lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: KOTOR II Gets Official Greenlight ***Spoilers***
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-02-2003, 11:51 PM   #1
Dalti Evful

KOTOR II Gets Official Greenlight ***Spoilers***

In this months OXM the game mole reveals that KOTOR II is a go and will not be a true sequel. It will take place long after the current KOTOR time frame and will feature all new characters. It could also possibly be an XBox exclusive game depending on wether or not Microsoft can fork over the cash needed to close the deal with Bioware. This is in the gamer mole section of this months OXM mag and is insider rumor only. However this guy is never wrong and I have been reading OXM for over a year now. He said GTA III & Vice City were coming to the XBox months before Rockstar games made the official annoucement. I would say this is pretty concrete info considering Bioware and Microsofts new business ventures together. I would like to be the first to say to Bioware thank you! You are doing the right thing by not making a true sequel to the origional KOTOR.
Dalti Evful is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-03-2003, 04:24 PM   #2
Tie Pilot
Rookie

yyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssss!!!

ALLEUIA!!! thanks for the news

I cant wait, i wonder who the characters are

Another epic by bioware bring it on i say, jade empier and kotor2 are mine, i just hope kotor isnt that secret pc only game they have been keeping secret that wouldnt be fair

Aye your ma.
Tie Pilot is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-14-2003, 02:59 PM   #3
Arm Ja Che'Wa
Lurker

i may keep my x-box then if thats true, i nearly sold it before KOTOR
Arm Ja Che'Wa is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-17-2003, 10:41 PM   #4
Derek
Lurker

If this is for all systems,it better not be called KOTOR 2

Something like KOTOR:Cool Name Here.
Derek is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-31-2003, 01:58 AM   #5
Dalti Evful

Quote:
Originally posted by Derek
If this is for all systems,it better not be called KOTOR 2

Something like KOTOR:Cool Name Here.
It won't be for all systems it will be X-Box only or PC and X-Box only. I would bet on the latter because Bioware released KOTOR to the PC audience and it would be foolish to leave them hanging when KOTOR 2 arrives. But you never know because Bioware wont be developing KOTOR 2.
Dalti Evful is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-31-2003, 02:35 AM   #6
kookaburra
Rookie

Location: If You Combine This Young Jedi And A Certian *Male* Sith Lord You Are More Likely To Get...Babies!
Hot Topic Starter 
please make a sequel to KOTOR !!

i thought i post my thoughtsd here and say please make sequel to KOTOR with out beloved characters bastilla and carth and the crew please i think it be great if there was a another threat out there for the crew to deal with i really loved KOTOR and i keep playing iot threw over and over and i would love to see a sequel to kotor once again
kookaburra is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-05-2003, 02:40 PM   #7
pimp juice
Lurker

Re: please make a sequel to KOTOR !!

Quote:
Originally posted by kookaburra
i thought i post my thoughtsd here and say please make sequel to KOTOR with out beloved characters bastilla and carth and the crew please i think it be great if there was a another threat out there for the crew to deal with i really loved KOTOR and i keep playing iot threw over and over and i would love to see a sequel to kotor once again
i think your right. the sequel just wouldn't be the same without the original characters!
pimp juice is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-06-2003, 10:04 AM   #8
Mex
Not the brightest cookie.

The game is not being made by Bioware apparently, rumour has it that it is being developed by Obsidian.
Mex is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-06-2003, 12:40 PM   #9
Hannibal

Current Game: Black Ops/Biosock
LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally posted by Michaelmexp
The game is not being made by Bioware apparently, rumour has it that it is being developed by Obsidian.
I thought it was a partnership between Bioware and Obsidian.

Hannibal is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-07-2003, 02:27 AM   #10
kookaburra
Rookie

Location: If You Combine This Young Jedi And A Certian *Male* Sith Lord You Are More Likely To Get...Babies!
Hot Topic Starter 
You have to have the original crew for KOTOR 2

OK ! who ever is going to make KOTOR 2 ,you have to have Bastilla and Carth and Juhani and Canderous and Mission and Zaalbar and the droids again make them have a nother adventure together and dont forget you are apart of the crew to it has to be done!!! please make us have another wounderful adventure
kookaburra is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-07-2003, 08:41 AM   #11
Mex
Not the brightest cookie.

