lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: The Official 'Help with Vjun' (Vader's Castle) thread
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-21-2003, 01:35 PM   #41
StormHammer
Fallen Jedi

10 year veteran! 
Re: Which Part I'm at

Quote:
Originally posted by Damianh86
right...

I'm at the part where there is a big green laser field going vertically from the ceiling to the ground.. i have climbed the platforms and so has kyle, someone told me tht he is mean't to say something to me to tell me what to do next, but he hasn't said anything to me...do you know which part i am at ? if you do could you please help and tell me where and/or what i have to do next please ?

many thanks

Damian
I recommend reading this thread in it's entirety. Answers have been given concerning what to do in the 'green laser' or 'power core' area.
StormHammer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-21-2003, 08:17 PM   #42
raven00
Lurker

Unhappy Stuck under vader's castle

I'm currently stuck on the level where I have to get into Darth vader's castle with Kyle.

He is holding a power coupling up in the sewers and I need to drain the water out somehow.

Can't seem to find any way to do this or any real place to go to look.

Have tried jumping up into the hole in the roof as that looks like it goes somewhere, but I can't quite jump high enough.

Any help appreciated.
raven00 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-21-2003, 08:23 PM   #43
KARNI4
Lurker

You need to force push/pull the 3 or four red pumps that are in that room I beleive.
KARNI4 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-22-2003, 02:59 AM   #44
Jaegerr
Lurker

i already drained the water, but whenever kyle jumps up into the hole he just sits there and im stuck in the cinimatic untill i quit in console.
Jaegerr is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-22-2003, 04:17 PM   #45
StormHammer
Fallen Jedi

10 year veteran! 
*bump*
StormHammer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2003, 01:12 AM   #46
Re\/aN
Rookie

Question

I need help in a section of Vjun'. I have gotten through most of it, but I come to this room when I walk in 4 pillars go to the bottom of the floor, and when I goto the control panel and press it, one pillar goes to the top and 4 round droids come out, easy enuff. After they are killed, 2 sheilded droids w/ guns, easy also. But the final one with 2 fast shielded droids with light sabers come out, I can't kill them.. I've used all kinds of guns, det packs, thermal dets, trips, my saber, force lightning and nothing..
Re\/aN is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2003, 03:21 AM   #47
Doug Thompson
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Jaegerr
i already drained the water, but whenever kyle jumps up into the hole he just sits there and im stuck in the cinimatic untill i quit in console.
That pipe full of wires that was filled with deadly electricity that was going to fry you and Kyle moments ago is now perfectly safe to walk on. Walk up it but not quite all the way. You'll be able to make little jumps and get up to where Kyle is.
Doug Thompson is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2003, 03:22 AM   #48
Doug Thompson
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Re\/aN
I need help in a section of Vjun'. I have gotten through most of it, but I come to this room when I walk in 4 pillars go to the bottom of the floor, and when I goto the control panel and press it, one pillar goes to the top and 4 round droids come out, easy enuff. After they are killed, 2 sheilded droids w/ guns, easy also. But the final one with 2 fast shielded droids with light sabers come out, I can't kill them.. I've used all kinds of guns, det packs, thermal dets, trips, my saber, force lightning and nothing..
If electromagnetic pulse gun didn't work, I'm mystified.
Old 09-23-2003, 03:23 AM   #49
Re\/aN
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Doug Thompson
If electromagnetic pulse gun didn't work, I'm mystified.
That gun worked for the previous two waves of droids, but those droids with light sabers don't seem affected.
Re\/aN is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2003, 04:32 AM   #50
DarkRealm
Lurker

I am Not Stuck on Vader Castle...BUT there is a Major AI pathfinding Error that is not letting me Advance in the Game.

Every time I get to the Part where I need to Jump up on the Rocks to get to where the Bombers are...Kyle Eather Dosn't BOTHER to Jump...or Has no Force Power...so I wait for him to regain his power but the Turd Keeps Useing Force Speed.

Anyway...he Keeps WALING into the Lake. And then Game over...

Any help?
DarkRealm is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2003, 04:38 AM   #51
Tesla

Quote:
That gun worked for the previous two waves of droids, but those droids with light sabers don't seem affected.
Try your lightsaber, remember you had to fight a saber droid in the Yavin Training level, so these guys should be no problems for you, but be were there are 3 others so use Katas and Special Moves along with Force Powers and you should overcome them.

