lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Not Enough Customization for Full Version? Try these Cheats! (*SPOILERS*)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-27-2004, 08:33 PM   #641
Lei Hng Wei
Rookie

Cleaner screenshots

In MP what's the code to hide the who-killed-who display in the top left corner during a screenshot?
Lei Hng Wei is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-28-2004, 08:28 PM   #642
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
I believe you just add the word "silent" (no quotes) after the rest when you're binding a screenshot key.

Like so:

bind F12 screenshot silent

I think that's right...

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-28-2004, 09:40 PM   #643
Lei Hng Wei
Rookie

Nope, already have it in but doesn't work for what I want. HUD, crosshairs, wrote screenshot#.jpg, everything but the who-sabered-who is hidden. Notice the second pict.

bind <key> "cg_draw2d 0; wait 2; screenshot silent; wait 2; cg_draw2d 1"

Last edited by Lei Hng Wei; 02-24-2006 at 01:45 AM.
Old 05-01-2004, 08:04 PM   #644
TheMonsterOfTheIsland
Rookie

moves+mods

Could someone please tell me how to:

a. do Alora's double-saber-throw thingy
b. use the scepter moves (not the super-powerful disrupter but Tavion's beam attack and the hammer-smash move)
c. use both the saber throw and the kick attack. I think I remember someone figuring out how to kick with any style, but is there a way to have both the saber throw and the kick?

If there are no cheats for these, does anyone know of a mod that will let me do these things? Any help would be appreciated.
TheMonsterOfTheIsland is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-02-2004, 10:11 PM   #645
Kurgan
Headhunter

Arrow Re: moves+mods

Quote:
Originally posted by Reggie333
Could someone please tell me how to:

a. do Alora's double-saber-throw thingy
b. use the scepter moves (not the super-powerful disrupter but Tavion's beam attack and the hammer-smash move)
c. use both the saber throw and the kick attack. I think I remember someone figuring out how to kick with any style, but is there a way to have both the saber throw and the kick?

If there are no cheats for these, does anyone know of a mod that will let me do these things? Any help would be appreciated.
A: There's a mod that replaces the Saber Barrier (in MP) with Alora's move. It's available from Pcgamemods.com. Forget the name, but I think it might be called "Alternate Dual Saber Kata" or something like that.

B: Sceptor moves, your guess is as good as mine. It's all cheat related for SP, so just mess around I guess. It's quite possible however that the moves you see the boss do are not usable by humans except with mods. I guess try doing saber special move and kata/twirl combinations and see if it makes the Sceptor do anything. Otherwise search pcgamemods.com for a mod that does these. I'm sure there is one out there...

C: It's simply not possible to kick with any style. Not in MP anyway. In SP, if you enable g_debugmelee 1 in the console you can do JK2 style "flip kicks" (remember, this is in SP ONLY). Double tap jump (with at least level 2 Force Jump) while pressing in on enemy body.

If you mean Staff Style kicks, the answer is definately no. You can do staff style kicks with Melee (fists) if g_debugmelee 1 is on (in both MP and SP) but you can't do them with dual or single sabers or if one blade of your staff is turned off.

There may be mods that do this, but again you'd have to search around. I don't know off hand.

Basically search pcgamemods.com, massassi.net and lucasfiles.com, and you'll probably find something akin to what you want.

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Old 05-03-2004, 12:38 AM   #646
Lei Hng Wei
Rookie

Re: Re: moves+mods

Quote:
Originally posted by Kurgan
A: There's a mod that replaces the Saber Barrier (in MP) with Alora's move. It's available from Pcgamemods.com. Forget the name, but I think it might be called "Alternate Dual Saber Kata" or something like that.
The mod is made by Keshire, so search by author and it'll be found faster. There are two of them, one for Alora's move and the other adds a new saber stance too.
Old 05-03-2004, 05:44 PM   #647
TheMonsterOfTheIsland
Rookie

kicking with other sabers

On the fourth post of the 15th page of this thread, there are instructions on how to replace the saber throw with a kick. Is there any way that you can both throw your saber AND kick with any saber type?
TheMonsterOfTheIsland is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-04-2004, 03:37 AM   #648
Crow_Nest
Forum Spammer

Re: kicking with other sabers

Quote:
Originally posted by Reggie333
On the fourth post of the 15th page of this thread, there are instructions on how to replace the saber throw with a kick. Is there any way that you can both throw your saber AND kick with any saber type?
Nopes, you can throw a staff, just switch to yellow throw and press 1. Or switch to staff and press 1 and quickly throw, but the 2nd blade will turn off after while.

Xbox 360 Gamertag: cr0wnes7
Crow_Nest is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-23-2004, 06:12 PM   #649
Kurgan
Headhunter

Thumbs up

Info on using First Person View with vehicles in MP!

