lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Vengeance Cast Upon Lamers = Too Cool
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-30-2003, 04:48 AM   #1
Marker0077

Vengeance Cast Upon Lamers = Too Cool

So I was playin on this BWN server & this dude named "FlipSide" is there. Now I think I know this guy from DS so I figured he's pretty familiar with JK player sportsmanship & whatnot, so I bow to the guy & he runs up & totally sneak attacks me like a jagoff. Now I know this guy is not new, so he wins the round because the hit takes off over 60 hps, I think it was closer to 70 but woteva.

So I'm dead for awhile, talkin trash the whole time & warning newcomers not to bow or chat to this guy since he's a cheap schmuck. Once I'm finally alive & I kill em. I was hoping to own the guy but I just made it out with somewhere around 30 HPs. I, of course, talk some more trash like "Not so tough when you're not sneak attacking are ya b!tch" etc; etc. then the second time we fought I didn't own the guy but I wasn't far from it.

Not only that, it was on that Rancor map & he tried running & hiding in that small area with the 3 ledges & special attacking me from there. He had duals & could have easily got me with a both attack special but instead he tried the lunge special (in dual stance, not the actual lunge) & I creamed him. Some people were talking smack to him before he died like "you suck FlipSide", then I creamed him & he disconnected - it was so f00kn great. :-)

Ahhhhhh, revenge is sometimes so sweet. I usually don't get a kick out of this sort of thing but the guy had no sportsmanship & I got to make an example out of him. That's just too cool.

Cool Links
Star Wars Funnies
Cool Mods for Medal of Honor
Cool Mods for the Jedi Knight Series
Don't want to wait for Star Wars 3? Well here ya go!

In-Game Names
Marker0077 (normal name)
Obi-wannabe (practice name)
Bar Upstairs from AA Building (drinking name)

Contact Info
AOL, Yahoo, Jabber, & IRC (QuakeNet): Marker0077
Cool Mods E-Mail: MoH @ Cool-Mods.com or JK @ Cool-Mods.com
E-Mail & MSN IM: Marker0077 @ Hotmail.com (*** anywhere in subject or won't get email)
Marker0077 is offline   you may:
Old 11-30-2003, 04:55 AM   #2
g//plaZma

OMG HE DIDNT BOW???!!!!111 OMFG LOLOLOLOL WHAT A N00B!!!111oneoneone DON'T WORRY I WILL STRIKE THIS DISHONORABLE SITH DOWN WITH MY LIGHTSABER IF I SEE HIM FELLOW HONORABLE JEDI!!!111 OMG LOL

BTW SERVER ADMINS PLZ BAN THIS 'FLIPSIDE' DUE TO HIS DISHONORABLE BEHAVIOR!!! LOLOLOL OMG

g//plaZma is offline   you may:
Old 11-30-2003, 04:59 AM   #3
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Re: Vengeance Cast Upon Lamers = Too Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by Marker0077
JK player sportsmanship
Prime is offline   you may:
Old 11-30-2003, 05:07 AM   #4
Amidala from Chop Shop
Politically-correct jerk

Marker, check out this very recent thread about bowing before duels:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...hreadid=118333

Don't worry, it's very short and a quick read

Amidala from Chop Shop is offline   you may:
Old 11-30-2003, 05:09 AM   #5
Rumor
caffeine has go power!

wow marker you are a ****ing hypocrite.

you can now join the other dendrophiliacs in the hall.

Rumor is offline   you may:
Old 11-30-2003, 05:20 AM   #6
Toxie
Rookie

I never bow before duels, I like to pretend I'm an evil dark jedi who bows for no one. Sometimes I charge at the people who take too long to realize I want bow, but I never hit them, it just my way of getting them to go "Hey this guy isn't gonna bow!" then we go at it.

Insert lame repetitive image/corny quote that only I think is cool here.
Toxie is offline   you may:
Old 11-30-2003, 03:05 PM   #7
KaiaSowapit

Quote:
So I'm dead for awhile, talkin trash the whole time...

...I was hoping to own the guy but...

I, of course, talk some more trash like "Not so tough when you're not sneak attacking are ya b!tch" etc; etc.

...then I creamed him & he disconnected - it was so f00kn great. :-)

...the guy had no sportsmanship...
21 or 12?

My 24/7 dedicated Jedi Academy server: 66.98.177.21

Jedi vs. Merc, Melee enabled, voting disabled, high bandwidth Multiple OC-3 Connection
Lowered sabers required to use offensive Force powers
The expressions "LAMER" or "LAMING" are NOT recognized
All kills are considered fair & legal (including chat-kills & "saber-down" kills)
Abusive language, Complaining & Kill Trackers NOT Welcome
KaiaSowapit is offline   you may:
Old 11-30-2003, 03:19 PM   #8
Chuahtemoc

Cool Guy

Quote:
Originally posted by Rumor

you can now join the other dendrophiliacs in the hall.
agreed.

Quote:
Orig posted by g//plaZma
OMG HE DIDNT BOW???!!!!111 OMFG LOLOLOLOL WHAT A N00B!!!111oneoneone DON'T WORRY I WILL STRIKE THIS DISHONORABLE SITH DOWN WITH MY LIGHTSABER IF I SEE HIM FELLOW HONORABLE JEDI!!!111 OMG LOL

BTW SERVER ADMINS PLZ BAN THIS 'FLIPSIDE' DUE TO HIS DISHONORABLE BEHAVIOR!!! LOLOLOL OMG
ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha that's great

i rrealy hope this guy was making fun of those people... if not,... *shudders*

YORIMOTO says SUMiSUMi!!!

"When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation." - Thomas Jefferson

"It is vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, peace, peace; but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery?

Forbid it, Almighty God -- I know not what course others may take; but as for me -- give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry

3x50p 11.21.03
Chuahtemoc is offline   you may:
Old 11-30-2003, 03:23 PM   #9
g//plaZma

Nah I was making fun of him

Anyways, this thought just struck me...

How will the JA community deal with cheating (3rd party cheat programs) if it ever arises if they can't even deal with simple gameplay? I don't want to think about it...

Old 11-30-2003, 03:36 PM   #10
WadeV1589
Veteran

Posted a reply to this at his identical thread at gaming forums, a rant about how he's lame even using the word lamer because he got killed.

For those of you who want to join in the identical thread ...

http://www.gamingforums.com/showthread.php?t=99203

StargateMods.com - collaborating all the Stargate mods out there.

SG4RealJA - get a bit of SG realism!
SGEgyptJA - flying and dialing a gate only to be killed by it!
WadeV1589 is offline   you may:
Old 11-30-2003, 03:45 PM   #11
PG|Prometheus
Rookie

So this guy didnt do a virtual bow before you both pressed some buttons to virtually fight each other in a virtual video game.
Have you made amnesty international aware of this?

PG|Prometheus is offline   you may:
Old 11-30-2003, 05:06 PM   #12
Neverhoodian
If I may make a point...

Quote:
originally posted by PG|Prometheus:
So this guy didnt do a virtual bow before you both pressed some buttons to virtually fight each other in a virtual video game.
Have you made amnesty international aware of this?
ROFL! That's hilarious!

To avoid such an experience again, Marker, do what I do:

Never bow unless the other person bows first. You must remember that it's not a rule to bow before a duel. I've fought plenty of people online who didn't bow and still had a blast.

After all, if you want to be "honorable," isn't that what saying "good fight" afterwards is for?

