lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: droideka model
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-28-2004, 10:44 PM   #81
Duncan_10158

Thanks Phunk,
with the hints you gave me, i think i can figure out how to edit the files. and experiment is my second name

and your not-roll-in-air reason is good. i gone try it out, perhaps with a slower frame rate so it doesnt roll that fast in air. and without sound. i will see.
Duncan_10158 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-28-2004, 11:30 PM   #82
DarkLord60
Something In the Way

Do you need sounds cause I got some for the destroyer droids

DarkLord60 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-28-2004, 11:43 PM   #83
Duncan_10158

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkLord60
Do you need sounds cause I got some for the destroyer droids
for the droideka we have all sounds, thanks.
Old 01-29-2004, 01:21 AM   #84
Zappa_0
JOM Director

Yea speaking of sounds...they sound great. Did you get them from the Episode 1 game for the PC?
Zappa_0 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-29-2004, 02:40 AM   #85
RenegadeOfPhunk

Quote:
Yea speaking of sounds...they sound great. Did you get them from the Episode 1 game for the PC?
...nope - sampled directly from Ep I - with a bit of editing in SoundForge

/* RenegadeOfPhunk */

OJP forums
OJP website - WIP

Movie Battles!
RenegadeOfPhunk is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-29-2004, 06:50 AM   #86
Zappa_0
JOM Director

Oh cool, I just figured that you got it through the game that came out in 1999, I think. There was a sound pack out from that game awhile back. Any way good job on the sounds, they sound great.
Old 01-29-2004, 03:20 PM   #87
DarkLord60
Something In the Way

Those sounds in the TPM game are from the movie though. LucasArts has access to LucasFilm sound Archives.

DarkLord60 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-29-2004, 08:33 PM   #88
Zappa_0
JOM Director

Yes i know that. I was just impling that there were Droideka's in the game and would be a good place to get sounds for it. But he doesnt need sounds now.
Old 01-30-2004, 12:15 AM   #89
ublazxanchat
Lurker

Looks awesome Duncan cant wait to u release it.
i cant view those last pictures u posted, and i really want to see how the model is coming along, so could u find a way to fix this?

ublazxanchat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-30-2004, 01:01 AM   #90
seks03

you can check out the beta test pictures on my site. theres 8 of them

seks03 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-30-2004, 11:17 AM   #91
Pahricida

Yeah on one of them I'm the Insane guy trying to hurt that Droideka with my tiny blaster

Nah seriously the model is great!

And excpept that animation bug when the Droideka is in air I didn't notice any major flaws on it.

Nice Job again!

Pahricida is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-30-2004, 01:41 PM   #92
RenegadeOfPhunk

seks03,

Quote from your site:

Quote:
We will be putting support for the model in of own JediMoves JA+ mod since you need a mod to have this model work right.
It would have been decent of you to at least mention the OJP in this news post, since - after all - this is where JA+ would be getting the droideka code from. (i.e. my code )

You kind of make it sound like JA+ would be adding support for the droideka through it's own efforts...

/* RenegadeOfPhunk */

OJP forums
OJP website - WIP

Movie Battles!

Last edited by RenegadeOfPhunk; 01-30-2004 at 02:32 PM.
Old 01-30-2004, 02:35 PM   #93
Duncan_10158

i tried to change the things i wrote in the post above but i got problems with two things.

i wanted to lower the shield regenaration, so i raised the value for the regenerating time. its for how long it takes to regen one of this shield counter, not the hole shield. but the problem is any setting higher then 1000 has no effect. i sett it to 10000, so it would take about 50 sec to regen the hole shield, but its still takes about 5 sec like its sett to 1000. is it possible that 1000 is the max?

the second thing, the 'mass' parameter seems to have no effect on the damage done when ramming. i lowered it, even sett it to zero, but its still an instant kill. isnt the ramming damage part of the walker code we based the droideka off? or should i sett the 'mass' below zero? it looks like there is no damage parameter, but every ramming is a sertain kill.

i also saw a bug the last time i tested it, i think its a part of the OJP basic mod. suddenly the view gets in the middle of the player model in third person view. also the saber cant be used anymore. after a respawn the view is ok again, but one of these defence balls is flying around me. its strange i never took or used that ball and it doesnt dissappear any more.
Old 01-30-2004, 04:04 PM   #94
RenegadeOfPhunk

hmmm - well it looks like the stuff that Raven stated in it's template.veh file isn't actually true / working - at least for the walker class.

