lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: "elevator in the floor"
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-16-2003, 10:14 PM   #1
Altus_Thrawn

"elevator in the floor"

I am having trouble in my map. What I have is a tall tower, and there is an elevator in the middle. When you step in the elevator it whisks you up to the roof, and you step off. You would then duel there. However, when dueling I dont want you duelers to fall through the elevator shaft. I was thinking of using a door there with a small switch on the roof, but is there a way to make doors stay closed until you hit the button again, not just have a long timer?

When all is said and done, more is said than done.

Thanks to ZeeMan for the sig!
Altus_Thrawn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-16-2003, 10:47 PM   #2
Zer0-L0giC
Raven Software

First, you want to select the parts of your func_door, hit n, and give them a key called "team" and a value of "group_1" (Giving the door the team key makes all of the parts of your func_door move together at the same time, if you only have a door with one part, then don't add this) Next, give them another key called "targetname" and a value of "group_1" Now what you want to do is make a trigger_multiple surrounding the area you want the door button to be. Give the trigger_multiple a key called "target" and a value of "group_1" Then check the "use_button" spawnflag box. This will make it so the door can only be opened if someone is in this trigger and pushes their use button. Good luck.

~Mike "Zer0-L0giC" Majernik
Zer0-L0giC is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-16-2003, 10:50 PM   #3
Altus_Thrawn

That is good for when you are at the top dueling, but you wouldnt be able to get there because the doors at the top of the elevator shaft would be closed.

When all is said and done, more is said than done.

Thanks to ZeeMan for the sig!
Altus_Thrawn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-16-2003, 11:08 PM   #4
Zer0-L0giC
Raven Software

So clone the trigger brush and put it on the other side of the door, so when you go up to the top from the bottom, you push use and opens it....

Old 10-16-2003, 11:09 PM   #5
Zer0-L0giC
Raven Software

Or..do what I said in my last post, but take of the use_button spawnflag so when you go up the elevator from the bottom, it automatically opens it for you when you go into the trigger.

Old 10-17-2003, 04:46 AM   #6
aaw*s.n.a.f.u.*
Rookie

or even just expand the size of the use spawn flag brush to the other side of the door were the elevator comes up so u have to push ur use button for both sides

.......forgive them for they no not what they do
aaw*s.n.a.f.u.* is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > JA Mapping > "elevator in the floor"