Dark Forces Total Conversion-http://darkforces.jediknight.net
Relive the classic that started it all!
Open Jedi Project-http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisp...s=&forumid=542
Working to expand the JA experience!
Neverhoodian is offline   you may:
Old 11-30-2003, 05:38 PM   #13
Marker0077

Quote:
Originally posted by g//plaZma

First of all, lay off the pipe.

Second of all, it wasn't that he didn't bow, it's that he attacked while I was bowing. It was appearant that this was the only way the guy could win because he lost the next 2 duels & got boo'ed out of the game. It was great.
Quote:
Originally posted by Prime
You don't play much. At least not in Duel mode. If you did, you would understand.
Quote:
Originally posted by Amidala from Chop Shop
Marker, check out this very recent thread about bowing before duels:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...hreadid=118333

Don't worry, it's very short and a quick read
I read all of 1 or 2 sentances from that book you linked me to but I think I get what you are trying to say.

Look, if you don't want to bow - that's fine, no one is saying you *have* to bow, but try & understand that when someone bows to you they are showing you respect & to attack them while they bow to you is one of the most disrespectful things you can do in the game. Don't be premature, take 5 seconds out of your busy schedule & wait for your opponent to bow to you, then attack.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that this isn't my own fault. There's no reason whatsoever why anyones opponent would need to be within attacking distance, everyone should ALWAYS - ALWAYS keep there guard up, however, it doesn't change the fact that it was a cheap & unsportsmanlike thing to do.

So many people confuse "honor code" with "common courtesy", of course, there are some people who are anal retenant on the whole "honor code" thing as well but there are more people who just have no respect for it. Again, no one is saying you *have* to bow, just wait a few seconds for your opponent to bow to you because this is the kind of reaction you are going to get from 90% of the players out there, at least in Duel mode anyways.
Quote:
How so? Just because I did all this to this guy after he lamed me?

Look, I am a courteous player, I bow, I say "Good Fight", "Good Luck", "Thank You" (yes I actually have all of that bound), etc; etc. This guy got this treatment because he was a premature jagoff who couldn't wait 5 seconds for me to bow, NOT that he didn't bow, but because he attacked me while I was bowing.

Again, I'm not saying it's not my own fault for being attacked, my guard should have been up either way, however, it does not change the fact is was a cheap & unsportsmanlike thing to do.
Quote:
Originally posted by Toxie
I never bow before duels, I like to pretend I'm an evil dark jedi who bows for no one. Sometimes I charge at the people who take too long to realize I want bow, but I never hit them, it just my way of getting them to go "Hey this guy isn't gonna bow!" then we go at it.
That's totally cool. It's not that the guy didn't bow, I could care less. The fact that he attacked me while I was bowing was what started it.
Quote:
Originally posted by KaiaSowapit
21 or 12?
You keep fishin pal.

It may seem a little adolescent to post about it in the forums, I mean, this isn't the first time this sort of thing happened to me but it is the first time I felt like sharing it on the forums so I did. Maybe you just needed to be there. I dunno. Either way, it was hella cool & just felt like sharing.
Quote:

How will the JA community deal with cheating (3rd party cheat programs) if it ever arises if they can't even deal with simple gameplay? I don't want to think about it...
We didn't really have that problem with JK2, I can't imagine it being that big of a problem in JK3. If it does you can tell by viewing the person playing & if you are playing on DarkSide, you can call an admin in to fix the problem. When they ban a person on DS, it bans them from all DS servers.
Quote:
Originally posted by WadeV1589
Posted a reply to this at his identical thread at gaming forums, a rant about how he's lame even using the word lamer because he got killed.

For those of you who want to join in the identical thread ...

http://www.gamingforums.com/showthread.php?t=99203
This guy appearently didn't even read what I posted, you can read the responses at GF.
Quote:
Originally posted by Neverhoodian
ROFL! That's hilarious!

To avoid such an experience again, Marker, do what I do:

Never bow unless the other person bows first. You must remember that it's not a rule to bow before a duel. I've fought plenty of people online who didn't bow and still had a blast.

After all, if you want to be "honorable," isn't that what saying "good fight" afterwards is for?
Why does everyone think that this was started because he didn't bow? Where does it say that? People assume way to much. The thing here was that he attacked while I was bowing to him, again, it's my own fault for getting attacked but it was still a gh3y thing to do.

Cool Links
Star Wars Funnies

In-Game Names
Marker0077 (normal name)

Contact Info
E-Mail & MSN IM: Marker0077 @ Hotmail.com (*** anywhere in subject or won't get email)
Old 11-30-2003, 05:46 PM   #14
WadeV1589
Veteran

"but it was still a gh3y thing"...doesn't take much to work out what gh3y means and that lowers your standards considerably, you probably don't even realise but that is mild prejudism. You say a lot about yourself just from the way you talk/post and that says enough about you...

Old 11-30-2003, 06:14 PM   #15
g//plaZma

Quote:
First of all, lay off the pipe.
No thx.

Quote:
Second of all, it wasn't that he didn't bow, it's that he attacked while I was bowing. It was appearant that this was the only way the guy could win because he lost the next 2 duels & got boo'ed out of the game. It was great.You don't play much. At least not in Duel mode. If you did, you would understand.I read all of 1 or 2 sentances from that book you linked me to but I think I get what you are trying to say.
So don't bow. He wants to play his way, you should respect that without resorting to childish name-calling. You can still bow but don't cry if someone kills you while doing it, they don't aknowledge bowing as a necessity. You may, but that's your problem.

Quote:
Look, if you don't want to bow - that's fine, no one is saying you *have* to bow, but try & understand that when someone bows to you they are showing you respect & to attack them while they bow to you is one of the most disrespectful things you can do in the game. Don't be premature, take 5 seconds out of your busy schedule & wait for your opponent to bow to you, then attack.
If someone wants to show me respect, they can say "good game," "nice one," and just be civil to me, as I am to everyone else. When the guy attacked you when you were "bowing" and you started calling him stupid things, was that civil (or even acting your age)? No.

Quote:
Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that this isn't my own fault. There's no reason whatsoever why anyones opponent would need to be within attacking distance, everyone should ALWAYS - ALWAYS keep there guard up, however, it doesn't change the fact that it was a cheap & unsportsmanlike thing to do.
This is a game. Grow up.

Quote:
So many people confuse "honor code" with "common courtesy", of course, there are some people who are anal retenant on the whole "honor code" thing as well but there are more people who just have no respect for it. Again, no one is saying you *have* to bow, just wait a few seconds for your opponent to bow to you because this is the kind of reaction you are going to get from 90% of the players out there, at least in Duel mode anyways.How so? Just because I did all this to this guy after he lamed me?
Sorry, common courtesy for me is saying "good game" after a duel, not bowing. Bowing=honor code.

Quote:
Look, I am a courteous player, I bow, I say "Good Fight", "Good Luck", "Thank You" (yes I actually have all of that bound), etc; etc. This guy got this treatment because he was a premature jagoff who couldn't wait 5 seconds for me to bow, NOT that he didn't bow, but because he attacked me while I was bowing.
The things you said didn't seem so courteous. Stop being a total ******* just because someone doesn't play the way you like.

Quote:
Again, I'm not saying it's not my own fault for being attacked, my guard should have been up either way, however, it does not change the fact is was a cheap & unsportsmanlike thing to do.That's totally cool. It's not that the guy didn't bow, I could care less. The fact that he attacked me while I was bowing was what started it.You keep fishin pal.
As I said, this is just a game, grow up and don't get your panties all in a bunch just because someone doesn't play your way.

Quote:
It may seem a little adolescent to post about it in the forums, I mean, this isn't the first time this sort of thing happened to me but it is the first time I felt like sharing it on the forums so I did. Maybe you just needed to be there. I dunno. Either way, it was hella cool & just felt like sharing.
Yes, it is adolescent of you to not only post it in the forums but act that way towards this guy.

