lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Changing Map Types
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-06-2012, 11:55 PM   #1
Skinkie
Definately, Maybe

10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
Changing Map Types

So I downloaded the Jedi Outcast for Jedi Academy map pack and it contains two of the Jedi Outcast CTF maps ported as FFA maps. It got me wondering if there was any changes I could make to the CTF maps that I come with Jedi Academy to allow me to use them as FFA maps as well. Or are the maps basically stuck as the type they are designed for?

Just because people think what I say don't make sense, doesn't mean I don't like popsicles.
Skinkie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-07-2012, 08:10 PM   #2
jeffcorn
Rookie

Current Game: Galactic Battles
You can change any map to any mode. Whether it plays well or not is another question. Just open the pk3 with winzip or any other program and change it.
jeffcorn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-09-2012, 11:05 PM   #3
Skinkie
Definately, Maybe

10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
Hmmmm, any tips on how to edit that? I opened the pk3, and went into the maps folder, but when I open the files in Notepad++ I don't see any map type switches. I may not be using the right program for this.

Just because people think what I say don't make sense, doesn't mean I don't like popsicles.
Skinkie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-03-2012, 11:16 PM   #4
jeffcorn
Rookie

Current Game: Galactic Battles
What you need to change is in the scripts folder. There should a text document called arenas. Open it and change what you need.
jeffcorn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Help Center > Dedicated Server > Changing Map Types