lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: WIP: Hellfire Droid
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-15-2003, 01:45 PM   #81
SD_Radical_Ed

i have played it thouroughly with my freind over a lan. i dont have that problem because all of the vehicles that respawn use a spawnscript. the rest that dont fit on the script dont respawn.
SD_Radical_Ed is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-15-2003, 01:47 PM   #82
kmd
Rookie

k, will look for it on pcgamemods.com ja section today and tomorrow
kmd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-15-2003, 02:21 PM   #83
SD_Radical_Ed

its called Desert_War_BETA1.
Old 12-15-2003, 06:16 PM   #84
SD_Radical_Ed

its up!
Old 12-15-2003, 06:19 PM   #85
tFighterPilot

Why oh why did you hijack this thread instead of making a new one?

My projects:
Snow Speeder
Kaadu

Quote:
Originally posted by yaebginn
not at all, they came here[USA] to worship God however they wanted and it was built on the principals and rules of the Christian religion.
tFighterPilot is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-15-2003, 06:31 PM   #86
SD_Radical_Ed

i just askeed to use a vehicle and one thing led to another....

btw, hows your pc coming?
Old 12-15-2003, 06:47 PM   #87
tFighterPilot

I'm using it

My projects:
Snow Speeder
Kaadu

Quote:
not at all, they came here[USA] to worship God however they wanted and it was built on the principals and rules of the Christian religion.
Old 12-16-2003, 01:36 AM   #88
SD_Radical_Ed

so its fixed and your working on the tie interceptor?
Old 12-23-2003, 12:14 PM   #89
Duncan_10158

ok, i am hijacking this thread back!

are there any more comments about the hailfire_droid? bugs suggestions?

ZH@o YuN, you offerd to make a veh and npc files for the droideka that would fix the SP problems. i havent heard from you since them, are you still around? i would realy welcome your help, i have no idea about the SP art to fix.

i would like to release the final vesion of this vehicle soon. to do that we need a MP beta testing, to find the right balancing. does someone know where we could play the hailfire droid on a server. is the a JA server that allows vehicle to spawn, is here someone who would help me testing it?

let me know.
Duncan_10158 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-23-2003, 02:25 PM   #90
Zappa_0
JOM Director

For the Hail Fire droid right? And sure I would like to help out. I would also like to help with the Destroyer Droid testing when you are ready for it.
Zappa_0 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-23-2003, 06:33 PM   #91
lonepadawan

If there was one thing I could add to the hailfire droid it would be a custom weapon effect that packed a bit more punch, like the one in the movie.

"Your life does flash before your eyes before you die..... the process is called LIVING"
lonepadawan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2003, 04:17 PM   #92
Sev
Rookie

one comment i have right now i've been watching this thread and i'm wondering where i can get the model???
Sev is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2003, 04:48 PM   #93
Zappa_0
JOM Director

Theres a link near the first of the thread to download a beta version of it. Ah heres the link posted by Duncan:

http://io.meskinaw.net/data/hailfire_droid_beta01.zip
Old 12-25-2003, 06:42 PM   #94
Sev
Rookie

thx i didnt see that and all the other links i tryed just sent me to another thread
it downloaded v.quick

ok i've used it and for weapons: Great! 7-8/10, looks: AWSOME 9/10 and speed: Bad 4/10 its to slow in clone wars they drive into their enemys firing rockets so just need to improve the speed
Sev is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-18-2004, 02:58 AM   #95
Lil Killa
lunatic

I played the model and noticed that the wheels "wobbled" when you were coming to a stop. Also it was a bit slow and the clipping on the wheels was bad...

Lil Killa is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-18-2004, 07:46 PM   #96
ZH@o YuN
Rookie

I can't seem to figure out why the vehicle is leaning instead of aiming... The strange thing is, when you spawn an AT-ST, it does the same thing!

So, I'm guessing that SP depends on the way things are spawned, decided by the map. Just using the /npc command doesn't seem to work with walkers!