Re: You have to have the original crew for KOTOR 2

Quote:
Originally posted by kookaburra
OK ! who ever is going to make KOTOR 2 ,you have to have Bastilla and Carth and Juhani and Canderous and Mission and Zaalbar and the droids again make them have a nother adventure together and dont forget you are apart of the crew to it has to be done!!! please make us have another wounderful adventure
If there is KotOR2 I dealt it will be with the old characters, it would most probably be at a different time.
Mex is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-09-2003, 10:20 PM   #12
sandor
Lurker

UK Magazine X Box World has this story:

Senior American sources have confirmed that Bioware has green-lighted Knights of the Old Republic 2, sequel to the world-buggering smash RPG, and has farmed the game out to role-playing overlords, Obsidian Entertainment...

First details of KOTOR 2 tell that the game will be set long after the events of the first title, and will include a completely new cast of characters. The STUNNING news that Bioware has left development of the new title in the hands of Obsidian will raise the eyebrows of the faithful, but the Californian developer is backed by staff members who've worked on the biggest rpgs in the business... KOTOR 2 is in safe hands.
sandor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-25-2003, 04:45 AM   #13
ninja

i'm really hoping they make more cool looking mandalorians. and you can have more characters to play as. like a yoda race or something. i currently own the PC version. and i am very pleased with my product. i do not own a x-box. but if part 2 comes out for x-box only, i see no alternative but to buy an x-box.

i think it would be cool to play different roles in the next story. what i mean is you can start off as a sith trooper, or bounty hunter and then get the option later to learn to be a sith. or choose to stay a what you are or upgrade to something else, or be persuaded to join the good guys or bad which ever.

same thing with good guys too maybe start off as a republic commando, or republic soldier or something.

i can do without the above, but a main factor that i kinda demand is that we get more customization in the character section. what if we wanna be some alien race or something. pick from a different bunch of heads, torsos like what the jedi academy has.

here is a whole section about everything that had to do about the old republic, including pictures from the comic books. http://jediencyclopedia.150m.com/kotor.html

and this is the main directory of all star wars chapters. http://jediencyclopedia.150m.com/lobby.html

thread for model ideas, you might find great ideas. http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=83939

all S-wars comic character gallery http://jediencyclopedia.150m.com/lobby.html

Last edited by ninja; 11-26-2003 at 06:24 AM.
ninja is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-26-2003, 04:43 AM   #14
Crowy
Forumite

Location: on a peice of plywood with this sandpaper type stuff on it
if kotor II were based around the initial kotor there would be too many bugs! what if it focuses on a character that optional like juhani?? what if someone dies at the end?

what if you dont have a saved game of kotor for it to read from? you would have to therefore play through and complete kotor before going on to number 2!

besides, creating new characters with hopefully more flexibility(species, clothing etc.) thus making it a better experience!

if it were an expansion it would make sense keeping the same characters, but its a whole new game!!

i do hope these rumors are more than just that

In Loving Memory Of Corinne Brittan.

September 3rd 1986 - November 30th 2003
Crowy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-28-2003, 11:14 PM   #15
Samuel Dravis

What really needs to happens is that they release an expansion and a sequel. I for one would buy them both as fast as I could. Maybe before food...

"Words are deeds." - Wittgenstein
Samuel Dravis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-29-2003, 04:27 AM   #16
ninja

well to be honest i love the game i was hooked on it. but i still would rather request having to play as an alien race first, that or be able to add a scarr on my characters face or a patch on his eye or something lol. more customizations is the main thing. to be able to pick out different heads and clothing at first.

actually i would like to play as a bounty hunter lol.

thread for model ideas, you might find great ideas. http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=83939

all S-wars comic character gallery http://jediencyclopedia.150m.com/lobby.html
ninja is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-06-2003, 01:09 AM   #17
Viperiuž
Lurker

I think it would be kool for there next game..instead of starting out as you do in kotor 1 u should get the option of playing either as a sith or republic and each side has and almost totally different story line..also the option to defect might be kool..there really a lot there can still be done with this sorta rpg..i hope there next game is great as this one
Viperiuž is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-06-2003, 09:10 AM   #18
Viperiuž
Lurker

Maybe the next gae should be set 1000 year after the creation of the new republic or somthing like that...ans call it Kotnr:Knights of the new republic ..bit lame i guess
Viperiuž is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-06-2003, 12:09 PM   #19
Com Raven
Silent Assassin

LFN Staff Member Hot Topic Starter 
It's not 100% certain that a new Star Wars rpg would be done by Obsidian. The agreement between them and BioWare say that they will work on successful BW series. Another possibilitie would be Baldur's Gate 3, for example...

