lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Not Enough Customization for Full Version? Try these Cheats! (*SPOILERS*)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-11-2003, 11:49 PM   #361
starstorm97

I'm having a hard time getting the dismemberment thing working, I've tried the recent mod and nothing! I'm using XP. Can someone give me some assistance?
starstorm97 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-12-2003, 06:04 PM   #362
Kidso
Rookie

how do you pack the npc files back up to put them back in the assets1.pk3?

Last edited by Kidso; 10-12-2003 at 09:34 PM.
Kidso is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-12-2003, 08:25 PM   #363
Kidso
Rookie

I need to know how to edit the npc model files. I want to change some of there settings. How do I do this, how do I save them, it won't let me save the changes I make, the only way I can save is by saving to create a txt file, which does me no good, I need to know how to make a new npc file(with my settings) and then put it back into the assets1.pk3 so that when I load the game the npcs have my settings, like say aggresion 5 and saber color purple.
Kidso is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-12-2003, 09:01 PM   #364
Talmor
Lurker

starstorm97, look in your \Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData folder. Find Jasp.exe. Make a shortcut on your desktop of that. Then do a properties on the shortcut then add this to the target line +set g_sabermorerealistic 2 +devmapall +load quick +set g_sabermorerealistic Now start the game. When your in the game do a "quick save". Exit the game then restart it. Hope this helps
Talmor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-12-2003, 11:42 PM   #365
Lincoln
Rookie

I have a question.

I found the base file, so where do I put the skins, maps, and mods?

"Woah. Check it out."
Lincoln is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-13-2003, 12:19 AM   #366
IG-64

LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally posted by Kurgan
Another thread on the "little Jaden" thing using the Jawa model switch then back to player.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...postid=1335662
here
IG-64 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-13-2003, 03:38 AM   #367
Akshara

starstorm971...

Be sure that the +set g_sabermorerealistic 2 +devmapall +load quick +set g_sabermorerealistic text added in the shortcut is outside the quotation marks, so it looks like this...

"C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi >Academy\GameData\jasp.EXE" +set g_sabermorerealistic 2 +devmapall >+load quick +set g_sabermorerealistic 2

This only works on a loaded quicksave game, so start the game, immediately do a quick save, exit the game, and reload the quick save... I know it's a pain, but that's the way this one works. There a couple of other options listed much earlier in this thread though, having to do with editing the jaconfig.cfg file directly, or adding a custom autoexec.cfg file in the root directory.

Be Mindful of Your Thoughts...

-----

Online name: Zhen Jou
Akshara is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-13-2003, 05:23 AM   #368
Crow_Nest
Forum Spammer

Quote:
Originally posted by Lincoln
I have a question.

I found the base file, so where do I put the skins, maps, and mods?
just put the pk3 file in the base folder.

Xbox 360 Gamertag: cr0wnes7
Crow_Nest is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-13-2003, 07:12 AM   #369
IG-64

can someone give me a direct link to the 3 sabers trick???

[EDIT] and can anyone tell me what\where is this famous JA notepad file?
Old 10-13-2003, 03:28 PM   #370
starstorm971
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Akshara
starstorm971...

Be sure that the +set g_sabermorerealistic 2 +devmapall +load quick +set g_sabermorerealistic text added in the shortcut is outside the quotation marks, so it looks like this...

"C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi >Academy\GameData\jasp.EXE" +set g_sabermorerealistic 2 +devmapall >+load quick +set g_sabermorerealistic 2

This only works on a loaded quicksave game, so start the game, immediately do a quick save, exit the game, and reload the quick save... I know it's a pain, but that's the way this one works. There a couple of other options listed much earlier in this thread though, having to do with editing the jaconfig.cfg file directly, or adding a custom autoexec.cfg file in the root directory.
I would rather do the file editing than it only working on a Quick Save. Would the options work on all games saved? Such as Checkpoints? And tried it, and I'm still getting a Problem Box.

