lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Not Enough Customization for Full Version? Try these Cheats! (*SPOILERS*)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-02-2003, 01:11 AM   #561
Arjuna
Lurker

the console command for changing head/torso/lower skins (thereby somehow finding the hoth skins) is this:

playermodel jedi_xx head_a1 torso_a1 lower_a1

where the xx part of jedi_xx is:

hm =human male
hf =human female
rm =rodian male
kdm =kel dorian male
zf =zabrak female
tf =twilek female

the hoth skins are not head_a1 torso_a1 lower_a1, they are something else. In fact they may even be in another player folder altogether so I honestly don't know.
just download the mod, gdamit... but if youre really stubborn they you will be willing to do the work yourself, so here, do this:

rename assets1.pk3 to assets1.zip, explore the file:

go to:

models/players

look in any of the jedi_xx folders, and you will probably find the hoth skins. Although, I remember them being in a folder called jedi_hoth. In that case I honestly have no idea how you would do that, but just download the mod.... so much easier...

And I'm OUT THIS MUFUGGA!
Arjuna is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-02-2003, 02:58 AM   #562
Crow_Nest
Forum Spammer

Quote:
Originally posted by Kurgan
You say you "looked everywhere" and "couldn't find it"... but did you honestly read all 14 pages of this thread?

Because if you didn't.... ; )
Normally if a thread has 4 pages or more, i wont read all of them.... It will take forever!

Xbox 360 Gamertag: cr0wnes7
Crow_Nest is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-02-2003, 07:30 AM   #563
psycore
Rookie

Quote:
You say you "looked everywhere" and "couldn't find it"... but did you honestly read all 14 pages of this thread?

Because if you didn't.... ; )

no comments....

btw on page 2 changkhan posted some commands but these are the regular which i can change via menue also, for me useless....

ok so youre posts dont seem to be very welcome but ty for your patience i will not bother u again

*looks for another forum*
psycore is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-03-2003, 05:50 PM   #564
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Wink No offense intended of course!

Well the thread is long, but you guys realize every time you post asking what's on the first few pages you just make the thread even longer and harder to read through right?

Heh.. it never ends. =)

Be my guest, but it really doesn't take that much to sort through those pages to find what you're looking for....

Unless you're a slow reader. But you only need to read it once, then you can "keep up" if there's one new post a week or something.

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-03-2003, 09:18 PM   #565
Elliot334

Quote:
Originally posted by |GG|Crow_Nest
But i will always see that annoying blue colored lines and the screen will be very dark.
type in "playermodel dessan" or edit player.npc and add a "class dessan" attribute to keep your custom jedi model...
Elliot334 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-04-2003, 12:47 AM   #566
kevin42786
Lurker

Re: Disemberment

Quote:
Originally posted by MajikTiger
Hey, I've been reading all these cheats and great work guys, there sure are a lot of cheats!

Anyway I think this has been mentioned before but I got the g_sabermorerealistic thing working with the patch but, it seems it doesn't work if I load a quicksave; only when I load a new level. When it does work it seems to like to switch on and off randomly throughout the level. Hmmm. Has anyone else had this?

By the way I used the method of putting it in the command line for the shortcut, which seems to be the best way.

I know exactly what you are talking about. The dismemberment will work for one person then not work again for several more. I love the dismemberment in Jedi Outcast, so if anyone knows how to get the cheat to work all the time please let me know.

kevin42786 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-04-2003, 01:42 AM   #567
razorace
Impressive, Terran!

Use an altered menu. One will be included in the next Basic/Enhanced version of OJP.

---Jedi Guardian of the Newbie Questions
---Masters of the Force Team Leader / Creator
---Open Jedi Project Lead Moderator / Co-Founder
razorace is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-06-2003, 07:32 AM   #568
SeanVHCS
Lurker

RE: Dismemberment

Hey all!

Just a quick little one, anyone else noticed the new cvar g_sabermrealisticcombat (extra m) in the new patch? All this talk about getting dismemberment to work might be related? (Mine is set to 2 while using the other cvars, I didn't personally edit this one).

I use shortcut as "C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\jasp.exe" +set helpusobi 1 +set sabermorerealistic 2 +set g_sabermrealisticcombat 2 +set g_saberMoreRealistic 2 +load quick and autoexec.cfg as
set g_saberMoreRealistic "3"
set g_dismemberProbabilities "100"
set g_dismember "3"

This works for me now, but it didn't for a while. Strange...