Quote:
We didn't really have that problem with JK2, I can't imagine it being that big of a problem in JK3. If it does you can tell by viewing the person playing & if you are playing on DarkSide, you can call an admin in to fix the problem. When they ban a person on DS, it bans them from all DS servers.
You don't get my point. People in the JA "honor" community always piss and moan about people who play honestly with valid gameplay tactics. If hacking/cheating does come to JA, I really can't imagine how these whiny honor 12 year old jedis will respond to it. Maybe they'll add the command /amcrymeariver to admin mod when someone is suspected of cheating?

Old 11-30-2003, 06:33 PM   #16
g//plaZma

BTW, just to clarify this...

I'd attack you when you're "bowing" just like that guy did. On top of that, I'd also enjoy kicking your ass, feeding your pets poison and eating all of your birthday cake before you even get out of bed. Yep, I'm a real *******.

Old 11-30-2003, 06:34 PM   #17
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

Attacking while bowing = NOT laming. Just kinda... disrespectful. Marker, I think you get a little too excited about revenge.
TK-8252 is offline   you may:
Old 11-30-2003, 06:36 PM   #18
WadeV1589
Veteran

^^^IWS.
Ok maybe I wouldn't eat the cake...there'd be a risk of weight gain which I can't cope which, must stay unfattened!

Old 11-30-2003, 07:00 PM   #19
Agen
The Spoon Guy

Well I think it's quite stupid to bow when to someone you don't know, I only bow when bowed to just for the sake of being cool with someone and moving the game along. IMO a gg or gf after a match is all that's needed. Hell, I even say gf to the biggest asses in the world - win or lose
Agen is offline   you may:
Old 11-30-2003, 07:32 PM   #20
Marker0077

Quote:
Originally posted by WadeV1589
"but it was still a gh3y thing"...doesn't take much to work out what gh3y means and that lowers your standards considerably, you probably don't even realise but that is mild prejudism. You say a lot about yourself just from the way you talk/post and that says enough about you...
Sorry, I didn't know you were so sensitive/defensive about people using the word gay but that is pretty common place in todays society. Right or wrong, that's just the way it is.

Saying gay like that is just another way of saying lame because IMO (& most others) being gay is lame, but everyone's entitled to their opinion. You've obviously expressed yours.
Quote:
No thx.
lol, I was just kidding with you man, please don't take it personal. I do apologize if I offended you.
Quote:
So don't bow. He wants to play his way, you should respect that without resorting to childish name-calling. You can still bow but don't cry if someone kills you while doing it, they don't aknowledge bowing as a necessity. You may, but that's your problem.
You are not a Duel mode player therefore you just don't get it.

Name calling isn't necessarily childish, everyone does that from time to time (online or not) & anyone who says they don't is pretty much playing holier than thou & is full of **it.

All I did was call it as I saw it, you can take that anyway you like & I guarantee the majority of Duel mode players would have seen it in the exact same fashion. A cheap move done because that's the only way the guy could win, which again, he did not win another fight afterwards.
Quote:
If someone wants to show me respect, they can say "good game," "nice one," and just be civil to me, as I am to everyone else. When the guy attacked you when you were "bowing" and you started calling him stupid things, was that civil (or even acting your age)? No.
If a person is taunting you & you attack them, I could see that as being okay but not bowing before battle. It's just a cheap thing to do any way you look at it.

Again, name calling is not necessarily an adolescent thing to do, uncivilized perhaps but not adolescent. If you & your wife are walking down a street & some guy grabs your wifes ass, are you not going to take a swing at him?

The point is there is a time to be civil & a time to not be civil, if you don't stand up for yourself then you are pretty much punking yourself out. That shouldn't vary just because you are playing a video game online.
Quote:
This is a game. Grow up.
If a ref calls 2 boxers to knock gloves at the beginning of a fight & 1 of the boxers takes a cheap shot at the other boxer, does everyone stand back & say "Eh, it's just a fight"?

The point is being a jagoff is being a jagoff. Realistically, the game has nothing to do with it.
Quote:
Sorry, common courtesy for me is saying "good game" after a duel, not bowing. Bowing=honor code.
No one's saying you have to bow, all we are saying is don't be a premature jagoff & take 5 seconds out of your busy schedule & allow your opponent to finish their bow - that's all. if they taunt you, well that's different, attack all you want, but this is not a taunt, it's a bow, just like saying "Good Luck", "Good Fight", "Nice One", or whatever, bowing is no different.
Quote:
The things you said didn't seem so courteous. Stop being a total ******* just because someone doesn't play the way you like.
I was courteous to everyone else in the room, I just wasn't to this guy for obvious reasons. It's not like I just started acting this way for no reason, I was cool with everyone else in the room & they were not only cool with me, they were rooting for me as well - that *should* tell you something.
Quote:
As I said, this is just a game, grow up and don't get your panties all in a bunch just because someone doesn't play your way.
Saying "it's just a game" IMO is just a copout to being a jerk. Again, being a jerk is being a jerk, the game is irrelevant.

Also, this isn't just the way I play, this is the way 90% of the Duel mode players play. Join a Duel server & attack someone before while they are bowing - watch what happens. I bet the people in the room will have the exact same reaction that I do.
Quote:
Yes, it is adolescent of you to not only post it in the forums but act that way towards this guy.
I could see it being wrong to act that way to the guy if he was a newcomer but he's been around for awhile & I knew he knew better. This was just this guy getting what he deserved.

Perhaps I took it to far with going to the forums, you may be right on that account, but I felt like sharing so I did. If the guy did something he didn't want posted everywhere, well then maybe he shouldn't have done it in the first place. A simple apology would have reconciled the whole thing, instead he chose to continue being a jagoff so fu#* 'em.
Quote:
You don't get my point. People in the JA "honor" community always piss and moan about people who play honestly with valid gameplay tactics.
It's not like we're saying "you're a lamer because you don't bow" or anything like that, what I'm saying is it's totally cheap to attack your opponent while he's bowing to you - any way you look at it, for you to do that makes you a premature jagoff or just a n00b (literally). The guy wasn't a n00b. Now maybe things are different in FFA, I really wouldn't know, but in Duel that's just how it goes & I guarantee the majority of the Duel mode only players out there would agree with me.

I can understand where you are coming from with those people that say "you should always bow", that's a little much, but at the very least you should prewarn your opponent not to bow to you because you will attack; Bind it if need be or something. That was not the case in this scenario, the guy knew the Duel mode routin & pulled a cheap move = weak.
Quote:
If hacking/cheating does come to JA, I really can't imagine how these whiny honor 12 year old jedis will respond to it. Maybe they'll add the command /amcrymeariver to admin mod when someone is suspected of cheating?
I'm not sure where cheating came into the picture but we'll have to deal with one subject at a time.

I chat quite a bit with most of the big names in the modding community & I should be one of them once CM is launched. Almost all of them know who I am because I contribute to most their projects in some fashion, so I'm sure if any third party programs ever come into the picture as being a problem to the community then we'll deal with it at that time; But realistically I don't ever see that being that big of a problem since it wasn't for JK2.

As for "/amcrymeariver", we might actually add something to the mods to call admins in to be honest. Mars (Vulcanus coder) modding at this point is really up in the air, he's not sure himself. Chosen One (Jedi Academy mod/Jedi Academy Reloaded mod coder) has a beta of JAR currently but it is yet to be released & I was already thinking of a command to bring in admins just because I play on DarkSide & BWN servers alot & that's something that not only BWN could really use, but other servers as well. How it will all work we're not sure yet, it's still on the drawing board & I haven't even mentioned it to Chosen One yet but I do plan on it.
Quote:
BTW, just to clarify this...

