lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Why can't anyone just PLAY?
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-09-2003, 12:06 AM   #41
TK-8252
Get Cloned.
 
TK-8252's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 5,850
Quote:
Originally posted by Squee-sithguy
cant wait for JAR to have that, ...<_< >_> i hope it does
Yes, JAR has the MOTD. We're just waiting for cHoSeN oNe to get the damn linux version out!
TK-8252 is offline   you may:
Old 12-09-2003, 12:53 AM   #42
g//plaZma
Junior Member
 
g//plaZma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 336
Quote:
Originally posted by TK8252MJL
True... see, these are the servers that give the honor code style servers a bad name. Sad, IMO.
Indeed. But the majority of honor servers are like this.

Quote:
Well when servers start to get admin mods up, a joining player will be able to see the rules stated on the MOTD. So if a server has the rules stated in the MOTD, a joining player is expected to read this, and obey it.
Sure but not so long ago I was an admin for a clan server (g// when it was still around) and well, we had rules stated against running around calling people "lamers" and sitting around chatting. Yet, I still saw people running around calling eachother "lamers" and using the server as a virtual chatroom. That's honor people for you.

Quote:
Well, if someone continues to break server rules, such as attacking players with their saber off, you can't just let them go about breaking the rule. Although cursing at a rule breaker is unacceptable.
This is why god invented the kick command and the usage of verbal warnings. Trust me when someone is breaking your honor code the last thing they want you to do to them is /ampunish, /amsleep or /amslap. That just gets them angry.

Quote:
The reason someone wouldn't just go back and kill whoever lamed them is because THEY DON'T WANT TO FIGHT! They shouldn't have to drop everyone they were doing (or not doing) to deal with someone who could easily be dealt with by an admin.
Eh, sorry but in my experience with JK2/JA, people who get "lamed" tend to stalk the guy who "lamed" them while spamming their "OMG LAMER!!!!!!111111" bind everywhere. Anyways, I really do not see the point of connecting to a server if you don't want to play or "fight" as you describe it.

Quote:
At the JK3Files server, people are encouraged NOT to retaliate, because that often envolves laming on the retaliator's part, and the lamer has no idea that he is doing something not permitted by the server.
In truth, the JK3/JK2Files.com server was one of the last servers I'd have expected to be so biased with this honor stuff until I connected to their server. It's like a poor man's The Sims Online redone StarWars style.


g//plaZma is offline   you may:
Old 12-09-2003, 02:26 AM   #43
TK-8252
Get Cloned.
 
TK-8252's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 5,850
Quote:
Originally posted by g//plaZma
Indeed. But the majority of honor servers are like this.
And it spreads like communism.

Quote:
Originally posted by g//plaZma
we had rules stated against running around calling people "lamers" and sitting around chatting. Yet, I still saw people running around calling eachother "lamers" and using the server as a virtual chatroom. That's honor people for you.
You had every right to kick them... they did not listen to server rules. Unless you wanted to keep 'em around for easy kills.

Quote:
Originally posted by g//plaZma
This is why god invented the kick command and the usage of verbal warnings. Trust me when someone is breaking your honor code the last thing they want you to do to them is /ampunish, /amsleep or /amslap. That just gets them angry.
I am an anti-abuse person. I believe that NO admin should EVER cause damage to a player using powers that regular players could not get. Although, sleep is very needed. People just DO NOT listen to chat commands. Sleep is the only way to get someone's full attention. Plus, if you see a problem, you want to stop the problem before it gets any worse. Trust me on this - if you were an admin at an honor style server, you'd understand.

Quote:
Originally posted by g//plaZma
Eh, sorry but in my experience with JK2/JA, people who get "lamed" tend to stalk the guy who "lamed" them while spamming their "OMG LAMER!!!!!!111111" bind everywhere. Anyways, I really do not see the point of connecting to a server if you don't want to play or "fight" as you describe it.
Well those who try to get even are, IMO, just as bad. Like what the Clan [LC] server rules say: If someone has broken a rule please inform an admin right away. You are welcome to try and straighten out the problem, however disrespecting any rule in doing so is prohibited. (Example: If you are attacked with your saber down, telling the lamer what they did wrong is good sportsmanship. Going back and laming that person will be viewed as equally wrong and you will be dealt with as such.)

