lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Lord of the rings RPG
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-23-2003, 08:55 PM   #161
Flamehart
The Commander

((Out of curiosity, do Legolas, Gimli, and Aragorn even exist in this story? Just wondering))
Lance took one last look over the horizon, then turned and joined the rest of the group as they prepared to face Moria.

Check out my fictional novel writing project, Immortal Judgement, at my dA page.
http://shadowwolf471.deviantart.com
Flamehart is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-23-2003, 09:18 PM   #162
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
((Maybe they do... Maybe they dont... We'll see it when the story evolves like I said in the beginning))

"Our posturings, our imagined self-importance,
the delusion that we have some privileged position in the universe,
are challenged by this point of pale light.
Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
In our obscurity – in all this vastness – there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.
"

- Carl Sagan
Black Knight of Keno is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-23-2003, 11:04 PM   #163
Flamehart
The Commander

((Well I need to know cuz it depends on if they exist or not what happens to my char))

Check out my fictional novel writing project, Immortal Judgement, at my dA page.
Old 12-24-2003, 08:50 AM   #164
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
((Well if we think that we got this far in about three month's, Frodo would be now in Bree if we look it from the movies. So... When we get to Rivendell, Frodo is attacked by the nazguls and so on. So, they do exist. This RP is looking to be sliding to become one part of the books/movies ))

In our obscurity – in all this vastness – there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.
"

- Carl Sagan
Old 12-24-2003, 04:55 PM   #165
Flamehart
The Commander

((Meh, I personally think this'd be better if it was our own version of the story, I mean characters like Gandalf, Eomer, Faramir, etc. can still exist because they're still important to the story, but the trio can easily be replaced by our chars))

Old 12-26-2003, 04:46 PM   #166
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Current Game: TrackMania Nations
Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
"It saddens me that we come here," Lightning muttered, heard only by Arrandir. "This way should be shut, but none would collapse the mountain for the dwarves seek to come back."

"Indeed," Arrandir agreed. "If the halls of Moria were to be collapsed, those who did it would face the axes of the dwarves."

"Tepe," Lightning called. "I do not want to hear any noise while we are in Moria. The only noise that is to be heard will be that which is necessary."

Mom tells me I need brain food... but if writing ain't that, I don't know what is!

My work in progress:
Hidden Histories: The Galaxy Hacker

Have a read, give a review, yah?
Writer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-26-2003, 05:24 PM   #167
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
"Ok, Lightning" Tepe said and runned to speak with Rohirrim.
"Rohirrim! Listen up!! Remove any noisy armor's and take only what is really necessary!!" Tepe command's and looks at Lightning. "Leave your horse's... They won't survive in there" Tepe says and walks to the gates.

"

- Carl Sagan
Old 12-26-2003, 06:26 PM   #168
Writer
Not switching to DTV

((We're coming from the side the Fellowship came out from, right? So the gates on this side are open, right?))

Lightning watched carefully as the men from Rohan removed their armor. She sighed when a few of them removed their swords as well.

"While it is hoped we will not meet any resistance," she told them, "it would still be best to hang on to your swords."

When they were finally ready to enter, Lightning walked calmly to the front of the company, followed closely by Arrandir.

"It is not my desire to enter," she said softly.

"But Moria must face us," Arrandir replied. Lightning nodded wordlessly and passed through the doorway.

Mom tells me I need brain food... but if writing ain't that, I don't know what is!

My work in progress:

Old 12-26-2003, 06:53 PM   #169
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
((Hmm... When we arrived to the gate's, There was no fellowship yet. Frodo and co. would be now in Bree. ))

Tepe light's a torch and looks some words on the gate's.
It is dark allready.

"

- Carl Sagan
Old 12-26-2003, 07:40 PM   #170
Writer
Not switching to DTV

((I mean that we're coming from the direction of Rohan... not where the fellowship entered, so the gates on this side are open for anyone to enter. On the other side, the gates are closed. We have to push them open. That is the side the fellowship entered from. In other words, all we have to do is walk in, which is what I did.))

My work in progress:

Old 12-26-2003, 09:32 PM   #171
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
((Whatever...))

Tepe soon joined the others. He got ready with his bow and looked the rohirrim that took their swords out very silently.

"

- Carl Sagan
Old 12-27-2003, 02:25 PM   #172
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Kent readied an arrow in his bow silently.

Vader's wife was very pregnant when she died 19 years ago. All of a sudden a 19 year old who is very strong in the force and has a distinct resembalance to him in his younger days rolls in from Vader's home planet with his old Master Obi-Wan (Who was the ONLY other person preset at the time his wife died. And to boot, the kid's last name is Skywalker.

So in answer to your question, he knew Luke was his son because his name is Darth Vader, and not Darth Retard.