Back from the dead, back from The End
I'm here to take Revenge!
Soon the deathly dusk will fall
and the Night I've waited for
Com Raven is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-09-2003, 06:43 PM   #20
the_raven_0_3
Rookie

If this were to be an Xbox Exclusive, it would make the Xbox and even greater console, being that Halo 2 and Fable are soon coming out.
the_raven_0_3 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-15-2003, 01:04 AM   #21
Sam Fisher
eh.

I agree with Samuel Dravis on this one, if its XBOX Exclusive, I'd hate them too. It just makes a lot of people suffer, and they will not get as much money.

stuck in an eternity of sunshine and chocolate.
Sam Fisher is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-15-2003, 05:32 AM   #22
Crowy
Forumite

Location: on a peice of plywood with this sandpaper type stuff on it
i have an xbox.... but i would still hate them

when i get more money im gunna get kotor for pc aswell, coz i could therefore hopefully mod the hell out of it which would rock hard!!!

In Loving Memory Of Corinne Brittan.

September 3rd 1986 - November 30th 2003
Crowy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-23-2004, 02:59 PM   #23
MasterAts
Lurker

News on Kotor II

check this link for more details

http://www.theforce.net/games/index.shtml#23481
MasterAts is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-29-2004, 12:49 AM   #24
DarkHaloMF
Lurker

Re: Re: please make a sequel to KOTOR !!

Quote:
Originally posted by pimp juice
i think your right. the sequel just wouldn't be the same without the original characters!
I agree. I just want to find out what happens between Bastilla and Revan.

Well they can at least talk a little bit about what happened in Kotor1 in Kotor2.

You can stand for something, or you will fall for nothing.
DarkHaloMF is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-29-2004, 07:44 PM   #25
dark jedi 8
law abiding citizen:)

i dont think they will talk about kotor 1 in kotor 2 b/c kotor 1 was too open ended to have a definate diologue. you would have to pick an ending of kotor 1 when you start kotor2 and i dont think the developers would script that many different diologue posibilities. just an opinion. it all depends on how long the time is between the 2 games. a lot of questions will hopefully be answered in april or at E3!

"to be great is to be misunderstood" - Emerson
dark jedi 8 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2004, 06:00 PM   #26
Ki Fisto
Rookie

I like the idea of ether joining the republic or the sith. But i think seeding its called "Knights" of the old republic, you could start at the Jedi Academy as a young child, a bit like fable, and do your training then become an aprentice under a master, which will depend on how well they like you, eg. your fighting ablility or anger. then you will follow your master until you become a full jedi, and i could go on and on. So it would be a game of a jedi's life till the day you grow into a senial old man, like Jolee Bindo. What you think? to complicated? or not?

Ki Fisto
Ki Fisto is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-08-2004, 12:02 PM   #27
Floppythegod
Rookie

Not bad, not bad.

You wrot that sooooooo good, that I am crying.

Gamer A: I wan't Duke Nukem forever more than Half-Life 2.
Gamer B: You wan't a game that isn't releast nor never will be? :duell:
Floppythegod is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-08-2004, 04:23 PM   #28
Ki Fisto
Rookie

I have just thought of something else how about having planets from the core worlds and not just the outer rim worlds.

Did it really make you cry?

Ki Fisto
Old 04-08-2004, 08:27 PM   #29
dark jedi 8
law abiding citizen:)

looks like he's still crying... but thats a good idea, though i do welcome new worlds just not ones w/crappy creatures like the selkath.

"to be great is to be misunderstood" - Emerson
dark jedi 8 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-09-2004, 04:24 PM   #30
Ki Fisto
Rookie

So basicly not Manan then. I'd like to see Alderan, see what it was like before space dust.

Ki Fisto
Old 04-23-2004, 09:12 PM   #31
Spawn_2k3
Rookie

more worlds, species, cloths, weapons, and vehicals would be sweet, like you can pick what star ship you want, what upgrades for it you want, or hell you could own more then 1!

plus maybe that after you completed the game, have it to were you can keep playing it, like darkside, you can keep being a bad guy and doing more evil things to people, or lightside, saving people from harm! lol, sending your sith troops to take over a planet would be sweet! to me the avarage 30+ hours isnt enough!

online would be a must to! you cant tell me you wouldnt like to be able to take your character online, with about 2-6 of your friends, and do missions, sidequest, or just cause mayham to npc!