Anyway, it would probably interest those who like a nice pile of offal to investigate the relationship between the other cvars and this new one, then someone may finally solve the mystery of the ever changing chopper!
SeanVHCS is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-06-2003, 07:38 AM   #569
SeanVHCS
Lurker

Erm I said I hadn't personally edited "g_sabermrealisticcombat 2" then realised it's in my shortcut.... oh well
Perhaps that's why it works for me then?
SeanVHCS is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-06-2003, 07:59 PM   #570
Kurgan
Headhunter

Angry

Hmm.. I've been having trouble getting dismemberment to work consistently in JA SP since the 1.01 patch.

I mean usually it only works one ME (enemies can slice me to bits) or purely at random (rarely a guy will get cut up, but most of the time nothing).

I tried your method and it didn't work for me (and I'm even using Win98se).

It IS interesting that you found g_sabermrealisticcombat cvar.

It's NOT write protected.. I wonder what it does?

Here's another command:

g_dismemberment

It's set to 113811381138 in my config file!

But I still don't see dismemberment. ; p

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Old 12-07-2003, 01:42 AM   #571
Crow_Nest
Forum Spammer

Strange kurg, it works for me. in both SP and MP. And im not using any dismember mods.

Make sure that the option "model dismemberent" is on, this cheat is abit tricky to keep trying!

Old 12-07-2003, 01:58 AM   #572
razorace
Impressive, Terran!

Are you refering to g_saberrealisticcombat for SP or MP? I've only found it in MP and from what I've seen of the code, it just boosts the saber damage.

Old 12-08-2003, 04:00 AM   #573
Kurgan
Headhunter

For me g_saberrealisticcombat does nothing for me. I have only tried it in SP.

I have tried removing my mods and putting all manner of stuff in the command line but I always result in the same thing:

Super damage sabers that may or may not kill on idle contact, but that rarely if ever dismember, however the player ususally gets dismembered by enemies.

Old 12-09-2003, 06:51 AM   #574
Peter Sanderson
Lurker

Bryar, Tusken Rifle, Tusken staff?? HOW??

I'm still unclear as to how to get these in SP games...

Will the presence of mods or the patch make it impossible - IOW to see them do I need a reinstalled game without the patch?

One thread recommends "holstering" your weapon then entering

give weapon_bryar_pistol

On doing this the icon for the pistol appears briefly on the right but i have no weapon

For tusken rifle, no icon but an audible weapon arming click.... but no weapon

Any help appreciated

Peter
Peter Sanderson is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-11-2003, 11:02 PM   #575
jangofett804
Rookie

type in give all, switch to the weapon where there basically there is no weapon (i think the default key is +) and then type in give all again. now, type in the bryar pistol code and it should work.

you can also use :

give weapon_scepter
give weapon_tusken_rifle
give weapon_tusken_staff (i have yet to find a way to get this to actuall do damage)
jangofett804 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-12-2003, 06:52 AM   #576
Peter Sanderson
Lurker

No dice - thanks for trying... maybe this no longer works in the patched version??

Followed instructions to the letter... cheats are on (helpusobi 1)

but no avail... I hear the click in the case of the staff or rifle (I am in 3rd person view and have tried in 1st person) of a weapon being picked up... the bryar shows the bryar icon on the right highlighted in gold for a second but no weapon appears either in first or third.

Bupkiss

/me sad
Peter Sanderson is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-13-2003, 08:17 PM   #577
jangofett804
Rookie

hmmm... not sure why it isnt working for you. Maybe you are right and it doesnt work in the patch, ill have to try it
jangofett804 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-17-2003, 03:57 AM   #578
Kurgan
Headhunter

I've gotten the Gaffi Stick, Tusken Rifle and Noghri stick to work in JA 1.01.

However, it's been awhile and I forgot the exact procedure to do it.

There's some serious problems of course. If you choose the weapon then switch away from it, you can't get it again, even if you type in the command again (at least I couldn't).

The Gaffi stick is cool, but I swing it and swing it and it doesn't register any hits on enemies.

The Noghri stick can't be fired. I hit the attack button and the game immediately freezes and crashes back to the desktop.

Oh well... maybe the mod-makers can iron out these bugs and put them into something...

Old 12-17-2003, 09:28 AM   #579
Crow_Nest
Forum Spammer

Whats a Gaffi stick? And how do i get it?

Old 12-17-2003, 05:17 PM   #580
Pnut_Man
Existential to the Core

To answer your question:

A gaffi stick is the weapon commonly used by Tusken Raiders aka Sand People. I believe you can use it by doing the: 'playermodel tusken' command through the console in SP.

