lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Want hardcore JA game play? (xmod2)
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-28-2003, 11:00 PM   #81
fk | screed
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Lathain Valtiel
Now now child, while i expected such a response the fact of the matter is that you are basically turning JA into JO. Hell, you practically admit it in the post.

To describe turning JA into JO as 'hardcore' (LOL) JA gameplay is thus by default plain idiotic and actually fairly provocative. Be honest to yourselves and rename the title to something more to the point as I described above.

That response is also doubly stupid as most people who know me will say that your generalization of me is so way off it's funny. I make it a point to hunt down the people you described.

I have the right to my opinion, and it is also not in your power to tell me to not state it here. So do yourself a favor and cut the bull.
do what the man says and gtfo of our thread if you dont care for the mod.

The Jedi Master with the Lightsaber of Disaster.
fk | screed is offline   you may:
Old 11-28-2003, 11:15 PM   #82
Rumor
caffeine has go power!

dude i have to say that i played 2 hours on the =X= ctf server and it was a ****ing blast.

even the katas and butterflies were made useful with the addition of kicks. its like so fast paced (moreso than in jk2, aside from slower gameplay speed) and we had a ball.

i even had the chance to spam my "WTF LAMER BOW BEFORE YOU SHOOT" bind when i was taking on 3 guys when i was capping.

rumor: "WTF LAMER BOW BEFORE YOU SHOOT"
*rumor bows
*rumor kicks

wash rinse and repeat for every kick and the four of us about died laughing.

Rumor is offline   you may:
Old 11-28-2003, 11:16 PM   #83
noide
Rookie

the xmod just released was just a beta type. it will be tweaked over the weeks and made alot better.

noide is offline   you may:
Old 11-28-2003, 11:25 PM   #84
Agen
The Spoon Guy

Right, I just played on the X-Mod server.. now my views

Kicking is more difficult that jk2 was (which is a good thing) but it's too difficult (mind you, I had a 180-210 ping) and only the x team could use the kick well
I’ve noticed the hit detection hasn’t been improved too much but it performed much better in the last round (or I was imagining it ) but overall… it just seemed… too similar to JA :-/
Still, that that () was changed was pretty cool, a few tweaks here and there and it’ll be one of the top mods

EDIT: Changed the jk2 to JA, it's too similar to JA but since it's ongoing it doesn't matter

Last edited by Agen; 11-29-2003 at 04:57 PM.
Agen is offline   you may:
Old 11-28-2003, 11:31 PM   #85
fk | screed
Rookie

I havent had a chance to try it out yet, I came home from wrok last night hit the sack and didnt wake up till 5pm today .

When I get home tonight im gonna try it out.

Old 11-28-2003, 11:48 PM   #86
Amidala from Chop Shop
Politically-correct jerk

xMod setup

I have posted instructions for server admins who want to use xMod in the Dedicated Server forum here:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...hreadid=118725

Amidala from Chop Shop is offline   you may:
Old 11-29-2003, 12:41 AM   #87
Lathain Valtiel
Ex-Angel

LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally posted by fk | screed
do what the man says and gtfo of our thread if you dont care for the mod.
Little late by.. 24 hours child.

On that note, technically the owners of the server the thread resides on are who own the thread...

Kurgan's Meatgrinder (JA Server: 72.5.248.212:29070)

Player tested, Valtiel approved.

Valtiel approved downloads for Meatgrinder: http://strategy.jediknight.net/jka/downloads.shtml
Lathain Valtiel is offline   you may:
Old 11-29-2003, 12:44 AM   #88
div3rse.jello
Rookie

Al's son?
div3rse.jello is offline   you may:
Old 11-29-2003, 12:45 AM   #89
Lathain Valtiel
Ex-Angel

LFN Staff Member 
No.

You may refer to me as God, also known as your Lord. Either is appropriate.

Valtiel approved downloads for Meatgrinder: http://strategy.jediknight.net/jka/downloads.shtml
Old 11-29-2003, 12:49 AM   #90
FK | unnamed
Forumite

yeah, the thing every one needs to keep in mind is =X= mod in Jedi Outcast was constantly being updated and tweaked and I assume this time will be no different.

