lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: WIP: AT-AT
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-21-2004, 06:10 PM   #81
tFighterPilot

So is it another thing that Raven has implented in the game and never used it?

My projects:
Snow Speeder
Kaadu

Quote:
Originally posted by yaebginn
not at all, they came here[USA] to worship God however they wanted and it was built on the principals and rules of the Christian religion.
tFighterPilot is offline   you may:
Old 01-21-2004, 06:15 PM   #82
Manquesa

yeah, there's several things about vehicle combat that weren't implemented due to lack of time I guess. But yeah, that turret thing is already in the game, just buggy.

Finished Projects:
Sith Terminator
Awing
Tie-Interceptor
Y-Wing
Death Glider
Slave 1
Ep. 3 Jedi Starfighter

Current Projects:
T-16 Skyhopper
Manquesa is offline   you may:
Old 01-21-2004, 06:35 PM   #83
Andy867
McCan Caoma

Basically, the gunner pc is unable to accurately predict where the pilot pc plans to fly/move the vehicle, so the chugginess is just a by-product. I believe that if the OJP or one of the other Mod makers worked hard enough, they could make a hack that basically but the pilot and gunner in some kind of mini-synchronous mode, which would allow for a better change of getting it to work. It would kind of be like a buffer for information, it might take up a little bandwidth, but it would ensure better results than "Chugginess". but if this is even possible, I am not sure. Just my .02 on how to theoretically fix the 2 passenger feature.

Shut yo face before I punch you in the mouth, break your teeth and call you Snaggle-tooth.
Andy867 is offline   you may:
Old 01-21-2004, 06:39 PM   #84
tFighterPilot

Hey, if it's possible in Halo...

I hope OJP will do something about it

My projects:
Snow Speeder
Kaadu

Quote:
not at all, they came here[USA] to worship God however they wanted and it was built on the principals and rules of the Christian religion.
Old 01-24-2004, 04:58 AM   #85
Zappa_0
JOM Director

Yea that would ne nice to do, to have something like the Halo vehicles in JA.
Zappa_0 is offline   you may:
Old 01-24-2004, 06:08 AM   #86
RaSiN_HeCk

to get vehicles like Halo vehicles would mean we'd have to tweak game phsyics(sp?) and I'm not sure you can do that.

but like, multiple players on one vehicle is possible.

People who sin say this: They had to, to survive. People who sin say this: It's too late now to stop. The shadow called Sin dogs them steadily from behind, without a word. Remorse and Agony are repeated, to finally end up at Despair. But sinners don't know that if they turn around, there is a light... a light which keeps shining on them ever so warmly. A light that will never fade.
-Vash the Stampede
RaSiN_HeCk is offline   you may:
Old 01-24-2004, 11:25 AM   #87
ZH@o YuN
Rookie

Wow, you guys actually got the turrets working?

I've been trying for ages on the Lambda, but all I've got so far is the gunner's ability to aim up and down...

Anyway... lausa, maps can have a custom draw distance. Using a distance small enough, and with the correct fog settings, map size should never be a problem! Hoth has very heavy weather at most times, so there is an excuse for using a ton of fog to get decent FPS with a tiny draw distance.

Last edited by ZH@o YuN; 01-24-2004 at 05:09 PM.
ZH@o YuN is offline   you may:
Old 01-24-2004, 11:47 AM   #88
Zappa_0
JOM Director

Yea to make JA like Halo would require alot of work.
Old 01-24-2004, 01:59 PM   #89
A-WingPilot
Rookie

Ey duncan, can you tell us how much % it's done, like Manquesa's signature?
A-WingPilot is offline   you may:
Old 01-25-2004, 01:29 PM   #90
Duncan_10158

Quote:
Originally posted by lauser
Now hang on I didn't say you don't know much.
you are right, you didnt say that, i did!
honestly, you are right with your critic, its possible that everything turns out not playabel, but lets say the force leads me the right way. and lauser, you are very welcome to make a map for the ATAT, its true that most of the maps are to small i and i cant realy test it on them.

multible drivers, i can see the problems thats causing and i hope they got solved. but for the ATAT i think we should stay on one driver. the ATAT has only two types of weapons and both are linked, at lest in horizontal, together, so they cant be aimed independently. i think this is better for only on driver. the ATAT will turn vers slow but the head will follow the crosshair much faster.

in the last few days the ATAT didnt make much progress. still the death animations to do, i havent heard from Mark for a few days and Phunk is working on another project right now. so dont expect it tomorrow.
Duncan_10158 is offline   you may:
Old 01-25-2004, 01:48 PM   #91
A-WingPilot
Rookie

Unhappy

ow, too bad, it would be so nice if we can use it with 2 people , just like the movie.
Old 01-25-2004, 06:11 PM   #92
RaSiN_HeCk

well, if you wanna get techincal, the AT-AT can hold 43 people inside, that's drivers, Commander Veers, and 40 Stormies.

