lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Lord of the rings RPG
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-04-2003, 01:15 AM   #121
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"Here we go again" Said Kent, who then followed Tepe.

Vader's wife was very pregnant when she died 19 years ago. All of a sudden a 19 year old who is very strong in the force and has a distinct resembalance to him in his younger days rolls in from Vader's home planet with his old Master Obi-Wan (Who was the ONLY other person preset at the time his wife died. And to boot, the kid's last name is Skywalker.

So in answer to your question, he knew Luke was his son because his name is Darth Vader, and not Darth Retard.

-Forum post on why Vader knew Luke was his son.
jokemaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-08-2003, 09:51 PM   #122
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Current Game: TrackMania Nations
Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
"Again?" Lightning asked curiously, looking up at Kent. She had a good little ways to look because she was standing on the ground and he was on a horse. "What do you mean "again"?"

Mom tells me I need brain food... but if writing ain't that, I don't know what is!

My work in progress:
Hidden Histories: The Galaxy Hacker

Have a read, give a review, yah?
Writer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-08-2003, 11:26 PM   #123
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"You see that" He said, pointing at the destruction they had just left, the cloak still covering most of his face swayed with teh movement. "That is what happened last time we went on the move and encountered orcs by chance. Now they're either tracking us, or we're going straight into the lion's den."

Vader's wife was very pregnant when she died 19 years ago. All of a sudden a 19 year old who is very strong in the force and has a distinct resembalance to him in his younger days rolls in from Vader's home planet with his old Master Obi-Wan (Who was the ONLY other person preset at the time his wife died. And to boot, the kid's last name is Skywalker.

So in answer to your question, he knew Luke was his son because his name is Darth Vader, and not Darth Retard.

Old 12-09-2003, 12:29 AM   #124
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"We are heading into Rohan," Lightning said, as if confident nothing terrible would happen. "They have riders going about all over the land. We will be noticed and they will send a body of horsemen to greet us... well, to find out if we are friend or foe."

She smiled slightly, but the smile vanished quickly. Suddenly, Arrandir gave a cry of surprise. He had heard Lightning speaking to Kent and had assumed that they were on the same horse. After all, who could keep up with a horse on foot? But Lightning was running next to Kent's horse, not sitting on it.

"Who are you?" Arrandir asked in awe. Lightning laughed at him.

"Did you think I was kidding when I said that my nickname came from how fast I am?" she asked, still smiling. "Now you know why I am called Lightning."

Mom tells me I need brain food... but if writing ain't that, I don't know what is!

My work in progress:

Old 12-09-2003, 12:20 PM   #125
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
"Then dodge this." Tepe sayd, shooting an arrow. He shot it next to Lightning's foot, making her stumble and fall to the ground. "You shouldn't run so fast... You can stmuble on anything you counter with" Tepe sayd and turned his horse back towards Moria. "Hmm... This can't be good..." Tepe said, jumping behind few big rocks and leading his horse there too. "Come on!! Hurry!!" He shouted to the others.

"Our posturings, our imagined self-importance,
the delusion that we have some privileged position in the universe,
are challenged by this point of pale light.
Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
In our obscurity – in all this vastness – there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.
"

- Carl Sagan

Last edited by Darth Tepe; 12-10-2003 at 05:03 PM.
Black Knight of Keno is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-09-2003, 07:28 PM   #126
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
((Lightning's a she Tepe))
Kent caught up with Tepe.
"That was too harsh. She's used to keeping up like that, not by horse."

Old 12-09-2003, 08:54 PM   #127
Flamehart
The Commander

Lance was easily confused by which direction they were going to, Rohan or Moria. Either way, he was prepared for the events that lay ahead. He thought it essential that they get to Rivendell though, as it was the safest place from Orcs that they would find.

Check out my fictional novel writing project, Immortal Judgement, at my dA page.
http://shadowwolf471.deviantart.com
Flamehart is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-09-2003, 09:01 PM   #128
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Seeing confusion on Lance's face, Lightning glanced around.

"Currently, we're making our way back toward Moria," she said, but her eyes were sparkling with laughter. "Oddly enough, I could have sworn he said we were going to Rohan. He'd better make up his mind."

My work in progress:

Old 12-09-2003, 10:28 PM   #129
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Kent went back to ride alongside Lightning.
"Do you agree with the decition?"