-Forum post on why Vader knew Luke was his son.
jokemaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-27-2003, 10:27 PM   #173
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Lightning walked silently ahead of the others, followed closely by Arrandir. Neither of them felt any need to draw their weapons.

"With any luck," Lightning said quietly, "we can pass through unnoticed. However, the orcs living here have keen senses. It is doubtful they will not hear us. We will go on slowly and silently until we can be sure they know we are here. Then we must use our speed."

Even as it was, the orcs did not learn of the company until they were very near the other end and then it was by accident. One of the men from Rohan tripped over a bone and fell with a shout. He had been one to have his sword out and his sword sprang out of his hand, clattering against the stone floor.

"We have made it further than I had hoped," Lightning said, helping the man up. "Take your sword. They know we are here now, but we must not stay here, waiting for them to make a move."

Then, she heard the noise of the orcs rushing to get them from behind.

"Now is the time for speed!" she shouted. "We must get out of here."

The group began to run, but it was difficult because they had to descend several flights of stairs. Finally, just as they had reached the front gates, the orcs overtook them. Lightning lept forward and thrust the gates open by hand and they opened silently outward. The sun was shining merrily.

"Out into the sun!" Lightning called. "We must get away from here."

As she was speaking, the large lake behind her began to ripple as if a stone had been tossed into it. Many arms lept out of the water, taking hold of some of the Rohirrim.

My work in progress:

Old 12-28-2003, 09:01 PM   #174
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Kent shot a couple of the arms, and managed to get those men out of the water, then he shot at the water from where he thought the arms were coming from.

Vader's wife was very pregnant when she died 19 years ago. All of a sudden a 19 year old who is very strong in the force and has a distinct resembalance to him in his younger days rolls in from Vader's home planet with his old Master Obi-Wan (Who was the ONLY other person preset at the time his wife died. And to boot, the kid's last name is Skywalker.

So in answer to your question, he knew Luke was his son because his name is Darth Vader, and not Darth Retard.

Old 12-28-2003, 10:29 PM   #175
weiderudare
Veteran

Manón, who were at the end of the group, turned around and sent a flash of light towards the orcs. Then he drew his sword and started slaying the orcs as they come near him.

You can't say that civilization isn't in progress, because in every war, they kill you in a new way
weiderudare is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-29-2003, 09:22 AM   #176
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
"May I join you Manón" Tepe asked, putting his bow and arrow away and taking his swords out.

"

- Carl Sagan
Old 12-29-2003, 09:32 AM   #177
weiderudare
Veteran

"Of course"
Manón looked back for a second, just to see that only half of the men of Rohan had stepped out of Moria.
"We are in a trap!"

You can't say that civilization isn't in progress, because in every war, they kill you in a new way
weiderudare is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-29-2003, 09:45 AM   #178
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
They heard some huge footstep's coming closer.
Tepe stopped slaying the orc's.
"You hear that... They have a ****ing cavetroll"

"

- Carl Sagan
Old 12-29-2003, 10:29 PM   #179
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Kent quickly rode farther away from the lake, closely followed by the surviving men of Rohan closeley followed him.
"LET'S GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE."

Old 01-02-2004, 03:16 AM   #180
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Lightning agreed and lept over to slam the gates shut.

"Arrandir!" she called and he grabbed the other side. They slammed the gates closed just as a party of orcs rushed forward to attack.

"This must be the beast I've heard of," Arrandir said, eyeing the arms coming from the water. "We cannot overpower it now. We must flee."

"GET OUT OF THIS CREATURE'S REACH!!" Lightning yelled. She turned to run, but the creature grasped her leg as she ran. With a cry of rage, Theodred sprang forward and chopped off the arm holding Lightning.

"I must save the one who could rule my country," he said. She smiled as he set her down.

"Speak no more of it," she said. He nodded and frowned.

"I dread the thought of Rohan being overrun by these vile orcs," he said. "Do I have permission to return to my country's aid?"

"Although it is not my decision, I would imagine that Tepe wouldn't mind," Lightning said. "Even so, you'd better ask just in case."

"Tepe!" Theodred called as they fled the creature. "I must return to the aid of my country. Those who remain of my company must come with me."

"The remaining forces in Rohan will not be enough to hold these orcs back," Lightning put in. Suddenly, Tepe felt some kind of influence on his mind. He wanted to grant this request.

((Tepe, I have made it so you can still decide which way you want it to go, but I must let you know something. The influence on your mind was from Lightning. She is more powerful than it seems, so if you do choose to keep the Rohirrim with us, it will mean that you have an incredibly strong mind. Not saying that you don't even if you let them go.

My work in progress:

Old 01-02-2004, 03:18 AM   #181
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Lightning agreed and lept over to slam the gates shut.

"Arrandir!" she called and he grabbed the other side. They slammed the gates closed just as a party of orcs rushed forward to attack.