People who sin say this: They had to, to survive. People who sin say this: It's too late now to stop. The shadow called Sin dogs them steadily from behind, without a word. Remorse and Agony are repeated, to finally end up at Despair. But sinners don't know that if they turn around, there is a light... a light which keeps shining on them ever so warmly. A light that will never fade.
-Vash the Stampede
Old 01-29-2004, 01:30 AM   #93
Zappa_0
JOM Director

If you wanna get techniqual it can hold more then that you said Rasin. I remember from the techniqual book that I have said alot about it, even including a hanger bay for Tie's if im not mistaken. I would have to get it out and take a look at it.
Old 01-29-2004, 08:57 AM   #94
tFighterPilot

If you wanna get technical, go to Yoda's Swamp

My projects:
Snow Speeder
Kaadu

Quote:
Old 01-29-2004, 07:10 PM   #95
AJL

Can vehicle have parts which can be shot and destroyed without
destroying entire vehicle ?

Could it be possible to add grapple hook which can be used also
on that vehicle so that players could lift them selfs up like Luke in
the movie... ??

If Yes and Yes then... It would be nice if that is the only way how
infantry guys could destroy them... (at first cut hole to its bottom
with saber and then throw/shoot explosives inside...)
AJL is offline   you may:
Old 01-29-2004, 07:31 PM   #96
tFighterPilot

no and no

My projects:
Snow Speeder
Kaadu

Quote:
Old 01-30-2004, 12:38 AM   #97
RaSiN_HeCk

Well, if we could get a grapple mod, that can hook onto players, can't you just shoot that at the AT-AT and just latch on and slash away?

-Vash the Stampede
Old 01-30-2004, 11:18 PM   #98
LightNinja
The Ninjonator

Quote:
Originally posted by RaSiN_HeCk
Well, if we could get a grapple mod, that can hook onto players, can't you just shoot that at the AT-AT and just latch on and slash away?
Then we only could be able to use the atat only in a mod? :/

~JA MP Total Conversion~
LightNinja is offline   you may:
Old 01-31-2004, 06:42 AM   #99
TIE-pilot
Rookie

*idea*

can u make a door on the side of the atat?
then some troops can get in there and the driver but be in the head on the consoles?
is that possible? u can daa a swoop in there then, too
and its good for a siege
TIE-pilot is offline   you may:
Old 01-31-2004, 07:18 AM   #100
RaSiN_HeCk

Quote:
Then we only could be able to use the atat only in a mod? :/

no, only the grapple would be a mod.

-Vash the Stampede
Old 01-31-2004, 08:59 AM   #101
tFighterPilot

Quote:
Originally posted by TIE-pilot
can u make a door in the side of the atat?
then some troops can get in there and the driver must be in the head to dirve the thing
is that possible? if it yes please make it...
it good for a siege map then...
Once again, no

I wish it was possible to make tow cables, and than we could've destroy it like in the movies...

My projects:
Snow Speeder
Kaadu

Quote:
Old 01-31-2004, 09:45 AM   #102
Duncan_10158

we have to be realistic, to have an enterable area inside the ATAT is not possible with this engine. to have destroyable parts is also out of what know. the 'lift them selfs up' thing is also something i cant say if its possible but to be honest i think it makes no realy sense in gameplay.

i know its great your enthousiams, but keep on the ground. we got problems with the ATAT we have to solve first be for we can even think of tow cables and snowspeeder attacking.

one thing i am working on, is the vehicle box. its for collision controle, it makes the vehicle hitable and avoids clipping. the box is a square around the center of the vehicle and you cant enter it. but the ATAT isnt a square, right? do you know now what the problem is? thats what we need to figure out first and what takes so long to work on.
Old 01-31-2004, 11:34 AM   #103
Zappa_0
JOM Director

I think you clicked New Thead instead of a New Post. No worries pal, that happenes sometimes.
Old 01-31-2004, 12:40 PM   #104
keshire
Veteran

Yes doors can be added to the walker vehicle class. As for it being animated though I don't think so.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
-Keshire of the Bleak Cabal.
keshire is offline   you may:
Old 01-31-2004, 03:34 PM   #105
ZH@o YuN
Rookie

To avoid the bounding box creating a huge piece of space under the head, have it surround the body and legs, and just a small part of the head.
Old 02-01-2004, 07:10 AM   #106
A-WingPilot
Rookie

Ey duncan, when you have solve the problems, can you write a update here, with new screenies?

