lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Sorry....but..need to....rant
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-30-2003, 02:15 AM   #161
Rumor
caffeine has go power!

Quote:
Originally posted by //stratosph34r
No, i just don't want them pussywhipping the gaming scene. yeah, horny fanbois are idiots but the ladies aren't helping by turning a spotlight on themselves.

and yeah, most gaming chicks i've seen have been ugly. you say all the guys are too, but we ain't going' around flashing our ****ing pictures!
if stevie chase heard you she would kick your ass from here to uhm...well we'll not go there.

please go join the other dendrophiliacs in the hall.

Rumor is offline   you may:
Old 11-30-2003, 02:18 AM   #162
g//plaZma

Quote:
Originally posted by Amidala from Chop Shop
Sorry, I was busy today, or I would have responded sooner. I will accept your complement about knowing so much about the game and not whine about the sexism because I hate whiners and whining.

I know it's unusual for females to be into gaming, but it's not that unusual. And like I said before, JK2 was my first online game, and honestly, I knew nothing about servers when I started in March. But when something catches my interest, I get obsessed with it and want to learn everything I can about it. I was the same way about birds, and computers, and bicycles, and other interests of mine. When I started running a server, I read a lot of stuff online and Jedi Runner taught me a lot. Of course, the best teacher was running my servers and having to figure out how to make them do what I wanted them to do. I've made lots of mistakes at first, and I'm still learning things all the time.

Just so you know I'm not a freak, ever hear of Stevie Case?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stevie_Case_(Killcreek)
http://formen.ign.com/news/29352.html

She beat John Romero at his own game
Yup. Stevie Case plays Quake, right?

g//plaZma is offline   you may:
Old 11-30-2003, 02:26 AM   #163
eniaC

Quote:
why should i give a **** about a chop sop suey or whatever the **** you are talking about. please enlighten me.
enlightened yet?
Did ya even read the thread from the beginning?
eniaC is offline   you may:
Old 11-30-2003, 03:21 AM   #164
KaiaSowapit

Quote:

oh yeah... but... gaming chicks are ugly...

Oh wait...

What's that?! She's done a pictorial for Playboy?!!! She's attractive, smart AND into gaming???!

Crap, there goes that theory!

Welcome to the 21st century, pinheads.

My 24/7 dedicated Jedi Academy server: 66.98.177.21

Jedi vs. Merc, Melee enabled, voting disabled, high bandwidth Multiple OC-3 Connection
Lowered sabers required to use offensive Force powers
The expressions "LAMER" or "LAMING" are NOT recognized
All kills are considered fair & legal (including chat-kills & "saber-down" kills)
Abusive language, Complaining & Kill Trackers NOT Welcome
KaiaSowapit is offline   you may:
Old 11-30-2003, 03:40 AM   #165
//stratosph34r
Rookie

most of 'em are. that's what i originally said and i'm sticking to that. one moderately attractive chick with fake boobs that beat romero just because he wanted pussy and took a dive doesn't matter much. There goes your theory about my theory, whipping boy.

Quote:
quote:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry, I was busy today, or I would have responded sooner. I will accept your complement about knowing so much about the game and not whine about the sexism because I hate whiners and whining.

I know it's unusual for females to be into gaming, but it's not that unusual. And like I said before, JK2 was my first online game, and honestly, I knew nothing about servers when I started in March. But when something catches my interest, I get obsessed with it and want to learn everything I can about it. I was the same way about birds, and computers, and bicycles, and other interests of mine. When I started running a server, I read a lot of stuff online and Jedi Runner taught me a lot. Of course, the best teacher was running my servers and having to figure out how to make them do what I wanted them to do. I've made lots of mistakes at first, and I'm still learning things all the time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stevie_Case_(Killcreek)
http://formen.ign.com/news/29352.html

Yap yap yap. See what stupid fanbois encourage? Only a girl would feel comfortable yapping about herself like someone is supposed to give a ****. Really? WHaT iZ UR FAv0rite ColouR while you are at it? TELL ME MORE

Stupid ass mother****ing fanbois, encouraging this ****.

Jawa coming at ya like mini-me on speed
watch yer kneecaps
//stratosph34r is offline   you may:
Old 11-30-2003, 03:42 AM   #166
//stratosph34r
Rookie

Okay you caught me, I am jealous of the attention they get just because of their sex in gaming.

Uttini!

