lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Not Enough Customization for Full Version? Try these Cheats! (*SPOILERS*)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-07-2003, 02:38 AM   #321
Crow_Nest
Forum Spammer

The "sex m/f" cheat was werid. lolz

Xbox 360 Gamertag: cr0wnes7
Crow_Nest is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-07-2003, 02:57 AM   #322
Tesla

Quote:
Did anyone come up with a method to get dual pistols and flamethrower by now?

Quote:
I've heard that the flamethrower is set to your force lightning button.
No, its impossible to use Fett's Flamethrower, Alora's Dual Saber Throw, and Tavion's Special Scepter moves, because their AI only moves.

Maybe a mod could allow us to use these great things but for now all we can do is hope for such a mod
Tesla is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-07-2003, 06:35 PM   #323
jangofett804
Rookie

Quote:
No, its impossible to use Fett's Flamethrower, Alora's Dual Saber Throw, and Tavion's Special Scepter moves, because their AI only moves.
Shame, I was hoping to be able to use the sand_creature's and rancor's moves.
jangofett804 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-07-2003, 09:43 PM   #324
c0nfusedelf
Lurker

question on models

So for my little JA experiance, i want to be jan. Without her flight jacket. For all the love of heaven and earth, i've done everything i could think of/find to try and get rid of that thricebedamned jacket. can anyone here think of a way to get the game not to render it or something? anything would be good, just as long as i can get rid of tht jacket. i know it can be done, too. it worked once upon a time (of course, in JK2) but it don't now.

Is there something blatantly obvious that i missed? or is it just not possible?
c0nfusedelf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-07-2003, 09:47 PM   #325
peloquin

did you try using the "jedif" skin in academy? I remember the jedif skin in outcast gave you jan without the jacket.
peloquin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-07-2003, 11:27 PM   #326
c0nfusedelf
Lurker

um..

Nope, but it will be something to try. thanks. any other suggestions would be ducky, though.
Old 10-07-2003, 11:49 PM   #327
Darth-Ra

Quote:
Originally posted by c0nfusedelf
Nope, but it will be something to try. thanks. any other suggestions would be ducky, though.
Another way if the surfs on/off is being stubborn, is use a version of jan (JediF) with no surfs on the actual model, its called JanMinus and you can get it here . Hope this can help you or if you are lazy then use this one.

"Do or Do Not, there is no Try." Master Yoda..
Darth-Ra is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-07-2003, 11:52 PM   #328
Crow_Nest
Forum Spammer

Quote:
Originally posted by peloquin
did you try using the "jedif" skin in academy? I remember the jedif skin in outcast gave you jan without the jacket.

This time she's wearing the vest...

Old 10-08-2003, 02:25 AM   #329
c0nfusedelf
Lurker

perfectamundo, guys, thanks. now i know where to go if i got any further problems. This board kicks.
Old 10-08-2003, 10:22 AM   #330
AllenSamhain
Rookie

Smile

hmmm been reading this and going along trying to get aLink.v3 skin in single player i got teh playerNPC file altered with out altering the assest1 file so it stays a pure server.. but when i look a t teh cut sceance it comes up as a storm trooper.. and when i try to switch teh player model in SP . to Feirce_deity.* links model that looks evil and cool* same thing i get a strom trooper... hmm . how do i make a NPC file for teh link skin based on feirce deity.. any help would be nice i can leave my Email aswell ... been at this for some time now... and its late..
AllenSamhain is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-08-2003, 11:29 AM   #331
AllenSamhain
Rookie

one more thing .. i DLed.. this jedi X mod and it has a jedi VS merc.. but it sets every one to Jedi all the bots so its like one big jedi team( well on team DM taht is on regular DM its al jedi vrs jedi and Capture the flag they all play follow the leader and go in circels).. unless you choose merc.. hmm ... wondering how that one plays out as well how can you set just certin bots to merc.. .. heh .. FYI .. some thing that raely ticks me off... storm troopers, roger bots cloner bots and what not on any game .. should NOT beable to use force lightning ... its so &%^$%&$ anoying .. there way to turn it off.. < sighs> hmm .. or just have it to where all the merc players* IE.. jan bubba troopers, rogerbots.. * can only use guns and grenaids .
Old 10-08-2003, 01:26 PM   #332
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
I don't know if you have seen this yet, but I wrote a tutorial about getting custom models and skins into JA SP. If you haven't checked it out yet, you can find it here.

Hope it helps you out.
Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-08-2003, 04:27 PM   #333
V@DER
Rookie

Is it possible to change your character in SP and combine the different species / genders? For example: I would like to see a twilek female head on a human male torso with rhodian legs.
V@DER is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-08-2003, 05:37 PM   #334
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Another thread on the "little Jaden" thing using the Jawa model switch then back to player.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...postid=1335662

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-08-2003, 11:35 PM   #335
AllenSamhain
Rookie

Prime ..
the link you gave with the "HOW to .. "would be nice if i had a registered copy of winzip ... but all i have is winrar..
Old 10-08-2003, 11:45 PM   #336
Darth Stryke

Just curious-has anyone figures out how to get the Bryar pistol without modding the game? I tried give Weapon_bryar_pistol and it said "obtained bryar pistol" and then I used "give ammo" and yet it did not appear in my inventory of items or weapons and I could not select it and the icon wasn't even there. I had no weapons except the saber when I did this. I also made a new npc who uses the bryar and he doesnt drop it when killed. Any clues?