"This must be the beast I've heard of," Arrandir said, eyeing the arms coming from the water. "We cannot overpower it now. We must flee."

"GET OUT OF THIS CREATURE'S REACH!!" Lightning yelled. She turned to run, but the creature grasped her leg as she ran. With a cry of rage, Theodred sprang forward and chopped off the arm holding Lightning.

"I must save the one who could rule my country," he said. She smiled as he set her down.

"Speak no more of it," she said. He nodded and frowned.

"I dread the thought of Rohan being overrun by these vile orcs," he said. "Do I have permission to return to my country's aid?"

"Although it is not my decision, I would imagine that Tepe wouldn't mind," Lightning said. "Even so, you'd better ask just in case."

"Tepe!" Theodred called as they fled the creature. "I must return to the aid of my country. Those who remain of my company must come with me."

"The remaining forces in Rohan will not be enough to hold these orcs back," Lightning put in. Suddenly, Tepe felt some kind of influence on his mind. He wanted to grant this request.

((Tepe, I have made it so you can still decide which way you want it to go, but I must let you know something. The influence on your mind was from Lightning. She is more powerful than it seems, so if you do choose to keep the Rohirrim with us, it will mean that you have an incredibly strong mind. Not saying that you don't even if you let them go.

My work in progress:

Old 01-02-2004, 05:36 PM   #182
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
"If that is your wish my friend... You should leave the group two miles from Rivendell and cross the mountains by a path..." Tepe answered and looked Lightning like Tepe would know something about him that even herself didn't know.

((Wildjedi, NO GODMODING!!))

"

- Carl Sagan
Old 01-02-2004, 05:45 PM   #183
Writer
Not switching to DTV

((Wasn't trying to... sorry. I did tell you that it was still your choice. Tepe is strong enough to resist Lightning's power, especially since she rarely uses it and is not very good at it yet.))

Lightning returned Tepe's gaze in silence, realizing that he knew what she had attempted. She smacked herself inwardly, reminding herself not to do anything like that with these people again.

(Is that better?))

My work in progress:

Old 01-02-2004, 06:06 PM   #184
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
((Much better Thanks))

Rohirrim went their own path and the rest arrived in Rivendell.
"I must see Hidráim... You go where you go... We will meet again... But goodbye for now" Tepe sayd and he went to meet Hidráim in a big house.

"

- Carl Sagan
Old 01-03-2004, 06:45 PM   #185
Flamehart
The Commander

(Sorry, totally forgot I was in this RPG)

"At last.. Rivendell.." He thought to himself. He followed the group into the great house and handed a sheath and the sword to one of the elves, spoke quietly in elvish to him, then continued with the group.

Old 01-04-2004, 03:22 AM   #186
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"Valwen!" a clear voice rang out from one of the buildings. Lightning smiled and abruptly detached herself from the rest of the group.

"Another nickname of mine," she explained as she left.

"It is about time, you returned, Valwen," Arwen said in Elvish. Lightning responded in kind.

"I am happy to return," she said.

My work in progress:

Old 01-04-2004, 02:57 PM   #187
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Kent just followed along with the group. He didn't have many friends in all Middle Earth, let alone here. He had fought alongside some of these people, and stayed there a few times, but nothing more.

Old 01-05-2004, 10:57 AM   #188
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
Tepe looked the group. "Ok, you should stay out here..." he saud and the group stopped. Tepe walked inside and soon he walked out. "Ok, you should now go to a tavern nearby and get some resting..." Tepe lookes up as the sun was going down. Then he walked to Elrond's house.

"

- Carl Sagan
Old 01-05-2004, 10:59 PM   #189
Writer
Not switching to DTV

((Are Aragorn and the hobbits in Rivendell yet?))

Lightning spent a lot of time with Arwen while they were in Rivendell. It seemed that the two had known each other for a while.

Arrandir on the other hand spent much of his time alone, wandering near the Shards of Narsil every once in a while. During one of these times, he ran into Lightning, for once alone. They spoke quietly for a while. She showed him her ring and sword, telling him who she really was and he shared why he had been cast out from Osgiliath. They agreed to keep silent about these things until the council Elrond was planning.

My work in progress:

Old 01-06-2004, 12:49 AM   #190
Flamehart
The Commander

There was always sounds of banging of a hammer on steel heard by anyone who was near the "Smithy." Lance knew why, but he spoke of it to no one, and simply said he didn't know when anyone asked if he had any idea.

Old 01-06-2004, 10:00 AM   #191
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
Tepe talked to Elrond for many hours. When he left, he walked to the shards of Narsil and looked at them. "This sword... Much memories about it..." Tepe sayd to himself and then someone touched his shoulder. He turned around and saw Aragorn. They started to talk about his travel from Bree. Then they walked towards Elrond's house because the meeting was starting in any minute now.