So don't worry, there's nothing at all wrong with your vehicle, it's the SP code.
ZH@o YuN is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-19-2004, 10:27 AM   #97
ronbrothers

Duncan, this is looking great!

I've got a bad feeling about this...
ronbrothers is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-25-2004, 01:11 PM   #98
Duncan_10158

in the last few days i worked on the hailfire again, i used most of ZH@o YuN veh file settings and fixed vehicle box size and some other things.

the wheel wobeling is something i couldnt fix, its probably an engine problem that possitions between animtions are smoothed. so if you stop after a half wheel turns, the skeleton moves back into stand possition the shortest way, thats teh wobeling. i could fix that by cutting the animation into four or eight parts but that would need a mod and the wobeling would be still there but just smaller. i want to have this vehicle working without a mod so i think we have to accept this draw back.

about the SP, there are two npc files for the atst. perhaps one is for MP and the other for SP, that means a SP vehicle needs more settings in the npc file then one for MP. perhaps the settings of the SP npc files would fix the wrong standing.

BTW, i would like to test the hailfire droid on the droideka beta balancing server too. so if you would like to join that go the the droideka thread and apply or sent me a mail.
Old 01-25-2004, 03:14 PM   #99
[UF]Picolo
Rookie

Not bad, but i've seen better

Sof1 :: KaMi[.uF]
Yu Team :: //KaMi
Jk2 :: [UF]PiColo
[UF]Picolo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-26-2004, 11:38 AM   #100
Duncan_10158

Quote:
Originally posted by [UF]Picolo
Not bad, but i've seen better
oh thanks, thats very encouraging

i could need help with the sound. i dont know how the hailfire droid sound s in th movie. i specialy need a rolling/moveing sound, if someone could give me that or point me where i could get it. thanks
Old 01-26-2004, 08:22 PM   #101
Lil Killa
lunatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Duncan_10158
the wheel wobeling is something i couldnt fix, its probably an engine problem that possitions between animtions are smoothed. so if you stop after a half wheel turns, the skeleton moves back into stand possition the shortest way, thats teh wobeling. i could fix that by cutting the animation into four or eight parts but that would need a mod and the wobeling would be still there but just smaller. i want to have this vehicle working without a mod so i think we have to accept this draw back.
I have encountered the same problems with a new saber hilt of mine... (why i came to this thread again + to check up on prgress)

I don't know of any sounds... maybe watch the movie again? you might could cut some sounds out of that some how..

Lil Killa is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-27-2004, 01:59 AM   #102
Zappa_0
JOM Director

You could possibly find some sounds for the hailfire droid in the Galactic Battlegrounds Clone Campains. You should take alook.
Old 01-27-2004, 10:06 AM   #103
tFighterPilot

Quote:
Originally posted by Zappa_0
You could possibly find some sounds for the hailfire droid in the Galactic Battlegrounds Clone Campains. You should take alook.
Do you know a way to extrect them?

My projects:
Snow Speeder
Kaadu

Quote:
Old 01-27-2004, 10:42 AM   #104
Zappa_0
JOM Director

Try winzip or Winrar, I think thats how i got into it...I will have to check on it. It might be in the folders on your harddrive aswell. I will get back to you later about it.
Old 01-27-2004, 11:34 AM   #105
tFighterPilot

Winzip and winrar can't open .drs files, I've already tried it

My projects:
Snow Speeder
Kaadu

Quote:
Old 01-27-2004, 11:38 AM   #106
crazy_elmo

You could try this

drs explorer

This program should be able to open .drs files

A wise man gets more use from his enemies than a fool from his friends.
crazy_elmo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-27-2004, 11:51 AM   #107
tFighterPilot

I know this one, you can't really explore with it, or maybe I just don't know how to use it.