Jawa coming at ya like mini-me on speed
watch yer kneecaps
//stratosph34r is offline   you may:
Old 11-30-2003, 04:35 AM   #167
eniaC

Quote:
Uttini!
E Chu Ta
Old 11-30-2003, 04:53 AM   #168
Khier

Quote:
Yap yap yap. See what stupid fanbois encourage? Only a girl would feel comfortable yapping about herself like someone is supposed to give a ****. Really? WHaT iZ UR FAv0rite ColouR while you are at it? TELL ME MORE

I've seen a lot of guys that seem to feel comfortable yapping about themselves in servers. In fact, they all seem to be attracted to those same ****ing servers that clutter up the browser as a 3d interactive chat line.
Khier is offline   you may:
Old 11-30-2003, 05:16 AM   #169
Amidala from Chop Shop
Politically-correct jerk

Quote:
Whew, thank goodness I edited that post, it was going to be longer

My favorite color? Hmmm, let me see.....um, pink?, no wait......ummm.....mauve? no that's not it......hmmmm....well, teal is pretty......

Amidala from Chop Shop is offline   you may:
Old 11-30-2003, 05:23 AM   #170
Rumor
caffeine has go power!

Quote:
most of 'em are. that's what i originally said and i'm sticking to that. one moderately attractive chick with fake boobs that beat romero just because he wanted pussy and took a dive doesn't matter much. There goes your theory about my theory, whipping boy.

blah blah blah stupid mother****er there are tons and tons and tons of MEN and BOYS out there who are doing interviews because of their gaming.

EVER HEAR OF JOHNATHAN WENDEL OR THRESH?

HOW ABOUT SK.SWE IN CS?

Old 11-30-2003, 05:48 AM   #171
theguyincorner
Rookie

Wow, some people are rediculous. Gender is part of who you are no one should have to hide it because there are rabid hormone machines stalking around these games (well maybe they should for there own sake lol), but making these broad sweeping generalazations like "All girls just say they are girls to get attention" or "online girls are ugly!" is just stupid. Apparently you obtained pictures of the majority of girls that play online games which i find amazing! plus if you really just care about looks entirely you are going to end up with a stupid girl who falls for you shallow personality and ends up cheating on you in the end... but hey she was hot!!

What about people saying that girls just say they are women to get attention? I've seen these a lot of times before and it's true guys do suck up to them more. I got into a bit of a scrap with a girl on chop shop (I'm sure you read this Ami) and I ended up with about 5 other guys who werent even there when the argument started 2 maps ago now all dogging me. -oh and for future refrence don't get into fights with girls in a game cuz everyone will gang up on you lol- BUUUUUT not ALL girls are like that infact im sure the majority aren't. Probobly most girls play with non-gender defining names just to avoid the kind of people that the internet brings out (there's a girl in my clan who used to play under a male name for the longest time).

so in concluuusion if you are male - please respect the girls who play, by not being sexist and not humping their leg like a pre-neuterd puppy. and if you are female - don't use your gender to get ahead in anything, using people is terrible.

EDIT: Ohh by the way just wanted to say I used to know sk.swe in counter strike he would come into the server I always played on and get kicked for "cheating" (yes there are abusive, stupid admins in CS too).

ndred5
theguyincorner is offline   you may:
Old 11-30-2003, 06:20 AM   #172
KaiaSowapit

Quote:
hehe MOST girl gamers are ugly as butt...
I'm sure if your girlfriend played video games, she'd be the one exception, right? Oh what's that? Don't have a girlfriend?

Color me surprised.

Some of us don't make presumptions (or frankly give a hoot) about the gender of our online opponents. If you or the crowd you hang out with has this sort of childish pre-occupation, that's YOUR cross to bear.

FYI, tossing around expressions like "pussywhipped" or "stupid ass mother****ing fanbois" not only is inappropriate to these forums, but also solidifies the notion that you're nothing more than an immature cretin, trying desperately to sound "tough." Rather than insulting anyone here, you're just giving us an opportunity to laugh at your expense.

Thanks for the chuckle.

Jedi vs. Merc, Melee enabled, voting disabled, high bandwidth Multiple OC-3 Connection
All kills are considered fair & legal (including chat-kills & "saber-down" kills)
Old 11-30-2003, 07:02 AM   #173
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

Quote:
Originally posted by theguyincorner
Anyway, back on topic... Like I said before when you join a server just ask what the rules are or watch to see what everyone else is doing before you start saying "no laming" or "hey this is ffa why is no one fighting!!!" There are people maintaining and often paying for the server you are playing on. they set the rules not you. you have the privlage to play there it's not your god given right. so just respect the other players and above all the people who run the servers.

If it's not your style of server move on and find another.
Amen. If everyone played this way there would be no confusion, but I guess that simply asking what the rules are when you join is just to difficult a task for some people.

Guys, if you continue this disturbing flame war about women in video games this thread will be closed, and we were having a good discussion before this woman thing got in somehow...
TK-8252 is offline   you may:
Old 11-30-2003, 07:03 AM   #174
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Notable contributor Helpful! Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member 
Oh Dear

I'm sorry Amidala, I should've stayed on topic... !!! It was one of my posts that bought up this whole gender thing ......

