lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: WIP: AT-AT
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-02-2004, 04:16 PM   #1
Duncan_10158

Wip: At-at

its time to show my newest project i am
working on. its an , an AT-AT!
i got lots of mails from people asking
me to make this vehicle and as
RenegadeOfPhunk is working on
the coding for new vehicle classes,
i started to work on an AT_AT.

the work goes well, i finished the
meshes, uv- maped it, created keleton
and now i am working on thefirst
animations. at OJP, we are discussing
how we could do a mod for making the
AT-AT work properly in game. i am
hopping for some great code changes
so the walker class can turn the head,
stop in the middle of a walking cycle
and other features.

here i have got two pictures and a short
movie of a walking cycle for you.

http://io.meskinaw.net/images/atat/at-at_walking.avi

take a look at it and give me some feed back.
specialy would be great to know what you
expect of an AT-AT. i am making this for your
MP maps, siege maps specialy, what animations
do you would like to have? Whats an AT-AT
to drive like, what strenght what weeknesses
does it have?

and please, do me a favor, if someone asks
for a AT-AT point him here. i cant stand threads
in the request forum anymore, in which they
discuss why nobody creats a model while in the showcase forum is a WIP thread on that!
Thanks

Last edited by Kurgan; 05-10-2004 at 09:21 AM.
Duncan_10158 is offline   you may:
Old 01-02-2004, 04:57 PM   #2
Godzilla
Rookie

Looking great. Strengths, hmm, well, the armor is inpenatrable in most all places, but... weaknesses, of course the belly is vulnerable, if you're a good enough shot and good enough pilot to hit there. The neck joint is also vulnerable to a laser or torpedo. The AT-AT is basically the ground equivalent to a star destroyer. (Hope that helped. Somehow I feel that it didn't.)

I am master of Tokyo.
Godzilla is offline   you may:
Old 01-02-2004, 06:37 PM   #3
tFighterPilot

Woohoo!

My projects:
Snow Speeder
Kaadu

Quote:
Originally posted by yaebginn
not at all, they came here[USA] to worship God however they wanted and it was built on the principals and rules of the Christian religion.
tFighterPilot is offline   you may:
Old 01-02-2004, 06:48 PM   #4
DarkLord60
Something In the Way

Wow your gonna have every vehicle available before the years over.

DarkLord60 is offline   you may:
Old 01-02-2004, 07:18 PM   #5
Pahricida

well great work !

I hope you won't adjust the AT-AT's Scaling to make it to fit into maps

What about the Head? will there be a little noding animation? cause it looks a little more realistic ... or will the head be controllable by mouse- movement?

But I have to say that if everything works out well it'll be the most impressive JKA Vehicle out there ...

Swiss quality work I guess

Pahricida is offline   you may:
Old 01-02-2004, 07:44 PM   #6
Scouttrooper

very cool dude! does mister Duncan_10158 also wants a skin for that? atleast you want to, Ill do it keep up the great work man !
Scouttrooper is offline   you may:
Old 01-02-2004, 08:38 PM   #7
RaSiN_HeCk

I think it should deflect lazer fire, and just be harmed by ships and heavy weaponry (Conc, rockets, flechtte)

and I think it should move like a really old dog ,kinda shakey and fumbling on it's self ,y'know? but not too shakey and old. know what I mean?

People who sin say this: They had to, to survive. People who sin say this: It's too late now to stop. The shadow called Sin dogs them steadily from behind, without a word. Remorse and Agony are repeated, to finally end up at Despair. But sinners don't know that if they turn around, there is a light... a light which keeps shining on them ever so warmly. A light that will never fade.
-Vash the Stampede
RaSiN_HeCk is offline   you may:
Old 01-02-2004, 08:48 PM   #8
LightNinja
The Ninjonator

Nice one, with this, the at-st, the at-pt and the snow speeder somebody can do a battle of hoth map

~JA MP Total Conversion~
LightNinja is offline   you may:
Old 01-02-2004, 10:21 PM   #9
lassev
cryptoscripter

Re: Wip: At-at

Quote:
Originally posted by Duncan_10158

take a look at it and give me some feed back. specialy would be great to know what you expect of an AT-AT. i am making this for your MP maps, siege maps specialy, what animations do you would like to have? Whats an AT-AT to drive like, what strenght what weeknesses does it have?
It must be BIG! HUGE! What else to except of an AT-AT? Just think of the moment of the Battle of Hoth when Luke almost got crushed like some insignificant bug by that one huge foot...