- Formally hated, praised, and known as Pnut_Man
Pnut_Man is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-17-2003, 08:54 PM   #581
AIVAS

Noclip saber of death

I found a neat bug i like to call Noclip saber of death, it can only be acsessed with CHEATS ON so I hope it does NOT get removed in a future patch, if you have duel sabers bind a key to noclip, then press the attack button, while attaking on the first swing press the noclip key, you should be frozen with your sabers behind you and if they are nor, turn off noclip and try again, once they are your sabers will sometimes cause damage similar to a strong version of idle saber I have outflown and killed ships with only a lightsaber this way NOTE! you have to be still when swinging or it will do the wrong kind of swing causing the sabers to do no damage.
AIVAS is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-23-2003, 10:10 AM   #582
Darth Vitruvio

Question Jedi Throw...

Yesterday I came across a peculiar move while in the "Old Folk's Home@BWN" server. A guy asked me if he could experiment with something and, when I let him, he performed the Jedi Throw attack on me. I was tossed right off Hoth Canyon. He told me the command was "debugthrow" and that it needed to be bound. Now whenever I go to that particular server I'm able to toss people around provided that they're standing still. The thing is that I don't know how to enable it in my own hosted games. I'm wondering if cheats need to be enabled in multiplayer to be able to perform it. I remember before that this particular move was mentioned on this message board but I'm unsure where to find it. If anybody can tell me how to enable it on my hosted games, I'd appreciate it very much. Thank you.

-Vitruvio
Darth Vitruvio is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2003, 06:29 AM   #583
c0nfusedelf
Lurker

Quick thingamy on dismemberment

Sorry to do a little backtracking, heh.

I had a little hypothesis developing in the back of my addled brain while i was playing through JA. Dismemberment seems to work only on specific bad dudes. The single saber yellow guys (ya know, the ones that die when you breath on them), the staff dudes, and maybe one or two others. Once or twice the dismemberment didn't work on the few that seemed consistent enough. SO i was thinking..yeah, okay, blahblahblah-long-story-slightly-longer:

Is it possible that, in SP at least, dismemberment only works on "unmodified" npcs? Just something that popped into my head, thought i'd ask you guys. Like, when they placed NPCs, if they modified them or made different versions later for gameplay/balance reasons on a stage, they might not be affected, or at least, affected as much as some people kinda pasted on there?

Of course, this is still kinda sketchy, fuzzy logic. So, if anyone knows better, please feel free to shut me down, flame, and come to my house and kill me.
c0nfusedelf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-27-2003, 04:59 AM   #584
IG-64

LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
wow, i haven't posted i nthis thread in forever and I still have 3rd place on posting

anyways, found anything intresting lately?
IG-64 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-29-2003, 09:46 PM   #585
Darklord44
Lurker

Question 3+ blades on double bladed lightsaber/staff???(.sab file)

I have modified the dual_5.sab file to use 3 blades. However, when I try to use it I find that "blade 1" (the blade on the "left/top" side) directly overlaps "blade 3". I need either a line to add to the .sab file, OR a console command; that goes something like: "blade3angle 90" or "bladeangle 3 90" which I tried. Please help!!!!!!
Darklord44 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-30-2003, 03:42 AM   #586
razorace
Impressive, Terran!

You have to add tag surfaces to the hilt to fix the problem.

Old 02-02-2004, 12:46 PM   #587
Bishuse
Rookie

Kicking with Single Saber

First of all, I am using JA 1.0.1 (patched)

i was playing around with the asset1.pk3 in the ex_data folder.

under Sabers...

if you take a look at the dual_x sabers, they have a:
"throwable 0"

take that and put it in a single_x saber, (you can custom and tailor that saber to your particular needs)

...and you get a kick!

so pretty much the game figures, if you can't throw the saber, you will be able to kick with it.

unfortunately, even if you can kick, its usefulness is significantly hampered when you're facing 3 to 4 Reborns in later levels of JA.

you can kick in any direction, but this kick will not be as versatile as the saber staff where there are spinning kicks and split kicks depending on character position relative to the enemy.

people who have experience with using zip archives can try this little curiousity out.

blah
Bishuse is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-03-2004, 06:46 AM   #588
Crow_Nest
Forum Spammer

Intersting, thanks for the info.

Old 02-03-2004, 02:32 PM   #589
Bishuse
Rookie

fun with devmelee 1

i've been playing around with the melee "weapon 14"

i found a couple of combos that are pretty interesting.