What you are seeing now is just the "baby steps" of the mods life, there will be plenty more tweaking and fine tuning so don't worry if something did not get addressed in the initial release.

Not to mention in the previous mod, the =X= team kept their ear finely tuned to what the players who used their mod wanted to see fixed/tweaked, so if by chance some one did find some type of insanely cheesy move/exploit, you can pretty much guarantee that this mod would be the first (and in many cases as with some things in Outcast) the only mod that addressed them.

/edit

change the title of this thread if you want, but this really should be pinned for a while.

not so much as to promote the mod (not that promoting it would be a bad thing) but so as to let people who come here saying "JA blows", know that there is an alternative that will fill what they are looking for.

There is another mod team (unrelated) working on a mod (that does what this mod intends to do, fix bugs, fine tune game play) for the gunning world, and once a working build is out I'll inform every one here of it as well.

http://www.crossoveresports.com
FK | unnamed is offline   you may:
Old 11-29-2003, 10:00 AM   #91
PG|Prometheus
Rookie

People always have to interfer with other people. Valtiel, its obvious you don't want the mod, so I see no reason why this thread concerns you at all.

Amidala: Binding more than one move (or a single move that requires more than one key) to one key is scripting. I wasn't aware of anyone who didn't think this was cheating, but there are some people who think that?

PG|Prometheus is offline   you may:
Old 11-29-2003, 12:43 PM   #92
griff38

dissapointment checked

I think the overwhelming interest in this thread is a clear indicator =x= mod will be a big success.

Glad we have something to look forward too, JA was getting old much faster than JKO ever did.

PS I am an Athiest.

griff38 is offline   you may:
Old 11-29-2003, 01:13 PM   #93
Amidala from Chop Shop
Politically-correct jerk

Quote:
Originally posted by PG|Prometheus
Amidala: Binding more than one move (or a single move that requires more than one key) to one key is scripting. I wasn't aware of anyone who didn't think this was cheating, but there are some people who think that?
Quote:
Originally posted by Amidala from Chop Shop
... scripts (combinations of moves bound to a single key, which some consider "cheating").
Umm, didn't we define scripting the same way, LOL?

I don't use scripts. But there are some who say it is different from for instance using a wall hack or an aimbot because "it is available to everyone, and therefore it isn't a cheat". I guess it's a gray area or debatable, or depends upon the meaning of "is" is, as a former President might say. I think it is a crutch that keeps people from getting "skillful" (and we are defining skill by how well you use a computer keyboard and mouse, not hitting a tee shot or a baseball or kicking a field goal or performing surgery).

Last edited by Amidala from Chop Shop; 11-30-2003 at 01:17 AM.
Amidala from Chop Shop is offline   you may:
Old 11-29-2003, 02:55 PM   #94
//stratosph34r
Rookie

Thumbs up

daddy like!
maybe we can get some balls back into this community now with this, since with Raven the competitve community has gone to ****.

Jawa coming at ya like mini-me on speed
watch yer kneecaps
//stratosph34r is offline   you may:
Old 11-29-2003, 02:56 PM   #95
Lathain Valtiel
Ex-Angel

LFN Staff Member 
On the bright side, scripting is fairly easy to see from miles away if you're at least paying attention to your screen...

Quote:
But there are some who say it is different from for instance using a wall hack or an aimbot because "it is available to everyone, and therefore it isn't a cheat".
On that note, you could argue that since there on aimbots on public websites (Including for JA), it is in theory available to everyone with an internet connection, which of course you must obviously have if you're playing JA MP. And on the art of scripting, you need to know such a thing is possible in the first place, and so on and so forth. I don't think it's mentioned in the manual. It's something of a really bad argument to me.

Old 11-29-2003, 04:46 PM   #96
Agen
The Spoon Guy

Scripting isn't really all that useful, a good play can probably out [insert scripted move here] the scripter.
Agen is offline   you may:
Old 11-29-2003, 04:52 PM   #97
Rad Blackrose
Banned

Considering the fanbois of the base JA are coming out of the woodwork once again to attempt to belittle those who want to stir the competitive scene again, I guess it's time to find a napalm canister... There she is.