Good Luck
Tesla is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2003, 05:17 AM   #52
Crow_Nest
Forum Spammer

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkRealm
I am Not Stuck on Vader Castle...BUT there is a Major AI pathfinding Error that is not letting me Advance in the Game.

Every time I get to the Part where I need to Jump up on the Rocks to get to where the Bombers are...Kyle Eather Dosn't BOTHER to Jump...or Has no Force Power...so I wait for him to regain his power but the Turd Keeps Useing Force Speed.

Anyway...he Keeps WALING into the Lake. And then Game over...

Any help?
Must be a bug. Did you try replaying the level?

Xbox 360 Gamertag: cr0wnes7
Crow_Nest is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2003, 05:38 AM   #53
JediMeister

Against the saber droids you can't use primary fire of the DEMP coz they'll block it every time. Instead use secondary fire, the radial effect one, e.g. the one that fires out a shot that expands. I beat both of them with two or three shots. Speed also helps as well. If you need further help on this subject, I have a completed walkthrough up at gamefaqs.com

"Size matters not."-Yoda

"There is no emotion; there is peace. There is no ignorance; there is knowledge. There is no passion; there is serenity. There is no death; there is the Force"-the Jedi Code
JediMeister is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2003, 06:36 AM   #54
BrodieCadden

I'm not a harcore player or anything, don't play MP and such and I found the games puzzles and level design pretty tame, difficulty wise. I can't believe people are actually using playguides for it. If all else fails, force push/pull everything or jump as high as you can. There's no real advanced cerebral applications here folks.
BrodieCadden is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2003, 06:49 AM   #55
Crow_Nest
Forum Spammer

Quote:
Originally posted by BrodieCadden
I'm not a harcore player or anything, don't play MP and such and I found the games puzzles and level design pretty tame, difficulty wise. I can't believe people are actually using playguides for it. If all else fails, force push/pull everything or jump as high as you can. There's no real advanced cerebral applications here folks.
Also use Sense.

Old 09-28-2003, 09:49 PM   #56
killabilly
Rookie

No the last battle with rosh is the bit that gave me a headache cos i dont have absorb...

But since im more of a dark force user lightning works pretty well on those twins... took me bout 2 go's to fry'em.
killabilly is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2003, 11:50 AM   #57
Doug Thompson
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkRealm

Every time I get to the Part where I need to Jump up on the Rocks to get to where the Bombers are

Kyle should be following you. If you're where I think you are, you should be the first one on the rocks. He'll jump ahead, but if you kill the troopers who run through the door and then go in the door. Kyle will follow you into the building. If you don't do it soon enough, he dies.

Last edited by Doug Thompson; 09-29-2003 at 01:30 PM.
Old 09-29-2003, 01:16 PM   #58
Crow_Nest
Forum Spammer

Something weird happend last time.

The 2 twins that are supposed to heal rosh during the battle was stuck above me, so they couldn't heal rosh.

hahahaha!

Old 09-29-2003, 09:27 PM   #59
Anakin1607

Those huge cultists are so easy to kill it's funny, WITHOUT force absorb.

Duh! Use guns! They don't have sabers!
Anakin1607 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-30-2003, 05:21 AM   #60
Crow_Nest
Forum Spammer

Quote:
Originally posted by Anakin1607
Those huge cultists are so easy to kill it's funny, WITHOUT force absorb.

Duh! Use guns! They don't have sabers!
well duhz, they sUx0rZ!

They don't even have force powers! (execpt force jump)

Old 10-06-2003, 04:24 PM   #61
operagh0st

Beating Rosh and the Twins as a Dark-Force User

It's useless to fight Rosh until Tweedle-Dee and Tweedle-Dum are out of the picture. If you read the icarus scripts under base\scripts\vjun3, Rosh is set as "invincible" until the twins are killed.

I've played through the game as both a light and dark jedi, and Vjun is one of the toughest if you are a dark-force user. But it's certainly not impossible. Without Force Absorb, the Twins will give you hell, because their lightning attacks can immobilize you if you're very close to them.

I've found the key is to keep your distance, and keep force-pushing them until they fall, then just use your saber-throw to finish them off. You can also hack away at them freely whenever they stop to "heal" Rosh.

