are my plans, and quite frankly this model is going to be a b**ch to get done. So dont expect it anytime soon

-S

PS:> And its only silly to wear tights if youre not built as huge as comic book characters are...so that means anybody in real life wearing tights look like a fairy (though they got spiderman to work somehow...)
Old 09-08-2003, 08:29 PM   #11
inbredyokel

Maybe this sounds a little far-fetched, but with Jedi Academy coming along with it's dual lightsabers, I wonder if there would be a way using a modification to have Wolverine's claws extend in place of lightsaber blades (or just have them appear on his hands, and use the dual saber acrobatics and damage model). It may look a little funny though, depending on how big the change in weapon position effects how the animations appear.
inbredyokel is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-08-2003, 10:21 PM   #12
The Cheat
6 Foot Tall Bunny Rabbit

sweet looking model, love having more variety in the game models
The Cheat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-09-2003, 03:29 AM   #13
Miko Reglia
Veteran

woo, man salvy, you are one talented guy

Jedi Knight of "The Jedi Order"
Miko Reglia is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-09-2003, 04:24 PM   #14
Wudan
Got Balance?

It's pretty cool that you plan on doing all of the above

I prefer the wife-beater. Go figure.

Mt-Wudan.com
I made a silly little program called Dragon, which is an animation tool for the GLA format, used in Jedi Outcast, Jedi Academy and Krakatoa.
Wudan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-10-2003, 03:26 PM   #15
Psynex

I must agree; the model is looking very good.

Quote:
Originally posted by inbredyokel
Maybe this sounds a little far-fetched, but with Jedi Academy coming along with it's dual lightsabers, I wonder if there would be a way using a modification to have Wolverine's claws extend in place of lightsaber blades (or just have them appear on his hands, and use the dual saber acrobatics and damage model). It may look a little funny though, depending on how big the change in weapon position effects how the animations appear.
I was just looking in the assets of the jedi academy demo and if you're used to editing for JO then the new features aren't all that difficult to figure out (I know that they're not all there yet, but it's a good glimpse).

Wolvies claws would be awesome. If you added them, then just made "invisible sabers" it would look llike he's fighting. That would be awesome.

Last edited by Psynex; 09-10-2003 at 03:37 PM.
Psynex is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-10-2003, 07:17 PM   #16
JEDI_Salvation

i wonder...

Would it be possible to make glare trails off of his claws like the saber has trails? Any super talented modders out there?
Old 09-10-2003, 07:37 PM   #17
Psynex

yea it should be. It won' look perfect (3 distinct blade trails) but it will be better then it looking like a blade trail. You would have to make a false light saber and position the blade tag just right...then edit the trail graphic to better fit wolvie. If you align the saber blade tag up with where his claws would be in space , then make the saber mesh so you can hide it (either by a transparent skin, or a surface file), then the trail will appear there.
Old 09-10-2003, 09:11 PM   #18
RaSiN_HeCk

yeah but, if you did saber throw or something, he'd throw his claws. and I think you wouldn't exactly hit them withthe claws them selves, but the invisable beam aboce them.

but still, isn't quite Wolvie without claws.

People who sin say this: They had to, to survive. People who sin say this: It's too late now to stop. The shadow called Sin dogs them steadily from behind, without a word. Remorse and Agony are repeated, to finally end up at Despair. But sinners don't know that if they turn around, there is a light... a light which keeps shining on them ever so warmly. A light that will never fade.
-Vash the Stampede
Old 09-11-2003, 11:17 AM   #19
LightNinja
The Ninjonator

wow, great job

~JA MP Total Conversion~
LightNinja is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-11-2003, 01:37 PM   #20
Psynex

Quote:
Originally posted by RaSiN_HeCk
yeah but, if you did saber throw or something, he'd throw his claws. and I think you wouldn't exactly hit them withthe claws them selves, but the invisable beam aboce them.

good point. I overlooked the saber throw. You would still see a spinning trail, but it would be hard to connect. Oh well, minor trade-off. If you know you want to play as Wolverine, don't use saber throw.
Old 09-11-2003, 01:37 PM   #21
Psynex

Quote:
Originally posted by RaSiN_HeCk

good point. I overlooked the saber throw. You would still see a spinning trail, but it would be hard to connect. Oh well, minor trade-off. If you know you want to play as Wolverine, don't use saber throw.
Old 09-11-2003, 10:42 PM   #22
ninja

wow i really dig this. i look forward to seeing this one big time.

thread for model ideas, you might find great ideas. http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=83939

all S-wars comic character gallery http://jediencyclopedia.150m.com/lobby.html
ninja is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-25-2003, 06:14 PM   #23
Psynex

Question

Jedi_salvation: How's he coming along? I figured you could use my saber_claw hilt as a guide to making it look like wolvie has claws. You can also edit the sound so you get that nice Xmen cartoon SNiiiikkt!
Old 09-27-2003, 03:08 PM   #24
JEDI_Salvation

Unhappy regretfully...

Ive had to hold off on this model for the time being, i have a few projects that are ahead of this that require my attention...the first is getting my online portfolio designed and running so i can get out of the crappy stocking job im currently in, next is an alien model i started before Logan, then once that is complete, i will get back to everybodys favorite canadian be patient
-Salvy
Old 09-28-2003, 04:56 AM   #25
RaSiN_HeCk

*counts on fingers* I'll say you'll be back to modelling Wolvie when everyone forgets about him = )

don't let it slide off your list buddy! and what Alien? an alien from the Alien movies?

-Vash the Stampede
Old 02-08-2004, 06:06 AM   #26
-=DarkZero=-
Riddle Of The Day

We can't let this stuff die down, these are some of the best models we'll ever experience!
-=DarkZero=- is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-08-2004, 07:27 AM   #27
Miko Reglia
Veteran

i think he'll finish this once hes done with the TMU mod...

Jedi Knight of "The Jedi Order"
Miko Reglia is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-08-2004, 06:21 PM   #28
LightNinja
The Ninjonator

i'd like to think that will be finished but it seems that its dead

~JA MP Total Conversion~
LightNinja is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-09-2004, 07:58 AM   #29
GothiX
Ocean Soul

Salvy will finish it, it's not his style to do otherwise.

GothiX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-09-2004, 09:50 AM   #30
Zappa_0
JOM Director

I hope he does....this looks to be a real promising model for the game.
Zappa_0 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > Showcase forum > Modelling > Wolverine in JO