Quote:
Originally posted by g//plaZma
In truth, the JK3/JK2Files.com server was one of the last servers I'd have expected to be so biased with this honor stuff until I connected to their server. It's like a poor man's The Sims Online redone StarWars style.
Biased? I'm not sure I fully understand...

BTW, I think I'll post some screenshots soon of what goes on in the JK3Files server. Maybe it'll change your mind about us.
TK-8252 is offline   you may:
Old 12-09-2003, 04:02 AM   #44
AxVegetA
Banned
 
AxVegetA's Avatar
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: ReichStag
Posts: 194
Lamers and rpgers

Ahh, the eternal jedi knight dilema.
So, people play JA to have fun.
There are mostly two ways of doing it, following server honor codes and not following them.
The problem here, between lamers and rpgers, is that both of them have very strong points to explain their acts. Both of them are absolutely sure, they are right and the others are wrong.

They are both right.

I mean, you can do whatever the **** u want, but you have to accept the consecuences of your acts. Its ok to lame but you will probably get kicked or baned.

What is wrong for sure is to force people to be the way u want them to be. Complaining is ok cause its a way of expresing your disaproval, but rules are rules, and **** are ****.

With time you balance your gameplay, and you learn when to lame and when to chat.


[Edit: Don't bother trying to dodge the profanity filter, k'thanks. ]
AxVegetA is offline   you may:
Old 12-09-2003, 04:02 AM   #45
FK | unnamed
Forumite
 
FK | unnamed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: chewbacca shaves his balls
Posts: 572
I guess it all just comes down to how much of an anal retentive person you are, and how deep you are trying to immerse yourself in a fantasy world.


I play these games much in the same fashion that I would watch a television show or read a book.

It's just a form of entertainment for me, and the last thing I want to do is play a video game where I have to listen to a 12 year old playing the role of a "virtual hall monitor" while bitching and moaning about his stupid little fruity made up virtual world rules.


http://www.crossoveresports.com
FK | unnamed is offline   you may:
Old 12-09-2003, 04:53 AM   #46
Rumor
caffeine has go power!
 
Rumor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Retired
Posts: 1,154
vegeta what happened to that challenge. i saw you in the [SiN] server and i gave you several mm1's and mm3's and you never responded. running scared?

o btw uj, just a fyi, jimmy's clan in cs raped sin horribly in a scrimmage.

Rumor is offline   you may:
Old 12-09-2003, 06:49 AM   #47
MrDomin0
Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 43
I'm going to toss a monkey wrench in this conversation and argue the other side. Many of the servers you guys connect to are run by people. Yes they are made available to the gaming public, but as they are privately run the people that run it and by extension the regular crowd therein can do whatever the hell they deem to be normal in their servers. If you guys go in there and ruin everybody's fun, as foreign that concept may be to you, what do you expect? That they would make sweet passionate love to you? It's all well and good for you people to claim that they are whining about existing elements of the game, but the flipside of that is that you could stop whining about bad servers and try running your own for a while. It's really just a question of perspective.

I also really fail to see the problem with having honor in any form. I don't stab people in the back because that is the coward's way out. That's not some irrational "jedi" thing. As far as I am concerned anyway, all jedi except Sammy L. need to get their badass meters adjusted as it is. It's simply an ethical thing. You guys play as you want and let others play as they want.

In a sense I agree with the chatting thing and the options thing. It's like people who complain about getting killed while they are typing. The obvious solution is to stop typing in the line of fire. In the same sense though, if that is the algorythm of the server your on and you don't want to play nice, find another server where people don't play nice.
MrDomin0 is offline   you may:
Old 12-09-2003, 03:33 PM   #48
Rumor
caffeine has go power!
 
Rumor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Retired
Posts: 1,154
well thing is you people assume that we just saw people doing honor **** and decided to start invading servers. this is _not_ the case.

honor **** invaded every server bitching and complaining the entire time till they got every washed up nub to either 1. play their way or 2. pissed off everyone else.

after that we started going to honor servers and ones taht were run by the 12-year old admins on powertrips (99%) of them, we tore them up. simple as that.

