lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Siege Tips
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-29-2003, 03:03 AM   #1
Master William
Addicted to SW:BF 2

Thumbs up Siege Tips

Before we begin, understand this:
Orange = what to do as a Rebel
Red = What to do as a Merc

Siege Tatooine

In the beginning on Tatooine (Siege), as a Rebel, be Assault. Take out that E-Web, and spray those walls with laser. Also try as a Demolition guy, mine the walls and destroy.

As a Merc, try being a Dark Jedi with Level 3 Grip, and grip those little Rebel scums. They cannot protect from it, so you'll have the advantage of slashing them easily at that.

On Tatooine, if you want to destroy (say you are on the Offensive team, which is Rebels on this map) something, like the consoles and door consoles, simply grab a swoop, place it near what you want to destroy, shoot at your swoop, and run away. When it explodes, it will instantly destroy your target.

If you are on the defensive team though, try being a Tech. Install all the turrets in all the houses with the consoles that you are supposed to protect, it's done the same way you hack a door (the Use button). Do also stay in your base, place a sentry gun that you have with you as basic, and place a forcefield so the enemies cannot enter (when needed).

As a Jedi of the Rebels, be the one that knows Mind Trick. This one can Mind Trick foes easily, escaping very easy. Also, you have Protect and Absorb, and many other useful force powers. Protect for the gunners and miners, Absorb for the dark jedi with their Grip.

When the Rebels have opened the arena doors to the Rancor, join as a Scout. Stand somewhere and snipe them, I guarantee you will frag atleast one if you are good with the Disruptor Rifle.
After they destroyed the first gate, join as a Heavy Weapons or a Demolition guy. Stay inside and mine the place, and keep throwing those Thermal Detonators.

When the Rebels reach the end, try hitting them with the Swoop, or simply stand where the Millenium Falcon is, and mine the entrace, so they'll have a taste of explosion when they think they are going to make it.

For the Rebels, once you reached the end, ride a swoop, and use it as I said before (use it as a bomb to destroy door consoles, etc). Grab the parts, and wear Protect, because you might be mined or shot at.

That's all, I believe, my guide for Siege Tatooine. I play like this, and I am doing very fine.

Good Luck!

And don't forget:

"It's Jango Fett! And he's brought his head!"

Last edited by Master William; 12-29-2003 at 03:21 AM.
Master William is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-29-2003, 04:54 AM   #2
Samuel Dravis

And remember to bind voice chat commands to keys - courtesy of Razorace:

/voice_cmd
Multiplayer, Command

Description:
Plays a given voice command in all team gametypes.

Usage: bind g "voice_cmd att_attack"

Voice Commands Availible:
att_attack
att_primary
att_second
def_guns
def_position
def_primary
def_second
reply_coming
reply_go
reply_no
reply_stay
reply_yes
req_assist
req_demo
req_hvy
req_medic
req_sup
req_tech
spot_air
spot_defenses
spot_emplaced
spot_sniper
spot_troops
tac_cover
tac_fallback
tac_follow
tac_hold
tac_split
tac_together

"Words are deeds." - Wittgenstein
Samuel Dravis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-29-2003, 05:23 AM   #3
gotcha8903
Rookie

wow! someone else on lucasforums plays siege, i would have never known.....

something else- the assaults blaster rifle is helpful on rebel team when trying to diable those stations. ive found it to work faster than the repeater (might just be me). and dont forget jumping through the windows as a jedi to disable the shields and pick up the parts for the last objectives

i think i have a way to get around the push spam on korriban when the light jedi are tring to get the blue crystal. i know ive been pushed/pulled to my doom in the lava there atleast 20 times. havent tested it against another team, but i think it would move fast enough to get around any force pushers. this is how i would see it working:

one person who is a demolitions on light side throws some det-packs on a spot close to the edge of the lava in the blue crystal room. another person runs up to the detpack, the det-packs are detonated at the right moment and the person is sent flying to the other side. i think enough detpacks might even send someone to the top where the crystal is. friendly fire must be off of course, and once again i havent tested in game against another team (shooting them to the other side works though. )
gotcha8903 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-29-2003, 06:02 AM   #4
Syzerian
Rookie

only tatooine?!?!?!
lol

my guide to hoth
at the start you just need to get that at-st and run it straight up the middle.
next get rid of those turrets then most of your team will probably be taking pot shots at each other from across the ditch so then u can go through the cave undetected.
how to do this: jumping the first rocks are easy enoough then you must hug the wall to your right to jump 2nd rocks then hug the left wall to jump the 3rd then the last one is easy enough then ur home free.
to do the next part you will need at least 2 people stop demos getting into the hangar door control room while a jedi runs off with the codes.
next get a tech to get that side door open and watch those lift whores
next part is pretty simple just charge at the command center full force

Syzerian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-29-2003, 06:21 AM   #5
gotcha8903
Rookie

for the shield generator part on hoth i just stay as jedi and jump across the ravine/cayon and put out the bridge. using the eweb on the generator while some other guy uses the atst helps too. i agree, using the side door is probably the best way to screw up the other team (poor, unknowing lift whores)
Old 12-29-2003, 06:53 PM   #6
JDKnite188

Siege rocks.

There are many ways to accomplish objectives in the siege maps, but in the end it comes down to teamwork. I see that most of the siege servers are filled with n00bs who don't know basic game functions (i.e. how to change their name ) or just have duels are individual adventures. WRAA!

Siege still rocks though. I don't mind laying ownage on n00bs.

Cheers,
JDKnite188

Hopin' LEC is going to get on track and bring us a decent JK for the JKers of 1997.
JDKnite188 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-30-2003, 03:12 PM   #7
sup3rsnail
Rookie

I sure hope the upcoming "godlike" patch is gonna add some more siege maps...

Just having three maps gets old. ;(
sup3rsnail is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-30-2003, 05:44 PM   #8
gotcha8903
Rookie

new patch?

details please!

and yes the three siege maps get tired after playing them awhile, even with totally different players
Old 12-30-2003, 06:24 PM   #9
Master William
Addicted to SW:BF 2

Custom Siege maps sounds even cooler.

"It's Jango Fett! And he's brought his head!"
Master William is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Help Center > Strategy Shack > Siege Tips