Thanks for the info Crow_nest ; )

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...hreadid=128753

Also I got the "staff backslash" to work, quickly turn one blade back on, but it isn't really that big a difference.

You can also do the "two handed backslash" with this (crouch+back and attack instead of just back with attack).

The "Dual Lunge" with both sabers out works though the timing is tricky (again, do the Lunge and turn the second blade back on). It's more useful though. Thanks to Lathain Valtiel for that one!

As far as the Staff throw (in multiplayer) I have yet to get it to work, but I'll keep trying...

Old 06-04-2004, 11:46 PM   #650
studman0201

to get pickupable sabers you must create a shortcut and for the target after the last quote put

+set g_saberpickuppabledroppedsabers 1

Use the farce, Luke
studman0201 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-07-2004, 09:30 AM   #651
Ambu Fett
Lurker

Is it possible to change the wheather (to make it rain or something)?
And can I span mulitplayer models I have downloaded (with the personality of an existing model)? For example spawn a clonetrooper that has the stormtrooper's abilities and character.
Or do I have to edit a file for that?

Thanks for the answers .

EDIT: Ignore the weather question, I've already found out .

Last edited by Ambu Fett; 06-07-2004 at 10:25 AM.
Ambu Fett is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2004, 08:16 AM   #652
Crow_Nest
Forum Spammer

Quote:
Originally posted by Ambu Fett
And can I span mulitplayer models I have downloaded (with the personality of an existing model)? For example spawn a clonetrooper that has the stormtrooper's abilities and character.
Or do I have to edit a file for that?
Yes you can do that, but you'll need to edit the stormtrooper's NPC file which is located in the assets1.pk3 in the ext_data/npcs folder.

I think theres an old tutorial thread here, use the search to look for it.

Old 07-15-2004, 08:04 PM   #653
Spiderman
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by phury
i think that "helpusobi 1" is the actual cheat code
so it enabels the cheats

but devmapall, puts the map into development mode, and so all the cosole commands work

dont quote me on that one
lol
Spiderman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-15-2004, 08:15 PM   #654
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

You do know that you've risen a year-old thread from the dead, don't you?
TK-8252 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-15-2004, 09:29 PM   #655
Neverhoodian
If I may make a point...

Well, it's better than starting a new thread in some ways. For one thing, it eliminates the need to re-state things that have already been said, as they're in plain sight once again. Another bonus is that I get to take a trip down memory lane reading one of my first posts. (I miss those days, back when you used to say more in your posts, TK)

But most important of all, it eliminates the need for Amidala to use her infamous thread-searching skills to remind the person that the subject's been talked about before.

Dark Forces Total Conversion-http://darkforces.jediknight.net
Relive the classic that started it all!
Open Jedi Project-http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisp...s=&forumid=542
Working to expand the JA experience!
Neverhoodian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-15-2004, 09:32 PM   #656
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

He resurrected a thread to say the following:

lol

I sure hope that someone wouldn't create a new thread just to say that.
TK-8252 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-16-2004, 02:22 AM   #657
Crow_Nest
Forum Spammer

Quote:
Originally posted by TK-8252
He resurrected a thread to say the following:

lol

I sure hope that someone wouldn't create a new thread just to say that.
Not just the "lol. The post that he quoted wasnt even funny at all...

Old 07-16-2004, 04:12 PM   #658
Neverhoodian
If I may make a point...

Good point. Wasn't exactly a paragon of a post.

Dark Forces Total Conversion-http://darkforces.jediknight.net
Relive the classic that started it all!
Open Jedi Project-http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisp...s=&forumid=542
Working to expand the JA experience!
Neverhoodian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-17-2004, 07:50 AM   #659
Kurgan
Headhunter

Okayyyy..

Here and I thought somebody was going to whine about how long the Not Enough Customization thread was again and not solve the problem by reposting all the same material (essentially re-creating the same thread, with the same "it's too long to read" problem).

Heh. Skin, where are you??? Stop all that political nonesense and get your PDF updated! ; )

The amount of material in there hasn't increased much in the last few months.

Old 07-20-2004, 08:33 PM   #660
manoman81
Forumite

OK, so i was looking through this thread (clicky) and TK42235 posted this sight. I came across a new command that I haven't seen before to play music: Play indicated song playsong <song name>. Has anyone tried this? I'm going to give it a try after I find the names of the songs in the game. Just wondering if it actually works or not... Here's the site again

Edit: Well, the playsong cmd didn't work. But the music <songname (ie. hoth2)> does.

This is just my opinion....

