lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Ethics of Pheromones?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-14-2003, 03:09 PM   #1
ShockV1.89
Gen Mo'Kai

Ethics of Pheromones?

Ok, so I stumbled on a website advertising bottled human pheromones (sp?). The purpose of these pheromones is to increase your attraction level. That meaning, if you are wearing them, the opposite sex will find you more attractive, you will appear more sexually appealing, and, basically, you're more likely to get lucky.

Ok, ignore that this is probably a hoax. Let's just assume for a minute that these things work.

Is it ethical? After all, it is supposedly something we secrete naturally. This is just a higher concentration.

Would you be unfairly bending a persons will towards your own ends? Keep in mind, if these work, then some of these people wouldn't so much as give you the time of day. Furthermore, they are unaware of the influence that the pheromones have had on them.

Are these any better than drugs you might slip in someones drink to make them more sexually aroused? The end is the same in both cases, and the person being affected is unaware they are being chemically influenced.

Discuss. Your opinions?

"Not all one pleads can be granted. But a good hearing soothes the heart." -The Instruction of Ptah-hotep.

"So here I go, it's my shot. Feet fail me not. This may be the only opportunity that I got..." -Eminem
ShockV1.89 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-15-2003, 03:38 PM   #2
Master_Keralys
Forumite

Highly unethical. What's the difference between this and a date rape drug? Not much, because while it is possible to resist pheromones (anyone remember Shadows of the Empire and Xizor) it is incredibly difficult. Especially if it's a woman that is using the pheromones; men are naturally more inclined that way anyway. It's just flat out wrong.

Master_Keralys is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Senate Chambers > Ethics of Pheromones?