"Never argue with a fool, for he could be doing the same."
Darth Stryke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-08-2003, 11:49 PM   #337
AllenSamhain
Rookie

hmm .. i can send you what i have and give you a link to the "linkV3 model"
but what i have so far i have gone threw your totorial ..and DLed the modle and skins .. in a Mods new directory .. and made a text file "feirce_deity"
Deity
{
playerModel link_default_Deity
saber single_1
**think this is the arbiter**
saberstyle 1
customSkin link_default_Deity
SaberColor Blue
weapon WP_saber
weapon WP_Melee
FP_LEVITATION 3
FP_PUSH 3
FP_pull 3
FP_SEE 3
FP_heal 3
FP_LIGHTNING 3
FP_grip 3
FP_saber_defense 3
FP_saber_offense 3
FP_saber_throw 3
forcePowerMax 200
forceRegenRate 100
forceRegenAmount 5
rank captain
reactions 3
aim 3
move 3
aggression 3
evasion 5
intelligence 3
hfov 120
vfov 120
playerTeam TEAM_PLAYER
enemyTeam TEAM_ENEMY
// race human
class CLASS_REBORN
snd cultist3

** dose this sound file go with Taunts.. i like the cultists" FAILURE BECOMES YOU" **

sndcombat cultist3
sndjedi cultist3
yawSpeed 120
walkSpeed 55
runSpeed 200
health 100
dismemberProbHead 0
dismemberProbArms 0
dismemberProbLegs 0
dismemberProbHands 0
dismemberProbWaist 0
}
but cant get it to a NPC format
so every time i load this i get a storm trooper...ech .. and i have yet to zip all this in to PK3 format .. i have tried the other way with windos folders options where you have XP reignise PK3 folders as zips but trying to pull and put things in that way has crashed more times then anyt thing ..and i loose all my work .. erm... not trying to be a pain honest... just trying new ways and not getting far..
Old 10-09-2003, 01:30 AM   #338
AllenSamhain
Rookie

Post GAME setting or level IDEA...

hmm ... < streching hmm .. > wonder if there is a way to disng a level .. where your like in episode one say in the middle of the gungang and driod war on naboo .. theres wave after wave or those driod guys and you just see how long you last or the waves get progressivly harder.. and you have to get threww them till time runs out .. or you reach a certin number of kills... pending on teh level that would be kinda fun.. sounds hack and slsh .. but make the settings you can be a merc with just guns and bombs say like Jan ors or chewey .. or be a jedi with only the saber and force powers.....i know theresa jedi versus merc settign on jedi X.. that sort of got me thinking about this... could be like stumbeling across teh troopers against driods in episode two as well .. pending o what side you chose.. you can determin teh battle as well ...just a thought
Old 10-09-2003, 02:56 AM   #339
rK // PiG
Lurker

Is there any way to get enemies to attack you when you change your player model to an "evil" one?

For example I used /playermodel bartender but noticed enemies just stand around, taunt me, and act like im not even there.

Any ideas?
rK // PiG is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-09-2003, 04:20 AM   #340
Darth-Ra

Quote:
Originally posted by rK // PiG
Is there any way to get enemies to attack you when you change your player model to an "evil" one?

For example I used /playermodel bartender but noticed enemies just stand around, taunt me, and act like im not even there.

Any ideas?
simple really if you use characters like alora, tavion, stormtrooper, et al then characters like luke, kyle will attack you, but reborns, alora won't...If you use jawa or bartender it will be neutral.

So if you pick say tavion type playerteam player to allow stormtroopers and others to attack you

If using neutrals like Jawas type playerteam player or playerteam enemy which ever you want.

Old 10-09-2003, 07:54 AM   #341
AllenSamhain
Rookie

Post ALMOST THERE..... YEAH

ok there where so many things wrong with my erlier posts i dont even know where to start... but now i have all teh files where they should be all my settings are there .. but im still comming up with a storm trooper.. but i think i know why ... Link ver 3 has more then one model file.. so i have to make spacifics on wich one i need in there.. im surprised my NPC file made it in .. <lol> used the XP zip convertion therory to get it to work .. so wish me lcuk .... hmm still any thoughts on teh droid troop war that you could stumbel in to par-sae..... just wondering ..
PS.. prime thanks for the help .. and the reads for there paicents.
Old 10-09-2003, 02:38 PM   #342
master_lynn1
Lurker

Hi Guys, have been messing about with the Jedi Academy files and was wondering how to make it more probable for saberlocks to happen?? Any ideas? Thanks
master_lynn1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-09-2003, 03:17 PM   #343
JediLurker