Anakin1607 made a superb point about using guns. I'll have to try that. I'm a little skeptical because force users can always reflect any projectile weapons with force-push (thermals, cuncussion rifle, rocket launcher, repeater alt-fire, flechette alt-fire) and dodge the rest (blasters, disruptor, etc.). Also, if you switch to guns, you're wide open for Rosh's saber attacks. He uses strong style only (check out the base\ext_data\npcs\rosh_penin.npc file) and will take you out quickly, especially if you're playing at Jedi Master difficulty. That's if the Twins don't yank the weapon from your hands first...
operagh0st is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2003, 05:19 PM   #62
operagh0st

Problems with Kyle in Vjun1

I've seen alot of posts about people's troubles with Kyle in Vjun1. Here is a fix for you.

Most of Kyle's malfunctions will occur because his NPC has run out of Force Mana, and he can't keep up with you. This is especially true in VJUN1, where he keeps Force Protect on at all times. To work around this limitation, extract the files from your ASSETS0.PK3 file under \%installpath%\Game Data\base\assets0.pk3 and edit his NPC file located under \ext_data\npcs\kyle.npc It will look like this:

(note for newbies, a PK3 file is compressed the same as a ZIP file, all you have to do is change the file extension, and you can extract the contents just like a zip file)

Kyle
{
playerModel kyle
saber kyle
rank commander
health 1000
weapon WP_BRYAR_PISTOL
weapon WP_SABER
saberStyle 1
saberStyle 3
saberStyle 2
FP_HEAL 3
FP_LEVITATION 3
FP_SPEED 3
FP_PUSH 3
FP_PULL 3
FP_TELEPATHY 3
FP_GRIP 3
FP_LIGHTNING 2
FP_SABERTHROW 3
FP_RAGE 0
FP_PROTECT 3
FP_ABSORB 3
FP_DRAIN 0
FP_SEE 3
FP_SABER_DEFENSE 3
FP_SABER_OFFENSE 3

forcePowerMax 200
reactions 4
aim 5
move 3
aggression 5
evasion 5
intelligence 5
playerTeam TEAM_PLAYER
class CLASS_KYLE
snd kyle
sndcombat kyle
sndjedi kyle
dismemberProbHead 0
dismemberProbArms 0
dismemberProbHands 0
dismemberProbLegs 0
dismemberProbWaist 0
}

Notice the item in boldface. forcePowerMax sets the limit for an NPC's Force Mana. If you change this value to, say, 500, then Kyle will have 500 points of Force Mana to use in game. Increasing this value will help prevent him from running out.

For added effect, you can add these lines:

forceRegenRate 50
forceRegenAmount 2

These will cause him to regenerate his Force pool faster.

NOTE: Do NOT edit the settings for KYLE_BOSS as well... or you'll be in for a serious spanking if you end up turning to the Dark Side...

...or, if you like that kind of thing... do it.

Once you're finished editing, place the KYLE.NPC file in an (empty) folder path like this EXT_DATA\NPCS

Then zip the EXT_DATA folder you just created, and rename it to a *.PK3 using whatever name you want. Then place it back under \%installpath%\Game Data\base\ and go to town.
operagh0st is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-07-2003, 11:26 PM   #63
lostandfound
Lurker

IM NEW SO ...IM STUCK AFTER YOU FIGHT THE DROIDS WHIT LIGHT SABERS .. I COME TO AROOM THATS FULL WHIT SITH OR CULT PEOPLE AND I GET TO THE TOP WHIT OUT FIGHTING BUT I DONT FIND A WAY OUT ITS A PART WHEN ITS SAYS - SOMEONE REALLY MUST HATE VADER OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT... ANY HELP HERE PLEASE
lostandfound is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-07-2003, 11:56 PM   #64
Crow_Nest
Forum Spammer

1) stop using caps

2) You must be at the part where you fight some droids then go to an elevator down (or up?). then fight 2 cultist with blaster rifles, kill them. and go through the door and fight somemore reborn then go upstairs. Go through the door and fight the last reborn then, the door in that room should be unlocked.

Old 10-09-2003, 03:04 PM   #65
Dumpston

Vjun Anomaly

After you first spot the TIE Bombers: there is a section of pipe outside in the rain which can be sabred open and there is three det packs in there (I am fairly sure they are det packs) but the hole is not big enough to fit through and force pull doesn't seem to work.

Also is this one of the secrets, I am trying to find them but I don't know how many there should be on this level, you only get told how many there for part three.