Rumor is offline   you may:
Old 12-09-2003, 05:22 PM   #49
MrDomin0
Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 43
Quote:
Originally posted by Rumor
after that we started going to honor servers and ones taht were run by the 12-year old admins on powertrips (99%) of them, we tore them up. simple as that.
I see, so then you come here and complain about them complaining and kicking you out. That sounds a bit like pissing on something and then wondering why it smells like piss. Again, the obvious answer, find a server where there are no "honor ****," where there are specific rules against it, and play there.

Is ok if straight guys are honorable though? What about women?

I'm sorry, but the irony of your post made me laugh Rumor. You go on about how twelve-year olds are annoying by turning around and pasting a gradeschool insult on that same group. Is "fag" one of the three insults you use? Next to "jew" and "gay?" Am I a "jewbag" now for disagreeing with you? My my I can't count today, that's four insults.

All I'm saying is that it's a wide internet with a lot of odd people out there, and they have as much a right to do what they do as you do to do your own thing. So suck it up and move on.
MrDomin0 is offline   you may:
Old 12-09-2003, 05:26 PM   #50
AxVegetA
Banned
 
AxVegetA's Avatar
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: ReichStag
Posts: 194
Quote:
Originally posted by Rumor
vegeta what happened to that challenge. i saw you in the [SiN] server and i gave you several mm1's and mm3's and you never responded. running scared?
What? SIN server? when was that?
My current online names are O2 and VegetA, both in light blue and white, and reborn blue skin, are u sure it was me?

If it was me, i am sorry and ill be pleased to duel you anytime. PM me to set a day/hour/server.
AxVegetA is offline   you may:
Old 12-09-2003, 07:45 PM   #51
TK-8252
Get Cloned.
 
TK-8252's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 5,850
Not all "honor style" servers are run by "fruity" 12 year olds, sorry to break it to you.

BTW, name calling is very immature and childish. Grow up, guys...

You don't see me calling people "geeks" or "fruity" or "fags" or "gay".
TK-8252 is offline   you may:
Old 12-09-2003, 08:56 PM   #52
Squee-sithguy
Rookie
 
Squee-sithguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Pancakes
Posts: 103
I totally agree with TK, ure acting like the childish people are the admins and the people that run the server when you are the ones that are childish, e.g. name calling like tk said, taking opinions as offending, and last but defenatly not least whining about it
Squee-sithguy is offline   you may:
Old 12-09-2003, 09:01 PM   #53
Rumor
caffeine has go power!
 
Rumor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Retired
Posts: 1,154
Quote:
Originally posted by AxVegetA
What? SIN server? when was that?
My current online names are O2 and VegetA, both in light blue and white, and reborn blue skin, are u sure it was me?

If it was me, i am sorry and ill be pleased to duel you anytime. PM me to set a day/hour/server.
it was a month or so ago and i saw your name (in white and cyan) and called your name many times and you never answer'd.

Rumor is offline   you may:
Old 12-10-2003, 07:43 AM   #54
AxVegetA
Banned
 
AxVegetA's Avatar
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: ReichStag
Posts: 194
Quote:
Originally posted by Rumor
it was a month or so ago and i saw your name (in white and cyan) and called your name many times and you never answer'd.
Well, its posible, when i ffaown i dont read a ****. So as i said, pm me with a day/hour/server.
AxVegetA is offline   you may:
Old 12-10-2003, 08:07 AM   #55
Syzerian
Rookie
 
Syzerian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 229
i usually play siege or duel on game arena cogs because there r no real lamers or over chatters.
but there is one problem with siege where there is this mole going around helping the other teams and well there is 3 of them now and its sort of annoying when the enemy wins in 2 minutes


Syzerian is offline   you may:
Old 12-10-2003, 04:12 PM   #56
Rumor
caffeine has go power!
 
Rumor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Retired
Posts: 1,154
Quote:
Originally posted by AxVegetA
Well, its posible, when i ffaown i dont read a ****. So as i said, pm me with a day/hour/server.
you were chatting up a storm and getting your ass kicked by yours truly.

Rumor is offline   you may:
Old 12-10-2003, 07:04 PM   #57
acdcfanbill
..the wonders I have seen
 
acdcfanbill's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Random Hell Wholes around the
Posts: 5,697
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Ive seen you as O2 on [SL] server why dont u both pick a day meet there ppl are allowed to play on our server yes, we encourage it, check my sig

acdcfanbill is offline   you may:
Old 12-11-2003, 10:20 PM   #58
Kurgan
Headhunter
 
Kurgan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1997
Location: The Dawn of Time
Posts: 18,316
LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
What the "h0n0r d00dz" fail to realize is that The Default Condition of the Game is NON-HONOR!