My projects:
Snow Speeder
Kaadu

Quote:
Old 01-28-2004, 10:49 AM   #108
Zappa_0
JOM Director

Have you tried looking on your hard drive in its folder? I havent got a chance to really look at it myself yet, been alittle busy with stuff. Or another thing is maybe make your own sounds for it. It wouldnt be hard to do, just get a sound editing program and find sounds you wanna use for it, then you will be on your way.
Old 01-28-2004, 01:59 PM   #109
ZH@o YuN
Rookie

After seeing a clip of the Hailfire Droid in a trailer for a JK3 movie, I now know what the missiles look like, so I'm gonna get the ol' EffectsEd out and make a cool-looking missile to go with it

Oh, and the two AT-ST files are different things - one is the AT-ST NPC (one that walks around on its own and attacks you) and the other is the ridable vehicle.
Old 01-28-2004, 08:25 PM   #110
Zappa_0
JOM Director

That was my trailor for TJD that you probally seen it in...umm I think Lindsey had it in it aswell. Yea the ATST NPC sucks, it looks real stupid also. Maybe someone should make a new better NPC for it.
Old 01-28-2004, 08:43 PM   #111
ZH@o YuN
Rookie

From the video, I saw that the missiles had a red/pink exhaust coming from them, and a lot of sparks.

So far, I am just about done for the missile effect (I even modelled a custom missile in milkshape ). All I need to make now is the launch effect, which will be sort of a large burst of smoke coming out from the back of the launch pod.
Old 01-28-2004, 11:32 PM   #112
DarkLord60
Something In the Way

I am making sounds for the hellfire droids for AOTCTC just let me know if you need them.

DarkLord60 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-28-2004, 11:41 PM   #113
Duncan_10158

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkLord60
I am making sounds for the hellfire droids for AOTCTC just let me know if you need them.
sure, it would be great if i could use your sounds. i couldnt find good sounds for the hailfire droid anywhere. if you could contact me?

are you at AOTCTC making a Hailfire droid too? i offerd you to use my one, but if you want i can give you my max files so you can easily creat your own one and skin it.

Last edited by Duncan_10158; 02-04-2004 at 11:44 AM.
Old 01-29-2004, 01:22 AM   #114
Zappa_0
JOM Director

Im glad you are making good process Yun.
Old 01-29-2004, 11:06 AM   #115
ZH@o YuN
Rookie

Bah... I have some good sounds for the launch from C&C: Generals, but they aren't in the right WAV format to be used in the game.

I have a friend with an audio program, maybe I can ask her to re-compile the file.

Until then, here's my current version - note that you will need the original Hailfire Droid to use this! Just do /npc spawn vehicle hailfire_droid2 and give it a try!
Old 01-29-2004, 11:12 AM   #116
RenegadeOfPhunk

I could sort out your hellfire droid sounds for you, but I couldn't look at it till later on this month - at the earliest...

So if you can't find alternate sources before then, you have that as a backup plan

/* RenegadeOfPhunk */

OJP forums
OJP website - WIP

Movie Battles!
RenegadeOfPhunk is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-29-2004, 11:15 AM   #117
ZH@o YuN
Rookie

Thanks, that's good to know
Old 01-31-2004, 04:35 PM   #118
ZH@o YuN
Rookie

I've sorted all the sounds out, and all the effects for launching and the missiles themselves are finished

But, I believe the ones that the AOTCTC team has would be better, because I'm sure they were taken from the real thing, although I haven't heard them yet.

DarkLord would it be too much trouble to send the sounds to me as well?

Thanks in advance
Old 01-31-2004, 06:05 PM   #119
Zappa_0
JOM Director

Yea I would say AOTC TC already has the sounds for about everything they wanna make. But still your sounds could always be better.
Old 02-04-2004, 12:01 PM   #120
Duncan_10158

ZH@o YuN, i have taken a look at the hailfire_droid2 you made. the rocket effects you added caused some toubles in my JA. the partical effects are not working corretly for me. i also couldnt see how the new roockets look like cause they are to fast. does it make sense to have new rockets that in fact are not visible? its slowing down the fps.

could you give us a bit more info what you changed in this hailfire_droid2 version. this way we could better discuss the all your suggestion, cause some seems to be realy great.

i would be also happy if you could pass me the sound files have. i havent heard from DarkLord60 yet. and i would reayl like to hear to ones you got. thanks.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > Showcase forum > Modelling > WIP: Hellfire Droid