I'd attack you when you're "bowing" just like that guy did. On top of that, I'd also enjoy kicking your ass, feeding your pets poison and eating all of your birthday cake before you even get out of bed. Yep, I'm a real *******.
Good, I'd love to play you sometime. If this is how you choose to play then you are either not a Duel mode player or you just suck. All the good Duel mode players do not play in that fashion & the fact that you do tells me something. My contact info is in my signature as well as my in-game names... anytime man, anytime. ;-)
Quote:
Originally posted by TK8252MJL
Attacking while bowing = NOT laming. Just kinda... disrespectful. Marker, I think you get a little too excited about revenge.
Disrespectful, laming, it's six in 1 hand & half dozen in the other so IMO, you just contradicted yourself.

I did get a little carried away with posting about this but I don't care really. This was this guy getting what he deserved & I loved it.
Quote:
Originally posted by Agen_Terminator
Well I think it's quite stupid to bow when to someone you don't know, I only bow when bowed to just for the sake of being cool with someone and moving the game along. IMO a gg or gf after a match is all that's needed. Hell, I even say gf to the biggest asses in the world - win or lose
Agreed. I just didn't appreciate getting attacked while bowing, again it's my own fault but still. I knew the guy knew better so for me it was on like the sun.

Cool Links
Star Wars Funnies

In-Game Names
Marker0077 (normal name)

Contact Info
Old 11-30-2003, 08:19 PM   #21
g//plaZma

Quote:
Name calling isn't necessarily childish, everyone does that from time to time (online or not) & anyone who says they don't is pretty much playing holier than thou & is full of **it.
The reason you said those things are childish, not the namecalling part.

Quote:
All I did was call it as I saw it, you can take that anyway you like & I guarantee the majority of Duel mode players would have seen it in the exact same fashion. A cheap move done because that's the only way the guy could win, which again, he did not win another fight afterwards.If a person is taunting you & you attack them, I could see that as being okay but not bowing before battle. It's just a cheap thing to do any way you look at it.
I come from the competitive dueling community. We wouldn't see it that way. Please don't assume that the whole dueling community are ******* 12 year olds full of dreams of honor much like yourself.

Quote:
Again, name calling is not necessarily an adolescent thing to do, uncivilized perhaps but not adolescent. If you & your wife are walking down a street & some guy grabs your wifes ass, are you not going to take a swing at him?
Again, it depends on the situation. Your reason for doing this was adolescent and completely idiotic.

Quote:
The point is there is a time to be civil & a time to not be civil, if you don't stand up for yourself then you are pretty much punking yourself out. That shouldn't vary just because you are playing a video game online.If a ref calls 2 boxers to knock gloves at the beginning of a fight & 1 of the boxers takes a cheap shot at the other boxer, does everyone stand back & say "Eh, it's just a fight"?
You were quick to become uncivil. Who cares if he attacked you while you were doing your obsessive-compulsive ritual of bowing before a fight? Just chill out. No need to cry.

Quote:
The point is being a jagoff is being a jagoff. Realistically, the game has nothing to do with it.No one's saying you have to bow, all we are saying is don't be a premature jagoff & take 5 seconds out of your busy schedule & allow your opponent to finish their bow - that's all. if they taunt you, well that's different, attack all you want, but this is not a taunt, it's a bow, just like saying "Good Luck", "Good Fight", "Nice One", or whatever, bowing is no different.
Oh ok now I have to go by your rules and wait for you to bow. Sorry, I want nothing to do with your little honor circle-jerk party. I don't aknowledge bowing as a respectful thing, it's more like "hey look I got my defenses down, you can come kill me now."

Quote:
I was courteous to everyone else in the room, I just wasn't to this guy for obvious reasons. It's not like I just started acting this way for no reason, I was cool with everyone else in the room & they were not only cool with me, they were rooting for me as well - that *should* tell you something.Saying "it's just a game" IMO is just a copout to being a jerk. Again, being a jerk is being a jerk, the game is irrelevant.
[sarcasm]Ah so you were being backed up by fellow 12 year old jedis who cleverly name themselves Darth Chewbacca. That sure justifies it.[/sarcasm]

Quote:
Also, this isn't just the way I play, this is the way 90% of the Duel mode players play. Join a Duel server & attack someone before while they are bowing - watch what happens. I bet the people in the room will have the exact same reaction that I do.I could see it being wrong to act that way to the guy if he was a newcomer but he's been around for awhile & I knew he knew better. This was just this guy getting what he deserved.
You're wrong there about that statistic. Look at all the competitive duel ladders out there. Do they bow or cry "LAMER!!!" like your honor crowd? No.

Quote:
Perhaps I took it to far with going to the forums, you may be right on that account, but I felt like sharing so I did. If the guy did something he didn't want posted everywhere, well then maybe he shouldn't have done it in the first place. A simple apology would have reconciled the whole thing, instead he chose to continue being a jagoff so fu#* 'em.It's not like we're saying "you're a lamer because you don't bow" or anything like that, what I'm saying is it's totally cheap to attack your opponent while he's bowing to you - any way you look at it, for you to do that makes you a premature jagoff or just a n00b (literally). The guy wasn't a n00b. Now maybe things are different in FFA, I really wouldn't know, but in Duel that's just how it goes & I guarantee the majority of the Duel mode only players out there would agree with me.
I think this guy would be pretty pleased to have gotten this reaction out of you and these responses on this thread too. I don't play FFA. Just competitive ff s/o TFFA, Full Force Duel and ff /so CTF (maybe once xmod2 gets off) so I wouldn't know what FFA is like either. Ask about this to any competitive player and I guarantee you will be laughed at.

Quote:
I can understand where you are coming from with those people that say "you should always bow", that's a little much, but at the very least you should prewarn your opponent not to bow to you because you will attack; Bind it if need be or something. That was not the case in this scenario, the guy knew the Duel mode routin & pulled a cheap move = weak.
Maybe you shouldn't assume that everyone will bow to you. But again you're probably too full of yourself to think someone would ever not bow to your highness, Marker.

Quote:
I'm not sure where cheating came into the picture but we'll have to deal with one subject at a time. I chat quite a bit with most of the big names in the modding community & I should be one of them once CM is launched. Almost all of them know who I am because I contribute to most their projects in some fashion, so I'm sure if any third party programs ever come into the picture as being a problem to the community then we'll deal with it at that time; But realistically I don't ever see that being that big of a problem since it wasn't for JK2.
You still don't get my point do you? You're complaining about how people play (yet they're using valid non-cheating tactics). I'd just like to know how mad you may get if someone cheats against you. Maybe you'll throw a huge tantrum and start yelling "LAMER" while using console commands like /amcry and then post on every single forum that this guy is a cheater, and maybe then you'd run to your mother and cry.

Quote:
Good, I'd love to play you sometime. If this is how you choose to play then you are either not a Duel mode player or you just suck. All the good Duel mode players do not play in that fashion & the fact that you do tells me something. My contact info is in my signature as well as my in-game names... anytime man, anytime. ;-)
As I said earlier, I am a seasoned duel mode player but I don't pub because frankly there is no challenge in pubbing on full force duel servers as basically all the little honor newbies on there complain about my use of force (while the server is ff).

Quote:
Disrespectful, laming, it's six in 1 hand & half dozen in the other so IMO, you just contradicted yourself.
Ok, so I'm now labeled disrespectful because I've been banned many times from JK2 servers in the past for "laming." I get it now. Thanks for clearing that up.