It would be quite a moment to see that monster coming toward you. You would be looking up and up and up. The ground would be shaking, and then... SPLASH.

Hmm. I guess I'm imagening how it would look like in some SP map... Wondeful work, Duncan_10158!
lassev is offline   you may:
Old 01-02-2004, 10:28 PM   #10
tFighterPilot

Quote:
Originally posted by LightNinja
Nice one, with this, the at-st, the at-pt and the snow speeder somebody can do a battle of hoth map
Well duh.

Emon was doing one, but disappeared into oblivion.

My projects:
Snow Speeder
Kaadu

Quote:
not at all, they came here[USA] to worship God however they wanted and it was built on the principals and rules of the Christian religion.
Old 01-02-2004, 10:47 PM   #11
LightNinja
The Ninjonator

Wow 3 replys exactly = lol

~JA MP Total Conversion~
Old 01-03-2004, 02:01 AM   #12
DarkLord60
Something In the Way

Its called triple posts buddy.

Old 01-03-2004, 05:42 AM   #13
Crowy
Forumite

Location: on a peice of plywood with this sandpaper type stuff on it
looking very nice there, dumb question for you all.... what does at-st at-at and at pt and all that stand for! i cant remember!

In Loving Memory Of Corinne Brittan.

September 3rd 1986 - November 30th 2003
Crowy is offline   you may:
Old 01-03-2004, 08:24 AM   #14
tFighterPilot

Cool! Triple post! *shifty*

AT AT = All Terrain Armored Transport
AT ST = All Terrain Scout Transport
AT PT = All Terrain Personal Transport.

My projects:
Snow Speeder
Kaadu

Quote:
Old 01-03-2004, 12:40 PM   #15
Zappa_0
JOM Director

Well the first glance of this new thread I was like OH YEAH! And it looks great cant wait to see it completed.

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkLord60
Wow your gonna have every vehicle available before the years over.
and more!
Zappa_0 is offline   you may:
Old 01-03-2004, 02:26 PM   #16
LightNinja
The Ninjonator

I think that you should make the AT-ST slow cuz in the movies it moves like a turtle, also you could make it powerfull to balance its slow problem

~JA MP Total Conversion~
Old 01-03-2004, 05:44 PM   #17
Zappa_0
JOM Director

Yea I agree LighNinja, they need to be slower and more powerful to be totally balanced out.
Old 01-03-2004, 08:02 PM   #18
RaSiN_HeCk

isn't not a strategy game, it's a FPS. I'd find it rather boring to be going 2 mph getting pummeled by rockets or having some Jedi running around your legs.

People who sin say this: They had to, to survive. People who sin say this: It's too late now to stop. The shadow called Sin dogs them steadily from behind, without a word. Remorse and Agony are repeated, to finally end up at Despair. But sinners don't know that if they turn around, there is a light... a light which keeps shining on them ever so warmly. A light that will never fade.
-Vash the Stampede
Old 01-03-2004, 09:24 PM   #19
Pahricida

Quote:
Originally posted by RaSiN_HeCk
...and just be harmed by ships and heavy weaponry (Conc, rockets, flechtte)...
Nah I think it should be only damagable by Shipweapons and those Laser thingy Turret things on hoth.