((Yes, they are ))

"

- Carl Sagan
Old 01-06-2004, 01:05 PM   #192
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Kent walked down the streets alone, suddenly he heard a voice.
"HEY! You no-good, gold hoarding, silver-stealing COWARD!" Yelled a voice.
Kent slowly turned around, and was suprised by who he saw:
"JIMMY!?"
"How you doing Kent?"
"Fine, what's going on?"
"There's a meeting at Elrond's house"

Old 01-06-2004, 04:38 PM   #193
Flamehart
The Commander

Lance came up behind Aragorn and Tepe. He tapped Aragorn on his left, then moved to the right. Aragorn, however, turned to the right anyway. Lance said, "Good to see you, Strider, what brings you to Rivendell?"

Old 01-06-2004, 11:35 PM   #194
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Kent and Jimmy went to Elrond's house, and Jimmy got Kent into the meeting. They didn't greet anyone, but silently watched everything.

Old 01-07-2004, 01:57 AM   #195
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Lightning and Arrandir slipped into the council quietly and took their seats. Lightning's eyes rested on Aragorn and it was not long before he noticed her staring at him. He nodded his greeting, wondering what interested her so much. She returned the greeting and looked to Elrond as if wondering when the council would begin.

My work in progress:

Old 01-07-2004, 12:04 PM   #196
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
The group had taken their seats and Tepe looked at Lightning, then at Gandalf and for the last, the little hobbit sitting next to Gandalf. The council started and Elrond started to talk

"

- Carl Sagan
Old 01-07-2004, 11:34 PM   #197
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Kent saw Tepe looking at Gandalf, and he noticed the hobbit sitting next to Gandalf. A hobbit in Rivendell? Very unusual.

Old 01-08-2004, 04:39 AM   #198
Writer
Not switching to DTV

“We have come because of a threat,” Elrond said, “but we cannot properly deal with it unless we know each other. Arrandir and Lightning will start.”

Lightning and Arrandir stood and Lightning held out her hand and Arrandir took it, looking down at it.

"What do you see?" she asked.

"I see a ring," he replied.

"Describe it," she ordered.

"It is a plain silver band," he replied, looking into her face. "I have looked at it before."

For a brief second, Lightning covered her one hand with the other. Then she commanded Arrandir to look again.

"It is not plain, is it?" she said.

"No, it is not," he replied. "Nine diamonds encircle a single green stone."

"Do you recognize it?" she asked. Aragorn leaned forward, seeming greatly surprised. Arrandir nodded. "And what of the sword?"

She drew it from its sheath and handed it to him. Again, Aragorn leaned forward with interest to hear Arrandir’s reply.

"Black. Its sharpened blade represents only half of its total length, but most of the hilt slides into the sheath. It is crowned with two horses, nose to nose."

"Tell me what it means to you," she ordered.

"You are the tenth generation exile of the Forgotten Family of Rohan."

"My name is Atalanta," she said as if in agreement. "My family was once the ruling family of Rohan. We were exiled ten generations ago on account of gealousy. I, being the tenth generation since the exile, have the power to reclaim that throne, but from what I see, I do not want it. Theoden is a good king and his son, Theodred will follow his father's footsteps."

"Thank you for your secret," Arrandir said. Then, with a halting voice he explained how he and Boromir had come to a disagreement and begun to fight. Boromir had made the first blow, but he was the son of the Steward. Therefore, it had been Arrandir who was cast out.

"Thank you for your secret," Lightning said. With that, they took their seats once more.

My work in progress:

Old 01-08-2004, 12:12 PM   #199
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Kent wasn't suprised by her identity, especially after seeing the Riders of Rohan accompany them for so long.

Old 01-08-2004, 12:37 PM   #200
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
Tepe stood up. "I am Tepe Greenforest, son of Thingár" he sayd and looked at Aragorn. Aragorn stood up infront of him.
"Aragorn, do you know me?"Tepe asked "Yes, You are Tepe Greenforest, son of Thingár and ruler of all Vanyar in Middle-earth. Your necklace is the great necklace of the dwarves. You have your sword, Mithmîr hidden in Rivendell"Aragorn explained "You said enought... Sit my friend." Tepe sayd and turned to see Elrond. "You have my sword Elrond... I have came to have it..."Tepe sayd and Elrond took a sword in it's sheet rapped in a elven cape. Tepe took it kneeling down. He stood back up and drew the cape off from the sword after turned to see the others. Few dwarves, Elf's and Men allmost shouted the name of the sword, seeing the sword that had drawn out from it's sheat and it's grey jewel was glowing bright(Mithmîr means Grey jewel, so dont panick ).
Tepe put the sheat and the sword under the cape and sat down.
He looked at Atalanta, knowing much about her that she revealed.
His eyes turned to Elrond.

"

- Carl Sagan
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Star Wars Roleplaying > Lord of the rings RPG