I don't know if anyone else noticed but on one of the very first levels there is a secret on the level (very helpfully I cant remember what level or where the secret is) but at the end of the level it says there weren't any secrets. They make it very difficult to get all the secrets (yes I know they are supposed to be). Does anyone have a list of how many secrets there are per level?

I am very sorry for the length of this boring post. Thankyou for your time to anybody that bothers to read this far.
Dumpston is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-09-2003, 03:36 PM   #66
Pedro The Hutt
Jedi Knight

Quote:
Originally posted by |GG|Crow_Nest
well duhz, they sUx0rZ!

They don't even have force powers! (execpt force jump)
I've had them fling lightning at me, and push me around. Amusing chaps , If I urgently need a full Force well I wait untill I get 30 points, turn on absorb and run up to them and absorb their lightning or push, wee, full Force again.
Pedro The Hutt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-18-2003, 03:10 PM   #67
riian_skyfire
Rookie

After the room with all the bomb looking things(they are like a lot of cylinders stacked on top of one another)theres a room with a dark jedi in it. He keeps killing me ! any suggestions on how to beat him?

"Does the warmaster truly wish a disquisition upon the New Republic's perverse system of government? It has to do with a bizarre concept called democracy, in which ruling power is given to whoever is most skillful at directing the herd instincts of the largest masses of their most ignorant citizens"

Nom Anor in Traitor
riian_skyfire is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-18-2003, 03:14 PM   #68
Crow_Nest
Forum Spammer

Is it the reborn with the staff or with the dual sabers?

Old 10-18-2003, 03:20 PM   #69
riian_skyfire
Rookie

There is a hall in the next room. the sith keeps using dark rage.

"Does the warmaster truly wish a disquisition upon the New Republic's perverse system of government? It has to do with a bizarre concept called democracy, in which ruling power is given to whoever is most skillful at directing the herd instincts of the largest masses of their most ignorant citizens"

Nom Anor in Traitor
Old 10-18-2003, 03:38 PM   #70
Crow_Nest
Forum Spammer

Is it the part where you go up the stairs and fight the lone reborn with a staff?

If he keeps using rage....

As you know, when a jedi uses rage, he cannot be killled. But you can lower his health until 1. so keep on attacking him and use sense to see his health. When it is VERY low (until you can't see anything), attack him with lightning or just damage him with any weapon because he only has 1 health left.

Old 10-19-2003, 02:47 PM   #71
riian_skyfire
Rookie

Thanks, both of you.

Nom Anor in Traitor
Old 10-20-2003, 03:20 AM   #72
Crow_Nest
Forum Spammer

NP!

Old 10-22-2003, 12:49 AM   #73
riian_skyfire
Rookie

Huh?

Nom Anor in Traitor
Old 10-22-2003, 01:17 AM   #74
Sam Fisher
eh.

Quote:
Huh?
NP means "No Problem"

stuck in an eternity of sunshine and chocolate.
Sam Fisher is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-25-2003, 05:09 PM   #75
riian_skyfire
Rookie

Oh thanks. Rosh was so easy to beat! How did anyone have trouble beating him?

Nom Anor in Traitor

Last edited by riian_skyfire; 10-25-2003 at 05:23 PM.
Old 10-26-2003, 06:09 AM   #76
Crow_Nest
Forum Spammer

Quote:
Originally posted by riian_skyfire
Use absorb and speed. And attack the twins when they are healing rosh. Thats what i did.

Old 10-26-2003, 06:12 AM   #77
Crow_Nest
Forum Spammer

Quote:
Use absorb and speed. And attack the twins when they are healing rosh. Thats what i did.

Old 10-26-2003, 06:14 AM   #78
Crow_Nest
Forum Spammer

Quote:

Old 10-26-2003, 08:35 AM   #79
Rocheh
Lurker

I just went running around and used my lvl 3 force lightning to kill them :/ After that Rosh is easy to beat.
Rocheh is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-26-2003, 10:54 AM   #80
Crow_Nest
Forum Spammer

Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by Rocheh
I just went running around and used my lvl 3 force lightning to kill them :/ After that Rosh is easy to beat.
You used cheat for level 3 lightning right? Because you won't get level 3 lightning at that part yet.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Help Center > Strategy Shack > The Official 'Help with Vjun' (Vader's Castle) thread