Honor is not in the manual, readme or on official site.

Honor hasn't been sanctioned or promoted by the developers who made the game.

Honor, if followed, makes 99% of the tactics, gamemodes, powers and weapons in the game utterly useless and therefore 99% of the time and money the developers spent on JA is wasted.

Honor has nothing to do with Star Wars, since it is not evidenced in any of any of the canon of Star Wars.

Fact: "Honor Codes" are not a universal standard. They were made up by some video game players sometime after JK2 came out.


They also have a bad habit of invading servers and demanding that admins enforce their made up honor codes. I've had people join my server and demand I follow honor, to which I just laughed and told them to leave if they don't like playing the game how it was designed to be played.

Additionally, "h0n0r d00dz" like to abuse the "Vote-Kick" feature unfortunately present on many public servers to "punish" people who don't subscribe to the honor code they follow.

Example:

(Guy is killled while standing in the middle of the map chatting for the last 5 minutes).

Guy: OMG LAMER! YOU LAMED ME YOU ****ER! KICK HIM!!! *call vote to kick person who killed him*

Guys' Friends: KICK THE ****ING LAMER! *vote kicks the "lamer"*


This is petty and pathetic behavior. No "h0n0r d00d" has ever been able to satisfactorily explain why if they're not there to "compete" getting killed while they are standing there chatting or with their saber off it matters.

They also fail to explain why they can't simply go into spectator mode if they just want to "watch" or "chat." Or (heavens!) join a Dueling Server if that's all they want to do...

Finally, they fail to take responsibility for the fact that they were making themselves a juicy target in the first place by standing there when they they should have been paying attention.

If the "lamer" really has no skill at all (which they always claim) then surely getting 1 kill when the person wasn't paying attention shouldn't let them win. Yet they always try to get the guy kicked the instant they "lame" even once. Sounds more like poor sportsmanship to me.

The "h0n0r d00dz" seem overwhelmingly to be the poor sports, not the so-called "lamers."


"Lamers" are just playing the game the way it was meant to be played. The RPGers and Honor folks are the ones trying to change it. So its on THEM to explain to everyone how their system works and enforce it on their OWN servers, and not arrogantly assuming that everyone agrees with them except "lamers" (Ie: they assume if you disagree with them you're an idiot or rude).


Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)


"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may:
Old 12-11-2003, 10:45 PM   #59
Rumor
caffeine has go power!
 
Rumor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Retired
Posts: 1,154
haha kurgan nice double post (yes it happens to us all morons, even admins and competitive players)

Rumor is offline   you may:
Old 12-11-2003, 10:51 PM   #60
Rumor
caffeine has go power!
 
Rumor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Retired
Posts: 1,154
Quote:
Originally posted by MrDomin0
I see, so then you come here and complain about them complaining and kicking you out. That sounds a bit like pissing on something and then wondering why it smells like piss. Again, the obvious answer, find a server where there are no "honor ****," where there are specific rules against it, and play there.

Is ok if straight guys are honorable though? What about women?

I'm sorry, but the irony of your post made me laugh Rumor. You go on about how twelve-year olds are annoying by turning around and pasting a gradeschool insult on that same group. Is "fag" one of the three insults you use? Next to "jew" and "gay?" Am I a "jewbag" now for disagreeing with you? My my I can't count today, that's four insults.

All I'm saying is that it's a wide internet with a lot of odd people out there, and they have as much a right to do what they do as you do to do your own thing. So suck it up and move on.
hello moron gay/fag/jew on the intarweb = STUPID or some variation 99% of the time.

btw thanks for takin the time to keep track of how many insults i've sent out today.

try a little dose of comprehension next time you post, thanks. (i wont quote it this time since i'm at school and i'm lazy).

having a low tolerance for stupidity at times is not comparable to someone insulting others for killing their avatar in a video game, tyvm.

/edit: invading of servers to enforce hon0rz is about as comparable as mw/sf invading our threads and derailing them intentionally.

This and more at 9. Thanks for watching.

