lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Why can't anyone just PLAY?
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-05-2003, 08:47 PM   #1
kantaris
Lurker

Why can't anyone just PLAY

(Please excuse any errors in my post, I have 2 broken fingers on my right hand)

I got Jedi Academy for a reason, because I like killing people with my lightsaber/gun. Most of the lower ping servers are either empty, or have people just standing around.

WHY WILL NOBODY FIGHT.

So, apparantly, a game, in which the purpose is to kill others, if you kill somebody with their saber down or their chat box up, it's unethical.

If you people want to chat, go on IRC, that's what it's for.

If you dont want to fight, then simply DON'T PLAY! It's not hard! I can't get a decent game in, because on most of the servers, you get kicked/banned for playing the game! If you use force powers alot, it's considered laming, and some of the time, you get a server kick. Gripping off a cliff is laming, using guns is laming (on a gun server too!)

Somkeone's gotta help me. If you know any servers that are servers for playing the game, PLEASE, tell me! I'm tired of joining a different server every 5 mins!
kantaris is offline   you may:
Old 12-05-2003, 09:09 PM   #2
g//plaZma

Heh we all suffer from this idiocy since JK2. The only advice I can give you is to find a good server and stick with it. Chop Shop, =X=, and basically any server run by a competitive clan or an admin who won't tolerate this honor bullsh1t is good (Kurgan's server). That's what I do for my pubbing.

g//plaZma is offline   you may:
Old 12-05-2003, 09:12 PM   #3
kantaris
Lurker

I thank you for your reply, and I will start searching asap!

If anyone else has any server ideas, please feel free to reply
Old 12-05-2003, 09:21 PM   #4
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
On my server people play the game, or they don't play. ; )

I'm not heavy handed about it, just no-nonesense... and thus they know what to expect on my server: lots of explosions and slashing and dying, as the developers intended!

Amidala seems to subscribe to this philosophy as well, I'm happy to say. Just look, there are some good servers out there, and when you find them you'll be happy!

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may:
Old 12-05-2003, 10:15 PM   #5
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

If someone doesn't want to fight, and the server lets people chat, duel, role play, etc. then they don't have to fight.

My advice to you:

Find a server for fighting, *Kurgan's Meatgrinder* and Chop Shop are examples of the type of server's you'd probably be interested in.
TK-8252 is offline   you may:
Old 12-05-2003, 10:18 PM   #6
Master_Keralys
Forumite

Hey Kurgan - does your server have a name? Just out of curiousity, b/c you only ever show your IP address. Maybe if I ever get to play online, I'll go there, but I'm going to recommend it to friends, and if it has a name it'll be easier.

Sorry if this is posted elsewhere.

Master_Keralys is offline   you may:
Old 12-05-2003, 10:20 PM   #7
g//plaZma

Why does everyone in the honor crowd refer to playing the game as "fighting?" Pressing keys on a keyboard is hardly fighting.

Old 12-05-2003, 10:48 PM   #8
idontlikegeorge

Location: Striking fear into the hearts of Demolicans and Republicrats.
I thought the point of a F/TPS game in multiplayer was to fight.

If I wanna chat, I'll go play a free MMORPG like Tibia or something. The Jedi games aren't places for group role-play - they just aren't made for that.

I guess a good "action" game that you can group role-play is Multi-Theft-Auto, the multiplay mod for GTA3 and Vice City... buggy, but still fun... and given the relative humor of those environments, goofy role-playing and chatting while in a gunfight outside an Ammunation seems somehow right.

But not the Jedi Knight games. It's fighting. If I want a character or story, I'll play SP episodes, and slowly complete my own.

I don't like quake, never liked quake, and don't like Star Wars quake. So basically jk2mp.exe never gets used on my computer.

Shaving is not a high priority with Jedi. Would you want to shave with a lightsaber?
idontlikegeorge is offline   you may:
Old 12-05-2003, 10:55 PM   #9
SpecialForces

If I go on a server and no one is playing, I just screw them and lame everyone until I get kicked!!!
And I do not do it if there are people playing, not even if one person is playing. There are allways ways to have fun

Defenders of the Force -The Jedi Academy Clan-

"<FP> Fallen Power"
-Siege- IP: 67.15.18.232:29070
"<FP> Fallen Power"
-CTF- IP: 67.15.20.187:29070
"<FP> Fallen Power"
-CTF- IP: 67.15.21.115:29070
SpecialForces is offline   you may:
Old 12-05-2003, 11:11 PM   #10
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Arrow Glad you asked!