Pahricida is offline   you may:
Old 01-03-2004, 09:30 PM   #20
Zappa_0
JOM Director

Yea thats a good idea Pahricida, but the only thing is I dont think thats possible to not be damaged by players. Perhaps give it more health so it would take longer to destory.
Old 01-03-2004, 10:11 PM   #21
se7enraven
Rookie

Yes! I have been waiting for this since JO! You go with your bad self!
se7enraven is offline   you may:
Old 01-04-2004, 03:37 AM   #22
RaSiN_HeCk

Quote:
Nah I think it should be only damagable by Shipweapons and those Laser thingy Turret things on hoth.
then shipless players are screwed. = )

I'd say ,ok, make it techincal if it's soley going into a seige map, but keep it simple so it's playable anywhere.

and futher more keep it simple so Duncan can get it done with out weeks for tormenting working trying to find out how to make certain areas weaker than others..or..yeah!

basicly I'm saying make a Honda AT-AT, not the best ride but it can get you from here to there with out too much trouble.

-Vash the Stampede
Old 01-04-2004, 11:03 AM   #23
Altus_Thrawn

I don't think it should be slow. It never moved slow-it took steps slowly, but when each step is mega huge, you don't need to take lots of them.

When all is said and done, more is said than done.

Thanks to ZeeMan for the sig!
Altus_Thrawn is offline   you may:
Old 01-04-2004, 12:08 PM   #24
Zappa_0
JOM Director

Double Post! Also it has to go slow, its one huge vehicle, twice the size of an AT-ST. So it has to be balanced, moves slow...powerful weapons!
Old 01-04-2004, 12:52 PM   #25
lassev
cryptoscripter

Quote:
Originally posted by Altus_Thrawn
I don't think it should be slow. It never moved slow-it took steps slowly, but when each step is mega huge, you don't need to take lots of them.
I'll second that! Such a big thing would look unrealistic if it ran like some mouse around. With each step big enough, it will make a good distance in no time at all. And being slow enough in its movements will make it more imposing and grand.
lassev is offline   you may:
Old 01-05-2004, 02:29 AM   #26
RaSiN_HeCk

well yeah, it travels fast but moves slow. Like the Old Dog thing, tumbling over it's self(but not falling over)

oh! and when it dies, it should fall forward, like in the movie 'yknow? not side ways and retarded like in Rouge Leader or Rebel Strike (I hate it when the die like that)

-Vash the Stampede
Old 01-05-2004, 06:42 AM   #27
tFighterPilot

In Rogue Squadron 1 it falls like in the movies, and then you can blow it, like in the movies

The only problem is that in JA, it would'nt fall because of a tow cable (unless Phunk will be able to do it for OJP, which is highky unlikely)

My projects:
Snow Speeder
Kaadu

Quote:
Old 01-05-2004, 07:26 AM   #28
Duncan_10158

Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions, i will realy thinkabout all you mentioned. right now i have no big update to give, RenegateOfPhunk agreed to do the coding part for the ATAT. and Scouttrooper, if you would like to do the skin, you would be very welcome i let you know when the skinmaps are that far. they still need to work on.

Quote:
Strengths, hmm, well, the armor is inpenatrable in most all places, but... weaknesses, of course the belly is vulnerable, if you're a good enough shot and good enough pilot to hit there. The neck joint is also vulnerable to a laser or torpedo.
i thought that too, the armor should be very strong but vulnerable to some weapons or vehicles. if its possible to have some vulnerable parts like the neck, we could do that too.

Quote:
I hope you won't adjust the AT-AT's Scaling to make it to fit into maps What about the Head? will there be a little noding animation? cause it looks a little more realistic ... or will the head be controllable by mouse- movement?
we want to have it in the original size, if thats possible. and we try to make the head mouse controled to follow the crosshair in horizontal and vertical.

Quote:
I think that you should make the AT-ST slow cuz in the movies it moves like a turtle, also you could make it powerfull to balance its slow problem
the balance is quite importent i think. it will be slow but the long legs will make it fast enought anyway. we will see that when its first time in game. the weapons will be powerfull and with the turnig head the aiming could work great.