You people bitched at us for wanting JA to be different, to inspire an aura of competitiveness.

You bitched at us when we were doing the same thing you did in JKII when you didn't get your way: You raised a crying ****storm and got Raven to nerf things across the board.

Then you proceeded to tell us to shut up or change it.

Guess what, now we're changing it, and now it's our turn to tell you to put up, or shut the **** up and get out of this thread.

This goes especially for Lathain, who right off the bat had nothing constructive to say, and instead opened the door with flamebait. Taking lessons from William, have we? Oh wait, there's the grandmaster of the fanboi trolls right now! Gee, two birds in one stone, how could it ever be so grand!

Find the closest high rising cliff you can find, and proceed to throw yourselves off it. Society has exceeded its capacity for mentally incapable attention whores, here's your ticket. GOODBYE!

Now, on to XMOD.

I haven't had a chance to pick it up due to JA being on my CPU back in Milwaukee, but just thinking about the counters to standard JO kick introduced in JA will make this a much better experience. Clue card please to those who says it will be too JOish.

And is the LOS restriction going to be off grip anytime soon?
Rad Blackrose is offline   you may:
Old 11-29-2003, 06:13 PM   #98
Darth Kaan

Re: dissapointment checked

Quote:
Originally posted by griff38
I think the overwhelming interest in this thread is a clear indicator =x= mod will be a big success.
Yes, let's hope it is.

Darth Kaan is offline   you may:
Old 11-29-2003, 06:57 PM   #99
PG|Prometheus
Rookie

Yes, and hopefully hex will add script detetction like he did with the jk2 versions of xmod.

I don't quite understand, when I've read posts here in the past, there have been numerous people almost crying about not letting kicks back into the game (even under cvar activation/deactivation). But now its actually happened, you all seem happy.

Hehe, anyway, watch out for the s/o ff 5v5 ctf ladder coming soon to www.provinggrounds.com

PG|Prometheus is offline   you may:
Old 11-29-2003, 07:07 PM   #100
Darth Kaan

Quote:
Originally posted by PG|Prometheus
Hehe, anyway, watch out for the s/o ff 5v5 ctf ladder coming soon to www.provinggrounds.com
Hey P,

I would love to get in on that! Is it for organized teams/clans only?

Darth Kaan is offline   you may:
Old 11-29-2003, 07:59 PM   #101
Rumor
caffeine has go power!

scripting is not cheating guys. the only one ever to give anyone an advantage would be the te script and thats been dealt with.

scripted kicks? who cares they are stuck kicking in one exact fashion from one exact distance. nowhere near as good as a natural kicker.

scripted kata/butterfly/lunge ? whats different with those than doing them by hand? so what if they have it on one button.

i fail to see the advantage other than you have more keys to make chat scripts with.

competitive players just accept that the people they face have scripts (stems from quake series its a big tradition) and have to be secure in that if they don't know their **** well enough they will get beaten.

Old 11-29-2003, 09:49 PM   #102
g//plaZma

Quote:
No.

Wow you just took on that "elitest" attitude that you accused UJ of having. gj!

Anyways the mod looks pretty good. Still lacking some things. My JO/JA days are over most likely. GL guys!

g//plaZma is offline   you may:
Old 11-29-2003, 10:04 PM   #103
Rumor
caffeine has go power!

Quote:
Originally posted by g//plaZma

Anyways the mod looks pretty good. Still lacking some things. My JO/JA days are over most likely. GL guys!
there is a not-so-fine line between "eliteist" and pompous asses.

the eliteist people (as many of you call them) are more humble than many of you and are simply stating facts, not waveing them out saying 'HAHA I OWN YOU FAGGOT NEWBS U SUK!!!!"

hell 99% of the time they are simply telling the person to put up or shut up so they don't have to hear their bull**** anymore.

Old 11-29-2003, 10:37 PM   #104
KaiaSowapit

Quote:
My god is a woman... how do you look in a skirt?