Old 11-30-2003, 08:24 PM   #22
KaiaSowapit

Quote:
Look, I am a courteous player...

...I, of course, talk some more trash like "Not so tough when you're not sneak attacking are ya b!tch" etc; etc...
What awfully convenient and self-serving definitions of "sportsmanship" and "courteous" you must have.
Quote:
It may seem a little adolescent to post about it in the forums...
No? Really, you think so?
Quote:
Look, if you don't want to bow - that's fine, no one is saying you *have* to bow, but try & understand that when someone bows to you they are showing you respect & to attack them while they bow to you is one of the most disrespectful things you can do in the game.
Where does subjecting everyone else on the server to your "trash talk" with expressions like "b!tch" and "gh3y" fall into the "respectful" equation?

Frankly I don't care if this guy gouged out your eyes and shot your dog; retaliating via the chat command is juvenile, nothing to be proud of, and the worst example of "sportsmanship" I've heard.
Quote:
Saying gay like that is just another way of saying lame because IMO (& most others) being gay is lame...
You know what most people would say is lame? An adult playing video games. You want even lamer? Same adult spewing profanity, prejudice and abusive language because he lost his temper while playing. Worse still? Doing all the above fully knowing you're most likely in the presence of children.

BTW, just because other people share your homophobia, that doesn't justify it.
Quote:
I was courteous to everyone else in the room...
By setting such a "stellar" example for them? I beg to differ.
Quote:
Name calling isn't necessarily childish...
Sure it is, f*ckface. (Did that come across as mature?)
Quote:
Was there supposed to be an analogy there?
Quote:
If a ref calls 2 boxers to knock gloves at the beginning of a fight & 1 of the boxers takes a cheap shot at the other boxer, does everyone stand back & say "Eh, it's just a fight"?
Maybe instead they should say, "Right or wrong, that's just the way it is."

Pot, say "hi" to kettle!

Done fishin... thanks!

My 24/7 dedicated Jedi Academy server: 66.98.177.21

Jedi vs. Merc, Melee enabled, voting disabled, high bandwidth Multiple OC-3 Connection
Lowered sabers required to use offensive Force powers
The expressions "LAMER" or "LAMING" are NOT recognized
All kills are considered fair & legal (including chat-kills & "saber-down" kills)
Abusive language, Complaining & Kill Trackers NOT Welcome
KaiaSowapit is offline   you may:
Old 11-30-2003, 08:30 PM   #23
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

Laming is different from being disrespectful. By my book, lamers are only ONE thing: A person who breaks the saber off = peace rule. Just because someone is disrespectful doesn't mean they are a lamer. Sure, lamers can be disrespectful, such as those who break server rules although they know what the rules are. But just because someone is disrespectful doesn't mean they are a lamer. Infact, there really is no lamer in duels.
TK-8252 is offline   you may:
Old 11-30-2003, 09:03 PM   #24
eniaC

Re: Vengeance Cast Upon Lamers = Too Cool

Quote:
Not only that, it was on that Rancor map & he tried running & hiding in that small area with the 3 ledges & special attacking me from there.
You mean like Luke did in RotJ, no way, strike that Jedi down, give into your anger. Don't let the n00b ambush in you warfare, whats that all about...sheesh...some people.

btw: gay also means happy,
and a fag is a ciggarette in some cultures.
eniaC is offline   you may:
Old 11-30-2003, 09:23 PM   #25
Rumor
caffeine has go power!

Quote:
How so? Just because I did all this to this guy after he lamed me?

Again, I'm not saying it's not my own fault for being attacked, my guard should have been up either way, however, it does not change the fact is was a cheap & unsportsmanlike thing to do.
you obviously aren't a seriously curteous player. a true curteous player would not stoop to the two year old method of calling him names and badmouthing him. he obviously made a huge mark on your e-life and e-wellbeing with that move.

and just why the hell were you bowing long enough for him to run up to you and slash you?

Old 11-30-2003, 09:39 PM   #26
Marker0077

Quote:
The reason you said those things are childish, not the namecalling part.
Just a difference in opinion. Yours against ours.
Quote:
I come from the competitive dueling community. We wouldn't see it that way. Please don't assume that the whole dueling community are ******* 12 year olds full of dreams of honor much like yourself.
There may be a bit more pressure as far as ladders go but it's no more competitive than playing Duel mode regularly.

I'm not assuming anything. I talk with the DarkSide community (which is where alot of the best Duel mode players play) via there forums & in-game. I also communicate with alot of Duel mode players in-game, ICQ, & MSN IM so I know exactly what their opinion is. Very rarely do we find people with your beliefs. I'm not assuming a damn thing.
Quote:
Again, it depends on the situation. Your reason for doing this was adolescent and completely idiotic.
Imagine the irony. We share a difference in opinion so you leave derogatory commentary my way, all the long while preaching to me about being civilized.
Quote:
You were quick to become uncivil. Who cares if he attacked you while you were doing your obsessive-compulsive ritual of bowing before a fight? Just chill out. No need to cry.
Quick to become uncivil? Exactly what else would need to happen for becoming uncivil to be okay?

Realistically, it is never really okay to be uncivil but I felt like having some balls & standing up for myself. So I did. I don't understand why I am getting the third degree from you because I see things the same way the majority of the Duel mode community does.
Quote:
Oh ok now I have to go by your rules and wait for you to bow. Sorry, I want nothing to do with your little honor circle-jerk party. I don't aknowledge bowing as a respectful thing, it's more like "hey look I got my defenses down, you can come kill me now."
It's not my rules, it's just the understanding of the majority of the Duel mode players out there. If you were to do this to anyone in that community they would not act any different, everyone in that room would boo you for being cheap.
Quote:
[sarcasm]Ah so you were being backed up by fellow 12 year old jedis who cleverly name themselves Darth Chewbacca. That sure justifies it.[/sarcasm]
I've played 8 year olds who got boo'ed in the game for attacking while bowing, he said "don't make fun of me, I'm only 8 & I just got this game". I apologized to the guy & he didn't do it again.

Age has little to do with it. Yes, adolescents are more compelled to be jerks & whatnot but that certainly doesn't excuse it.
Quote:
You're wrong there about that statistic. Look at all the competitive duel ladders out there. Do they bow or cry "LAMER!!!" like your honor crowd? No.
I don't play on ladders really, I just play in the community & that's their belief. I would imagine it wouldn't be any different for the ladder communities but of course, the majority of Duel servers are not FF so the fact that you play in FF Duel ladders would more than likely put you in a minority of the Duel community, which would explain your lack of understanding our beliefs.

That statistic is anything but off. Again, go do the online experiment. Join a Duel mode server & attack someone while they are bowing & watch what happens, especially in the DarkSide community. That's proof enough & if you choose to not accept it from that point then you are just being ignorant & there's nothing that is going to change your mind.
Quote:
I think this guy would be pretty pleased to have gotten this reaction out of you and these responses on this thread too. I don't play FFA. Just competitive ff s/o TFFA, Full Force Duel and ff /so CTF (maybe once xmod2 gets off) so I wouldn't know what FFA is like either. Ask about this to any competitive player and I guarantee you will be laughed at.
That may be the case but I am not referring to TFFA so I wouldn't know what your community considers sportsmanship; I am referring to Duel mode & what we consider sportsmanship. I've stated this time & time again all throughout all of my posts & the majority of Duel servers has little to no force powers. Most have jump only since force powers really take away from the actual duel.