..acutally, maybe they assumed the walker class wouldn't need to use the mass parameter -as they assumed walking vehicles would never be moving fast enough to warrant it.

I don't see why they wouldn't get the shieldRegen parameter working right though :/

...oh well - I'll try and take a look at both of these this weekend. Hopefully it shoudln't be a massive deal to sort...

That last bug sounds wierd as hell! I'm positive it doesn't have anything to do with my code...! I'd ask Razor if he knows anything about that...

/* RenegadeOfPhunk */

OJP forums
OJP website - WIP

Movie Battles!
Old 01-30-2004, 07:33 PM   #95
Andy867
McCan Caoma

The seekers appear when the cheats are enabled (which is obviously needed to spawn the different vehicles). We have the same problem in Asteroids. If anything, you could raise the armor up on the droideka, or perhaps null out the mass. But I am not sure about the ShieldRegen. I just noticed that the droideka's toughness is set to zero, which might explain why it cant take a direct impact hit.. try increasing it to like 10.. Also try kicking down the shield strength, which help to control the recharge.. An A-wing, which is by far stronger than a droideka is noted for only having shield strength of 200, whereas the droideka is set for having 400 shield strength. Try lowering it to like 100 (which is more realistic, since the Y-wing has a shield strength of about 600)

Shut yo face before I punch you in the mouth, break your teeth and call you Snaggle-tooth.
Andy867 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-31-2004, 12:44 AM   #96
seks03

RenegadeOfPhunk - Were thinking of adding support, its not certain. and beside if we do use it you'll get credit for the code. that is used.

Quote:
the OJP code is open source as much as i know, so everyone can use the droideka and the OJP mod code for his mods, maps or whatever.
isnt this code open source?

(thats weird, I tried using the droid deka with my mod and it worked perfect. looks like i dont have to add support after all)

Last edited by seks03; 01-31-2004 at 01:37 AM.
seks03 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-31-2004, 09:23 AM   #97
Duncan_10158

Quote:
Originally posted by Andy867
An A-wing, which is by far stronger than a droideka is noted for only having shield strength of 200, whereas the droideka is set for having 400 shield strength. Try lowering it to like 100 (which is more realistic, since the Y-wing has a shield strength of about 600)
compared to an A-wing the droideka should have a shield strength of 100, but then it would have the same shield strength like a player starts with. with a large shield battery a player can have up to 200 shield strength, the same as an A-wing. you see, i think we cant compare ground vehicles to flyable vehicles. the atst for ex. has an armor of 1500 and toughness of 75, so it has an effectiv armor of 6000, compared to a playermodel it can take 60 times more damage. i thought the droideka should have a strong shield and weaker armor, after the testing i even rised the shield strenght to 500 and the armor is now 200. the shield strength is somehow linked to the shield regen rate, if we lower it we might even have to rise the shield strenght again. i just think, cause the droideka is very slow when shooting and the shield is only active when standing still, it should be able to stand the direct fire for a few seconds. with shield strength 100 the droideka is destroyed with 4 to 5 shoots. i would like to rise that count to about 16 to 20. but the droideka is vulnerable without shields, there are 3 to 4 shoots ehought.

Quote:
Originally posted by seks03
[B]thats weird, I tried using the droid deka with my mod and it worked perfect. looks like i dont have to add support after all[B]
it worked perfect? the droideka workes without the mod, but not like it should. for example its possible to shoot while rolling, the fould in/out animations are skiped, the shield has no effect dont give any protction, its not possible to turn when standing and the guns are not liked together to two and two.

and open source doesnt mean you dont have to give any credits
to be honest i think we should share more of our work, here are to many people just thinking for them selfs. why cant we make the open source realy open? here is to much 'do ut des'!
Old 01-31-2004, 11:36 AM   #98
Zappa_0
JOM Director

Yea you all should be more openly with your work with each other. As they say two heads are better then one......well alot of head are better then one!
Old 01-31-2004, 01:36 PM   #99
hermann
Lurker

droideka shield

do you remember the shield, used by admiral fyyar in jedi outcast?
i think that this would be great for the droideka - especialy cause of the effects when you hit it.
i dont know anything about editing but maybe you are able to implemet this thing for your great model
hermann is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-31-2004, 03:26 PM   #100
Andy867
McCan Caoma

Duncan ---> Even with that Large Shield Battery, that extra 100 shields eventually ticks down to zero, leaving a person at 100 shields(assuming they havent been hit yet). And if you make the shields reflect most energy blasts, like how the space vehicles do (can repulse almost everything except the concussion rifle, the rocket launcher and like thermal grenades.

