lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Defending Against Sabers
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-13-2003, 03:52 PM   #1
jonesdaniel
Rookie

Defending Against Sabers

Well, in the manual, it says you can defend against sabers by being in your ready or defensive pose.

1.) What is my defensive pose?

2.) Well, i stood there in my ready pose and someone swung at me, and it just hit me like usual instead of going into the saber struggle thingys (which i may add are really cool )

Anyway, think any of you smart guys out there could fill me in?

Thanks for any replys
- Dan

Dude, haha...I Rock!
jonesdaniel is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-13-2003, 04:19 PM   #2
Neverhoodian
If I may make a point...

Well, it's not so much blocking sabers as it is slashing and sidestepping in JO. However, I believe that certain stances are better for blocking than others. As long as you don't attack and your opponent doesn't use a strong swing, chances are you'll block it. It also depends where they swing, though. Try to keep your crosshair centered on them and it'll help to block them. Keep in mind though that there's some moves (backstab and overhead lunge) that are unblockable.
Neverhoodian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-13-2003, 07:22 PM   #3
TiBo
Rookie

Your defensive stance is just standing there and not attacking. And make sure you arent trying to block a red swing while in Blue Stance, it wont work. And you usually only go into a saber lock when you both swing your saber and they collide while in mid swing and you guys are in the same saber stance.
TiBo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-16-2003, 07:00 AM   #4
Shotokan

I just dodge their attacks... To me it's easier than standing around and waiting, or HOPING you'll block it.

Online name: _Leviathan_
Shotokan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-16-2003, 05:20 PM   #5
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Yeah, all blocking really is is "aiming" your crosshair at the person who's attacking whilst NOT swinging your ignited blade.

While Fast (blue) stance in 1.04 is usually knocked aside by Strong (red) swings, where Fast succeeds is in dodging their attack and getting a hit in before they can recover from their big windup and big recovery from the slow swings (example, use the Uppercut Lunge on somebody to catch them off guard, or the backstab).

It's *almost* like playing rock-paper-scissors: Red beats yellow, yellow beats blue, blue beats red. Not exactly, but you get the idea. ; )

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > Defending Against Sabers