Rumor is offline   you may:
Old 12-12-2003, 12:14 AM   #61
TK-8252
Get Cloned.
 
TK-8252's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 5,850
Quote:
Originally posted by Kurgan
What the "h0n0r d00dz" fail to realize is that The Default Condition of the Game is NON-HONOR!
Hmm... so then why was the "mods" menu created? The game was meant to be modded and changed. There is no rule that people MUST play the game EXACTLY AS IT WAS INTENDED for.

Quote:
Originally posted by Kurgan
Honor is not in the manual, readme or on official site.
]TEH F***ING RAVEN SOFTWARE ARE TEH NOHONOR LAMER N00BZZZ!!! KICK TEH RAVEN SOFTWAER>!!!!!!11

So what? Is there some reason that people must play exactly how some book or website tells you?

Quote:
Originally posted by Kurgan
Honor hasn't been sanctioned or promoted by the developers who made the game.
]TEH F***ING RAVEN SOFTWARE ARE TEH NOHONOR LAMER N00BZZZ!!! KICK TEH RAVEN SOFTWAER>!!!!!!11

So what? Is there some reason that people must play exactly how some guys at a company tell you to?

Quote:
Originally posted by Kurgan
Honor, if followed, makes 99% of the tactics, gamemodes, powers and weapons in the game utterly useless and therefore 99% of the time and money the developers spent on JA is wasted.
Raven Software got their money, that's all they're worried about...

Quote:
Originally posted by Kurgan
Honor has nothing to do with Star Wars, since it is not evidenced in any of any of the canon of Star Wars.
As I've said before, it's a multiplayer video game. This is not the Star Wars movies or a single player mission.

Quote:
Originally posted by Kurgan
Fact: "Honor Codes" are not a universal standard. They were made up by some video game players sometime after JK2 came out.
And look just how popular they are now.

Quote:
Originally posted by Kurgan
They also have a bad habit of invading servers and demanding that admins enforce their made up honor codes.
This is, truely a shame...

Quote:
Originally posted by Kurgan
Additionally, "h0n0r d00dz" like to abuse the "Vote-Kick" feature unfortunately present on many public servers to "punish" people who don't subscribe to the honor code they follow.
Not all "h0n0r d00dz". Infact, I've never tried to vote-kick someone in my history of Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy. And I've never tried to push honor on people.

Quote:
Originally posted by Kurgan
They also fail to explain why they can't simply go into spectator mode if they just want to "watch" or "chat." Or (heavens!) join a Dueling Server if that's all they want to do...
People want to do a little of everything, not just constant FFA. A little of duelling, chatting, FFAing, RPing, spectating, wandering around doing nothing, etc. You can't really RP, duel, or FFA when you're in spectator mode... and if the server lets you wander around saber off and chat THEN YOU HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO!

Quote:
Originally posted by Kurgan
Finally, they fail to take responsibility for the fact that they were making themselves a juicy target in the first place by standing there when they they should have been paying attention.
If the server has rules to "protect" a "juicy target" (meaning someone who's not fighting, just wondering around saber off) then they do not consider themselves a target at all. Therefore they do not expect to be attacked.

Quote:
Originally posted by Kurgan
If the "lamer" really has no skill at all (which they always claim) then surely getting 1 kill when the person wasn't paying attention shouldn't let them win. Yet they always try to get the guy kicked the instant they "lame" even once. Sounds more like poor sportsmanship to me.
One broken rule isn't enough to get someone kicked at my server...

Quote:
Originally posted by Kurgan
The "h0n0r d00dz" seem overwhelmingly to be the poor sports, not the so-called "lamers."
Partly true. Most "h0n0r d00dz" are like that, but not all. And there have been plenty of lamers who have wondered into the JK3Files server who aren't very polite themselves. One guy came in and broke our rules, including language rules... we tried to explain, but he just completely ignored. We kicked him, he came right back (with a different name). We told him that we knew it was just him, the IP explains it all. He just pretends that he's not the same person. Once he said: "Oh, I'm sorry... is this a no-laming server?" And then chat killed someone near by. He continued (all day) coming back with different names, causing trouble.

Quote:
Originally posted by Kurgan
"Lamers" are just playing the game the way it was meant to be played.
Not true. I believe that laming only exists on servers with an "honor code". If someone chat kills, or attacks someone with their saber off on a TRUE FFA server it's not laming.

