lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Crisis of the Worlds
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-26-2004, 02:28 AM   #561
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

10 year veteran! LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran LF Jester 
House

Kvana: Yes. The sun sets soon.

----------

Alleys

A'melie: Did you hear that?

*Loud barking follows the scream*

----------

Arc Musea

*A man in flowing robes notices Talon as he walks to the Arc Musea's entrance*

Man: Welcome...er...pilgrim. Here to see the Arc of King Veldimos?

Redwing is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-26-2004, 10:16 AM   #562
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

Hot Topic Starter 10 year veteran! LF Jester Contest winner - LucasCast 
*Talon looks up at the hieght of the Ark, then looks at the robed man.*

Talon "Yes. I've heard it from some town folk it was quite an admiration for them to have a former king to have for his final resting place, dispite the troubles that occur in this day in age with the non humans."

Kuuki is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-26-2004, 10:21 AM   #563
Deac
Now in 4-D!

Hot Topic Starter Roleplayer 
Hammerhead: I don't think that's a good sound. Let's go!

*He runs toward the source of the disturbance*

Deac: Purveyor of Fine Quality Postage Since 2001
Deac is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-30-2004, 02:29 AM   #564
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

Alleys

*The others follow Hammerhead. They round several corners to view an unusual scene.

A small, trembling girl is surrounded by a ring of wild, ragged, barking dogs. The dogs are not attacking her, however. The dogs face outwards, as if to protect the girl. Outside their circle, two large creatures with snake-like leathery green-and-yellow bodies, devilish red eyes, and large iron-colored beaks screech at the dogs and the girl.

A'melie, instantly appraising the situation, lashes out with her lightsaber at the beaked snakes. Unfortunately, without the Force she stumbles and her lightsaber misses, glancing off a snake's leathery flesh. The "snake" screeches, turns to her and lashes out with its serrated beak*

----------

Arc Musea

Man: Yes, I'm sure. In honor of the king's memory, would you like to give a donation to the Arc Musea for the privilege of viewing the Arc of King Veldimos?

Old 06-01-2004, 04:15 PM   #565
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

*Arc Musea*

Talon 'Pity I haven't managed to collect some currency that these people use...' "I..."

--------

*Alley*

*Davin charges up and flips out his sawed-off, he pushes A'melie out of the way and with a loud 'boom' of the rifle, shoots the 'Snake' in the torso. Immeadately after he cockly flips the gun using its own recoil to recock it, and fires again, flips the rifle once more.

Davin now aiming at the other 'Snake' holds the rifle more properly, and fires three shots at it one after another, a shot, a lightning fast reload, then another shot just as fast.

Then to finish it off, he recocked the rifle once more in the same reckless fasion as the first two shots, rests the rifle on his left elbow and shoots the first 'Snake' a thrid time.

He goes into his trenchcoat and begins reloading his weapon, looking at the girl.

Til then Davin never quite shown his 'true colors'*

------------

*Arc Musea*

*Talon heard the gun shots.*

Talon *softly to himself* "Just how I remembered him, reckless and thoughtless, he's alerted the entire town now, if not what ever lurks these fields for miles..."

Old 06-02-2004, 04:25 PM   #566
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

Arc Musea

Man: *looking impatient* You have brought something, right? This is a service to the faithful...it's necessary that everyone who enters brings some sort of donation or gift. Come back when you can pay up.

----------

Alley

*The wounded "snakes" shriek at Davin. The nearest one, which looks the most badly injured, shrieks at him and lunges. Then it slows its motion, as if caught in a time warp. H'lena is holding her hand out at it. Its shriek distorts. Then Rwos lops off its head.

The other snake falls as H'lena directs her hand towards it. A streak of light flashes at its head, and it stops moving.

The dogs growl at the group*

Old 06-02-2004, 06:33 PM   #567
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

*Talon turns back at the man*

Talon "Appologies, where has my manners gone today?"