Quote:
Hey Kurgan - does your server have a name? Just out of curiousity, b/c you only ever show your IP address. Maybe if I ever get to play online, I'll go there, but I'm going to recommend it to friends, and if it has a name it'll be easier.

Sorry if this is posted elsewhere.
The name varies, but usually it's *Kurgan's Meatgrinder* (for general FFA mayhem and CTF) or *Kurgan's Assault & Battery* (Siege). If it's named something else, chances are I'm running some whacky mods or some such. ; )

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may:
Old 12-06-2003, 12:51 AM   #11
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

Quote:
Originally posted by SpecialForces
If I go on a server and no one is playing, I just screw them and lame everyone until I get kicked!!!
You must have a really sad life, no offense.
Old 12-06-2003, 01:58 AM   #12
Sam Fisher
eh.

I like the @BWN servers, because if there is an admin on it, and you screw around, you'll get kicked, no questions asked. Otherwise, you can do anything you want.

stuck in an eternity of sunshine and chocolate.
Sam Fisher is offline   you may:
Old 12-06-2003, 02:08 AM   #13
g//plaZma

Quote:
Originally posted by TK8252MJL
You must have a really sad life, no offense.
Less than I can say for honorable 12 yr old jedi masters who sit around in servers, chatting like it's a virtual chatroom while occasionally screaming "LAMER," no offense.

Old 12-06-2003, 02:28 AM   #14
kantaris
Lurker

this thread has given me new hope! Awesome for those of us who actually play the game
Old 12-06-2003, 03:32 AM   #15
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

Quote:
Originally posted by g//plaZma
Less than I can say for honorable 12 yr old jedi masters who sit around in servers, chatting like it's a virtual chatroom while occasionally screaming "LAMER," no offense.
Thank god I'm not like that!
Old 12-06-2003, 05:56 AM   #16
Amidala from Chop Shop
Politically-correct jerk

I went to the JK3Files Server tonight, just to see what another server was like. It was FFA on the mp/ffa3 map, Tatooine City. Out of about a dozen people, two were having a saber fight outside. The rest were in several groups, saber off and chatting.
Some were pretending they were running the cantina, complaining that "the stupid jawas were late with the food supply". Others were pretending to be patrons in the cantina, and were ordering Bantha soup and AT-ST rum drinks. Everyone was very calm and well-behaved. They seemed to be having fun, I guess that's all that really matters.

As Mr. Spock would say, "Fascinating".

Amidala from Chop Shop is offline   you may:
Old 12-06-2003, 06:05 AM   #17
Rumor
caffeine has go power!

Quote:
Originally posted by Amidala from Chop Shop
I went to the JK3Files Server tonight, just to see what another server was like. It was FFA on the mp/ffa3 map, Tatooine City. Out of about a dozen people, two were having a saber fight outside. The rest were in several groups, saber off and chatting.
Some were pretending they were running the cantina, complaining that "the stupid jawas were late with the food supply". Others were pretending to be patrons in the cantina, and were ordering Bantha soup and AT-ST rum drinks. Everyone was very calm and well-behaved. They seemed to be having fun, I guess that's all that really matters.

having LARP'd often and played dungeons and dragons quite a bit, i can see how this is fun, but i would only do it with very close friends (as in irl friends -- tho i think you can make very very good friends over the net) and if it wasn't on LAN it would be in a pw'd server and i wouldn't be using my normal name

Rumor is offline   you may:
Old 12-06-2003, 01:56 PM   #18
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Notable contributor Helpful! Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally posted by SpecialForces
And I do not do it if there are people playing, not even if one person is playing. There are allways ways to have fun
Cut SpecialForces some slack guys, his got a CRAP PC, isnt allowed to get JK3 unless he gets straight A's, and wont be gettin a new PC anyway because the money is spent on his sisters horse ! Read his sig and feel the young mans pain !

Remember this special forces...

....that horse will one day be glue, and in 2010 you will own your own souped up gaming PC, and be playing JK6 at 400fps on your 3GB video card.....

