lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Has JA become boring, tired ?
Yes, I'm playing KOTOR till my mouse breaks ! 27 45.00%
No, my elite clan will own your lamer n00b bowing clan....what the hell is KOTOR......??? 30 50.00%
Bugger you all ! I PREFER GALAXIES !! 3 5.00%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Has JA become boring, tired ??
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-06-2003, 01:34 PM   #1
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Notable contributor Helpful! Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member 
Has JA become boring, tired ??

For the last few weeks now, I had observed notable absences and infrequent appearances/posts by certain regulars... where were they........ PLAYING KOTOR !!!!!

I got it earlier today(First day local release here in Australia) and for an SW/EU/RPG fan its just mind blowing..... I can see why many are saying IT'S THE GREATEST STAR WARS GAME EVER !! And, I havent even picked up a lightsaber yet .......!

MTFBWYA

Asinus asinum fricat
Astrotoy7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-06-2003, 04:13 PM   #2
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Nah, all that means is they're sick of posting. ; )

Unless you mean you monitor all 500+ servers for "regulars."

They might be playing KOTOR too. ; )

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-06-2003, 05:16 PM   #3
Master William
Addicted to SW:BF 2

Quote:
No, my elite clan will own your lamer n00b bowing clan....what the hell is KOTOR......???

"It's Jango Fett! And he's brought his head!"
Master William is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-06-2003, 07:07 PM   #4
Kurgan
Headhunter

To answer your question, no the game hasn't become boring for me yet. When it starts to feel a little stale something always comes up to renew my interest (witness the "Not Enough Customization" thread for example, heh).

A new cheat, a new tweak, a new mod... etc.

Plus I haven't even started really MODDING yet myself, which I plan to one of these days (I made some custom bots but that's about it so far).

If you mean SP, yes it was easy (you got a lot better Force this time around), and I really only played it once through, but it was hard to tear myself away from MP to even do that much! ; )

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Old 12-06-2003, 07:53 PM   #5
Rumor
caffeine has go power!

i preorder'd kotor but it still hasn't come in for some ungodly reason.

DAMN YOU GAMESPOT

Rumor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-06-2003, 08:04 PM   #6
g//plaZma

I play KOTOR moderately but I'd prefer playing JA (xmod) against real people, even if I'm also a big RPG fan. As of late, all my gaming time has been devoted to ET, CoD and a little JA.

g//plaZma is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-06-2003, 09:05 PM   #7
t3rr0r
Goblet of Fire

i'd bother to vote if the poll wasn't so blatantly biased.

overlord
t3rr0r is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-06-2003, 09:23 PM   #8
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

Quote:
Originally posted by t3rr0r
i'd bother to vote if the poll wasn't so blatantly biased.
/me agrees
TK-8252 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-06-2003, 09:35 PM   #9
The Count
Banned

Me 2; However I've been playing more; gonna complete it on Darkside now.
The Count is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-06-2003, 10:05 PM   #10
Sam Fisher
eh.

I've been playing a lot of KotoR, and some JA

stuck in an eternity of sunshine and chocolate.
Sam Fisher is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-06-2003, 10:30 PM   #11
fk | screed
Rookie

YOu sir are wrong about KOTOR being the greatest SW game ever made.

That title belongs to two: Star Wars: Rebellion and Star Wars: Tie Fighter

The Jedi Master with the Lightsaber of Disaster.
fk | screed is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-06-2003, 10:32 PM   #12
Sam Fisher
eh.

Ok, lets clear this up, ANY SW GAME IS AWESOME!

Ahem..

There is no 'best', but some have better graphics than others.. that's all.....

stuck in an eternity of sunshine and chocolate.
Sam Fisher is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-06-2003, 10:38 PM   #13
Rumor
caffeine has go power!

2 words: Force Commander

/me cringes

Rumor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-06-2003, 10:48 PM   #14
fk | screed
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Sam Fisher
Ok, lets clear this up, ANY SW GAME IS AWESOME!

Ahem..