I must admit I'm intrigued with the profanity filter of xMod, but what's this nonsense about banning the Jawa model? Also, is the amsleep, etc. crap really necessary?

My 24/7 dedicated Jedi Academy server: 66.98.177.21

Jedi vs. Merc, Melee enabled, voting disabled, high bandwidth Multiple OC-3 Connection
Lowered sabers required to use offensive Force powers
The expressions "LAMER" or "LAMING" are NOT recognized
All kills are considered fair & legal (including chat-kills & "saber-down" kills)
Abusive language, Complaining & Kill Trackers NOT Welcome
KaiaSowapit is offline   you may:
Old 11-29-2003, 10:43 PM   #105
Lathain Valtiel
Ex-Angel

LFN Staff Member 
Quote:

Buddy, if you were paying any sort of attention to this thread you would've noticed that I said this was an inside joke previously. Last Thursday I played on Kurgan's server as [R.I.P] God, Tesla was [R.I.P] Jesus, and Kurgan himself was [R.I.P] Holy Ghost. The Sam that posted in this thread will also get it, I was considering asking him to be R.I.P Apostle. LOL

Old 11-29-2003, 10:45 PM   #106
MasterSidious

Quote:
Now now child, while i expected such a response the fact of the matter is that you are basically turning JA into JO. Hell, you practically admit it in the post.

To describe turning JA into JO as 'hardcore' (LOL) JA gameplay is thus by default plain idiotic and actually fairly provocative. Be honest to yourselves and rename the title to something more to the point as I described above.

That response is also doubly stupid as most people who know me will say that your generalization of me is so way off it's funny. I make it a point to hunt down the people you described.

I have the right to my opinion, and it is also not in your power to tell me to not state it here. So do yourself a favor and cut the bull.
WTF
lol
Sooooooooooo much complicated words!

Stop this ****.

I'm not taking any sides here. I'm a moder myself. I can make this JA chalenging. And damn, wtf is up with the fk? Gotta love um Played on fk servers for years. They'll never surprise you how crazy ass they can be. I know what makes them all tick. It's that god damn ****ing peice of **** front kick. I'll make a mod as soon as I get JA so that I can make a one click super kick that I can be a complete ****ing whore in. Lol. IT'll be so much ****ing fun!

FP>Sephious
67.15.20.187:29070 - FFA SO
67.15.21.115:29070 - CTF SO
67.15.18.232:29070 - Siege/FFA
Laming is tolerated
MasterSidious is offline   you may:
Old 11-29-2003, 10:46 PM   #107
Lathain Valtiel
Ex-Angel

LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally posted by KaiaSowapit
My god is a woman... how do you look in a skirt?
Well, considering I am all-powerful, I could in theory change gender and looks at will. I'm the (wo?)man of your dreams baby.

*Busts a gut laughing*

Old 11-29-2003, 10:47 PM   #108
g//plaZma

Quote:
Buddy, if you were paying any sort of attention to this thread you would've noticed that I said this was an inside joke previously. Last Thursday I played on Kurgan's server as [R.I.P] God, Tesla was [R.I.P] Jesus, and Kurgan himself was [R.I.P] Holy Ghost. The Sam that posted in this thread will also get it, I was considering asking him to be R.I.P Apostle. LOL
LOLOLOL K CAN I B [R.I.P] CHEWBACCA????

Old 11-29-2003, 10:50 PM   #109
g//plaZma

BTW plz stop hijacking this thread with your inside jokes. No1 likes you. Thx.

Old 11-29-2003, 10:52 PM   #110
Lathain Valtiel
Ex-Angel

LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
LOLOLOL K CAN I B [R.I.P] CHEWBACCA????
All I have to say is, I hope for the sake of general respect by the public your maturity level does not reflect that of the 'elite' (loosely used) community.

Old 11-29-2003, 10:57 PM   #111
g//plaZma

Quote:
All I have to say is, I hope for the sake of general respect by the public your maturity level does not reflect that of the 'elite' (loosely used) community.
Ok can we have tea sometime? I'd love to exchange bows with you, oh great honorable jedi master. Please teach me the ways of the force.