Posted by Astrotoy7......

I'm sorry Amidala, I really didnt think you were a lady, I just thought you were perhaps an effeminate bloke or a big fan of Natalie Portman's character..... eg. in days of old my handle name was JadesDestiny...after Mara jade, my fave character in the SW universe.

Really, how do you put up with these *boys* You must have the patience of a saint, and the tolerance of a martyr.....

Can someone start moaning about bowing or laming again.... if not, I can see this thread being closed...

some of you guys really need to grow up... quit with the sexist remarks.....

MTFBWYA

Asinus asinum fricat
Astrotoy7 is offline   you may:
Old 11-30-2003, 07:37 AM   #175
eniaC

Quote:
and if you are female - don't use your gender to get ahead in anything, using people is terrible.

Why not, the male speices has being doing it for how long now?
you are right though, using people sucks, and two wrongs don't make a right, pardon the cliche.

Atrotoy7,
Don't blame yourself for the stupidity of somepeople, we all know it was in good fun until the cavemen strolled in.

eniaC
Old 11-30-2003, 07:43 AM   #176
Rumor
caffeine has go power!

Quote:

EDIT: Ohh by the way just wanted to say I used to know sk.swe in counter strike he would come into the server I always played on and get kicked for "cheating" (yes there are abusive, stupid admins in CS too).
SK.swe is a clan

shroet kommando - sweden

Old 11-30-2003, 10:32 AM   #177
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Quote:
Originally posted by eniaC

Astrotoy7,
Don't blame yourself for the stupidity of somepeople, we all know it was in good fun until the cavemen strolled in......

eniaC
Stupidity is the key word eniaC. Some of the things said by others above are just plain sad....

I think this thread has done its dash....

MTFBWYA

Asinus asinum fricat
Old 11-30-2003, 10:40 AM   #178
Master William
Addicted to SW:BF 2

Kaia, I don't know who the heck that girl is, so you better explain yourself. No offense intended Amidala, it just annoys me when guys must turn into slaves for online girls (happens not only in games, happens in every chat).

/me tries to end the discussion

"It's Jango Fett! And he's brought his head!"
Master William is offline   you may:
Old 11-30-2003, 01:57 PM   #179
KaiaSowapit

Quote:
Originally posted by Master William
Kaia, I don't know who the heck that girl is, so you better explain yourself.

If you're referring to this:

it's Stevie Case - otherwise known as "Killcreek" - and if you had bothered to go to either of the sites Amidala referenced for you Master William, you'd know that already.

BTW, goading people to respond and then following up with your own opinion on the subject is not an effective method to ending a discussion.

Old 11-30-2003, 02:06 PM   #180
Master William
Addicted to SW:BF 2

A very interesting person, Killercreek is. Still, I will always hate it how many girls online will form ''slaves'' to them. I am out of this topic, not caring what anyone is gonna post about me anymore.

Adios.

"It's Jango Fett! And he's brought his head!"
Master William is offline   you may:
Old 11-30-2003, 04:10 PM   #181
Luc Solar
PH34R TEH INSANE JAWA!!!

LOL! What has happened to this thread??!

About this whole "slave" thing -> only little teenage boys could possibly do something that stupid.
No need to worry about that, 'cause if they're not being the "slave" of some old hairy guy using the Jan Ors skin, then they'll be doing something else that's equally retarded.

And if someone didn't understand that the previous proposals etc. were just JOKES then I really have to go >>

(psst, amidala, did you get the flowers I sent? )

Got Honourz? Great.. I hope you choke on it!

I r0xx0r all j00 nooberz that mess with me. You nooberz suXor out of my way or I eat j00....

Most ridiculous Quote of the century: >)O(< ENmiTy: promoting mindless FFA and SD kills promotes disorderly conduct amoung the online community.
Luc Solar is offline   you may:
Old 11-30-2003, 06:38 PM   #182
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

/me unsubscribes to this thread
TK-8252 is offline   you may:
Old 11-30-2003, 09:20 PM   #183
eniaC

I'll be their slave then

Old 11-30-2003, 11:43 PM   #184
Cal-Gon Gin

as another example...

She's no Killcreek (and I'm no Hugh Grant), but you can't call Kornelia unattractive OR unskilled. She's been owning me since QW...

By the way, the whole honor thing has been much less of a problem since I started playing on th CHop SHop!

Heya Red-5, gg's!

Brit N'y

Take me away!!!
Cal-Gon Gin is offline   you may:
Old 12-01-2003, 08:50 AM   #185
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Can someone start a "FEMALE GAMERS ROCK!" thread.....

Maybe you should do it MASTER WILLIAM, to atone for your sins : D

MTFBWYA

Asinus asinum fricat
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Academy > Sorry....but..need to....rant