This game can take what KOTOR did, and excede it, and can take it to places it has never gone, and where we all want it to go!

Spawn_2k3 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-06-2004, 01:33 PM   #32
Jedi_Prince305
Lurker

heres some info , (may contain spoilers) i dont know, havent read it yet, just found it lol
http://www.lucasarts.com/press/releases/88.html

The question isnt weither the light or dark side is strongest, but how you use the force to strengthen yourself.
--There is no death, only the Force
Jedi_Prince305 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-07-2004, 05:35 PM   #33
blackmoon
Lurker

wow im so blissfully happy about this

"I think my soul is red like the soul of a sword or a scarlet flower. But when these things are dead they have had their hour."
blackmoon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-16-2004, 02:43 AM   #34
Gepmeister
Lurker

But...

Hmmm there seems to be a few holes in the story if it only takes place 5 years after KOTOR and will feature some of the same charecters. I mean we all know Revan kicks major ass, how would he allow the Jedi to become so weak as well as the other masters ? I just don't see Revan being bested by one Sith Lord, perhaps many awesome ones but definetly not one. Like he would ever face them without his friends help anyway, especially Bastillas. He was very charasmatic also and at the end of KOTOR the Republic and Jedi was stronger than before and the Sith so terribly weak. Not only did the Sith lose over 90% of their forces but their Star Forge and leader Darth Malek while the Republic and Jedi gained Revan, one of the greatest Jedi ever as well as the others including Bastilla with her Battle Meditation. How could in simply 5 years time the Jedi be nearly extinct ? I can understand Revan and the others going into hiding but this huge Republic/Jedi callapse gap has to be filled for the reason why they did it. I wouldn't mind if a few of the major charecters from KOTOR to get killed off but to Kill Revan and Bastilla, two of the most powerful Jedi, would be so laughably absurd. They should have you pick which model you used for Revan so you can meet him and Bastilla sometime during KOTOR II and talk about what the hell happened. Perhaps the Jedi council would forbid their love and they chose to live off somewhere far away and didn't know about the Sith hutning down the Jedi until your charecter or they felt it in the force but it was nearly too late, at least that would make more sense, much like Anakin and Padme but instead of keeping it a secret they simply left. I just don't see one or both of these two being killed off, I mean really, come on Obsidian, what Bioware achieved was near perfection, don't mess with it if you're not going to explain your plot eventually in very detailed and believeable events. What do you guys think ?
Gepmeister is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-23-2004, 02:34 PM   #35
adillon

Re: But...

Quote:
Originally posted by Gepmeister
... and Jedi gained Revan, one of the greatest Jedi ever as well as the others including Bastilla with her Battle Meditation. How could in simply 5 years time the Jedi be nearly extinct ? I can understand Revan and the others going into hiding but this huge Republic/Jedi callapse gap has to be filled for the reason why they did it.
of course, this all depends on HOW you played KotOR ... i've only played it going to the dark side, so everything you've stated never happened in 'my' game. i read that as the KotOR II story progresses, you are asked about different events in your experience of KotOR which affects various details of the story's history.

adillon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-27-2004, 05:17 AM   #36
Aleggy

ok from all the sorces i've read obsidian not bioware are making kotor2

however the game engine and all things designed by bioware that made kotor so good have been sold to the ppl making kotor2

and it seems that they are aware that they could mess up a good formular

so if it aint broke dont fix it

the game play will be very much the same with a few gameplay tweeks

i.e. improved lipsync more force moves and battle moves so the fights wont feel so repetitive

and to my knowledge the only kotor character making an entrance possibly just as a cameo from kotor is t3-m4 the little droid

So long and thanks for all the fish

I pity the fools who have not played kotor
Aleggy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-03-2004, 03:17 AM   #37
jedi_5002
Rookie

^^^ He is in it, as a party member.

There is emotion as i love Bastila
There is ignorance as other people think they love Bastila too
There is passion as i want Bastila
There is chaos as everyone else wants Bastila too
There is death to anyone who tries to take Bastila from me

811 posts until I'm a Jedi Master
jedi_5002 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Telos Tourist Bureau > KOTOR II Gets Official Greenlight ***Spoilers***