*Talon pulls from his cloak a sheathed sword, he removes the sheathe to show an old rusted long sword with a slight curve in it, dispite what condition it was in, Talon looks at the blade with a sort of stare anyone would give to a cherished object, the type one would never want to ever part with such.

He removes it all the way showing it in the sun, keeping the look about himself. Shortly he sheathes it again and rolls the strap of the sheathe around it, then offers it to the man.*

Talon "I plan to be in town for a day if not more, if you do not mind if you could accept this as a deposit, when I aquire a more proper donation, I shall return."

----------

*Davin cocks his rifle, and looks at the wolves*

Davin "If those didn't scare me, what thinks that you would?"

Old 06-03-2004, 07:23 PM   #568
Deac
Now in 4-D!

Deac: I hate dogs...

*Ignites sabers*

That's it...nice doggies...

Old 06-03-2004, 08:22 PM   #569
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

WH Irvine "I don't think we should show aggression towards those wolves. They're just protecting the girl fromt he looks of it...."

Old 06-04-2004, 12:24 AM   #570
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

H'lena: *to the girl* It's all right. We won't hurt you. Why are you out wandering by yourself?

*The girl looks with wide, frightened eyes at the group and makes no answer. The dogs growl more*

H'lena: Well? Come, let me take you to your mother. We---

*The girl bursts into tears at the word "mother".*

H'lena: Is there something wrong with your mother? Your parents? Is that why you're here?

*The girl doesn't answer, but keeps crying. H'lena turns to the others*

H'lena: She's half-starved. She must've been wandering round the back alleys for days. The dogs could've kept strangers and other animals away, but they couldn't feed her. Any of you have any food?

Old 06-04-2004, 10:02 AM   #571
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

*Irvine's stomach growls.*

Davin "I only have a canteen of water."

Old 06-04-2004, 05:39 PM   #572
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
*Flax checks his pack and pulls out some survival rations. Here opens the packet and hands it to H'Lena.*

Flax: Give her this, it doesn't taste great but its edible.

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
BattleDog is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-05-2004, 08:43 PM   #573
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

*H'lena takes the rations and slowly moves towards the girl, who is sitting on the muddy ground now, crying*

H'lena: You're hungry. Here, take this.

*She passes through the circle of dogs. They bristle and growl low in their throats but do not attack. The girl accepts the food and eats it quickly, seeming half-starved. H'lena waves her hand and concentrates, and water comes slowly up from the ground, as if extracting itself from the ground, seeming to be a living thing, a flowing amorphous amoeba. H'lena forms it into a cup-shape of shimmering glass. The girl looks wide-eyed at it, then abruptly starts babbling in a completely alien language. Only Rwos and H'lena appeared to understand it*

Rwos: She's speaking Tiran Common, but she doesn't have a translator, so you can't understand. She thinks H'lena is a friend of her mother's. Apparently her mother is a wizard as well. She's been...imprisoned, apparently...

H'lena: *to the girl* Yes, we've come to help. We'll help you get your mother back, alright? Just lead me to where she is.

*The girl, still sniffling, gets up, still chewing on the rations. The dogs back away, still bristling but responding to the girl's diminishing fear with diminishing aggression*

Old 06-09-2004, 01:13 AM   #574
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

Irvine "Who imprisoned her?"

Davin *whom had holistered his rifle* "It doesn't matter much, she seen to had have received help"

Old 06-10-2004, 02:25 AM   #575
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

H'lena: Who knows? Though arresting the parent and leaving the daughter to wander about dangerous back alleys isn't a good sign.*

*The girl runs off, although not before taking the magic cup. Shortly, she and her followers arrive at a tall, square building with an unusual number of men and women in armor standing or walking about nearby. The girl points from around a corner at the building and chatters in the alien language. An armored man sees her*

Man: *to a companion* Lucar, it's that vagrant girl again!

Lucar: Probably back to cry for her mother some more. Get rid of her before she causes a ruckus.

