lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Official or not?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-15-2003, 02:39 AM   #1
Darth Kaan

Official or not?

Is the map editor available for download on Jediknight.net the official release or not?

I'm asking because there are a lot of missing shader textures...

What gives?

Darth Kaan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-15-2003, 03:41 AM   #2
Emon
Strong Bad's Henchman

Double check where you told the installer your JA\GameData directory was.

Clarionet, n. An instrument of torture operated by a person with cotton in his ears. There are two instruments that are worse than a clarionet -- two clarionets.
Emon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-15-2003, 08:22 AM   #3
Darth Kaan

Directories are right.

The editor shader images are a black and red square that has "missing" written on them.

I'm not the only one experiencing this, I just wanted to know if this was the "official release" of the editor or not.

Old 10-15-2003, 09:24 AM   #4
Chriswok

kinda related, that happen with Elite Force too, never did find out why though, haha

cook, or cook not, there is no fry.
Chriswok is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-15-2003, 11:18 AM   #5
Darth Kaan

I am far from impressed with this "Official version". It's installed correctly and pointing to the right directory, shaderlist.txt is in shaders folder, etc, etc. The surface inspector sucks, ALL water shader textures and several others are missing.

Funny how everyone said JK2Radiant sucked. I went back to using it and everything works fine now. I thought GTK was supposed to be much better...

Old 10-15-2003, 11:21 AM   #6
GothiX
Ocean Soul

Go to http://www.qeradiant.com/ and download it from there.
Also, you wouldn't happen to rununder Linux?

GothiX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-15-2003, 12:49 PM   #7
Darth Kaan

Hey Goth, thanks again man!

Nope I run Win XP Pro.

I re-installed with the download from QERadiant.com and still the same thing, no water shader textures just the black and red boxes that say "Shader file Missing".

Last edited by Darth Kaan; 10-15-2003 at 01:37 PM.
Old 10-15-2003, 05:12 PM   #8
Greymon
Rookie

Darth Kaan, you're not understanding what gtkradiant does. Those shaders arent provided with the editors. They come from the game. Only the system shaders and a few others were provided with gtkradiant I believe. gtkradiant only provides the shaders that Raven gave to the radiant team to include with the download.

The reason those shader images are missing is because they call for an image that the game did not provide. They will be missing in ANY editor. Its not a problem with gtkradiant.
Greymon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-15-2003, 05:55 PM   #9
Darth Kaan

Quote:
Originally posted by Greymon
Darth Kaan, you're not understanding what gtkradiant does. Those shaders arent provided with the editors. They come from the game. Only the system shaders and a few others were provided with gtkradiant I believe. gtkradiant only provides the shaders that Raven gave to the radiant team to include with the download.

The reason those shader images are missing is because they call for an image that the game did not provide. They will be missing in ANY editor. Its not a problem with gtkradiant.
Dude I certainly do understand what GTK does and how to use shaders. What I was asking, is why they were missing. If others had posted they were having the same problem, then I would have known that was indeed the case and not a problem elsewhere.

I have to muse over why there would be that many shaders referencing textures that are not in the game and the fact that Gothic X said ALL OF THEM show for him.

Old 10-16-2003, 03:09 PM   #10
Wa'es
Rookie

Are there any spaces in the FULL PATH to your Jedi Academy installation folder? If so, you probably need to get rid of those (i.e. reinstall). Otherwise, you may need to correct the path to your JA installation within GTK radiant. Look in the Preferences for this.
Wa'es is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-16-2003, 03:55 PM   #11
GothiX
Ocean Soul

I believe Kaan already fixed it.

GothiX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-16-2003, 04:27 PM   #12
shukrallah
White Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Darth Kaan
Funny how everyone said JK2Radiant sucked. I went back to using it and everything works fine now. I thought GTK was supposed to be much better...
Its not really better, it just has a few extra items. But anyways... ill probably have to use JK2 radiant for JA, considering i dont think they are releasing a JA radiant, and GTK just simply wont run.
shukrallah is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-16-2003, 05:01 PM   #13
WadeV1589
Veteran

Quote:
and GTK just simply wont run.
Have you posted your problems here for us all to try and help you get it to run?

StargateMods.com - collaborating all the Stargate mods out there.

SG4RealJA - get a bit of SG realism!
SGEgyptJA - flying and dialing a gate only to be killed by it!
WadeV1589 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-16-2003, 11:06 PM   #14
Darth Kaan

Quote:
Originally posted by lukeskywalker1
Its not really better, it just has a few extra items. But anyways... ill probably have to use JK2 radiant for JA, considering i dont think they are releasing a JA radiant, and GTK just simply wont run.
Give the guys here a chance to help you get it going. They helped me and it's working fine now.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > JA Mapping > Official or not?