MTFBWYA

Asinus asinum fricat

Last edited by Astrotoy7; 12-07-2003 at 10:30 AM.
Astrotoy7 is offline   you may:
Old 12-06-2003, 03:20 PM   #19
WadeV1589
Veteran

If you ever see a server starting with WadeV1589 or Scotty79 check them out, they are servers who's only rule is "never say lamer/laming/lame"...and believe it or not some people come in and can't accept that one rule! It's like "you can't kill me with saber down, you can't kill me chatting but by God I can scream lamer as much as I want even if it's the only rule you enforce"...

As for the JK3Files server, if Shroom is in there people obey the rules, there was one admin in there last time I was in who enjoyed using the word lamer and hardly fighting which I find disappointing. JK3Files is only good when the admin is there to watch everyone, otherwise it turns into what you said...saying that JK3Files has the "saber down and chatting means no kill" rule...which is usually 70% of the people in the server...I hate that rule, it ruins servers.

StargateMods.com - collaborating all the Stargate mods out there.

SG4RealJA - get a bit of SG realism!
SGEgyptJA - flying and dialing a gate only to be killed by it!
WadeV1589 is offline   you may:
Old 12-06-2003, 04:17 PM   #20
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

Quote:

What?! I MISSED IT!!!!!!

Old 12-06-2003, 06:23 PM   #21
SpecialForces

Quote:
Originally posted by Astrotoy7
Cut SpecialForces some slack guys, his got a CRAP PC, isnt allowed to get JK3 unless he gets straight A's, and wont be gettin a new PC anyway because the money is spent on his sisters horse ! Read his sig and feel the young mans pain !

Remember this special forces...

....that horse will one day be glue, and in 2010 you will own your own souped up gaming PC, and be playing JK6 at 400fps on your 3ghz video card.....

MTFBWYA
YAY!
something to look forward too!!!

"<FP> Fallen Power"
"<FP> Fallen Power"
"<FP> Fallen Power"
Old 12-07-2003, 07:14 AM   #22
acdcfanbill
..the wonders I have seen

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
yet another server to add to the list for people fed up with whiney players who scream lamer at everyone who doesnt fall onto their blade. check my sig its alwasy up, located in NY and run either all default setup, or xmod w/ kicks

acdcfanbill is offline   you may:
Old 12-07-2003, 08:26 AM   #23
FK | unnamed
Forumite

Quote:

Bones would have said "Jim, let's blow these dorks all to hell".

The rpg guys are cool, I don't bother them.

Most of our beef (and I assume the same as the guy who made this thread) is with "Jedi Chatters".

Chatting in a FPS is no big deal.

Where the problem lies is when those said chatters get touched/killed/looked at the wrong way, and flip out on people (voting them off the server, banning them).

And this is the weird part I don't get...

If you are not playing and just chatting, why do you care what another player does to your "body"?

Chat messages will still get broadcast, you don't have to stand face to face to talk (other than mm3).

http://www.crossoveresports.com
FK | unnamed is offline   you may:
Old 12-07-2003, 09:21 AM   #24
acdcfanbill

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
their reasons defy all logic of man, space, time, or god. I dont know that for sure, but im betting it does I for the most part try to leave chatters alone just so i dont have to listen to them complain, unless they are shooting their mouth off or something, then its open season course, i usually get kicked from pubs before too long anyway

Old 12-07-2003, 04:25 PM   #25
Jeff 42

My clan's server is an FFA all-weapon server with no silly rules about "laming" or anything like that. It's usually empty (which is kind of sad, because the JK2 FFA server was the best one out there and was typically near full capacity for several hours each evening), but sometimes there are some good games going there.

[oE] The Obsidian Empire ^1FFA ^5TX|49ms|66.98.178.12:25000

My Jedi Outcast/Jedi Academy movies:
Jeff 42 is offline   you may:
Old 12-07-2003, 07:26 PM   #26
Amidala from Chop Shop
Politically-correct jerk

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff 42
My clan's server is an FFA all-weapon server with no silly rules about "laming" or anything like that. It's usually empty (which is kind of sad, because the JK2 FFA server was the best one out there and was typically near full capacity for several hours each evening), but sometimes there are some good games going there.

[oE] The Obsidian Empire ^1FFA ^5TX|49ms|66.98.178.12:25000
The Obsidian Empire (formerly Cardassia Prime when I played on it in JK2) was one of my favorite servers (along with HuntingWabbits.com) when I first started playing JK2, and was one of the inspirations for my first Chop Shop server. The oE guys are some of the most amazing players I've ever seen, and I feel great when I see Redstar, Eidolon, and Firezombie coming by to play on my servers. If you go to the oE server you will be guaranteed a great game, with no worries about being called a "lamer".

