lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: problems (Melee Mod)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-16-2003, 11:07 PM   #1
Arjuna
Lurker

problems

the melee mod looks CRAZY!

but I can't get it to work GDAMIT

I updated my JA to 1.01 but it still doesnt work.

no maps load properly, the ladder_melee level doesn't work either and I get this message in the console:

MAX_PACKET_USER_CMDS

I already changed the npc files so that they would work; previously the game told me that it ran out of room once it got to shield1.sab; then it said to make the npc files shorter, so that's what I did, but it still won't work.

if anyone has it working or has any ideas plz help,
thanks,

Mike

And I'm OUT THIS MUFUGGA!
Arjuna is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-16-2003, 11:28 PM   #2
Sam Fisher
eh.

Did you double check the install directory? It might be the problem. I think its supposed to be extracted to the Gamedata directory.

stuck in an eternity of sunshine and chocolate.
Sam Fisher is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-17-2003, 03:43 AM   #3
Arjuna
Lurker

I know I have the right file system.

jediknight - jedi academy > gamedata
in this folder is my base folder and the folders for the mods tha I load through the setup>mod screen.

gamedata > melee_all
in this folder is a save folder, a bunch of screenshots, melee.pk3 and readme.txt

I already changed melee.pk3 to a zip, opened it up and cut up the npc files, which were the first reason it didn't work, into different ones.

ex: cultist_sword1.npc including all variants: cultist_blade1, cultist_blade2, cultist_sai, etc for the 20 or so weapons there are in the game. Anyway the first time I tried to load it I got an error message basically saying "shorten the npc files, they are too long", so I did that, and now it just doesn't work. I realized I had to update my JA, so I did, but now it doesn't work so I updated for no reason, which was something I didn't want to do!

Argh... I wanna play it so badly! It looks NUTZ!

Thanks though

Old 12-17-2003, 06:09 AM   #4
Samuel Dravis

Umm. Don't cut out the NPC files, because the map needs them, and you want the weapons they drop, don't you?

Reunzip the meleemod to gamedata. Start up JKA(1.01!), load the mod. If it doesn't work, tell us. If it does, try not to get too much blood on you.

"Words are deeds." - Wittgenstein
Samuel Dravis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-17-2003, 07:33 PM   #5
Agen
The Spoon Guy

melee mod won't show in the list thing, you just run the .bat file
Agen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-18-2003, 02:59 AM   #6
Arjuna
Lurker

uhm ok.... it worked. i apologize for my n00bness or lameness or whatever.

now... there must be a way to combine it with the cultist_race mod, so that I can pick my char from the 'new game' menu... and probably a way so I can pick the melee weapons from the new game menu as well (at the screen where you pick your saber hilt & color?)

and is there any way to have separate installations of jka, so that one can be updated and the other not? although i'm not sure that's the best idea, space-wise for my comp...

and I didn't really want to update but i'm starting to wonder if its such a bad thing?

thanks for all your help

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Academy > problems (Melee Mod)