Don't get me wrong, force powers are cool & all, they're just not my cup of tea nor the majority of Duel mode players either considering most servers don't use them. I would like to get into them someday.
Quote:
Maybe you shouldn't assume that everyone will bow to you. But again you're probably too full of yourself to think someone would ever not bow to your highness, Marker.
Yet again, I'm not saying the guy should bow, I am saying he shouldn't attack while I'm bowing.

As for "your highness", I'm not playing holier than thou but thanks again for leaving derogatory commentary. Nothing more useful than that.
Quote:
You still don't get my point do you? You're complaining about how people play (yet they're using valid non-cheating tactics). I'd just like to know how mad you may get if someone cheats against you. Maybe you'll throw a huge tantrum and start yelling "LAMER" while using console commands like /amcry and then post on every single forum that this guy is a cheater, and maybe then you'd run to your mother and cry.
I never said the guy was cheating, I said he was being cheap = big difference.

If I had run into a cheater I would leave since there's nothing I could do really. All I can do is switch to a DarkSide server. If the cheater goes there, the DS admins will ban out the persons range & that will solve the problem altogether.

Very seldom do I ever "throw a tantrum". Now this is not literally throwing a tantrum but I think I get what it is you are implying. In order for me to go to those lengths it would have to be something personal. This was no where even remotely near that.
Quote:
As I said earlier, I am a seasoned duel mode player but I don't pub because frankly there is no challenge in pubbing on full force duel servers as basically all the little honor newbies on there complain about my use of force (while the server is ff).
Most people aren't very good, this is another reason why I play on DarkSide, it's where I can find a challenge at times.

Most servers aren't even FF so I can't imagine there even being any good FF Duel players but anything is possible I suppose.
Quote:
Ok, so I'm now labeled disrespectful because I've been banned many times from JK2 servers in the past for "laming." I get it now. Thanks for clearing that up.
Ummm, that comment wasn't even directed towards you because you weren't the one who said it. You should read from the actual posts, not from the quotes (I'm guessing that's what you did).
Quote:
What awfully convenient and self-serving definitions of "sportsmanship" and "courteous" you must have.
lol. Like I said before, it's not like I just started acting that way right off the bat. The guy had what was comin to him. He was well aware of how everyone was going to feel about it & he did it anyways so fu#* 'em.
Quote:
No? Really, you think so?
Perhaps but certainly no more adolescent than leaving derogatory commentary towards someone else simply because you don't share the same opinion.
Quote:
Where does subjecting everyone else on the server to your "trash talk" with expressions like "b!tch" and "gh3y" fall into the "respectful" equation?

Frankly I don't care if this guy gouged out your eyes and shot your dog; retaliating via the chat command is juvenile, nothing to be proud of, and the worst example of "sportsmanship" I've heard.
First off, I never said that saying those things was respectful.

Secondly, just because you talk smack to someone that doesn't make you juvenile. This part goes back to the "holier than thou" thing, for anyone to say they don't talk smack to other players, online or not, is full of **it. Everyone does it at one point or another. I did it when dealing with a lamer & not only did everyone not mind, they joined in. It was way cool.
Quote:
You know what most people would say is lame?
Well considering we chat while we are waiting to play, I play pretty much everyday, I chat with the community via a variety of forums, ICQ, & MSN IM - ya I think I would know. Mainly the talking with everyone while waiting to play, when you do that everday for a year or so you get the idea of what that communities opinion is.
Quote:
An adult playing video games. You want even lamer?
Ya, we all know how lame it is for an adult to play a video game. :-/

What's next? Eating ice cream & drinking soda? Good god, how lame is that.
Quote:
Same adult spewing profanity, prejudice and abusive language because he lost his temper while playing. Worse still? Doing all the above fully knowing you're most likely in the presence of children
The majority of the people playing JK2 & JK3 are in the 14 to 28 year range. I think I've ran into kids being younger than that no more than 3 times & you get some over 30 year olds a bit as well, but mostly within the 14 to 28 year old range.

Even if that wasn't the case though, do you think most family households are the Brady Bunch? Moms don't curse at Dads & vice versa, etc; etc? You think seeing those words online once in a blue moon is going to cause another Columbine incedent? Get a grip man. It's not that big of a deal.
Quote:
BTW, just because other people share your homophobia, that doesn't justify it.
So because I use common place terminology that makes me homophobic? eeeyah, you keep fishin pal.
Quote:
By setting such a "stellar" example for them? I beg to differ.
Like I said, everyone else in the room agreed with me & were saying he was cheap & whatnot as well. That was stated in the first post. I said "Good Fight", "Good Luck", & even "Thank You" to when they complimented me on how well I was playing (yes, I actually have all that bound). This guy was the only one that got this type of treatment so no, I didn't set a bad example. Perhaps if you were apart of the Duel mode community you would understand. Personally, I just see you as giving me derogatory commentary just because you don't agree with our opinions.
Quote:
Sure it is, f*ckface. (Did that come across as mature?)
If someone is in a room cheating & it's plain as day that he is & you call him a cheater, is that immature? This was no different, the guy pulled a cheap move so I called him cheap. Now you are right as far as calling him b!tch & whatnot goes but not all of the comments I made were immature.

Now you saying that just because you don't agree with our opinion would make your statement immature, but we all know that was just an example & not the case. :-)
Quote:
Was there supposed to be an analogy there?
More like a comparison but how that applies to what we are talking about is plain as day. If you don't get it then I doubt you would get an explination either.
Quote:
Maybe instead they should say, "Right or wrong, that's just the way it is."
Actually at some point they would have to, but that doesn't mean they would agree with it.

Again, the relevance in this statement is appearent. You can choose to be ignorant if you like but it's certainly not going to change anyones opinion.
Quote:
Laming is different from being disrespectful. By my book, lamers are only ONE thing: A person who breaks the saber off = peace rule. Just because someone is disrespectful doesn't mean they are a lamer. Sure, lamers can be disrespectful, such as those who break server rules although they know what the rules are. But just because someone is disrespectful doesn't mean they are a lamer. Infact, there really is no lamer in duels.
Just a difference in opinion. To me, if you are disrespectful, that's lame. Now I understand what it is you are saying, just because you drink every now & again that doesn't make you an alcoholic etc; etc. & I guess you are right on that for the most part but in this case, the guy knew exactly what he was doing. He was being a lamer.

As for the "no lamer in duels" thing, again, just a difference in opinion & I bet the majority of the Duel mode players out there would agree.
Quote:
Originally posted by eniaC
You mean like Luke did in RotJ, no way, strike that Jedi down, give into your anger. Don't let the n00b ambush in you warfare, whats that all about...sheesh...some people.

btw: gay also means happy,
and a fag is a ciggarette in some cultures.
Alright, you are right on this one. I did make it seem like him running to the ledge was an unsporty thing to do & it wasn't. So that's my mistake & apologies as far as that is concerned.

As for the gay & fag thing, the point was that using those words in that fashion is very common place. I apologize if I offended any homo's out there, it wasn't my intent but again, it's really common among Americans & making a hub-ub about it isn't going to change anything. It's just going to make you look like a whiner.
Quote:
you obviously aren't a seriously curteous player. a true curteous player would not stoop to the two year old method of calling him names and badmouthing him. he obviously made a huge mark on your e-life and e-wellbeing with that move.
It was uncivilized but certainly not uncalled for. Because of my actions, & the others as well, the guy left the room hella pist & we probably ruined the game for him maybe even for the rest of the night. Now while that in itself is not cool, think of it this way. How quick do you think he will be to do that again? Probably not to quick, he might just think about it for a second & if he doesn't, I'm sure it will happen to him again. Either he'll stop playing the game or get with the program - either way, problem solved.
Quote:
and just why the hell were you bowing long enough for him to run up to you and slash you?
Good point. To be honest I don't recall, I think I may have been taking a sip from my drink or something & then bowed, I'm not sure really. It's not like I did a bunch of taunts or bowed a couple times or anything like that, I did the 1 bow with a "Good Luck" & got lamed.