There is no 'best', but some have better graphics than others.. that's all.....
You sir are wrong, there were actually quite a few crappy Star Wars games.
Graphics has nothing to do with what makes a game "good" its the replay value and "fun factor" that makes a game good.

Star Wars: Rebellion and Star Wars: Tie Fighter are the best Star Wars games that were ever made hands down.

The Jedi Master with the Lightsaber of Disaster.
fk | screed is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-07-2003, 12:11 AM   #15
Kurgan
Headhunter

If you want to talk about mediocre or bad SW games, don't forget Jedi Power Battles and Obi-Wan. ; p

Old 12-07-2003, 12:19 AM   #16
lllKyNeSlll

jedi power battles was a fun game i thought, even though yes it was pretty ****ty, its pretty much jk2 sabering thats in a larger 3rd person and completely nerfed, you could say its 1.10 jk3.

However, about jk3 getting boring, I think the action will rise over XMAS because more people will play and get the game although probably only 10% of these people will play much online.

http://www.team-image.net/aerophalanx/
http://www.le3l.owns.it

Team aP server - 66.165.108.104:29070

Famous Figures-Francisco d'Anconia, Milady de Winter, Feanor, John Galt, Mr. Crowley, Roger Federer, Martina Hingis, D'Artagnan de Gascony,
lllKyNeSlll is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-07-2003, 12:24 AM   #17
Samuel Dravis

Force Commander was great. The only reason a lot of people didn't like it was that it didn't have mappable keys...obviously they couldn't adjust, and then bashed a good game.

TIE fighter is really good though. I bought Rogue Squadron (PC) and Starfighter (PC) and none of those are nearly as good as TIE fighter for immersion.

I've never had the opportunity to play Rebellion. What's the gameplay like?

And yes. I have been playing KotOR at the expense of any other game. Since I bought it on 11/20, I've played maybe 1 seige game...with my name as Revan. It's good.

As for playing JA again, I'll probably be back full tilt when the OJP Enhanced mod comes out. It's going to own.

"Words are deeds." - Wittgenstein
Samuel Dravis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-07-2003, 09:30 AM   #18
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Mediocrity is in the eye of the beholder !

Quote:
Originally posted by Kurgan
If you want to talk about mediocre or bad SW games, don't forget Jedi Power Battles and Obi-Wan. ; p
Aw C'mon K, JPB was cool for its day. Fast paced platform game style saber combat. I've never played Obi-Wan but have just heard heaps of bad things about it....

As for "all the 500+" regulars, of course not... Ive just noticed PRIME, Clemme w Stick, Siv, Eidospogos, txa..etc around there more than here...... they all seem quite chuffed with KOTOR. If you go onto teh BioWare forums, you will find the same..... MANY happy campers....

As for SW game nostalgia....

Force Commander, Galactic Battlegrounds...just not my style....

SW Rebellion is a strange old game. I do like it, probably for the EU content, but the space combat bit was crap...I always used to simulate battles....

The Rebel Assualt series is still unbelievable, if not for its gameplay then for its presentation, I love that Bwing crash sequence for RA2.....

Rogue Squadron series......fun. The newer ones for the cube do look stunning too....

XW/Tie series....very cool....XWA has only been recently toppled by KOTOR as having the coolest SW storyline in a game....IMHO

I cant believe so many ppl have voted for option 2, The poll is a bit biased, as t3rr0r cleverly pointed out..... but I figured the MP gamers specifically needed an option too.....

Still KOTOR has knocked me flat.....
MTFBWYA

Asinus asinum fricat

Last edited by Astrotoy7; 12-07-2003 at 03:17 PM.
Old 12-07-2003, 02:33 PM   #19
ExcelsioN
Veteran

Strange, none of those options match my opinion. JA is fun when you take it in 'small doses'. Don't glue yourself to your pc, it makes games get boring.

I'm getting KOTOR for christmas, and I'm definatley not getting SWG (unless they remove the monthly fee).

JA has bored me at certain points, but once all the mods start comin' out it should be much more fun...(melee mod especially).

Ah well, if its really boring, I think its time for LEC to announce JK4.