I will show my gratitude to you guys by promoting your server on my servers with my infamous automated server messages. If there are any other server operators running no honor code, no whining, true FFA servers, list them here or private message me and I'll do the same for you. Players who like to really play the game need to know where else they can go if their favorite server is full or down, without having to worry about being called "lamer" or being punished for "killing" someone in a "dishonorable" way.

Amidala from Chop Shop is offline   you may:
Old 12-07-2003, 09:50 PM   #27
SpecialForces

Chop shop owns.
I cant wait to get JA.
It better not be full
As soon as I install it im going strait to Chop Shop.

Things I love about Chop Shop in jk2:
1. Time limits. ctf doesnt go on forever.
2. NO lag.
3. one time there was an admin problem but thats ok Amidala responded instantly to my complaint.
No abusive admins
4. Great variety of maps and gametypes.
5. I like the name

Amidala:
your pm inbox is full so I cant send you any mesages.

"<FP> Fallen Power"
"<FP> Fallen Power"
"<FP> Fallen Power"
Old 12-07-2003, 10:34 PM   #28
saurumonk
Banned

yeah i noticed that myself in a FFA the other day... I'm still fairly new to the game --however I do know the difference between duel and free for all-- it's kinda of self explanitory. everyone was standing around watching 2 ppl duel at a time some sabers off some sabers on.... so I did exactly what the game said- I went free for all and sabered everyone mostly the ones with sabers on and still got you f---ing lamer and stupid noob... the way I look at it if you want 1v1 there are tons of servers for that purpose, dont waste space in a game to spectate when you are not meant to- go to a duel server and spectate and wait your turn there... ima kill everyone I see standing around in a free for all game unles they are chat boxed maybe then theyll get the hint to go to the appropriate game( if the players in this game are anything like the ones on battle.net- then this message will probably go in one ear and out the other and continue doing stupid **** regardless of what you try to get them to do.
saurumonk is offline   you may:
Old 12-07-2003, 11:49 PM   #29
acdcfanbill

Yea i play on there a fair amount, when im looking for some fast action. killing two or three guys in a group with one swing is so satisfying plus alot of the ppl there are fairly good so its never easy to win, normally half the server at a high tier of kills, and the other half have only a handful

Old 12-08-2003, 12:04 AM   #30
FK | unnamed
Forumite

Quote:
Originally posted by saurumonk
yeah i noticed that myself in a FFA the other day... I'm still fairly new to the game --however I do know the difference between duel and free for all-- it's kinda of self explanitory. everyone was standing around watching 2 ppl duel at a time some sabers off some sabers on.... so I did exactly what the game said- I went free for all and sabered everyone mostly the ones with sabers on and still got you f---ing lamer and stupid noob... the way I look at it if you want 1v1 there are tons of servers for that purpose, dont waste space in a game to spectate when you are not meant to- go to a duel server and spectate and wait your turn there... ima kill everyone I see standing around in a free for all game unles they are chat boxed maybe then theyll get the hint to go to the appropriate game( if the players in this game are anything like the ones on battle.net- then this message will probably go in one ear and out the other and continue doing stupid **** regardless of what you try to get them to do.
And no matter what bull**** people try to feed you or whatever insults they toss your way, you did NOTHING wrong.

What happens to guys like him ^ on public servers is the exact reason why I can't stand admin mods and honor dorks.

They (the honor dorks and admin mods) drive guys like him out of the community. They just can't let this guy enjoy his game like a normal person.

He's butting in and tainting their perfect little structured Jedi Fantasy world and he must be cast out.

And what kind of guy is he?

Just some dude looking to play a game he bought.

http://www.crossoveresports.com
FK | unnamed is offline   you may:
Old 12-08-2003, 12:14 AM   #31
g//plaZma

Quote:
Originally posted by FK | unnamed
And no matter what bull**** people try to feed you or whatever insults they toss your way, you did NOTHING wrong.

What happens to guys like him ^ on public servers is the exact reason why I can't stand admin mods and honor dorks.

They (the honor dorks and admin mods) drive guys like him out of the community. They just can't let this guy enjoy his game like a normal person.

He's butting in and tainting their perfect little structured Jedi Fantasy world and he must be cast out.