Old 12-10-2003, 01:16 AM   #130
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Lightning sighed. "If you mean the desicion to go to Moria, no. I still think it is foolish, but I am only following orders."

Noting some confusion in his face, Lightning continued.

"Gandalf told me that a group of people would be going to Rivendell," she said. "He wanted me to join you, thinking you might want some help."

My work in progress:

Old 12-10-2003, 05:17 PM   #131
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
The others noticed that Tepe was gone. His horse was standing next to the rocks but they couldn't see Tepe anywere.
Tepe was slaughtering few wolfriders about two hundred meters away from the rocks. He used his elf swords with great honor and his accuracy could maybe beat even the greatest elf bowmen.
Then the others heard a horn. It was first Rohirrim's horn... Then an orc-horn. Then Tepe's horn answered to the Rohirrim's horn.
Fiftyfour wolfriders came around Tepe, making a circle. Then came rohirrim and thirtytwo wolfriders extracted to slaughter the remains of Rohirrim that attacked towards them. Tepe turned around, just to see an ugly wolf, staring at him with an orc on top of it. It took few steps backwards. It was getting ready to attack quickly. Tepe looked at it, then took his bow out. In two seconds, the wolf attacked. It fell to the ground with an arrow in his head about one meter away from Tepe's feet. Tepe took his sword out again and started to slice few of the wolfriders, hoping that the reinforcmets would arrive soon.

In our obscurity – in all this vastness – there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.
"

- Carl Sagan
Old 12-10-2003, 09:38 PM   #132
Flamehart
The Commander

Lance saw the riderless horse and rode his horse to the rocks and saw the fight. Unfortunately for Lance back at the previous battle, he did not have his Ranger sword as it had broke, but now that he had his horse back, he drew the backup sword that he kept on the saddle and rode off to help Tepe. He got to the area and swung, knocking a rider off it's wolf, then turned and flung his sword into the side of the wolf, killing it. He rode over and pulled it out then turned to Tepe.

"Need some help?"

Check out my fictional novel writing project, Immortal Judgement, at my dA page.
Old 12-10-2003, 10:14 PM   #133
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Kent ran over to the rock and started firing arrows at the wolves' heads.

Old 12-13-2003, 03:14 PM   #134
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Lightning ran to join the battle, followed closely by Arrandir.

"Either way we want to go is blocked," Lightning said. "We must get out of here as fast as we possibly can."

My work in progress:

Old 12-13-2003, 03:21 PM   #135
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
"Sure" Tepe answered to lance and jumped on to one of the wolves, pushed the rider off and stabbed his both swords throught the wolf's head. Then he jumped off just before the wolf started to fall on it's side.

"

- Carl Sagan
Old 12-15-2003, 06:48 PM   #136
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"We're wasting time!" Lightning snapped. Then, she turned in the direction of Moria and started her way through. Arrandir shook his head in despair and moved to cover her back. Back to back, the two of them inched their way away from the rest of the group, forming a path that did not stay open for long.

My work in progress:

Old 12-15-2003, 06:57 PM   #137
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
"Arrandir!!! Lightning!!!" Tepe shouted and ran allmost as fast as Lightning towards an archer wolfrider. Tepe jumped and landed slicing the orc's head oof and stabbing the wolf. Then he started to fight his way to Arrandir and Lightning. When he reached them he said: "May I join you?" and started to faught with them

"

- Carl Sagan
Old 12-15-2003, 09:24 PM   #138
Flamehart
The Commander

Lance rode over on his horse and beheaded an Orc rider as he went to Lightning and Arrandir. "I'm going with you. On to Moria!"

Old 12-15-2003, 09:41 PM   #139
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Kent saw Arradir, Lightning, Tepe and Lance and rode to join them.

Old 12-15-2003, 11:14 PM   #140
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"We can't stay in one spot and fight until they are all dead!" Lightning shouted. "We must keep moving or we'll never get anywhere."

Now that they were all together again, a path toward Moria was opened much more quickly than if it had just been Arrandir and Lightning.

My work in progress:

Old 12-16-2003, 07:36 AM   #141
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
((Remember that from the Rauros-falls to Moria is many many miles!! There could never be that large of an orc army!!))