1) Forward+AltAttack + Attack
makes Jaden grab the perp by the head, knee him in the face, grab his leg, and bash him around on the ground (most damage)

2) Backward+AltattackAttack
makes Jaden put the perp in a strangle hold, throw him to the ground, and toss him like a cat (fair damage)

3) AltAttack+Attack
Jaden does two hits below the belt, followed by a right hook that sends the perp flying. (least damage)

AltAttack+any direction just kicks.

however, it would be nice if you can set one of those previous 3 motions to replace ones for the saber staff. must be doable, but the code in assets1.pk3 i'm hazy with.

if anyone else know of any more combos wish fists, please let me know. thanks.

blah
Old 02-03-2004, 07:22 PM   #590
Bishuse
Rookie

Killing Boba Fett

also, in previous pages, I've read about people trying to kill Boba Fett that they spawned - without luck.

i have a solution: spawn a sand_creature. with luck, when boba tries to pursue you on foot, he will meet an untimely and ravenous end. (this seems to be the only way to kill him other than "npc kill all" command)

also, its interesting to note that the sand creature will pretty much take out anything - even a mutated rancor, as the little worm carries the behemoth down 60 feet under.

enjoy

blah
Old 02-13-2004, 01:28 AM   #591
Kurgan
Headhunter

Interesting. It's too bad they didn't make Fett killable. I haven't tried the sandcreature idea though... good one. ; )

Old 02-14-2004, 02:23 PM   #592
[FotF]Legolas
Lurker

hi, i was wandering if there was a invisable model already in the game tht u just have to put in a comand for.

thanx,
legolas
[FotF]Legolas is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-15-2004, 12:08 PM   #593
Destroyder121

Chang is it possible to get Custom NPC's and Already NPC's ingame, in multiplayer to move around the level. That feature existed in JO that the NPC stormtroopers moved around and patrolled some areas regurarly, why was this removed in JA? It was neat to play like that there was NPC's in level that spoke and seemed to interact(take cover and stuff), while the bots didn't. The Stormtroopers and most npc's dont chase in mp maps either, i seen only Rancor, Wampa, Probedroid have this behauvior. Stormtroopers just sit there and stay on their spot, dont even move if they see enemy go around corner. Also, if possible could Raven in next patch include ability to choose sabers sound between normal and sith saber one, cause im kinda darkside preffering in MP but its not coolt aht i got red saber and stuff but i dont have sith sabers sound. Would be cool if ya would implement that players can also choose normal or sith saber sound. cause saber sith saber doesnt work in mp even a got cheats on, unless ya get JA+. And i dont wanna play alone with bots just to get Sith Saber sounds..
Destroyder121 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-17-2004, 02:03 AM   #594
HWOE_Marti@n
Lurker

I wonder if it is posible to "Mix n Match" the head\torso\legs of different races.....

eg.... head of a rodian male, body of human female and legs of kel dor Male

Or is this too disturbing
HWOE_Marti@n is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-17-2004, 01:35 PM   #595
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally posted by HWOE_Marti@n
I wonder if it is posible to "Mix n Match" the head\torso\legs of different races.....

eg.... head of a rodian male, body of human female and legs of kel dor Male
That is not possible because the models (not the textures) are one entity. The parts than change when selecting different clothing and so on are surfaces of the model that are turned on or off. To do what you are suggesting you would need to make a model that incorporates all the different options.

It can be done, but it would be an extreme amount of work.
Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-18-2004, 04:03 PM   #596
sup3rsnail
Rookie

Ah, Since I haven't played JA in ages...I've decided to start playing again. It's great as usual!
But, It seems that devmapall isn't activating cheats?
What's the cmd for activating cheats again?
sup3rsnail is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-18-2004, 05:06 PM   #597
Bishuse
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by sup3rsnail
Ah, Since I haven't played JA in ages...I've decided to start playing again. It's great as usual!
But, It seems that devmapall isn't activating cheats?
What's the cmd for activating cheats again?

helpusobi 1 ?

blah
Old 02-18-2004, 05:32 PM   #598
sup3rsnail
Rookie

Ah yeah.
Durr.
Ty.
sup3rsnail is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-18-2004, 10:00 PM   #599
Kurgan
Headhunter

Quote:
hi, i was wandering if there was a invisable model already in the game tht u just have to put in a comand for.
Sorry man that exploit was removed from the game long ago.

I'm sure you can download an "invisible model" if you really want to, but it will be useless for cheating since people have to have it to see it (otherwise you'll just appear as Kyle to them).

Old 02-19-2004, 11:38 AM   #600
[FotF]Legolas
Lurker

Quote:
Sorry man that exploit was removed from the game long ago.

I'm sure you can download an "invisible model" if you really want to, but it will be useless for cheating since people have to have it to see it (otherwise you'll just appear as Kyle to them).
thanx Kurgan. and just for the record i wdident wat to cheat with it i wanted to make a demo with it u know my name is legolas so i am a lotr freak nd i wanted to make a demo of gollum then switching to the ring lol or anyother small model.
thanx again.

-Legolas
[FotF]Legolas is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Academy > Not Enough Customization for Full Version? Try these Cheats! (*SPOILERS*)