Cool Links
Star Wars Funnies

In-Game Names
Marker0077 (normal name)

Contact Info

Last edited by Marker0077; 11-30-2003 at 09:56 PM.
Old 11-30-2003, 09:53 PM   #27
Rumor
caffeine has go power!

wow marker you really take offense to someone chastizing you.

your posts are filled with self serving bull**** that you think everyone follows your rules.

thing is its morons like you that need a reality check. i'll go dig up the url for a demo and let you see what civility is really about.

oh and the top duelers in the community right?

for nf: fatal and brutal? they are at the top of their game.

ff: ap/kaoticz duelers can school anyone else (till fk comes back)

Old 11-30-2003, 10:04 PM   #28
MasterSidious

I'm not 21, I'm just 16 and I can realize that its just a ****ing god damn game here ppl. I mean seriously! Its a sweet game and all but calmn the **** down.

BTW, I would never spend the time to write that large of a post lol

FP>Sephious
67.15.20.187:29070 - FFA SO
67.15.21.115:29070 - CTF SO
67.15.18.232:29070 - Siege/FFA
Laming is tolerated
MasterSidious is offline   you may:
Old 11-30-2003, 10:08 PM   #29
Marker0077

Quote:
wow marker you really take offense to someone chastizing you.
I'm guessing you're under the impression that I'm pist here but I'm not. I apologize if it came out that way. I may be sarcastic from time to time but I don't mean anything personal by anything.

Quote:
your posts are filled with self serving bull**** that you think everyone follows your rules.
Ya, it's clear you either have no clue what you're talking about, or what I'm talking about.

I play JK Duel mode almost everyday, somedays I play for 8 to 12 hours at a time, most days it's just for an hour or 2. While waiting to play, I chat with those whom I am playing. This is something I've been doing for over a year now. I know exactly what the Duel mode communities opinion is (i.e. rules), it's you whom appearently doesn't.

Quote:
oh and the top duelers in the community right?

for nf: fatal and brutal? they are at the top of their game.

ff: ap/kaoticz duelers can school anyone else (till fk comes back)
Sooo, you know some people who are good in some ladders so that means that you are "in" the Duel community. ya you're right, I need a reality check.

Look, if anyone wants to challenge me, my contact info & in-game names are in my sig. Now I don't know anything about these ladders, they could be filled with skilled players or n00bs for al I know. What I do know is, we play a "Mortal Combat" at DS, which means a neverending tournament. Stats are reset at the beginning of each month. Come & play on DS sometime, wait till someone schools you, then look at the stats. Then imagine where our top 10 boys are at. "Reality check" that dude.
Quote:
Originally posted by MasterSidious
I'm not 21, I'm just 16 and I can realize that its just a ****ing god damn game here ppl. I mean seriously! Its a sweet game and all but calmn the **** down.
I'm cool as snow yo. I know what I'm talking about, yet again, I apologize if anyone thought I was upset. I may be sarcastic but I don't mean any offense at any time.
Quote:
Originally posted by MasterSidious
BTW, I would never spend the time to write that large of a post lol
lol, ya & appearently most people don't take the time to read them either. What I think is funny is them talking smack to me again after not even reading what I said in the first place.

Cool Links
Star Wars Funnies

In-Game Names
Marker0077 (normal name)

Contact Info
Old 11-30-2003, 10:14 PM   #30
eniaC

Quote:
I While waiting to play, I chat with those whom I am playing. This is something I've been doing for over a year now.
I hate that
That is so damn rude to fill up the screen with chat garbage when two people are dueling.
That use to be my favorite game type until all the damn binds/killtrackers/and just plain out chatting destroyed it for me.
Old 11-30-2003, 10:14 PM   #31
WadeV1589
Veteran

Mark you said "So because I use common place terminology that makes me homophobic? eeeyah, you keep fishin pal." Gay as an insult is not common place, if you think it is, you're homophobic. Why? Because anyone who is truly OK with gay people will never use it as an insult. The only people who have a right to use gay as an insult are gay people themselves and you'll find a mere handful (those usually worried about their sexuality) will.

I don't know if you've realised yet but you keep saying the majority believe what you do about people like this guy you killed...but in this thread the majority have either laughed in your face or stated quite clearly how wrong they think you are.

I'd leave it if I were you, you're in the minority here no matter what you believe and insulting people helps non.

Old 11-30-2003, 10:15 PM   #32
g//plaZma

Quote:
There may be a bit more pressure as far as ladders go but it's no more competitive than playing Duel mode regularly.
Wrong. Competitive players know the game inside and out. Maybe someone should post demos of some of the oldschool JK2 FF duel matches.

Quote:
I'm not assuming anything. I talk with the DarkSide community (which is where alot of the best Duel mode players play) via there forums & in-game. I also communicate with alot of Duel mode players in-game, ICQ, & MSN IM so I know exactly what their opinion is. Very rarely do we find people with your beliefs. I'm not assuming a damn thing.Imagine the irony. We share a difference in opinion so you leave derogatory commentary my way, all the long while preaching to me about being civilized.Quick to become uncivil? Exactly what else would need to happen for becoming uncivil to be okay?
haha DarkSide huh? Yeah, two of the best players on the DarkSide stats (not ranked too high right now cuz they probably don't play as much), brutal+/< and fatal+/< are part of my team (clan) so plz stfu. DarkSide players aren't that good.

Quote:
Realistically, it is never really okay to be uncivil but I felt like having some balls & standing up for myself. So I did. I don't understand why I am getting the third degree from you because I see things the same way the majority of the Duel mode community does.It's not my rules, it's just the understanding of the majority of the Duel mode players out there. If you were to do this to anyone in that community they would not act any different, everyone in that room would boo you for being cheap.I've played 8 year olds who got boo'ed in the game for attacking while bowing, he said "don't make fun of me, I'm only 8 & I just got this game". I apologized to the guy & he didn't do it again.
In the competitive community it's a common belief that standing up for yourself is winning. Flaming does come in but it's mostly just friendly poking fun. No need to get all serious about it.

Quote:
Age has little to do with it. Yes, adolescents are more compelled to be jersk & whatnot but that certainly doesn't excuse it.
I wouldn't exactly put it up to you to set the standard in age. I mean look at you, you're 21 (or so it says in your avatar) and you bow to other fellow honorable jedis to show your honor in an online multiplayer game. See my point?

Quote:
I don't play on ladders really, I just play in the community & that's their belief. I would imagine it wouldn't be any different for the ladder communities but of course, the majority of Duel servers are not FF so the fact that you play in FF Duel ladders would mroe than likely put you in a minority of the Duel community, which would explain your lack of understanding our beliefs.
Actually, there's always been more activity in the JK2 FF dueling ladders than NF.

Quote:
That statistic is anything but off. Again, go do the online experiment. Join a Duel mode server & attack someone while they are bowing & watch what happens, especially in the DarkSide community. That's proof enough & if you choose to not accept it from that point then you are just being ignorant & there's nothing that is going to change your mind.
I know what happens. I get the whole server yelling at me and telling me I have no honorz, as I proceed to kick ass and half way after I win 10 duels straight, I get vote-kicked off because no one can handle it. Been there, done that. As for the ignorant comment... laff.