Tepe blowed to his horn and soon they all heard horses and horn's. Then flags came on top of an hill... They were the many flags of Rohan. Then about size of 1000 horseriders came behind the hill with their swords and spears out. The battle was on and the wolf riders will be dead.

"

- Carl Sagan
Old 12-16-2003, 11:18 AM   #142
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
((I dunno, the one in the two towers looked as if though it stretched for miles))

Old 12-16-2003, 01:31 PM   #143
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
((Compare: the about 100 miles from Isengard to Halm's deep and the about 600 miles from Rauros to Moria's gates. And in LOTR:TTT, the Uruk-hai army was just about 20 000 Uruk's. And still the army walked to Helm's deep in was it five or six hours.
You do the math ))

"

- Carl Sagan
Old 12-16-2003, 07:20 PM   #144
Writer
Not switching to DTV

((I didn't mean that the army stretched from here to there. Doesn't it make sense that if they saw we were going that way, they would shift to follow us? BTW, at the battle of Helm's Deep, there were 10,000 Uruk Hai))

My work in progress:

Old 12-16-2003, 11:00 PM   #145
Flamehart
The Commander

He drew his bow and arrow and knocked a wolf over, then looked to the group. "If we're going anywhere, let's go now. I'm running low on arrows, and I don't know how much longer we'll last, even with help."

Old 12-17-2003, 11:42 AM   #146
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
((Wildjedi: Saruman said that the invade of Helm's deep would take ten's of thousands orc's))

Tepe took about half of his arrows and gave them to Lance.
"There's fifty arrows... Try to relax..." Tepe said and attacked towards the biggest group of wolfriders

"

- Carl Sagan
Old 12-17-2003, 09:29 PM   #147
Flamehart
The Commander

Lance laughed at this. "Relax...right." He drew his bow and knocked one of the arrows and let it fly, knocking over another wolf.

Old 12-18-2003, 11:42 AM   #148
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Kent kept shooting arrows at the wolfriders, finally he took out his sword and rode out against them. He impaled and orc with his sword and then used the body, still impaled on the sword, to block some arrows from another wolfrider. He then shoved the body off the sword and threw it in front of another wolfrider, startling the wolf.

Old 12-18-2003, 04:21 PM   #149
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
In two hours, the wolfriders were killed and so was many of Rohan's horsemen that came to the "rescue".
Tepe cleaned his swords and mounted. "Let's go... Do you want to come with us?" Tepe asked from the horsmen that said yes eventually. Tepe had enought arrows and so did the others. Everyone that hadn't a bow, got one from the wolfriders. Those hwo had, took arrows from the wolfriders. Tepe rode on to a hill and looked the mountains that held Moria inside them...

"

- Carl Sagan
Old 12-18-2003, 09:09 PM   #150
Flamehart
The Commander

"After Moria, we head to Rivendell, correct?" Lance wondered. He had specific business there, dealing with a sword that he had not yet drawn from its sheath.

Old 12-19-2003, 09:59 AM   #151
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
"If we get out of Moria alive, yes..." Tepe said and thinked: "I need to talk with Hidrαim... He should know that his son is dead... I woved that I would keep him alive until we would arrive to Lorien..."
Tepe looked the others that were ready and tapped his horse on the head twice. "Are you coming or not..." Tepe said when his horse started to run like it would flee from a forest fire

"

- Carl Sagan
Old 12-19-2003, 11:35 AM   #152
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Kent rode out with Tepe, catching up quickly.

Old 12-19-2003, 08:44 PM   #153
Flamehart
The Commander

Lance went over to Tepe and dismounted his horse. He spoke quietly to it and within seconds it took off. "On to Moria." He said to the group.

Old 12-20-2003, 11:57 PM   #154
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Lightning stood for a moment, thinking about the horses.

"We cannot take the horses into Moria," she finally said. "While we could pass through, there are some paths that are to narrow for horses."

My work in progress:

Old 12-21-2003, 01:39 AM   #155
Flamehart
The Commander

Lance looked at Lightning. "The horses themselves fear Moria, they wouldn't go in even if we tried to force them."

Old 12-21-2003, 06:59 AM   #156
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
Tepe stopped his horse and turned it.
"That's too easy to solve... The horses will go to Loriιn..." He said and looked the others "So, we going?"