Quote:
Originally posted by Kurgan
The RPGers and Honor folks are the ones trying to change it.
So sue them! Is there some law against having a different way of playing a game?

Quote:
Originally posted by Kurgan
So its on THEM to explain to everyone how their system works and enforce it on their OWN servers, and not arrogantly assuming that everyone agrees with them except "lamers"
This is how the "h0n0r d00dz" should function. Unfortunantly, many of those 12 year old punks don't just have enough sense.
TK-8252 is offline   you may:
Old 12-12-2003, 01:11 AM   #62
Amidala from Chop Shop
Politically-correct jerk
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: In exile
Posts: 1,433
Quote:
Originally posted by TK8252MJL
Not true. I believe that laming only exists on servers with an "honor code". If someone chat kills, or attacks someone with their saber off on a TRUE FFA server it's not laming.
My goodness TK, right you are, right you are!! Why can't other people who follow "honor codes" understand what you stated so clearly??!! Please explain it to them over and over again. Please make a chat bind and hit it every 5 minutes on your server.

So many "honor players" (and I put players inside the quotes because I'm not sure "wandering around doing nothing" as you put it qualifies as playing) think that "saber down = peace" is some kind of Universal Truth and Law that was on the back of those tablets Moses carried down from the mountain. Not true. You get it, please explain it to your comrades.

Oh well, thank goodness for xMod's profanity filter. The only words I have on my profanity list are f**k, n*g**r, and lamer, so no one on my servers needs to ever see those words again.

Oh, and I also added !kton and !loud, so killtracker spammers can't use their spam generators


Last edited by Amidala from Chop Shop; 12-12-2003 at 04:12 AM.
Amidala from Chop Shop is offline   you may:
Old 12-12-2003, 01:16 AM   #63
TK-8252
Get Cloned.
 
TK-8252's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 5,850
Quote:
Originally posted by Amidala from Chop Shop
Oh, and I also added !kton and !loud, so killtracker spammers can't use their spam generators
Well, the kill tracker automatically comes on when someone joins. Does censoring the words !kton and !loud work?

Also, the guys I hang around with know that honor and Yoda's Code of Conduct (whatever you wanna call it) are NOT universal. A server has a right to host whatever kind of gameplay they want.
TK-8252 is offline   you may:
Old 12-12-2003, 01:34 AM   #64
Chuahtemoc
 
Chuahtemoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: I am a domesticated cow
Posts: 234
Re: Why can't anyone just PLAY

Quote:
Originally posted by kantaris

So, apparantly, a game, in which the purpose is to kill others, if you kill somebody with their saber down or their chat box up, it's unethical.

If you people want to chat, go on IRC, that's what it's for.

If you dont want to fight, then simply DON'T PLAY! It's not hard! I can't get a decent game in, because on most of the servers, you get kicked/banned for playing the game! If you use force powers alot, it's considered laming, and some of the time, you get a server kick. Gripping off a cliff is laming, using guns is laming (on a gun server too!)
I agree. I'm not actually going to say a word pertaining to the subject at hand, namely because, I believe, this topic has been ranted about all too much. But I still agree.


edit - well, I can't NOT bitch about something, so i'll bitch about "laming." Who the FLYING F*CK came up with that word? Jesssssssus it should be friggin banned from existence! goddamnit everywhere I go, everything I do, if I get a kill, I'm automatically a lamer. If I get a great thermal det throw, I'm spammer thermal detonators, therefore I am a lamer. If I kill f*cking idiots waiting in line to DUEL on a motherf*cking FFA server, I'm a lamer. Sh*t, if somebody walks off a cliff of their own accord, I'm a lamer. Someday, I'm just gonna track down one of these ratbastards who uses that words and I will beat him to a pulp, lol

Hey mods i'm sorry bout my language. I just needed to bitch about people using the woord lamer.


YORIMOTO says SUMiSUMi!!!


"When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation." - Thomas Jefferson

"It is vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, peace, peace; but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery?