*The man walks over to the girl with a nasty expression, then notices the group*

Old 06-10-2004, 10:47 AM   #576
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

Davin *giving a even nastier expression* "You better just turn around, and ignore we were ever here."

Old 06-11-2004, 08:07 PM   #577
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
*Flax steps foward, infront of Davin.*

Flax: She's doing you no harm, just leave her be.

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 06-12-2004, 03:22 AM   #578
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

Man: *sizing up the group* And who do you think you are to order me around, outlanders?

Old 06-12-2004, 11:39 AM   #579
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

Davin "Someone whom even if you all could get the upper hand of us, that we'd take out far meny more of you then the few of us..."

Old 06-12-2004, 01:28 PM   #580
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

Town

Man: Ohh, so it's like that, then? Maybe you'll change your tone after a few moons in the town prison! *He draws his weapon*

H'lena: *under her breath* Don't be an idiot, Davin. We don't want any unnecessary trouble. *to the man* That won't be necessary. We're just trying to find this girl's mother.

Man: What? Oh, well, you won't be finding her. She's been taken into Esgate, and she won't be leaving for a long time.

H'lena: What is Esgate? Where can we find it?

Man: The magic prison, of course! She was caught practicing wizardry...in the town square, no less!

Rwos: How do we get to Esgate?

*The man throws back his head and laughs* Right through the sherrif's doors, outlanders! *pointing at the square building* If you like, I can give you a personal tour right now! Ha ha ha!

----------

Arc Musea

Man: *looking at Talon's offering* An old, rusty sword? Surely you jest...

Old 06-12-2004, 02:57 PM   #581
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

*Talon smiles*

Talon "With these types of swords to become worn after wear and constant useage is impossible. Swords like these, to become worn, its due to them not being used. This sword is very powerful, granted whom wields it is of a certain type of individual, and with that the sword restores itself."

"How ever there is a second purpose to this, with the sword in this state it is dormant, in a matter of speaking, think of it as regenerating it's poetental."

Old 06-15-2004, 02:05 AM   #582
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

Arc Musea

*The man laughs in disbelief* Enough of your comedy! Begone, stranger. Come back when you have an offering. In truth, I would like to let you pass for your marvelous jests alone. However, I value my post too much to give charity to poor bards. Ply your entertainment skills on the passerbys on the town streets, and return with coin of the realm to give the Arc Musea, if you still desire to see it.

Old 06-15-2004, 11:21 AM   #583
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

Talon "Very well then, why should I allow a simple minded human to posess such a dangerous weapon."

*Arcs of energy begin to arc from Talon's right hand, down to the tips of his fingers, which coil around each and innocently arc to another finger every now and then.

With his left hand holing on to the seathe, Talon grabs the hilt of the sword with his right hand and pulls the sword out.*

Talon "Perhaps a demonstration is in order?"

*Talon takes a few steps back, then when he notices that no one is near, and preferably watching, he pulls the sword from the sheathe and brings it to his side, the energy arcing from his fingers had chained up the blade to the very tip, then in the same motion brings it back up so that its completely horizontal about a foot from his face...

The rust on the sword began to fade as the restoring metal of the blade began to glow a yellow. When the rust had been finaly disapated the energy stops chaining upt he blade, but the blade itself retained the glow. The reflection of the robed man clearly in the blade.*

Talon "The name of the blade is 'The Caladblog', it was once my brother's sword when he died wielding it meny centuries ago, it has not been used since, hence the sword going into it's dormant state."

Old 06-15-2004, 01:22 PM   #584
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

((Scar, it's the center of the town and the main 'tourist' (pilgrim) attraction. There are people everywhere.))

Old 06-15-2004, 02:57 PM   #585
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

((Good then a public display is common))

Old 06-15-2004, 07:24 PM   #586
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
*Another pilgrim, further down the line calls out.*

Pilgrim: Get you gone, we don't want you wizidry here!

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 06-15-2004, 09:31 PM   #587
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

Talon "Did I hear someone call out that this was wizardry?"

