lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Two Questions
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-04-2003, 05:20 PM   #1
Merovingian
Rookie

Two Questions

1. Is there a way to make fire sound like fire?

2.Can you make fire emit light as a real fire would so that it could light up a room without any lights?
Merovingian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-07-2003, 01:18 AM   #2
_PerfectAgent_

1. Use a target_speaker and put it inside or close to the fire, make sure the "sound" key uses a sound that sounds like fire!

2. I think that some fx files can do that, but I'm not sure. You can make the color different, use the color key, and fool around with the numbers. Use a light entity inside the fire for this!
_PerfectAgent_ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-07-2003, 03:45 AM   #3
idontlikegeorge

Location: Striking fear into the hearts of Demolicans and Republicrats.
Back in the day my friend made a cool dueling map for JO, and he just used a fire color (orangish) light, and gave it one of the flickering effects, and put them near any "torches" he had.

The light would bounce off the tree models at the edge of the map and made some real great ambience. (The map was outside a jungle temple at night.)

I don't like quake, never liked quake, and don't like Star Wars quake. So basically jk2mp.exe never gets used on my computer.

Shaving is not a high priority with Jedi. Would you want to shave with a lightsaber?
idontlikegeorge is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-07-2003, 01:44 PM   #4
GothiX
Ocean Soul

For 1, just select the fx_runner and add KEY: soundset, VALUE: fire_lp.

GothiX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-07-2003, 08:21 PM   #5
Merovingian
Rookie

Cool thanks for the help also how do you give the lights effects?I've never bothered with that?
Old 11-07-2003, 08:36 PM   #6
idontlikegeorge

Location: Striking fear into the hearts of Demolicans and Republicrats.
Just open up the entity window of a light, most of the stuff is commented on well.

For spotlights and stuff, you need to also use different entities as targets and such, you can find stuff for that on most mapping sites.

I don't like quake, never liked quake, and don't like Star Wars quake. So basically jk2mp.exe never gets used on my computer.

Shaving is not a high priority with Jedi. Would you want to shave with a lightsaber?
idontlikegeorge is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-08-2003, 09:54 PM   #7
Merovingian
Rookie

Ok got everything workin but is there a way so that you can only hear the fire when you are close to it?
Old 11-09-2003, 12:25 AM   #8
_PerfectAgent_

Make a trigger brush as large as you want (or as small), but large enough for the player to fit inside; it should be large enough to cover the area you want the player to hear the fire. Make the trigger brush into a trigger_multiple.

Then use the target_speaker (assuming you used that, I'm not sure if it can be done any other way...) and put it inside the fire. Go back to the target_speaker, select it and press the n key. Check mark the option that says activator. I'm not sure if looped on is necessary, but try it!

Now, for the sound key, stay on the entity window for the target_speaker and next to key, type in noise and next to value, type in sound/effects/fire_lp.wav.

And finally, connect the trigger_multiple and the target_speaker in that order. After that, it should work!
Old 11-09-2003, 02:21 PM   #9
Merovingian
Rookie

So I can put the speaker inside the fire fully?Thanks for the help again
Old 11-09-2003, 03:37 PM   #10
_PerfectAgent_

Yeah, you can. It's not a speaker physically, but it's a source of sound, it's invisible in the game.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > JA Mapping > Two Questions