Forbid it, Almighty God -- I know not what course others may take; but as for me -- give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry


3x50p 11.21.03
Chuahtemoc is offline   you may:
Old 12-12-2003, 02:38 AM   #65
MrDomin0
Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 43
Quote:
Originally posted by Rumor
hello moron gay/fag/jew on the intarweb = STUPID or some variation 99% of the time.

btw thanks for takin the time to keep track of how many insults i've sent out today.

try a little dose of comprehension next time you post, thanks. (i wont quote it this time since i'm at school and i'm lazy).

having a low tolerance for stupidity at times is not comparable to someone insulting others for killing their avatar in a video game, tyvm.

/edit: invading of servers to enforce hon0rz is about as comparable as mw/sf invading our threads and derailing them intentionally.

This and more at 9. Thanks for watching.
Again, I have to laugh at the irony of what you just posted. You claim very clearly that it is alright to kill a video game avatar (I'm with you there) presumably because it is the digital world and is therefore insignificant. Of course though, several sentences earlier you seem to claim that it is alright for the same digital world to pervert the english language. Just because a bunch of little boys who never grew up launch a tired rolodex of 50 year old insults seems inadequate reason to me to change the laws of language around.

I'm going to toss an idea out there, maybe instead of asking others to work on personal comprehension you should think about what you're typing. You'd be surprised how well that works in real life too.

Which reminds me, I should probably introduce you to what we adults call the real world. In the real world ignorance is frowned upon. For example, lodging numbers into words? Not big in the real world. Forgetting to capitalize the word "I?" Not a popular seller in the real world. You see, here's the funny thing, when you go around claiming that someone is a moron you should probably do what you can to not come of as an equal shade of moron, it kind of makes you look silly.

And to clarify, I never said that any form of server invasion was fine. It's ridiculous. The argument works both ways. You could sacrifice virtual goats in a server for all I care, just don't get in other people's business. In case you haven't picked it up yet, most online games have this problem or something like it. Why? Because the world is full of idiots with time on their hands. Which is why you go find a good server and play there rather than whining on about it. Viola! Problem solved.
MrDomin0 is offline   you may:
Old 12-12-2003, 05:00 AM   #66
Rumor
caffeine has go power!
 
Rumor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Retired
Posts: 1,154
Quote:
Again, I have to laugh at the irony of what you just posted. You claim very clearly that it is alright to kill a video game avatar (I'm with you there) presumably because it is the digital world and is therefore insignificant. Of course though, several sentences earlier you seem to claim that it is alright for the same digital world to pervert the english language. Just because a bunch of little boys who never grew up launch a tired rolodex of 50 year old insults seems inadequate reason to me to change the laws of language around.
According to British scholars, American English is a perversion in and of itself.

Wake up and smell the coffee, this is the internet, not a job interview or a term paper. I will "pervert" the English language any way i see fit, as it is casual, and informal. Even in English class they teach you that such things as slang are more than acceptable. Also, if i really wanted to i would type like this, but then I am in the spirit of saving time, so i shall refrain from doing so and type as fast as i can, only correcting what i see fit.

Quote:
I'm going to toss an idea out there, maybe instead of asking others to work on personal comprehension you should think about what you're typing. You'd be surprised how well that works in real life too.
Again, this is the internet, Not a job interview or a term paper. You should actually think about your own posts first.

Oh, and by the way, have you attempted to derail any good threads lately? No? Well you are trying pretty hard on this one.

If you wish to debate with or criticize me, take it to my clan boards where you won't disrupt the normal flow of a good topic with faintly veiled flames. Unlike other clans we won't edit or ban you because of your views. www.kaoticz.com is the address, you are more than welcome to flame me to your heart's content there, but do not derail this thread over nitpicking something that is over and donewith, nor for casual typing on a message board.

Quote:
Which reminds me, I should probably introduce you to what we adults call the real world. In the real world ignorance is frowned upon. For example, lodging numbers into words? Not big in the real world. Forgetting to capitalize the word "I?" Not a popular seller in the real world. You see, here's the funny thing, when you go around claiming that someone is a moron you should probably do what you can to not come of as an equal shade of moron, it kind of makes you look silly.
Yes and "h0n0r d00dz" is a real-world term. If you were so concerned you would be breathing down the neck of everyone here.

I don't feel like repeating myself yet again, so i'll just quote myself (because my ego is huge, and because you have offended my honour ):

Quote:
Wake up and smell the coffee, this is the internet, not a job interview or a term paper. I will "pervert" the English language any way i see fit, as it is casual, and informal. Even in English class they teach you that such things as slang are more than acceptable. Also, if i really wanted to i would type like this, but then I am in the spirit of saving time, so i shall refrain from doing so and type as fast as i can, only correcting what i see fit.
Are we clear on that yet?