Quote:
basicly I'm saying make a Honda AT-AT, not the best ride but it can get you from here to there with out too much trouble.
Hey, nothing against Hondas!

i am trying to do this ATAT vehicle so people can use them in thier maps, siege maps specialy. i want to have it a gameplay sense somehow and be fun to drive. i know, to keep close to the original would be great but if its not fun or it make no sense in gameplay we have to "improve" it slight a bit. i surely want to keep the origial size for ex. cause its just impresive, but if with this size the driver cant see the ground anymore cause its out of view, we have to size it down. i am not expecting this, but you know what i mean.
Old 01-05-2004, 03:37 PM   #29
se7enraven
Rookie

Out of curiosity, how many player heights is it? Also, it would be neat if it moves forward or backward by one set of contril(with the ability to turn albeit slowly), yet the head is totally independent and operates by the mouse, which i think was mentioned above.
se7enraven is offline   you may:
Old 01-05-2004, 03:45 PM   #30
LightNinja
The Ninjonator

now im sure, that was out of couriosity

~JA MP Total Conversion~
Old 01-05-2004, 09:24 PM   #31
RaSiN_HeCk

what's with this thread and it's triple posts?! Quadriple posts even!

-Vash the Stampede
Old 01-06-2004, 12:55 AM   #32
Neverhoodian
If I may make a point...

Well, it's taking a looooooooooooooooooong time for posts to appear, lately around here, at least on my computer...and I'm using DSL!

Anyway, This looks pretty neat! I eagerly await its release, Duncan!

Dark Forces Total Conversion-http://darkforces.jediknight.net
Relive the classic that started it all!
Open Jedi Project-http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisp...s=&forumid=542
Working to expand the JA experience!
Neverhoodian is offline   you may:
Old 01-08-2004, 12:22 PM   #33
TIE-pilot
Rookie

sounds 4 duans ATAT

duacn whats ur e-mail adress? i can sed u the sounds of the walking AT-AT
and i can look 4 the weapon sounds ok?
post ur e-mail adress and i can give u the walking sounds
sorry 4 my grammar
TIE-pilot is offline   you may:
Old 01-08-2004, 05:04 PM   #34
TIE-pilot
Rookie

Smile

sorry for these many mistakes
so i can give u the sounds for your at-at
the sound if it is walking and the fire sound
so give me ur e-mail and i mail u these sounds
I hope u can use it
TIE-pilot is offline   you may:
Old 01-08-2004, 10:32 PM   #35
Duncan_10158

se7enraven, i cant realy tell how hight the ATAT will be. i am trying to make it realistic, but it will turn out in the beta. to give the turbolaser a radius of destruction is a good idea, it surely will be a powerfull weapon.

TIE-pilot, sure your help is very welcome. Phunk will do the coding part, also add the sounds. if you could sent me your sound files, i will pass it to him, great thanks. you can contact me under this link:
http://io.meskinaw.net/
Old 01-13-2004, 05:38 PM   #36
Duncan_10158

now that these forums are up again, here are some news. i got the ATAT first time in game, but there seems to be maximum you can size up models. so this is the max size the ATAT can have, but its hugh anyway

there are still lots of faults, for ex. the small guns are rotating the wrong axis when moving up/down. but take a look on your own, i put an ATST beside it to compare the size. a player model has about the size of the ATAT foot.

Old 01-13-2004, 05:51 PM   #37
tFighterPilot

It's too big!

My projects:
Snow Speeder
Kaadu

Quote:
Old 01-13-2004, 07:57 PM   #38
ObiKast

No, it isnt, the model af the correct size.

[ www.jedi-order.net ] [ http://www.jedi-order.net/forums/index.php?s= ]
-Jedi Knight of the Jedi Order
-Knew as Streen[JO]
Released Skins:
-Streen's personal clan skin
ObiKast is offline   you may:
Old 01-13-2004, 08:47 PM   #39
Neo_Knight
Rookie

GOD

it's gonna be impossible to win against this !
Neo_Knight is offline   you may:
Old 01-13-2004, 11:08 PM   #40
DarkLord60
Something In the Way

Quote:
Originally posted by Neo_Knight
GOD

it's gonna be impossible to win against this !
No its not, not if you have a snowspeeder.

Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > Showcase forum > Modelling > WIP: AT-AT