Shut yo face before I punch you in the mouth, break your teeth and call you Snaggle-tooth.
Old 01-31-2004, 06:45 PM   #101
A-WingPilot
Rookie

Can't you make a shield that grows bak up?
so like the primary bullets of manqueasas A-Wing.
A-WingPilot is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-03-2004, 03:09 PM   #102
darthdoom
Rookie

cool

i love droids con you send me a current version of you awesome destroyer droid because its so cool please or tell me when it'll be released, plus the list of commands and what they do. My address is: darthdoom@camshag.co.uk
ps:you are amazing you are the god of modeling so far to me

darthdoom
darthdoom is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-03-2004, 07:48 PM   #103
Zappa_0
JOM Director

Darth, they are still working out the bugs so I think maybe they will release it around March sometime, maybe earlier I dont know.
Old 02-04-2004, 05:54 AM   #104
darthdoom
Rookie

then can youlet me go to the BETA testing then

then can i go to the beta testing then

pretty plese

ummm when is the BETA testing

darthdoom
Old 02-04-2004, 05:58 AM   #105
keshire
Veteran

like how the space vehicles

This is in code. VH_FIGHTERS can only be damaged by heavy weapons.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
-Keshire of the Bleak Cabal.
keshire is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-04-2004, 06:08 AM   #106
darthdoom
Rookie

im just telling you what i know about driod deka,s

when rolling is very weak against heavy weapons
when standing is very slow but shield is reflectiv
for invinceability

i,v got a mod that let,s you scale your model in gameplay

so if you had cheats it would be awsome

an invinceable droideka "WOW"

darthdoom
Old 02-04-2004, 06:15 AM   #107
darthdoom
Rookie

hey why has every one got a model of the droideka

why has everyone got a droideka
and you,v got a great tester for models right here
and i,m i great fan of the droideka

ps:when is the BETA testing or is it now or whatever
i just want to know because i,m interesdid
in going to the testing of an awsome model the droideka
and it woud be so cool

darthdoom
Old 02-04-2004, 06:19 AM   #108
Andy867
McCan Caoma

Darth, here is a little bit of advise that I suggest you heed.

Good things come to those who wait

And

Please dont spam this thread.

Old 02-04-2004, 06:27 AM   #109
darthdoom
Rookie

ok i,ll stop posting for about 5 hours i,ll be back

see ya just got to go to school
for 5 hours maybe later

see ya

darthdoom
Old 02-04-2004, 12:48 PM   #110
Duncan_10158

darthdoom, we are expecting your next

Andy867, i wrote this young padawan about this request to get the droideka for testing. i told him he will surly get the chance when he honestly want to work with us and stop spamig, so i dont think he will spam on.

its the shields are reflecting some laser shots, but i thought this is only a visual effect. the vehcile is taking the same damage as it the reflection would be off. i am not sure about this. the shields are just taking a sertain amount of damage befor the health gets affected. so if a fighter has 100 shiled points it needs the same count of blaser shoots to take it down like player model with full shield. if there would be something like a shield_thoughness that reduces the damage that the shield takes, then we could have shield with same point count but different strengh. like it is now we can make this difference ony by shield points. but as i said, i am not sure about this.

btw, Andy867, did you had the time to take a look at the shader for the droideka and Hailfire you told me about? those things that the shadows doesnt look strange on it?
Old 02-04-2004, 03:19 PM   #111
darthdoom
Rookie

thank,s for the email

hi thanks for the email i sent a reply i,m realy looking forward
to seeing the advantges and the disadvantges
of a droideka in game play

darthdoom
Old 02-04-2004, 03:27 PM   #112
RenegadeOfPhunk

Quote:
its the shields are reflecting some laser shots, but i thought this is only a visual effect. the vehcile is taking the same damage as it the reflection would be off. i am not sure about this.
No, actually blaster shots really do just bounce off the shileld - in exactly the same way they bounce of the hull of an AT-ST for example.

You can stop this bouncing by altering a parameter in the .veh file.

