lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Jaden's Voice...
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-21-2003, 11:49 PM   #1
shukrallah
White Dragon

Jaden's Voice...

Just thinking, If you look at the assets0.pk3 file in the demo, you see that the male and female have different voices. So if im making a map, and script something where Jaden talks, and its a male voice, what happens if the person is using a female model? Is there some sort of advanced scripting technique for voices now? Or will it be automatically changed depending on the sex of the player?
shukrallah is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2003, 07:36 AM   #2
idontlikegeorge

Location: Striking fear into the hearts of Demolicans and Republicrats.
I don't think we can know this for sure until any text-viewable scripts are released. But in the meantime, lets have some conjecture!

In the full game there are soundsets for jaden_fmle and jaden_male. All the cutscene clips are named the exact same. So perhaps the script that refers to the clip, just references the clip name, and maybe the player data that is made at the beginning (where the player chooses a male or female model) determines from which folder the clip is played from...

But like I said, we can't really know for sure without being able to look under Academy's hood. And we can't get in the car to pop the hood quite yet!

I don't like quake, never liked quake, and don't like Star Wars quake. So basically jk2mp.exe never gets used on my computer.

Shaving is not a high priority with Jedi. Would you want to shave with a lightsaber?
idontlikegeorge is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > JO Mapping > Jaden's Voice...