And what kind of guy is he?

Just some dude looking to play a game he bought.
Yeah, really. People should be allowed to connect to servers and play the game as it was intended.

What this guy described is what I went through when I first started JK2. I mean I really don't see the thrill of standing somewhere in the map with your saber off and chatting to people. Can someone who likes doing this actually explain this to me?

Old 12-08-2003, 12:32 AM   #32
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

I was not aware that there was some ultimate law of the land that said ALL people and servers MUST encourage players to play EXACTLY HOW THE GAME TELLS YOU TO.

Is there some reason why a server cannot tweak their gameplay to allow players to do something other than what the game was intended for? IMO, just constant killing and killing gets boring after a while. Humans are social creatures.

And the reason we dont just host a duel server is because it's better to be able to do a little of everything. A little FFA, a little dueling, a little chatting, a little role playing, is that so much to ask?

The server is paying for the service, they should be able to set what rules they want. And people should respect these rules, because no one is forcing you to stay there. If your idea of having a "fun time" in a video game is going around disrespecting people and making people's gaming experience misreable then you need to consider rethinking your life.
Old 12-08-2003, 12:46 AM   #33
g//plaZma

Quote:
I was not aware that there was some ultimate law of the land that said ALL people and servers MUST encourage players to play EXACTLY HOW THE GAME TELLS YOU TO.
No there isn't but there are more servers with the honor laws than normal gameplay servers. I find it weird.

Quote:
Is there some reason why a server cannot tweak their gameplay to allow players to do something other than what the game was intended for? IMO, just constant killing and killing gets boring after a while. Humans are social creatures.
The IRC argument stands true with this statement. It's a game, people.

Quote:
And the reason we dont just host a duel server is because it's better to be able to do a little of everything. A little FFA, a little dueling, a little chatting, a little role playing, is that so much to ask?
It gets confusing when you connect to a server labeled FFA and you get cursed at for killing people and then the next second you get /amsleeped and an admin is standing over you telling you that you're a mother****ing lamer and that u have no honor. At least get someone to do a mod for you guys so your servers are clearly labeled "RPG Honor Server" or something. By cursing at newcomers for killing someone, you're driving them away from a perfectly fun game. It's not really obvious to newcomers that you guys are honor people and don't like it when others kill you because this defies yoda's code of jedi honor.

Quote:
The server is paying for the service, they should be able to set what rules they want. And people should respect these rules, because no one is forcing you to stay there. If your idea of having a "fun time" in a video game is going around disrespecting people and making people's gaming experience misreable then you need to consider rethinking your life.
I'd hardly consider killing people in a video game where you're supposed to kill people making someones gaming experience miserable. If this really does make your "e-wellbeing" and "e-life" so miserable, bring it to court or something. Yeah, admins can make their own rules but being total *******s to newcomers is pretty lame.

Old 12-08-2003, 01:00 AM   #34
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

Quote:
No there isn't but there are more servers with the honor laws than normal gameplay servers. I find it weird.
Yes, that does seem to be werid, but it just shows that most players are, as you guys put it, "honor nerds".

Quote:
The IRC argument stands true with this statement. It's a game, people.
Some people find chatting in a 3D video game more interesting than chatting on a square box on your internet browser.

Quote:
telling you that you're a mother****ing lamer
Good "honor" servers don't do that sort of thing. Just because one bee stings doesn't mean that the whole hive is responsible. (is that how that saying goes? *shrugs*)

Quote:
I'd hardly consider killing people in a video game where you're supposed to kill people making someones gaming experience miserable. If this really does make your "e-wellbeing" and "e-life" so miserable, bring it to court or something.
First of all, if you don't want to fight, and the server has rules protecting those who do not want to fight, you are expecting not to be attacked. So if you are then attacked, your experience with the game becomes less pleasant.

Quote:
Yeah, admins can make their own rules but being total *******s to newcomers is pretty lame.
Quote:
Good "honor" servers don't do that sort of thing. Just because one bee stings doesn't mean that the whole hive is responsible. (is that how that saying goes? *shrugs*)
Old 12-08-2003, 02:38 AM   #35
WadeV1589
Veteran

The simple fact is though, there are few respectable honour servers. Most of them will end up resulting in a person who listens to the FFA part of the server name being cursed at, kicked or banned. There is no doubt a handful of good servers out there that say "you killed me, please don't do it again, this is an honour server where no killing is requested at certain times" or words to that effect, most servers get the very first thing said to a person to be "**** of n00b, you lamer" - and we all have seen that.