"

- Carl Sagan
Old 12-21-2003, 11:13 PM   #157
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"That will not do," Lightning objected. "You will need the horses on the other side."

Then an idea struck her.

"Do you want me to run ahead when we reach the other side and bring horses back?"

((Who is leading the Rohirrim? Is it Eomer or Theodred? Either way, Lightning will have a secret talk with him... it has something to do with who she really is and Arrandir will overhear some of it. The others will learn at Rivendell where she will tell her full story to anyone who is there. Whatever way it goes, I still need to know if it's Eomer or Theodred.))

My work in progress:

Old 12-22-2003, 07:18 AM   #158
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
((It's Theodred in lead of Rohirrim for now))
"Ok, whatever you like Lightning..." Tepe answered and looked the big gates of Moria

"

- Carl Sagan
Old 12-23-2003, 12:38 AM   #159
Writer
Not switching to DTV

((Thanks! )

Lightning continued to keep up with the others in silence until they stopped for a rest. As they stopped she was approached by Theodred.

"Excuse me," he said and she turned to face him. "Might I have a word with you?"

She nodded her agreement and he dismounted his horse, leaving it with the group to go walking with Lightning.

"If it's not to bold to ask," he finally said, "who are you?"

Lightning smiled and asked, "Have you not heard my name? I am Lightning."

"But lightning is a thing that strikes the earth from the sky," Theodred objected. "It is not a real name, but a nickname. It is what you are called because you run instead of ride... I would imagine from your name that you could run faster than a horse and for that I must assume that you have some Elven blood in you, for it does not tire you to run like this."

"You assume correctly," Lightning replied smiling. The smile faded as she remembered some of the things she had been through in her life.

"Then how old are you now?" he demanded, but Lightning simply laughed at him.

"Old enough to call you young," she replied. This was not enough for him.

"Then you will not tell me?" he questioned.

"No!" she replied. "I will not."

"Then we will turn to other matters," he said. "Your sword, for instance."

She stared at him. "Go on."

"I know that sword and it will do you no good to deny it," he said.

"I do not deny it," she replied. "Where have you seen it?"

"In books, but it was always pictured with a ring," he answered. She held up her hand.

"This ring?" she questioned. He stared in wonder and finally nodded.

"Then I am your servant," he said, but Lightning shook her head.

"You are not until I claim my past as my own," she replied. "For now, I will leave you to your country."

He frowned, but nodded and began to walk away. Lightning stopped him.

"You must speak of this conversation to no one," she said. He frowned.

"But my father must know that you exist," he objected. She gripped him by his breastplate and drew him down to her eye level, forcing him to stare into her eyes.

"You will speak of this to no one," she repeated, this time more firmly. He backed away as if in a trance.

"I will speak of this to no one," he said, his voice dull.

"Speak of what?" Arrandir asked. He had heard most of the conversation, but was unsure of what had happened.

"Nothing," Theodred replied, his voice recovering. "We just had a little chat about Rohan. Lightning was curious to know how things were going. She used to live there, you know."

He left to join the group, but Arrandir frowned and stopped Lightning as she tried to follow him.

"Who are you and what did you do to Theodred," he demanded. Lightning calmly peeled Arrandir's hand off her arm and stared him in the eyes. Suddenly, he felt as if he would obey and believe anything she said.

As quickly as the feeling came over him, it passed and Lightning laughed.

"Do you not know me?" she asked. "I am Lightning."

"So you say," he replied, "but don't you think it is time to tell us who you really are?"

The feeling of trust in Lightning came over Arrandir again.

"All will be revealed when we reach Rivendell," she said. "In Imladris, the house of Elrond HalfElven, you will know who I am. Until then, you will know me as you already do, for that is enough."

"I comply," Arrandir said, feeling as if he could not say anything else. Then, the two of them returned to the group, realizing that they were beginning to move again.

My work in progress:

Old 12-23-2003, 02:57 PM   #160
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
Tepe had walked to some rocks to think. He thinked about the ring's, Sauron, all the evil and all if the signs that would lead towards a big war... Allmost like the one at the black gates many many years ago. Then he saw that everyone was getting ready so he walked to the others.

"

- Carl Sagan
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Star Wars Roleplaying > Lord of the rings RPG