ExcelsioN is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-07-2003, 03:43 PM   #20
Chuahtemoc

ja hasn't become boring for me yet. i mean, when it starts getting boring, i'll have to play a half hour, jack off, play a half hour,jack off, play a half hour, jack the **** off, you get the deal

YORIMOTO says SUMiSUMi!!!

"When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation." - Thomas Jefferson

"It is vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, peace, peace; but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery?

Forbid it, Almighty God -- I know not what course others may take; but as for me -- give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry

3x50p 11.21.03
Chuahtemoc is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-07-2003, 05:40 PM   #21
Kurgan
Headhunter

Red face

Quote:
ja hasn't become boring for me yet. i mean, when it starts getting boring, i'll have to play a half hour, jack off, play a half hour,jack off, play a half hour, jack the **** off, you get the deal
Too much info!

Old 12-07-2003, 06:49 PM   #22
The Count
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Samuel Dravis
Force Commander was great. The only reason a lot of people didn't like it was that it didn't have mappable keys...obviously they couldn't adjust, and then bashed a good game.
Thank you!
The Count is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-07-2003, 06:57 PM   #23
Darth Kaan

LOL!

Darth Kaan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-07-2003, 10:20 PM   #24
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Quote:
Originally posted by Chuahtemoc
Thats a novel way to prolong enjoyment of any particular gaming title, saving you $$$ in the process..... But perhaps a game is becoming tedious if you have to do that every half hour..... ???

MTFBWYA

Asinus asinum fricat
Old 12-08-2003, 01:15 AM   #25
shukrallah
White Dragon

Quote:
The Rebel Assualt series is still unbelievable, if not for its gameplay then for its presentation, I love that Bwing crash sequence for RA2.....

I dont know man, i didnt like rebel assault 2... i like force commander... graphics could have been better, but the cutscenes were really sweet.
shukrallah is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-08-2003, 02:16 AM   #26
Jaden X
Rookie

Re: Mediocrity is in the eye of the beholder !

Quote:
Originally posted by Astrotoy7

I loved it too! RA2 was the first game I've ever played, followed by Dark Forces

Join ME... It is your DESTINY!
Jaden X is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-08-2003, 04:08 AM   #27
peloquin

Well I haven't got KOTOR yet, will grab it next week but as for JA yeah I think I'm over it. I was playing it a fair bit until I got COD and that opened my eyes again to how a game should be. Take away the love of star wars we all add into the game and the game itself is pretty bad. It's way behind the times of other games coming out at the moment that don't have the star wars world to fall back on. Fans of star wars are being handed crap and will take it cause well...you get a lightsaber.

put it this way, how many non star wars fans do you think this game has pulled in?
peloquin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-08-2003, 07:00 AM   #28
Alegis
In hiding

LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally posted by peloquin

put it this way, how many non star wars fans do you think this game has pulled in?
Well I got a lot of non-star wars friends into the game..but then again they don't know a lot about other games..

-"The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty: it's twice as big as it needs to be."
Alegis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-08-2003, 11:16 AM   #29
Crow_Nest
Forum Spammer

Nopes, doesnt get boring even after 2 years.

Xbox 360 Gamertag: cr0wnes7
Crow_Nest is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-08-2003, 11:27 AM   #30
-ST-i_stinks

yea quite boring well as my country doesn't have a jka server........starhub went close to 1 but they said they won't buy it so we need some one to buy the game for Starhub if we hope to have a singapore server AWwwww

Reborn Ancient Jedi........

Reborn Ancient Jedi...A SP total conversion mod for JA.Whole new storyline.etc set between Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy...

Reborn Ancient Jedi TC Forums!
Visit the Reborn Ancient Jedi TC site!
-ST-i_stinks is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-08-2003, 11:30 AM   #31
Crow_Nest
Forum Spammer

Quote:
Originally posted by -ST-i_stinks
yea quite boring well as my country doesn't have a jka server........starhub went close to 1 but they said they won't buy it so we need some one to buy the game for Starhub if we hope to have a singapore server AWwwww
Now that you've mentioned, "starhub" and "singapore". That reminds me, i met you before in that jk2 server!