Last edited by starstorm971; 10-13-2003 at 04:00 PM.
starstorm971 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-13-2003, 05:49 PM   #371
Corsair13

Quote:
Does anyone know how to mix and match the models with the playermodel cheat, and get something like a zabrak female body with a human female head?
You can't. Reason being (using the human male as an example), the 3 heads, 4 legs, 6 torsos, are all lumped into a single model.glm file.

The .skin files turn on only the parts needed, selecting one head, one lower body and one torso, skinning with the appropriate textures.

To edit a NPC file, just open it with notepad, when you're done just save the file with the save command. If you use the save as command, you'll have to change the file type to all files.
Corsair13 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-13-2003, 06:02 PM   #372
ManaMana
Rookie

Can I save my former character so I can run around as a jawa in multiplayer when I'm bored, and when I like to be a little serious, I play as my old Jaden, any ideas?

We will remember you, when you are sand to!

I hate the world.

Lord ManaMana of the Jawas
(Also known as Mort Rouge)

Oh, and one thing remains... KUPPO!
ManaMana is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-13-2003, 08:46 PM   #373
killer173
Lurker

i get the same type of error and i have no idea how to fix it...the only thing i figured was to use the command prompt but its kinda tedious
killer173 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-13-2003, 09:43 PM   #374
KreepyKevin
Lurker

someone posted earlier asking if it was possible to have 2 colored staffs then everybody said it wasn't possible but i have found out how to do this for this to work you have to have a dual saber then in the console type in sabercolor 1 (insert color here) and you should have one blade being the color of choice and the other red this works in single player but i haven't tried multiplayer.
ill post a pic when i get a chance.

If all of your wishes are granted Many of your dreams will be destroyed.
KreepyKevin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-14-2003, 02:00 AM   #375
IG-64

actually, kreepykevin, i don' t think thats what thet were asking for coloring dual sabers is incredebly easy, just type sabercolor 1 (color) sabercolor 2 (color) and it will customize both colors, what they were asking for is two saber staffs . and a saber staff is this:

Last edited by IG-64; 10-15-2003 at 05:29 PM.
Old 10-14-2003, 02:06 AM   #376
IG-64

and can anyone reply to my post?

P.S. can anyone see the image in my sig? If not why?
Old 10-14-2003, 02:52 AM   #377
razorace
Impressive, Terran!

I will.

And, no, we can't. I don't think Lucasforums supports image banners.

---Jedi Guardian of the Newbie Questions
---Masters of the Force Team Leader / Creator
---Open Jedi Project Lead Moderator / Co-Founder
razorace is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-14-2003, 01:36 PM   #378
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Feels a little strange for me to be asking the questions for once... but does anybody know what file I need to edit to change Kyle (regular and boss)'s saber color in JA SP?

I know I can cheat, take over his body and manually change it, but I'd like to do it so it's always one color, including in cutscenes.

Any help would be appreciated. ; )

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-14-2003, 02:04 PM   #379
Tesla

Ok, Kurgan you need to Extract the Kyle.npc file and it should be a directory ext_data/npcs...

Open it with, Notepad and copy it since you can't edit it due to it being a Read Only file,

Now in Notepad, click New File and then paste all the stuff you copied, then look for a line that says saberColor and change it to what ever you want, Green, Red, Purple whatever,
If the line isn't there then add it in underneath the Saber line.

Then save it, when saving change the file type to All Files and save it as kyle_boss.npc

Now open Winzip and click New, then make sure the file type is all files and make a kyle_boss.pk3 then make sure the Include Subfolders is selected and then Add With Wildcards, using the Add with wildcards button.

Now put it into your base folder and hopefully it should change his saber color.

Kyle_Boss's Info is in the Kyle npc file as well

EDIT -

It works, though i couldn't remember any cutscenes with Kyle with his saber on, but when you use the Playermodel command or npc spawn his saber will be changed.