Last edited by manoman81; 07-20-2004 at 09:10 PM.
manoman81 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-12-2004, 04:38 AM   #661
Kodi
Lurker

I don't think it was posted before, about throwing the dual saber without any mods.. you can keep it in air when you press the key you binded, and then keep altattack key pressed i mean, i have the throw binded to "o" so i tap "o" and then i keep right mouse button pressed.
Kodi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-23-2004, 01:35 PM   #662
Blue Halo
Lurker

Is There any way that i can 'mix' skins, i want my rodian to have the rebornmaster torso and legs they look soo cool thanks,
Blue Halo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-24-2004, 06:27 PM   #663
Kurgan
Headhunter

You'll need to do some skin editing for that...

Old 08-24-2004, 06:32 PM   #664
Kurgan
Headhunter

Re: Re: moves+mods

Quote:
Originally posted by Kurgan
C: It's simply not possible to kick with any style. Not in MP anyway. In SP, if you enable g_debugmelee 1 in the console you can do JK2 style "flip kicks" (remember, this is in SP ONLY). Double tap jump (with at least level 2 Force Jump) while pressing in on enemy body.

If you mean Staff Style kicks, the answer is definately no. You can do staff style kicks with Melee (fists) if g_debugmelee 1 is on (in both MP and SP) but you can't do them with dual or single sabers or if one blade of your staff is turned off.
I'd like to amend this statement by saying that it IS possible (in SP at least) to use kicks with another style without mods.

This is one of the "reborn style" stances you get with using cheats. The same cheat that gives you Tavion and Desann's stances also gives you a "reborn stance" (as it's commonly called) which is essentially identical to the Staff stance, except that you have a single bladed saber held like a staff (you'll understand when you see it). During this stance, you can do staff style kicks, because it's identical to staff stance in every way, except one blade is turned off (since you're not using a staff).

Old 08-25-2004, 03:14 PM   #665
Doomie
Do the Black Mage!

Alright, i guess this is the right place to post this... unless there's a way to quickly and effortlessly search trough sixteen pages, i'd like to ask if anyone still knows how to get the Debug melee cheat working. Something about Debug_nelee 1 and then Give weapon X or something...
Doomie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-26-2004, 09:42 AM   #666
Spoco
Lurker

Cool Guy errr...

Since i've completed the game i wanted to have some fun with the powers so i decided to start the game all over again but this time with cheats. I completed the first level and then when i got to the "force upgrade" screen i ofcourse had all my powers full so i can't go next. It's just frustrating to just use console and start the game manually so i wonder if there's any way to skip that screen. Ofcourse it would be nice if you would post the maplist with the actual map names instead of just the filenames.
Also i gotta try this time to kill Rosh instead of saving him. :>

Thanks..

typax@hotmail.com @ MSN Messenger

#sk8park @ QuakeNet
Spoco is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-26-2004, 09:52 AM   #667
MoldyPorridge
Lurker

Whew! Starting the entire thing over. I think I will do it for my third time now.

"I am lallalllalallaa"
MoldyPorridge is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-26-2004, 11:45 AM   #668
Lei Hng Wei
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Doomgiver
...i'd like to ask if anyone still knows how to get the Debug melee cheat working. Something about Debug_nelee 1 and then Give weapon X or something...
bind = "helpusobi 1; g_debugmelee 1; give weaponnum 14; give ammo; weapon 14"
Old 08-27-2004, 07:55 PM   #669
narfblat
Forumite

To doomgiver: Here's the cheat for melee mode IKNOWKUNGFU (this cheat also gives all force powers, so use Lei's if you want just melee)

To spoco: try cheating to set one power while at that screen.

I support "No Child Left Standing"

I have Attention Surplus Disorder.
narfblat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-28-2004, 04:34 PM   #670
Kurgan
Headhunter

Quote:
Originally posted by Doomgiver
Alright, i guess this is the right place to post this... unless there's a way to quickly and effortlessly search trough sixteen pages, i'd like to ask if anyone still knows how to get the Debug melee cheat working. Something about Debug_nelee 1 and then Give weapon X or something...
These forums DO have a working Search Function. Try it. I'm not sure if you can aim it just at this forum, but it's worth a try. Debugmelee is covered numerous times in both this thread and elsewhere, so I won't bother going over it again.

Old 08-29-2004, 10:35 AM   #671
Spoco
Lurker

Quote:
Originally posted by narfblat
To spoco: try cheating to set one power while at that screen.
Actually I tried that but it didn't work. The screen should be reloaded somehow..

typax@hotmail.com @ MSN Messenger

#sk8park @ QuakeNet
Spoco is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-30-2004, 01:19 PM   #672
manoman81
Forumite

Re: errr...

Quote:
Originally posted by Spoco
Since i've completed the game i wanted to have some fun with the powers so i decided to start the game all over again but this time with cheats. I completed the first level and then when i got to the "force upgrade" screen i ofcourse had all my powers full so i can't go next. It's just frustrating to just use console and start the game manually so i wonder if there's any way to skip that screen. Ofcourse it would be nice if you would post the maplist with the actual map names instead of just the filenames.
Also i gotta try this time to kill Rosh instead of saving him. :>

Thanks..
Before the level ends, use setforceall 1. Before the patch came out, you could adjust your force powers at that screen. At least now I can't do that anymore. I would bind setforceall 1 to a key so you can use it on the fly.