Quote:
And to clarify, I never said that any form of server invasion was fine. It's ridiculous. The argument works both ways. You could sacrifice virtual goats in a server for all I care, just don't get in other people's business. In case you haven't picked it up yet, most online games have this problem or something like it. Why? Because the world is full of idiots with time on their hands. Which is why you go find a good server and play there rather than whining on about it. Viola! Problem solved.
My typing method is none of your business either. It is readily understandable and that is what counts.

Keep trolling along all you like, but i will not respond or reply here.

Rumor is offline   you may:
Old 12-12-2003, 05:21 AM   #67
AxVegetA
Banned
 
AxVegetA's Avatar
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: ReichStag
Posts: 194
Quote:
Originally posted by Rumor
you were chatting up a storm and getting your ass kicked by yours truly.
Wtf is that suposed to mean? i dont understand english very well.
As i said set a ****ing date.
AxVegetA is offline   you may:
Old 12-12-2003, 06:09 AM   #68
Rumor
caffeine has go power!
 
Rumor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Retired
Posts: 1,154
Quote:
Originally posted by Rumor
We challenged you months ago. You never responded.

Rumor is offline   you may:
Old 12-12-2003, 06:25 AM   #69
Rad Blackrose
Banned
 
Rad Blackrose's Avatar
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Retired
Posts: 810
Quote:
Oh well, thank goodness for xMod's profanity filter. The only words I have on my profanity list are f**k, n*g**r, and lamer, so no one on my servers needs to ever see those words again.
Well, tonight I was on the Chop Shop for a brief period... Managed to run into one of the fanbois.

The funny thing was he spoke incoherently. It was just a bunch of words strung together. Perfect, time to use the age old quote...

English mother****er, speak it?

Now I know why it was garbled.

Anyways... Just a brief word.

Raven Software has no honor.

This and more at 10 o'clock, after Rumor is dead for stealing my trademark. That's right, you're getting capped in an alleyway... Kicking and screaming preferably.

Rad Blackrose is offline   you may:
Old 12-12-2003, 06:31 AM   #70
Rumor
caffeine has go power!
 
Rumor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Retired
Posts: 1,154
Quote:
Originally posted by Rad Blackrose

This and more at 10 o'clock, after Rumor is dead for stealing my trademark. That's right, you're getting capped in an alleyway... Kicking and screaming preferably.

All is fair in love and war. This is certainly not war.

Bsides plaz uses mine all the time like "e-life" and "e-wellbeing" not to mention the definitions (which many have emulated *cough* marker *cough*).

Rumor is offline   you may:
Old 12-12-2003, 10:05 PM   #71
_PerfectAgent_
Junior Member
 
_PerfectAgent_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Port Town Speed:1500km/h
Posts: 422
Quote:
Originally posted by TK8252MJL
Well, the kill tracker automatically comes on when someone joins. Does censoring the words !kton and !loud work?
Yeah, it tracks all the chats you make, not what you type. So if you are unable to create !kton or !loud in a chat, then it will not work. But I'm not sure about the keeping from starting automatically thing...

There is a similar scheme that someone can control another's kill tracker. Just rename yourself to that persons name and do all the commands! You can even control the other person's music!
_PerfectAgent_ is offline   you may:
Old 12-12-2003, 11:16 PM   #72
TK-8252
Get Cloned.
 
TK-8252's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 5,850
Quote:
Originally posted by _PerfectAgent_
There is a similar scheme that someone can control another's kill tracker. Just rename yourself to that persons name and do all the commands! You can even control the other person's music!
LOL!

You could probably kill yourself over and over and over, screwing their kill to death ratio!

Kill trackers are eeeeeevil!!!
TK-8252 is offline   you may:
Old 12-12-2003, 11:20 PM   #73
Kurgan
Headhunter
 
Kurgan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1997
Location: The Dawn of Time
Posts: 18,316
LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Well since this topic was basically run its course, I'm closing it. You can issue more challenges and such in the Clans forum or through Private Messages.


Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)


"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may:
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Academy > Why can't anyone just PLAY?

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:32 PM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.