*Talon sheathes the sword*

Talon "Bunch of pathetic closed minded fools all the like of ya!"

*Talon begins to walk back down the street, but he smells the scent of te Vampire's nearby...

He then proceeds down the street, towards the nearest alleyway on the same side of the street where the Vampire's hide-away is...*

Old 06-16-2004, 03:10 AM   #588
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

Outside the Jail

H'lena: Why did you arrest this girl's mother for 'practicing wizardry'? Your weapons, equipment, and armor all have enchantments on them. Surely wizardry was involved there.

Man: Don't question the law if you know what's good for you, outlander. The public practice of wizardry is not allowed in Arc Musea. Only those who guard the King's resting place and his Arc are allowed to use active magic here. But we're not crusaders...enchanted objects are frowned upon but allowed within reason. You don't see us confiscating everyone's translator jewels, do you?

H'lena: If the law here is so reasonable, why do you take children's mothers and leave them to wander the streets alone?

Man: That girl's a wizard herself! Let the alley cats and dogs protect her! Now enough questions, or I'll see you in a pillory for a week! *He turns and walks off, a baleful eye still on the group*

H'lena: *quietly, to the others* What do you think we should do?

Old 06-16-2004, 11:01 AM   #589
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

WH Irvine *whom had remained quiet* "I say this with sympathy for the child, but is it truely our motive here to even get envolved?"

Old 06-16-2004, 08:09 PM   #590
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
Flax: I think for the moment this child is our responsibility. It would be a bit stupid to interfere before we really know whats going on.

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 06-18-2004, 01:59 AM   #591
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

H'lena: The situation here is very unusual.

Rwos: Not really. Simple, only the powerful are allowed the benefits of magic, and use their monopoly to keep their power. Classic magocracry.

H'lena: It's not that. Can't you sense it? There's magic everywhere here. Too much ambient magic to be natural in a place that doesn't allow wizardry. In fact, now that I think about it...even without using a spell to check, I can sense a huge, unstable magic center located about...

*She turns and points* There.

*Following the direction of her finger, the black rectangle of the Arc Musea looms above the dull yellow buildings surrounding it*

H'lena: I think I know what K'Warra's come here for...

K'Warra: Too right.

*The figure of a tall human man steps out of the shadows, with K'Warra's sneering grin on his face*

K'Warra: Now, now. Before you all think about doing something stupid, I should direct your attention to the object in my right hand.

*He holds up an object that looks like a palm-sized, pyramidal five-pointed star, made of stone and carved with runes*

H'lena: It's...

Trael: It's a bomb.

Old 06-18-2004, 10:22 AM   #592
Deac
Now in 4-D!

Deac: Is this the kind of bomb you can defuse?

Hammerhead: I have some experience with explosives chaps...but not of that kind...

Old 06-18-2004, 11:59 AM   #593
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

((I thought K'warra was a gargolye))

Vertmor "Kvana? Did you see that what he did with that sword? weapons that I've seen aren't equal in caliber, such as that sword. What sort of individuals are we going to be upagenst?"

----------

*alleyway*

*Talon's head becomes a bit heavy all of a sudden, almost like he nods off, but wakes up agian. but has his head tilted forward, letting his hair fall in front of his face.*

Talon "<Come all this way to threaten me with a little trincket? Go ahead, blow us all up. I'm willing to bet that if that does go off if you have to, you're set that up to only blast hard enough so that you can live through it, right? Not everyone here is a frail human I remind you...>"

WH Irvine "Explain your visit K'warra."

Old 06-18-2004, 01:42 PM   #594
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

((OOS: K'Warra is a gargoyle. It's a glamour (magic disguise). ))

House

Kvana: I am a mage. I do not fear steel, even steel such as this. Besides, we have K'Warra...and Elizabeth, wherever K'Warra's taken her...