I believe I called it something like 'AllowDamageToShields'. This needs to be set to 1 to stop the bouncing effect.

...and I know for a fact that that parameter actually does work

/* RenegadeOfPhunk */

OJP forums
OJP website - WIP

Movie Battles!
Old 02-04-2004, 03:29 PM   #113
darthdoom
Rookie

just wanted

sorry for the timeing i was a bit late for school

and also you know you are creating about 1000 projects
could you model a super battle droid

ps:i would refer to my self as a eager young master
i maybe small but yoda was small but he is awsome
with a light saber and he was a master but i,m not 999999999999999999999 years old

darthdoom
Old 02-04-2004, 03:56 PM   #114
darthdoom
Rookie

i,m sorry i,m a bit of a chater box i sent another email
duncan10158 please read itdeath is worshiped

darthdoom
Old 02-04-2004, 04:08 PM   #115
Duncan_10158

Quote:
Originally posted by RenegadeOfPhunk
No, actually blaster shots really do just bounce off the shileld - in exactly the same way they bounce of the hull of an AT-ST for example.

You can stop this bouncing by altering a parameter in the .veh file.

I believe I called it something like 'AllowDamageToShields'. This needs to be set to 1 to stop the bouncing effect.

...and I know for a fact that that parameter actually does work
thats great, so the droideka shield cant take lot more damage when people are attacking with light blasters. rockets and heavy weapons dont bounce off. great. so we i will set the droidekas shield points about the amount Andy867 suggested. the parameter i wanted to set would have been much to high. Thanks Andy and Phunk.
Old 02-04-2004, 04:23 PM   #116
darthdoom
Rookie

i,v just try,d the droideka
but there are a couple of bugs dd like to point out
shots when rolling but i don,t mind that much but still
i,m
being honest
also i ran over alora bot and once i had done that my shield started to cange colors blue,brown ext.
but the blasters are perfect they and this is only my opinyon
give a realistick afect just the right rate of fire

also i thought you could make dirent versions with diffrent weapons but you don,t have to
just a thought

i,ll just go and play with it in diffrent maps

see ya

[Edit: hey duncan i,v heard that you made a totorial for modeling if you do can you sent it to me at nicki.myers@ntlworld.com and also ive heard about a hailfire droid are you makeing one or is it just me]

[Super Mod's Note: Please use the EDIT Button to edit posts instead of spamming the boards. This is your final notice

darthdoom
Old 02-09-2004, 06:28 PM   #117
RenegadeOfPhunk

OK - I've found and sorted the ramming problem.
I've added a vehicle parameter called:

SpeedMultiplierForRamDamage

Whatever you set this to will be multiplied by the speed the vehicle is travelling at when ramming - and this will become the ram damage caused.

For the moment, I've set the droideka value to 0.1.

So this means that when the droideka is travelling at full roll (speed 500), 50 pts damage will be inflicted.
If the droideka is walking (speed 125), then 13 pts damage will be inflicted.

Did you still need me to look into this shield recharge issue Duncan? From your last post, it sounds like there may be something you realised which means the shield is OK now...?

/* RenegadeOfPhunk */

OJP forums
OJP website - WIP

Movie Battles!
Old 02-10-2004, 11:00 AM   #118
Duncan_10158

RenegadeOfPhunk, Yeah, it would be good if you take a look into the shield regenatrating thing. Andy867 was right in not setting the droideka shield points to hight, but the shield regen should take about 10 to 15 seconds from empty to full. now it takes about 2 to 4 seconds to regenerate it full, whats to fast in my oppinion. with a rocket launcher you cant destroy a droideka if its shields are regenerating that fast.

it lools like the shield regen has a max setting of 1000, if you could change that to 10000 or make it somehow work like its 10000. Thanks
Old 02-10-2004, 11:15 AM   #119
RenegadeOfPhunk

OK mate - I'll sort it out tonight

/* RenegadeOfPhunk */

OJP forums
OJP website - WIP

Movie Battles!
Old 02-10-2004, 07:13 PM   #120
RenegadeOfPhunk

OK - I've sorted the recharge thing.

...1000 ms is now REALLY slow - I reakon you want it around 100ms or so, but that's just a guess...

...I'll check this stuff in to the OJP respository shortly...

/* RenegadeOfPhunk */

OJP forums
OJP website - WIP

Movie Battles!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > Showcase forum > Modelling > droideka model