lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Warning!! Do Not Download Rebel Vs. Imperial Navy From Lucasfiles!! (until fixed)
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-27-2003, 05:46 PM   #1
Lindsey
Junior Member
 
Lindsey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Santa Cruz CA
Posts: 340
Exclamation Warning!! Do Not Download Rebel Vs. Imperial Navy From Lucasfiles!!

The file has a serious error that causes it to quit at any time and complain that it ran out of vehicle pool slots. A version 2 is being submited to lucasfiles as we speak. The same applys to Deathstar Attack, DONT GET IT FROM LUCASFILES!! Version 2 to each of these files can be found at pcgamemods. deathstar is at pcgamemods.com/3127/ and Rebel can be found at pcgamemods.com/3171/

I'm sorry for the problems but when I submited the files, I didnt know of the problems, but when I found out, it was too late.

Thank you
Lindsey is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-28-2003, 12:45 AM   #2
Sam Fisher
eh.
 
Sam Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,466
Thanks for the tip




stuck in an eternity of sunshine and chocolate.
Sam Fisher is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-28-2003, 11:02 AM   #3
Kurgan
Headhunter
 
Kurgan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1997
Location: The Dawn of Time
Posts: 18,324
LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Arrow

You should email the guys at LucasFiles and it can be fixed (as well as uploading the new version if you haven't already).

I played it last night and encountered the error you speak of.

Anyway, if you want fast service, talk to Andy867 or Visac. I can't do it right now, since I'm away.


Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)


"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-28-2003, 12:56 PM   #4
zeimi
 
zeimi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Finland
Posts: 68
Why does everyone have to post their maps in such a hurry? Around one third of maps get a "fixed-version" within a day of original release.
Please, test your map a bit, then some more before posting it to every file site around!
zeimi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-28-2003, 01:07 PM   #5
Kengo
 
Kengo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Radio Free Europe
Posts: 1,145
Same thing happened to me before. Sometimes you test something thoroughly (like I did) but because of files only you have on your PC (other PK3s or whatever), if won't work when it gets into the wider world and onto everyone elses PC. Same was true for some textures in my case. Some people undoutably rush stuff out, but sometimes its just down to missing one small detail after a lot of testing. Mapping does that to your mind after a while, you miss stuff as you near the end of a project

GL with the getting it sorted Lindsey!


------------------------------------------------
www.map-review.com
Kengo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-28-2003, 03:11 PM   #6
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?
 
Prime's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Cybertron
Posts: 12,355
Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally posted by zeimi
Why does everyone have to post their maps in such a hurry? Around one third of maps get a "fixed-version" within a day of original release.
Please, test your map a bit, then some more before posting it to every file site around!
I understand things having bugs, but some people release unfinished versions knowing they are going to be adding more stuff. Could they please just submit when they are done?
Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-28-2003, 05:03 PM   #7
Lindsey
Junior Member
 
Lindsey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Santa Cruz CA
Posts: 340
I had to rush the map out because it was a movie set in my lastest JKA film im currently making.
Lindsey is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-28-2003, 05:07 PM   #8
Darth Kaan
 
Darth Kaan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Ruusan
Posts: 900
Quote:
Originally posted by Kengo
Same thing happened to me before. Sometimes you test something thoroughly (like I did) but because of files only you have on your PC (other PK3s or whatever), if won't work when it gets into the wider world and onto everyone elses PC. Same was true for some textures in my case. Some people undoutably rush stuff out, but sometimes its just down to missing one small detail after a lot of testing. Mapping does that to your mind after a while, you miss stuff as you near the end of a project

GL with the getting it sorted Lindsey!
So true! Those who have never made or released a map just don't understand sometimes.

Darth Kaan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-28-2003, 05:25 PM   #9
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?
 
Prime's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Cybertron
Posts: 12,355
Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally posted by Darth Kaan
So true! Those who have never made or released a map just don't understand sometimes.
A lot of these people are the same ones who cry foul when they find a bug in a game like JO/JA...
Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-28-2003, 07:17 PM   #10
Kengo
 
Kengo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Radio Free Europe
Posts: 1,145
Quote:
Originally posted by Lindsey
I had to rush the map out because it was a movie set in my lastest JKA film im currently making.
JKA Film eh? That's something of a cool idea...

Quote:
Originally posted by Darth Kaan
So true! Those who have never made or released a map just don't understand sometimes.
Yeh, everyone can make mistakes and theres a lot can go wrong with something as complex as a map. Prime really knows about doing complex stuff under pressure of time and me emailing him on a 10 minutely basis for progress reports

Quote:
Originally posted by Prime
A lot of these people are the same ones who cry foul when they find a bug in a game like JO/JA...
I probabaly used to do that a lot more than I do now, nowadays I understand a lot more that even with a team of developers and beta testers, some thing will always slip through the net. I still refuse to accept the developers and testers of Battle for Naboo didn't notice it was awful though...


------------------------------------------------
www.map-review.com
Kengo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Academy > Warning!! Do Not Download Rebel Vs. Imperial Navy From Lucasfiles!! (until fixed)

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:26 AM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.