This is just my opinion....
manoman81 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-05-2004, 01:38 AM   #673
shee3020
Lurker

NOT A CHEAT

this isnt a cheat, but it is a way to get 2 kyles on the vjun level. after you jump up out of the garbage pit and find kyle, look for a slashed vent in the ceiling; this is where kyle came in. Notice that he is with you before you jump into the vent. When in the vent, walk along the corridor to see kyle still trying to jump up and find you.
shee3020 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-10-2004, 10:48 PM   #674
Ren
Lurker

Hey I just tried to change my characters clothes in SP. I am playing JKA with the 1.01 patch.

typing uimenu charactermenu in the command line doesnt work I get a warning and then it says cannot find "charactermenu"

I then tried the playermodel method and that worked but I get no textures when changing the characters clothes that way. Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated.
Ren is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-11-2004, 07:31 AM   #675
Lei Hng Wei
Rookie

playermodel jedi_xx head_a1 torso_a1 lower_a1

where the xx part of jedi_xx is:

hm = human male
hf = human female
rm = rodian male
kdm = kel dorian male
zf = zabrak female
tf = twilek female

MODEL:
jedi_hf
HEAD:
head_a1
head_b1
head_c1
TORSO:
torso_a1
torso_b1
torso_c1
torso_d1
torso_e1
torso_f1
torso_g1
LEGS:
lower_a1
lower_b1
lower_c1
lower_d1
lower_e1

MODEL:
jedi_hm
HEAD:
head_a1
head_a2
head_b1
head_b2
head_c1
TORSO:
torso_a1
torso_b1
torso_c1
torso_d1
torso_d2
torso_e1
torso_f1
torso_g1
LEGS:
lower_a1
lower_b1
lower_c1
lower_d1
lower_e1

MODEL:
jedi_kdm
HEAD:
head_a1
head_b1
head_c1
TORSO:
torso_a1
torso_b1
torso_c1
torso_d1
torso_e1
torso_f1
torso_g1
LEGS:
lower_a1
lower_b1
lower_c1
lower_d1
lower_e1

MODEL:
jedi_rm
HEAD:
head_a1
head_b1
head_c1
TORSO:
torso_a1
torso_b1
torso_c1
torso_d1
torso_e1
torso_f1
torso_g1
LEGS:
lower_a1
lower_b1
lower_c1
lower_d1
lower_e1

MODEL:
jedi_tf
HEAD:
head_a1
head_a2
head_a3
head_a4
head_b1
head_b2
head_b3
head_b4
TORSO:
torso_a1
torso_b1
torso_c1
torso_d1
torso_e1
torso_f1
torso_g1
LEGS:
lower_a1
lower_b1
lower_c1
lower_d1
lower_e1

MODEL:
jedi_zf
HEAD:
head_a1
head_b1
head_c1
TORSO:
torso_a1
torso_b1
torso_c1
torso_d1
torso_e1
torso_f1
torso_g1
LEGS:
lower_a1
lower_b1
lower_c1
lower_d1
lower_e1
Old 09-11-2004, 09:21 AM   #676
Ren
Lurker

I've tried that. When I do:

playermodel jedi_kdm head_a1 torso_a1 lower_a1

I get a player with no textures.

I also tried the uimenu charactermenu but I get a warning about menu_activation then says it cannot find menu charactermenu.
Old 09-13-2004, 03:48 AM   #677
Kurgan
Headhunter

Not sure if I can help ya there, I'm kinda tired at the moment. But I did do something cool (well I thought it was kinda cool anyway):

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...hreadid=135603

Btw, some threads ago people were talking about the "debug" stuff in multiplayer. Turns out that those moves were only do-able on servers that were using mods that were compiled wrong (ie: the author forgot to turn off debug mode when compiling). So they weren't true cheats, rather mods.

Come to think of it, this is kinda mod related, but it's still fun, check it out!

PS: Somebody really should archive this thread!

Old 09-14-2004, 09:11 AM   #678
Ren
Lurker

NM I got the playermodel thing to work. I just typed in the wrong values for the torso and legs :P But I really want to get the character menu to pull down like the reven guy described on the second page of this thread. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-15-2004, 05:56 AM   #679
Lightning

What does "recursive error after: MAX_CVARS" mean?

(trying to make a script)
Lightning is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-15-2004, 06:39 PM   #680
Kurgan
Headhunter

Try the "Scripts" sticky, in Strategy Forum I believe...

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Academy > Not Enough Customization for Full Version? Try these Cheats! (*SPOILERS*)