Quote:
Originally posted by V@DER
Is it possible to change your character in SP and combine the different species / genders? For example: I would like to see a twilek female head on a human male torso with rhodian legs.
From what I've read, the short answer is no. Not yet anyway.
JediLurker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-09-2003, 03:57 PM   #344
rK // PiG
Lurker

Hey man thanx. I got it all sqaured away. Now I can go neutral and walk my way through the game. Now if I can only get that bloody cutscene model replacement to work.......
rK // PiG is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-09-2003, 09:02 PM   #345
Darth-Ra

Quote:
Hey man thanx. I got it all sqaured away. Now I can go neutral and walk my way through the game. Now if I can only get that bloody cutscene model replacement to work.......
even simpler just open assets1.pk3 with winzip or pakscape, locate ext_data/npcs/player.npc then extract it load it with notepad edit the line playermodel player to playermodel <model name from the models/players/<model>>, and then save it, create a new pk3 file and make sure the updated player.npc is saved in the directory structure of ext_data/npcs, give it any name you like. Then when cinematics load in the game the character you chose will appear..

Old 10-09-2003, 09:24 PM   #346
traj
Rookie

Quote:
No problem

..|.. ^_^ ..|..
traj is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-09-2003, 10:29 PM   #347
Talmor
Lurker

Hello all. I need some help. I plan to make a npc with the following parts
models\players\jedi_zf
face_03.jpg
head_03.jpg
torso_04.png
arms_04
hands_04
hands_04_wrist_armor
icon_torso_d1 ( I really dont know what that is)

I am not sure if I have everything and I cannot figure out the lower torso.
Talmor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-09-2003, 11:19 PM   #348
traj
Rookie

Looks good

..|.. ^_^ ..|..
traj is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-10-2003, 01:09 AM   #349
Crow_Nest
Forum Spammer

maybe someone will make a mOd?

Old 10-10-2003, 01:10 AM   #350
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Just FYI, JediVsMerc gametype is an option in JA, it doesn't require mods (just change one setting from 0 to 1 and you'll have it in all game modes... works best in FFA though).

Anyway, as far as the Bryar pistol goes, I know you can get both the Bryar AND Stun Baton (funny how every map says its loading the stun baton, even though no maps feature it, heh) at least in a multiplayer game where cheats are enabled. Type devmap <mapname> and then \give all.

You'll notice the Bryar uses ammo AND it has a much higher rate of fire than the BlasTech.

The Stun Baton can be used in both 3rd and 1st person views too, cool. They're both exactly the same as they were in JK2.

This was probably included as a way to design custom Siege classes that might start with those weapons.

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-10-2003, 01:17 AM   #351
legameboy
Pirate Flavored

Hmm, I really need to know this. If I'm hosting a server, how do I set it so the only two weapons availible are the lightsaber and "melee". What is the administrator or server command in order to do so? I am running a saber-only server, and I want there to be melee as on option also. I already enabled g_debugmelee, but now I need the weapon itself. Thank you in advance.
legameboy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-10-2003, 12:56 PM   #352
recon
Rookie

i was just thinking about it and i was wondering if there is a way to use boba fetts flamethrower..

supose il better forum search then !

recon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-10-2003, 01:09 PM   #353
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally posted by Kurgan
Anyway, as far as the Bryar pistol goes, I know you can get both the Bryar AND Stun Baton (funny how every map says its loading the stun baton, even though no maps feature it, heh) at least in a multiplayer game where cheats are enabled.
For SP, one way might be to alter the weapon listing in the .npc file for whatever character you want to use. I haven't tried it, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Quote:
Originally posted by recon
i was just thinking about it and i was wondering if there is a way to use boba fetts flamethrower..
The last I heard it wasn't possible. Someone may have found a way by now though...
Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-10-2003, 03:06 PM   #354
Crow_Nest
Forum Spammer

Quote:
Theres no way to use it, but someone might make a mod...

Old 10-10-2003, 06:42 PM   #355
killabilly
Rookie

Does anyone know how to mix and match the models with the playermodel cheat, and get something like a zabrak female body with a human female head?

Chang??
killabilly is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-10-2003, 10:34 PM   #356
IG-64

LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
I figured out something big! Just go to the MINI Jaden thread link above to see.

Quote:
Any idea if it's possible to customize animations to go with a certain player model?
see the thing i found out!
IG-64 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-11-2003, 07:34 AM   #357
Scoundrel
Rookie

Can I get g_saberpickuppabledroppedsabers 1 working somehow?
Scoundrel is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-11-2003, 02:19 PM   #358
IG-64

LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally posted by |GG|Crow_Nest
Where's the threaD?
its the mini jaden one
IG-64 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-11-2003, 03:28 PM   #359
LD1984

I'm sure this has been posted before....

If you /playermodel boba_fett and then go back to player, you keep his jetpack! It's invisible, but you can double-jump and take off!
LD1984 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-11-2003, 03:29 PM   #360
Crow_Nest
Forum Spammer

cool.

thx for the tiP!

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Academy > Not Enough Customization for Full Version? Try these Cheats! (*SPOILERS*)