Old 11-29-2003, 11:01 PM   #112
fome
Rookie

Quote:
but what's this nonsense about banning the Jawa model?

Banning jawa model is optional, so it doesn't have to be disabled, but if you're wondering why anyone would want to ban the cute jawa it's because in team games its harder (not impossible by looking at the crosshair colour)to see which team the jawa is on, as it has no team colours. Thats the only explaination i can think of

eds
fome is offline   you may:
Old 11-29-2003, 11:41 PM   #113
//stratosph34r
Rookie

Jawa coming at ya like mini-me on speed
watch yer kneecaps
//stratosph34r is offline   you may:
Old 11-30-2003, 12:34 AM   #114
fk | screed
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by MasterSidious
WTF
lol
Sooooooooooo much complicated words!

Stop this ****.

I'm not taking any sides here. I'm a moder myself. I can make this JA chalenging. And damn, wtf is up with the fk? Gotta love um Played on fk servers for years. They'll never surprise you how crazy ass they can be. I know what makes them all tick. It's that god damn ****ing peice of **** front kick. I'll make a mod as soon as I get JA so that I can make a one click super kick that I can be a complete ****ing whore in. Lol. IT'll be so much ****ing fun!
Wrong, i would kick your ass with sidekick too

Old 11-30-2003, 12:36 AM   #115
fk | screed
Rookie

Quote:
Any time you wanna challenge the "elite" community than so be it. You know where to find me and all the other "elites". Any game, any time, any where. Hell, I can probobly whoop you in pong too.

Old 11-30-2003, 01:16 AM   #116
Master William
Addicted to SW:BF 2

Quote:
Originally posted by fk | screed
Any time you wanna challenge the "elite" community than so be it. You know where to find me and all the other "elites". Any game, any time, any where. Hell, I can probobly whoop you in pong too.
After that, challenge me and the other ''titans and champions''.

"It's Jango Fett! And he's brought his head!"
Master William is offline   you may:
Old 11-30-2003, 01:31 AM   #117
eniaC

Quote:
Originally posted by Master William
After that, challenge me and the other ''titans and champions''.
Ollie...truck to head...nuff said. gg.

When 'r ya changin yer name too Darth William, tis fit thee better.
eniaC is offline   you may:
Old 11-30-2003, 01:51 AM   #118
KaiaSowapit

Quote:
Originally posted by fome
Banning jawa model is optional, so it doesn't have to be disabled, but if you're wondering why anyone would want to ban the cute jawa it's because in team games its harder (not impossible by looking at the crosshair colour)to see which team the jawa is on, as it has no team colours. Thats the only explaination i can think of
Ahh... that makes sense (though I'd still argue that huge floating team icon over people's heads should be clue enough ).

I was just concerned people were still buying into that "Jawas are magically indestructible" myth.

Again, the mute/squelch/profanity filter really appeals to me, I'm just curious though... can this be run server-side only, or does it require clients to have the patch as well?

Lastly, as far as the previous discussion goes regarding this thread's title; soon as we have instagib and LMS (last man standing) gameplay options, I'll call it hardcore. Right now it just sounds like JA with flipkicks... whooptie doo.

My 24/7 dedicated Jedi Academy server: 66.98.177.21

Jedi vs. Merc, Melee enabled, voting disabled, high bandwidth Multiple OC-3 Connection
Lowered sabers required to use offensive Force powers
The expressions "LAMER" or "LAMING" are NOT recognized
All kills are considered fair & legal (including chat-kills & "saber-down" kills)
Abusive language, Complaining & Kill Trackers NOT Welcome
KaiaSowapit is offline   you may:
Old 11-30-2003, 02:05 AM   #119
Rumor
caffeine has go power!

Quote:
i hope that your maturity level doesn't reflect that of dendrophiliacs. hell i hope it doesn't reflect anything as it would be an insult for an ant to have your level of maturity.

Old 11-30-2003, 02:06 AM   #120
eniaC

no-respawn would be gnifty,
eniaC is offline   you may:
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Academy > Want hardcore JA game play? (xmod2)