Quote:
That may be the case but I am not referring to TFFA so I wouldn't know what your community considers sportsmanship; I am referring to Duel mode & what we consider sportsmanship. I've stated this time & time again all throughout all of my posts & the majority of Duel servers has little to no force powers. Most have jump only since force powers really take away from the actual duel.
Again, someone should post some oldschool JK2 FF duel demos. That's real dueling.

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, force powers are cool & all, they're just not my cup of tea nor the majority of Duel mode players either considering most servers don't use them. I would like to get into them someday.Yet again, I'm not saying the guy should bow, I am saying he shouldn't attack while I'm bowing.
Force adds more complexity to the game and therefore is shunned by most pubs. And that's the reason why it's played most in ladders.

Quote:
As for "your highness", I'm not playing holier than thou but thanks again for leaving derogatory commentary. Nothing more useful than that.
Comments like "You suck Flipside" isn't playing holier than thou? Oh ok.

Quote:
I never said the guy was cheating, I said he was being cheap = big difference.
Stfu honor nub. That's not what I said. If Darth Chewbacca didn't just blow a load in your eyes then maybe I think you would have read it better.

Quote:
If I had run into a cheater I would leave since there's nothing I could do really. All I can do is switch to a DarkSide server. If the cheater goes there, the DS admins will ban out the persons range & that will solve the problem altogether.
^refer to my above statement. This may help you too:

com·pre·hen·sion ( P ) Pronunciation Key (kmpr-hnshn)
n.

The act or fact of grasping the meaning, nature, or importance of; understanding.
The knowledge that is acquired in this way.
Capacity to include.
Logic. The sum of meanings and corresponding implications inherent in a term.

Quote:
Very seldom do I ever "throw a tantrum". Now this is not literally throwing a tantrum but I think I get what it is you are implying. In orderfor me to go to those lengths it would have to be something personal. This was no where even remotely near that.
So that evil honorless sith attacking you while you were showing your infinite virtual honor didn't affect your "e-life" and "e-wellbeing"????!!!!!!

You are my hero, honorable jedi master!

Quote:
Most people aren't very good, this is another reason why I play on DarkSide, it's where I can find a challenge at times.
Again, two of my teammates (clanmates) are among the top of the list on that stat server.

Quote:
Most servers aren't even FF so I can't imagine there even being any good FF Duel players but anything is possible I suppose.
Yeah, you need to watch those jk2 demos...

Quote:
Ummm, that comment wasn't even directed towards you because you were'nt the one who said it. You should read from the actual posts, not from the quotes (I'm guessing that's what you did).
Your comment was directed to the general public. Saying laming and disrespect is the same applies to me too.

GG nerd.

Old 11-30-2003, 10:35 PM   #33
MasterSidious

lol. Wow, ppl are oppinionated. Especially with the big posts. I feel I get really pissed sometimes at people in game too, but this doesn't mean that I want to ban them or hate them forever. I just move on as time goes by like I treat everything else.

BTW Wade, how dare you you ****ing old school freak. Do not "chastize" or whatever for the use of the word "gay". Its "up-to-date" meaning is stupid, dumb or something along these lines. The word makes it so that when you're older you don't have to say things like, "You are stupid"(<------ not cool shizzy). So there's an explanation for the word gay. Its a new much better word. Use it and love it bitch.

FP>Sephious
Laming is tolerated
Old 11-30-2003, 10:48 PM   #34
Rumor
caffeine has go power!

o yes i know a couple considering i have dueled ever since i started playing jk2.

fatal and brutal? they are in my clan and i recruited them duh.

as for you knowing the mentality of duelers? you are obviously only around those that strictly adhere to the honor codez cuz tehy r teh leif.

that was a small portion of the community compared to the ones that hated that bull**** in jk2.

of course you are teh allmighty marker you know everything.

Quote:
not in ja no. but those that us that were at the top of the game in jk2 know ff/so in and out and can easily take you down. even though many of us have only booted up the game to test xmod and to do matches on TWL. funny how the top 2 teams on the ff/so tdm ladder never even play but when they have a match? funny how they are both teams that were in the top 3/4 for ff/so tdm in jk2? funny how the clans we've faced have practiced day in and day out with this game but we continually rape their pink sphincters?

Old 11-30-2003, 11:01 PM   #35
eniaC

Quote:
Laming is different from being disrespectful. By my book, lamers are only ONE thing: A person who breaks the saber off = peace rule.
definition of lame:
One entry found for lame.

Main Entry: 1lame
Pronunciation: 'lAm
Function: adjective
Inflected Form(s): lam·er; lam·est
Etymology: Middle English, from Old English lama; akin to Old High German lam lame, Lithuanian limti to break down
Date: before 12th century
1 a : having a body part and especially a limb so disabled as to impair freedom of movement b : marked by stiffness and soreness <a lame shoulder>
2 : lacking needful or desirable substance : WEAK, INEFFECTUAL <a lame excuse>
3 slang : not being in the know : SQUARE
- lame·ly adverb
- lame·ness noun

synonyms for lame:
Entry Word: lame-brain
Function: noun
Text: Synonyms DUNCE, chowderhead, chucklehead, dope, ||dumbhead, dunderhead, noddy, noodle, ||schnook, ||stupe

not being in the know
weak

who's the lame ones again, I forgot.
Old 11-30-2003, 11:18 PM   #36
WadeV1589
Veteran

MasterSidious...I live in the 21st century too and that is certainly not a word for stupid. It originally meant happy, then it became the word for homosexual - words do change. It still is the word for homosexual and so to use it to mean "stupid" as well is extremely rude and ignorant.

I have no idea where you got that idea from but that was my point, some people honestly believe it is fine to use it in that context when it really is not.

Old 11-30-2003, 11:29 PM   #37
FK | unnamed
Forumite

I think people who bitch about laming/no honor/bowing are just drama queens looking for attention.

I mean really, it's just a ****ing video game.

Play it, kill **** and blow **** up and have a good time.

Who gives two ***** if some guy violates your silly little made up role playing virtual code of ethics?

Damn, why is it so hard for some of you to just play the game and leave the little girl drama at home?

http://www.crossoveresports.com
FK | unnamed is offline   you may:
Old 11-30-2003, 11:38 PM   #38
MasterSidious

OHHH yeah, I know the other meanings of the word too. BTW when you said, "some people honestly believe it is fine to use it in that context" you just agreed with me that it can be used in that context. LOL dumb ass. Thanks

FP>Sephious
Laming is tolerated
Old 11-30-2003, 11:40 PM   #39
Darth Kaan

Quote:
Nah I was making fun of him

Simple. Run a pure server, use XMOD and ban all whiners.

Darth Kaan is offline   you may:
Old 11-30-2003, 11:55 PM   #40
WadeV1589
Veteran

"you just agreed with me that it can be used in that context. LOL dumb ass. Thanks"

Firstly you had to insult me didn't you?

Secondly your understanding of the english language must be poor to think what I said meant I was agreeing with you.

some people honestly believe it is fine to use it in that context

some people - human beings in a minority
honestly believe - have in their minds that
it is fine to use it - speaking/typing the word gay
in that conext - is ok to be used as an insult

So..... human beings in a minority have in their minds that speaking/typing the word gay is ok to be used as an insult.

Did I ever say it is OK? No.

Don't argue with someone who has a firm grasp of the english language and who's trying to point out prejudism. You make yourself out to be a fool in both instances if you ignore this advice.

And those odd times I make a typo...that's a typo, not a poor grasp of the english language nor a grammatical error. Remember that.

Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Academy > Vengeance Cast Upon Lamers = Too Cool