----------

Outside the Jail

K'Warra: Magic bomb, actually. All I do is give this a squeeze, and we all die, including me. The difference is that I'll come back. You won't. But I didn't come here to kill you. Rather, I have a proposition. Willing to listen?

Old 06-18-2004, 10:30 PM   #595
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

Vertmor "Forget about it then... But that didn't feel like a mortal weapon. Even our swords, or other weapons have has some point been crafted, or helped to be crafted by mortals, even if turned mortals, just to keep their methods."

*Vertmor stops, shakes his head*

Vertmor "Appologies, under Vorador, he kept things conservitive..."

*The door bursts open, on the otherside, Talon.

Talon casualy walks a few steps in, then draws his Ichimonji.

((The sword he has that changes its own elemental property to the opposite of its enemy's, to negate))

He points it at the two vampires, then twists it 90 degrees, the sword reacts by the lgith around it turnign into a black arua, the light from it is absorbed into the blade, which glows into a white hot phosphorus, the only thign that can bee seen inside the aura, rather the holy aura.*

Talon "I have an idea, give me a reason not to kill you, and I might spare you..."

----------

*Davin growls like an animal*

WH Irvine "Down boy.. K'Warra, let's just get this over with."

Old 06-21-2004, 05:06 PM   #596
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
*Drago steps foward.*

Drago: You're not the only one who will come back, Gargoyle. Kill them and I will hunt you down, cut off your head and bury it in sulpher, so that every day you'll have your eyes burnt out. I'll take your body, chain it to a rock and let the buzzerds feed on your inards.

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 06-22-2004, 02:14 PM   #597
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

K'Warra: Oh hush. You know it doesn't work that way. I don't have the same immortality as you. I die like everyone else, I just keep coming back. By the way, wouldn't blowing you to smithereens count as separating your head from your body? Or have things changed for you? I know you're all from different times. I don't know how you did it, but I can sense it. My dear clan sister, for example...

H'lena: That's enough. What exactly are you trying to offer?

K'Warra: I thought you would've figured that out by now. I came here to use the Arc of Veldimos, housed in the black structure in the town square, to kill Shunaria. But I can't get it alone, and none of you know how to use it. Why don't we help each other out?

----------

*Kvana throws up a magic shield with a spell*

Kvana: Who in seven hells are you?

Old 06-22-2004, 07:10 PM   #598
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

Talon "My name is Talon."

Vertmor *Whom is partaly being repelled by the sword* "He doesn't carry the scent of any mortal I have seen."

*Talon takes a few steps forward*

Talon "Thats right, I'm not a mortal. I am a demon."

*Talon's eyes turn red, as he forces his wingspan to re-emerge.*

--------

WH Irvine "Well if thats what can kill Shunaria, then why don't we take it, and find a way for ourselves to kill it."

Old 06-22-2004, 07:55 PM   #599
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

K'Warra: My dear boy, you haven't a clue how to use the Arc. I can tell by the look on your face that not even you, H'lena, even with the sorcerous power you've gained in your true timeline, know what it really is.

----------

Kvana: *drawing a carved metal stick out of his robes* Magic circle, protect me and my companion against this power.

*A glowing, flat circle of ornate, illegible script forms on the floor around Kvana's feet. It expands to contain Vertmor within its perimeter as well. Vertmor and Kvana cease to be affected by the sword's aura*

Kvana: We will not be threatened by you, beast.

edited for double negatives

Last edited by Redwing; 06-25-2004 at 03:05 AM.
Old 06-23-2004, 01:22 AM   #600
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

*The aura on Talon's sword dimishes as the protective barrier is created.

Talon sheathes the sword then draws 'The Nameless', the 5 foot diamond coated silver longsword, with its own demonic powers.*

Talon "Beast? Don't patronise me, haven't you smelt yoursleves lately? Living, if that what you call it, night to night feeding on the blood of meny, if a beast I am, then is to you a ravenous bunch of animals."

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > RogueSquadron.net > 1. Community > RSRP > Crisis of the Worlds