lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: The cost of disguised safety.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-16-2003, 05:42 PM   #1
Tyrion
nothing is real

Location: no one I think is in my tree, I mean it must be high or low
LF Jester Forum Veteran 
The cost of disguised safety.

So I was up late one night, and watched All in the Family. Archie was mugged by a robber, and then was later arrested, then set to see a pre-trial to see if he would get fined for using Pepper Spray against the robber. The robber himself was caught, but let go because of the police giving him his rights in English, which the robber didnt understand. So Archie told his story, and would get 7 years in prison for using his Pepper Spray. Eventually, since the police officer didnt have a search warrant for Archie, Archie was able to be dismissed. The judge then said it was because it was for the innocent's civil rights that both the robber and Archie was dismissed.

Which then lead me to a thought. Look at the U.S. government. Look at the Patriot Act. You've heard about there now being racial profiling, and how innocent arabs have been put in a solitary hell for 6 months, only because they looked suspicious. Has the cost for "security" been worth it?

Terrorist attacks arent that deadly to the individual towns and cities. You have a much better chance of dying from an armed robber, than to be blown up from a bomb from a terrorist group. But has the government put as much money into protecting the streets as it's done for the country? Nope.

We've lost alot of freedom from the Act. You can now be searched without a warrant, and even arrested without a lawyer or even a trial. Guess innocent until proven guilty doesnt matter in the home of the free, huh?

Tyrion is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-16-2003, 11:47 PM   #2
Lime-Light
Umpalumpa

The Patriot Act has brought no security whatsoever to this country.

The terrorist attacks succeded in full. Fear is rampant and freedom has vanished. Worst of all, though, is that all this terrorism bull**** allows Bush to do whatever the hell he wants (Iraq), with no one to answer to, because the media can't report past the inside of thier ass now that all mainstream news is banked by corporations that would rather have the current government stay in power.

I find it rolling-on-the-floor-gouging-my-eyes-out-funny that the government can preach to us that the rest of the world hates us because of our freedoms while they take them away. And most absolutely hilarious of all, the poeple believe it.

(Hey Tyrion! I don't know if you remember me, but almost a year ago we had a spam-fest in the swamp to get a 1000. I've been gone awhile)

YOU ARE DEPRIVING SOME VILLAGE OF ITS IDIOT.
"Theres two ways to go through life. Question nothing, or question everything. Either way, you free yourself from thinking."
Orbiting roughly 92 million away from a yellow sun in the Western Spiral of the galaxy is an utterly insignificant little blue-green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea. 42.
Lime-Light is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-18-2003, 02:34 AM   #3
Darth Eggplant
Ambassador MOZ

you can have peace or freedom, not both

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity, lick once and you suck forever
Darth Eggplant is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Senate Chambers > The cost of disguised safety.