lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Sith Aprentice JA mod
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-22-2003, 08:45 PM   #1
Jaden007
Rookie

Sith Aprentice JA mod

have you tried it yet? it changes everybody in the game!
its cool instead of Kyle as your master you have Count dooku,
instead of
spoiler:
Alora you fight Mace windu, instead of Luke its the emperor plapatine, instead of Boba Fett its Jango Fett, you fight jedi's instead of cultists .
and most importantly
spoiler:
*spoiler* instead of Tavion you fight yoda!
its totally awsome! download it at www.pcgamemods.com/5/ its called Sith Aprentice1 and download sith aprentice.

try it out AND READ THE README!

"The force is a powerful ally, and a dreadful foe" Jedi master Yoda

WWJD
Jaden007 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-22-2003, 10:09 PM   #2
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
From what I recall, this was a popular practice with JK2 as well.

Formula:

Take the single player game and replace certain npc's with other npc's (usually custom ones from the Prequels or Original Trilogy films).

Simple, but (I assume) fun. A logical extension of messing around with the npc spawn and playermodel cheats.

That alongside the "ladder" maps (waves of respawning enemies in a single small map), were probably the most popular SP mods for the game...

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-23-2003, 12:13 AM   #3
Sam Fisher
eh.

That looks cool, I might get it. Thanks.

stuck in an eternity of sunshine and chocolate.
Sam Fisher is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-23-2003, 12:17 AM   #4
Dracofyre

Speaking of ladder maps, would it be possible to snag the ladder map with "smack my bitch up" playing for the music, and play it in JKA?
Or would we have to mess with the NPC spawning commands and switch em out?
Dracofyre is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-23-2003, 12:45 AM   #5
shukrallah
White Dragon

thats too simple to do, and its been done 10 million times... all you do is, if you want boba to be jango, you just take everything to do with jango, and put it in a boba folder... for example all the boba parts are in these folders: models\players\boba\part_name all you do is put jango's parts in the same exact directorys as boba, make it into a mod (.pk3 in a folder in the gamedata directory) run the mod, and boom, boba is now jango I think... someone can try it and tell me
shukrallah is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-23-2003, 12:50 AM   #6
Samuel Dravis

Quote:
Speaking of ladder maps, would it be possible to snag the ladder map with "smack my bitch up" playing for the music, and play it in JKA? Or would we have to mess with the NPC spawning commands and switch em out?
Actually, all you have to do is put it in JKA's base folder. It works with no modifications.

"Words are deeds." - Wittgenstein
Samuel Dravis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-23-2003, 01:24 AM   #7
Neverhoodian
If I may make a point...

I dunno, I can never seem to get into different player SP mods as no matter who you replace the characters with, (unless it's a variation of the original character e.g. Dark Kyle instead of Kyle) it always falls flat story-wise. Sure, playing as a Dark Jedi would be fun, but if he/she still says the same goody-two-shoes lines as the original character says, it just doesn't work. I like action, but I also like a sensible storyline.

If I want to play a mod where there's new characters, I would much prefer playing new maps and seeing new cutscenes to go along with it. That way they have a unique story of their own.

Dark Forces Total Conversion-http://darkforces.jediknight.net
Relive the classic that started it all!
Open Jedi Project-http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisp...s=&forumid=542
Working to expand the JA experience!
Neverhoodian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-23-2003, 01:51 AM   #8
Dracofyre

Quote:
Originally posted by Samuel Dravis
Actually, all you have to do is put it in JKA's base folder. It works with no modifications.
Swanky, thanks man
That map has always been my favorite.
Dracofyre is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-23-2003, 02:24 AM   #9
Chuahtemoc

Thumbs up sounds like its worth a try

I might pick it up some time and play it, but if npcs are the only changes i'll probably burn it to a disc and piss on it. just for kicks, i guess :P

lol on the other hand, Kurg mentioned those fun-ass-hell ladder maps. What I used to do was I'd bind an npc spawn x, and then i'd just move my mouse around in circles and tap the key a million times... then i'd turn off god mode and fight for my life!

YORIMOTO says SUMiSUMi!!!

"When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation." - Thomas Jefferson

"It is vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, peace, peace; but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery?

Forbid it, Almighty God -- I know not what course others may take; but as for me -- give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry

3x50p 11.21.03
Chuahtemoc is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Academy > Sith Aprentice JA mod