Use ASE, look for servers in Asia, yesterday i saw a singapore server but it was using a protocol 25. (JA 1.00) Try looking for sg servers after sometime.

Xbox 360 Gamertag: cr0wnes7
Crow_Nest is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-08-2003, 11:38 AM   #32
-ST-i_stinks

well pagn is not going to have a jka server but starhub said they might consider but unless some one buy the game and give them.......... so they can host......the other JKA server in singapore well.......r those created by singapore player for about 1-2 hour of play with their friends.......

and wait erm get back to topic

yea i also playing kotor too addicted even more addictived than those heroine bla bla drugs(wait let me declare i DO NOT TAKE ILLEGAL DRUGS)

Reborn Ancient Jedi........

Reborn Ancient Jedi...A SP total conversion mod for JA.Whole new storyline.etc set between Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy...

Reborn Ancient Jedi TC Forums!
Visit the Reborn Ancient Jedi TC site!
-ST-i_stinks is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-08-2003, 06:04 PM   #33
Akshara

Quote:
I had observed notable absences and infrequent appearances/posts by certain regulars...
Yeah... the holidays, family issues, and a botched OS reinstall can have that effect. I've been offline for almost two weeks, but looking forward to getting back into it. Looks like a lot has happened around here...

Umm... what's KOTOR?

Be Mindful of Your Thoughts...

-----

Online name: Zhen Jou
Akshara is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-08-2003, 06:37 PM   #34
Kurgan
Headhunter

KOTOR = Knights of the Old Republic

An Xbox SW RPG that was recently ported to the PC with improved graphics and a few extras (though you can download those for the Xbox version as well I hear).

Old 12-08-2003, 06:46 PM   #35
Akshara

I was kidding, Kurgan... lol. Thanks for the thought, though. *whispers to rest of forum* He's actually a big teddy bear with a marshmellow center at heart...

Be Mindful of Your Thoughts...

-----

Online name: Zhen Jou
Akshara is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-09-2003, 10:17 AM   #36
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Quote:
Originally posted by Akshara

I was kidding, Kurgan... lol. Thanks for the thought, though. *whispers to rest of forum* He's actually a big teddy bear with a marshmellow center at heart...
I always thought the same thing y'know.......

ALL OF YOU NEED TO PLAY KOTOR.....That is if you can read dialog and appreciate storyline in a game.....

go here for some cool screenies I've posted.....
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...96#post1400896

MTFBWYA

Asinus asinum fricat
Old 12-09-2003, 11:37 AM   #37
Mex
Not the brightest cookie.

Yes JA has become very very boring for me.. No new moves, not enough new characters, stupid plot, graphics are the same as JO...

It's just not good enough anymore for todays standards.
Mex is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-09-2003, 12:01 PM   #38
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Quote:
Originally posted by Michaelmexp
Yes JA has become very very boring for me.. No new moves, not enough new characters, stupid plot, graphics are the same as JO...

It's just not good enough anymore for todays standards.
Its fortunate for Raven/Lucasarts that the release dates were separated, if both games had come out any closer together it wouldve resulted in decreased sales, I definitely wouldve gotten KOTOR first and waited to play JA a bit later on.....

Don't get me wrong, JA is cool.....but KOTOR is *somethin else* !

MTFBWYA

Asinus asinum fricat
Old 12-09-2003, 02:19 PM   #39
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
I still love JA and am not bored of it at all. I am hooked on KOTOR right now, but its style of play is so different from JA. I find after playing KOTOR for a bit I want to start up JA and enjoy some FPS lightsaber action. As good as KOTOR is, it has in no way replaced JA, for me anyway.
Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-09-2003, 03:36 PM   #40
ExcelsioN
Veteran

You're all toturing me! I can't get KOTOR until christmas. Bioware make the best rpg's and now its Star Wars....

If I had to decide between the two now, I would get KOTOR. But JA is still fun, and easy to edit. Thats the big downside of KOTOR, no editing stuff.

ExcelsioN is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Academy > Has JA become boring, tired ??