Oh and if you want to have him in his CTF skins, put underneath the playermodel line in the npc file,

customSkin red or blue

Now to see if it changed it in a cutscene....

Last edited by Tesla; 10-14-2003 at 02:38 PM.
Tesla is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-14-2003, 06:07 PM   #380
Darth Stryke

Actually, dont change kyles saber color the way telsa said. (Sorry telsa) You have to open the saber.sab file in the ext_data/sabers directory and change the Katarn saber colors there. THat will change it everywhere and is better than messing with a .npc file. Edit the sabers.sab file with notepad and just change the colors you want to change. Then, save it as sabers.sab (same filename as it was) and then zip it up into a .pk3 with the proper folder heirarchy.

EDIT: you can also modify other things using the .sab files. Read the options in the sabers.sab and its pretty cool. You can add parry/defense bonuses to each saber and change blade length, as well as the models, sounds, etc. of the saber. However, some npcs (like certain reborn) still have to have their saber colors changed in the npc file as well. Namely, the staff and dual saber users. Also note, certain npcs like rosh use the shadowtrooper saber. And the yoda saber, of course, isnt used and has no model.

"Never argue with a fool, for he could be doing the same."
Darth Stryke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-14-2003, 06:45 PM   #381
Tesla

Yeah thats another way you can do it, but i thought that he just wanted to edit the Kyle npc file.

You still have to load your edited sabers.sab in the proper directory into a pk3, extract it from the Assets1.pk3
Old 10-14-2003, 11:53 PM   #382
NVShacker

Quote:
Originally posted by ig64
I figured out something big! Just go to the MINI Jaden thread link above to see.

see the thing i found out!

What did your discovery have to do with animations.

You had me all excited darnit.

Cheers, NVShacker
NVShacker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-15-2003, 02:28 AM   #383
Tesla

Well Kurgan did it work ??

Now that i think about it changing the sabers.sab won't change the kyle npc, because the npc tells it give him kyle's hilt but a blue blade so the only way you can change his saber color is through the npc way i've described.
Old 10-15-2003, 03:10 AM   #384
DarthButt
Lurker

Does anyone know how do edit weapon strengths to make them stronger? Shem did this somehow in JO with his Ultimate MOD stuff. Not that I want to make the game easier but I mean really...how many times have you seen a Jedi slice someone in the gut and they keep shooting at you? Or a bad guy taking up to 5 deflected shots to the chest, head and neck area and just respond with a "uughh"? Any ideas?
DarthButt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-15-2003, 03:12 AM   #385
IG-64

Quote:
You had me all excited darnit.
well, i thought if gave you all animations because i was a small shadowtrooper, by the way of the jawa, and when my sabers off he does a funny little jawa walk..

and, its not a banner its a gif, i see them all the time and i think mine is too big

heres what it was if you can see it

Last edited by IG-64; 10-15-2003 at 04:38 AM.
Old 10-15-2003, 03:17 AM   #386
JediLurker

Quote:
Originally posted by DarthButt
Does anyone know how do edit weapon strengths to make them stronger? Shem did this somehow in JO with his Ultimate MOD stuff. Not that I want to make the game easier but I mean really...how many times have you seen a Jedi slice someone in the gut and they keep shooting at you? Or a bad guy taking up to 5 deflected shots to the chest, head and neck area and just respond with a "uughh"? Any ideas?
I was attempting to find this out myself a little while ago in order to regulate damage with full dismemberment enabled. Unfortunately, I think damage values are hard-coded. Which means we're out of luck without a console command, which SP doesn't have as far as I know.
JediLurker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-15-2003, 03:25 AM   #387
IG-64

darn it, oh well. i don't get it all my gifs are online with there own url..