I would love to do the beta test 2 .
Old 02-01-2004, 07:21 AM   #107
Zappa_0
JOM Director

A-WingPilot, its gonna be awhile for a beta test. They are still having problems that there trying hard to fix. So dont expect a beta for atleast another month at the max. Maybe even longer.
Old 02-01-2004, 08:31 AM   #108
A-WingPilot
Rookie

I know, just asking
Old 02-01-2004, 12:53 PM   #109
Zappa_0
JOM Director

And im just letting you know
Old 02-01-2004, 02:07 PM   #110
A-WingPilot
Rookie

lol. little conversation here
Old 02-02-2004, 03:58 PM   #111
ZH@o YuN
Rookie

Since when can you add a door to a vehicle?
Old 02-02-2004, 06:12 PM   #112
SuPa
Lurker

NiCe!=D

Thats Coming on Nicley Duncan you should try to form some way that you can fit a few more people into a AT - AT Like with the LambdaShuttle Like have 2 people 1 controling front gun other controling back gun and have other people that can get in to just spectate em inside if you no what i mean well good luck anyway

SuParH
SuPa is offline   you may:
Old 02-03-2004, 03:48 AM   #113
Andy867
McCan Caoma

SuPa -> Like Manquesa said earlier, having a 2nd passenger is a buggy feature in Jedi Academy and without any kind of coding support, trying to do it would be a very unpleasant experience, even people with broadband connections have problems. Until there is a mod made to support multiple passengers, Duncan will just have to go with a one-person controlled AT-AT (certainly would be a difficult task in RL to do )

Shut yo face before I punch you in the mouth, break your teeth and call you Snaggle-tooth.
Andy867 is offline   you may:
Old 02-03-2004, 10:09 AM   #114
tFighterPilot

Quote:
Originally posted by ZH@o YuN
Since when can you add a door to a vehicle?
When the ATST is empty, the hatch in his head is open.

My projects:
Snow Speeder
Kaadu

Quote:
Old 02-04-2004, 11:41 AM   #115
Duncan_10158

Next update, i have uploaded a new movie of the ATAT, so you can see the progress. this time it has the skin from Mark and some more animations. the death animations were pain and there are still two to go. here is the link:

http://io.meskinaw.net/images/AT-AT/at-at_walking.avi

tFighterPilot, the open/closed hatch, these are two animations one is used of empty vehicles, the other for vehicles with a driver in it. i didnt thought about that, should i make a door that is open when the ATAT is empty? what do you think, does it make sense to see that the ATAT is empty in game? i still could do that.
Old 02-04-2004, 12:07 PM   #116
CortoCG

Hi Duncan, does the render contain all the frames you are gonna use ingame? If yes, is the playback at the same framerate you're gonna play them ingame? The ATAT is a behemont, so, it should move ver slow and smooth, and the smooth looking can only be achieved by adding several frames to each animation. Besides that simple fact, your getting better and better making animations, keep it up man .

Oh, another thing to tweak if you will: check the movement of the ATAT on the movies, I dont know how about the body, but the head moves slightly up and down while it walks.

Dark Forces Mod: Modeler, animator, coder.

For more detail about my work visit my website
CortoCG is offline   you may:
Old 02-04-2004, 12:27 PM   #117
Duncan_10158

Quote:
Originally posted by CortoCG
Hi Duncan, does the render contain all the frames you are gonna use ingame? If yes, is the playback at the same framerate you're gonna play them ingame? The ATAT is a behemont, so, it should move ver slow and smooth, and the smooth looking can only be achieved by adding several frames to each animation.
Oh, another thing to tweak if you will: check the movement of the ATAT on the movies, I dont know how about the body, but the head moves slightly up and down while it walks.
no, in there are more frames that will be in game, i made this render out of two series of each six animation sequences so it fits together. the hole animation has about 500 frames right now.

and no, the framerate of the render is much faster then it will be in game. i simply dont know how to lower the framerate when making these render

you are right, the head is nodding up and down a bit, but hey lets get realistic, the drivers would get sick this way! i am jocking, the reason i dont add an up down movement is, the head will be playercontroled folllow the crosshair, i dont know if it workes to add an animation to that.

for those who dont want to page back, here is the link to the new movie:
http://io.meskinaw.net/images/AT-AT/at-at_walking.avi
Old 02-04-2004, 12:52 PM   #118
CortoCG

The funny thing about Star Wars is that none single aspect of it realistic, nevertheless it feels possible (except for the jedis and the space combat sounds of course, lol). The only guy that can say what is right and what is wrong on the Star Wars universe is our uncle George Lucas. And since he only expresses his vision os SW with the movies, I think we should all stick to what we see in them.

With that little essay apart, you're right about the player controlled head.

Dark Forces Mod: Modeler, animator, coder.

For more detail about my work visit my website
CortoCG is offline   you may:
Old 02-04-2004, 01:25 PM   #119
Casper
Banned

Wow! Uh... one question will there be insides like the PFB?
Casper is offline   you may:
Old 02-04-2004, 02:00 PM   #120
A-WingPilot
Rookie

PFB ???
what's that?

Your video doesn't work, it stand still when he is going to shoot

Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > Showcase forum > Modelling > WIP: AT-AT