The point is, unless the title of the server (the only bit that many people ever see) is clearly stated to be "honour" then anyone who comes in killing should not be treated the way they are. Admins have a right to set up their own rules...they have a demand on them as a human to respect others...it may be just a game, but the language and insults used on people is certainly not a game. It is a real person saying a very real thing and puts newcomers off and can even lead to people becoming angry or upset.

Why must people speak how they do, if someone breaks a server rule, tell them politely, if they continue to dis-obay, get an admin to warn them, there is no need for kicking, banning or cursing unless the newcomer tells you to screw yourself. Then kick him for foul language on a clean server. Don't kick him because he's playing FFA on a FFA labelled server.

StargateMods.com - collaborating all the Stargate mods out there.

SG4RealJA - get a bit of SG realism!
SGEgyptJA - flying and dialing a gate only to be killed by it!
WadeV1589 is offline   you may:
Old 12-08-2003, 02:57 AM   #36
Samuel Dravis

I was chatting in a Siege game the other day, but only because it was just 1 other person on it besides myself. However, we got bored fairly quickly, and it degenerated into a pistol duel. Trying to attack the objectives was pretty pointless anyway... Had some fun with guns still, though.

"Words are deeds." - Wittgenstein
Samuel Dravis is offline   you may:
Old 12-08-2003, 04:50 AM   #37
acdcfanbill

when people complain to me about being lamed, i just encourage them to go find whomever 'lamed' them and just kick their butt and if they cant, well i guess they should pratice more... of course on the few no (honorz) rules servers there are whenever someone complains about being lamed, the whole server usually gets on their case

Old 12-08-2003, 05:41 AM   #38
Rumor
caffeine has go power!

Quote:

thats what clans/fansites are for.

if you want to do roleplaying go buy nwn and get/make a SW mod for it. hell if you REALLY want to roleplay do the old pen/paper or LARP style. ****load more fun than sitting around in a game talking to someone.

Rumor is offline   you may:
Old 12-08-2003, 07:45 PM   #39
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

Quote:
Originally posted by WadeV1589
The simple fact is though, there are few respectable honour servers. Most of them will end up resulting in a person who listens to the FFA part of the server name being cursed at, kicked or banned. ... most servers get the very first thing said to a person to be "**** of n00b, you lamer" - and we all have seen that.
True... see, these are the servers that give the honor code style servers a bad name. Sad, IMO.

Quote:
The point is, unless the title of the server (the only bit that many people ever see) is clearly stated to be "honour" then anyone who comes in killing should not be treated the way they are.
Well when servers start to get admin mods up, a joining player will be able to see the rules stated on the MOTD. So if a server has the rules stated in the MOTD, a joining player is expected to read this, and obey it.

Quote:
there is no need for kicking, banning or cursing unless the newcomer tells you to screw yourself. Then kick him for foul language on a clean server. Don't kick him because he's playing FFA on a FFA labelled server.
Well, if someone continues to break server rules, such as attacking players with their saber off, you can't just let them go about breaking the rule. Although cursing at a rule breaker is unacceptable.

Quote:
Originally posted by acdcfanbill
when people complain to me about being lamed, i just encourage them to go find whomever 'lamed' them and just kick their butt and if they cant, well i guess they should pratice more... of course on the few no (honorz) rules servers there are whenever someone complains about being lamed, the whole server usually gets on their case
The reason someone wouldn't just go back and kill whoever lamed them is because THEY DON'T WANT TO FIGHT! They shouldn't have to drop everyone they were doing (or not doing) to deal with someone who could easily be dealt with by an admin.

At the JK3Files server, people are encouraged NOT to retaliate, because that often envolves laming on the retaliator's part, and the lamer has no idea that he is doing something not permitted by the server.
Old 12-09-2003, 12:02 AM   #40
Squee-sithguy
Rookie

Quote:
Well when servers start to get admin mods up, a joining player will be able to see the rules stated on the MOTD. So if a server has the rules stated in the MOTD, a joining player is expected to read this, and obey it.
I miss Jk2files server already , cant wait for JAR to have that, ...<_< >_> i hope it does
Squee-sithguy is offline   you may:
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Academy > Why can't anyone just PLAY?