anyways i found out another cool thing

how to throw a saber staff without mods or changing files, its quite simple actually:

bind key "saberattackcycle; +altattack; wait 2; -altattack; saber dual_5; sabercolor 1 color color"

include "s and ;s, words in italic may vary

bugs: saber will be turning on when you first throw it so it will make the "saber on" sound and be half size for a split second.
nothing too horrible
[EDIT] there are 2 known models that, for some wierd reason, don't work with this:
spoiler:
kyle_boss and Chewie

enjoy

P.S. i have a screenshot that i will show you next

Last edited by IG-64; 10-15-2003 at 09:01 AM.
Old 10-15-2003, 03:36 AM   #388
IG-64

OK, finally, heres a web page with me throwing a saber staff and my sig

saberstaff throw

sig

[EDIT] hey kurgan, how do i get an animated gif to show up on my sig???

Last edited by IG-64; 10-15-2003 at 09:10 AM.
Old 10-15-2003, 08:13 AM   #389
Kurgan
Headhunter

Sorry guys I didn't check the thread until now, and yes, that method sounds very logical, I'm going to give it a shot right now in fact.

Thanks for the help! Wish me luck... ; )

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Old 10-15-2003, 10:20 AM   #390
Crow_Nest
Forum Spammer

How did you throw the staff? I could only do it with a mod.

Old 10-15-2003, 10:25 AM   #391
IG-64

its in the post thats over the screenshot post
Old 10-15-2003, 11:12 AM   #392
Kurgan
Headhunter

Cool Guy

Okay, I went with the sabers.sab method and it worked like a charm!

Hooray! And thanks again....
Attached Images

Old 10-15-2003, 11:14 AM   #393
Kurgan
Headhunter

About the sig thing, I don't know what the problem is. I'm using Opera 6, but when I view your posts I don't see anything usually (no animations) unless I click on them or reload the page a few times then they appear.

So not sure what's up with that. Loopy server you're using maybe?

I have seen people with animated smilies in their sigs, so it *should* be working... unless sig images are disabled.

Old 10-15-2003, 12:07 PM   #394
IG-64

did you try my staff throw yet?
Old 10-15-2003, 04:27 PM   #395
Tesla

Kurgan, whats that Skin Kyle is wearing ??
Where can i get it ??

Must...have better Kyke Skin for SP
Old 10-16-2003, 01:55 AM   #396
BMA77
Lurker

i know this question is way off topic, and i apologize. however i am super frusterated and i need help fast and most people post here so bear with me. i was interested in opening one of the pk3 files, namely a skin maul, to see what it contained. i used notepad. now all my pk3 files are in notpad form and not pk3 form. how can i change them back so i can get my game running again. your help is appreciated. thanks.
BMA77 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-16-2003, 02:12 AM   #397
BMA77
Lurker

ok i figured it out. pain in the a@@! thanks anyway!
BMA77 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-16-2003, 02:15 AM   #398
Kurgan
Headhunter

Right click while holding shift and you'll see an "Open with" or "open as" option in the menu. Click on that then select winzip as the program (might need to browse for the exe of winzip) and then check the box that says "always open with this program" or whatever and click apply/okay.

That should fix it.

Oops, see you got it, and you beat me! ; )

Btw, I discovered that you could change your player "tint" using the saber_char_<blue/green/red> <# 0-255> commands in Siege, for the "generic Jedi" characters. Mostly affects Korriban but the "light" Jedi class on all the maps. It helps to tell players apart a little bit easier.

Old 10-16-2003, 02:27 AM   #399
Kurgan
Headhunter

Tesla:

http://smrti.xwlegacy.net/

Download and install the mercenary 2 pack mod (it's for JK2 but works well in JA). The only thing is, don't use it in multiplayer, I've had it crash my game that way, but for single player, it works great!

Old 10-16-2003, 05:12 AM   #400
Crow_Nest
Forum Spammer

The merc skin was cooL!

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Academy > Not Enough Customization for Full Version? Try these Cheats! (*SPOILERS*)