lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Leela Model (JK2/JA universal woman project), Cont....
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-04-2004, 08:37 AM   #41
El Sitherino
The Original.

Hot Topic Starter LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran LF Jester 
sounds pretty cool.
If you want I could temporarily host it for you, just so the fan's can get a hold of it

“This body is not me. I am not caught in this body.
I am life without limit.”
El Sitherino is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-04-2004, 01:18 PM   #42
AJL

Great model it is but there is some negative things in it too:

1. Eyes looks bit WEARD...

2. And the biger problem is the waist line... (shose polygons
which form the seam between torso and hips aren't parallel
which causes strong seam ingame because of the bit coarse
lighting JA has...)
AJL is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-04-2004, 10:52 PM   #43
Antizac

Current Game: Skyrim
Quote:
Originally posted by AJL
Great model it is but there is some negative things in it too:

1. Eyes looks bit WEARD...

2. And the biger problem is the waist line... (shose polygons
which form the seam between torso and hips aren't parallel
which causes strong seam ingame because of the bit coarse
lighting JA has...)
.................................................. .................................................. ......................uh....huh................... ....

Well....

um...

I suppose I *COULD* spend several thousand dollars, in U.S. Currency to buy the XSI Softimage software, just so I can weld the verticies, on all the seperate meshes - just to make the nit-pickers happy... (I'm gonna stop right here...)

Basically, if there *was* a way to fix it with the tools I had, I would have. I should know, I spent a year on this...

[EDIT:]

YAY!!! PCGameMods, is back to full-functionality!

Update, yo:
http://www.pcgamemods.com/4160/

-Dan

Last edited by Antizac; 02-04-2004 at 11:58 PM.
Antizac is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-05-2004, 01:47 AM   #44
Archonon
Rookie

She looks fantastic Antizac. I was wondering since it was released in the JO section of pcgamemods (And forgive me if you've already answered this) but does the model have or not the bone tag for JA double saber animations?

Thanks and great job!
Archonon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-05-2004, 03:44 AM   #45
Antizac

Quote:
Originally posted by Archonon
...does the model have or not the bone tag for JA double saber animations?
Well, let me put it this way:

It wouldn't work in JO at all, if that was the case.
The tag *is* there, but it's been weighted to the l_hand_bone (as with all JO models).
JO only supports the r_hang_tag_bone - it doesn't support the l_hang_tag_bone at all, so it has to be weighted to the closest thing: l_hand_bone.
In my opinion - If Raven was gonna even have a left hand tag in JO, they should have fully supported it. But that's me.

At least they did the right thing with JA, and used the left_hang_tag_bone. But they should have supported all the finger bones, like they did in JO. Ah, well it's hardly noticeable anyway. (atleast they have opposeable fingers).
Well, enough of my lecturing...

I'll have a JA version out sometime...
And it'll have all the meshes of both the Civilian, and the Jedi versions, combined into one. (Because JA, can support more meshes, at once, on any given model.)

-Dan
Old 02-06-2004, 11:11 AM   #46
AJL

Are you going to release the XSI/MAX/... project file someday ?
Old 02-07-2004, 05:56 AM   #47
Antizac

Buy me the Softimage XSI program, and I'll think about it. =)

Just released at JK2files.com:

http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?ID...=expand#297633

-Dan
Old 02-08-2004, 08:52 AM   #48
Archonon
Rookie

This is definately one of the best models I've seen. I did run into a bit of a snafu though. I was fighting against the long hair version bot (I'm testing if I make them right) and after I killed her when she respawned she nowhad the cloak and untextured miniskirt which is not supposed to be on the long hair version.

The second time she respawned, she again had the cloak and mini and after we dueled for a bit, the game froze and then returned to the main menu giving me a warning about exceeding shader limits.

My question is, looking at the different versions all have mini, cloak, etc active in their skin files. Should I put that off command in the skin file to toggle off the mini and cloak that aren't supposed to show up in the first place? Or is there another way I could prevent the shader error occuring again when the bot respawns?

Thanks and great model!
Old 02-08-2004, 02:18 PM   #49
AJL

Quote:
Originally posted by Archonon
This is definately one of the best models I've seen. I did run into a bit of a snafu though. I was fighting against the long hair version bot (I'm testing if I make them right) and after I killed her when she respawned she nowhad the cloak and untextured miniskirt which is not supposed to be on the long hair version...
I assume you were playing Jedi Academy...

The problem is that the model uses Jedi Outcast method
in disabling surfases (those surf files) which doesn't work
properly in Jedi Academy...

If you want to get them working in Jedi Academy you
have to remove the surfaces from those Skin files...

(check what surfaces are turned off in those surf files
and then replace the texture dir of those surfaces
with *off in the skin files...)

Example:

hips_miniskirt,models/players/leela_jedi/minis.tga
-->
hips_miniskirt,*off

Fixed "JA" skin files:
http://alienjl.homestead.com/files/leela_fix.zip

Last edited by AJL; 02-08-2004 at 03:01 PM.
Old 02-08-2004, 05:32 PM   #50
Archonon
Rookie

Thanks so much AJL, that's precisely what I was asking. Looking at default JA skins which have that "off" command I thought that might have something to do with the surfs but wasn't sure.

Thanks for the response and the fix!
Old 02-12-2004, 08:00 PM   #51
jp-30

The International House of Mojo Staff 
Hey,

Any word on the release date of the Civvy version? Both the skins I started on the Beta version will probably work better on the civilain rather than the jedi variation...

jp-30 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-19-2004, 09:54 AM   #52
Antizac

I'll get to that soon, JP. I'm currently tackling several projects at once, here - I just got one other off my back, a day or two ago. And I'm working on some slight revisions...
I'll send it to you before I release it, how 'bout that? =)

-Dan
Old 02-20-2004, 10:31 PM   #53
jp-30

The International House of Mojo Staff 
Sounds good to me.
jp-30 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-15-2004, 09:21 AM   #54
Antizac

OOPS... Did I update, again? =)

Here'sanupdateon the Civilian Leela model for JO.

Normally I wouldn't bother posting an update that prettymuch repeats so many things that have been covered before - but I have made some slight changes to the model that, to me, make a huge difference, and make her look more like a real person...

First, I made some slight tweaks to her face, that look good to me - so whatever.
second, I shaped her waist to a... ...proportionate size - as well as her thighs and legs. They were always a bit too exaggerated to me. Oh - and I gave her cleavage on the torso.... (not well shown) but it's there.

The top two pics are what she currently looks like textured...
And the bottom two show the comparison between the last released model, and the model, I'm currently working on...
This model will have All the hair and everything else the last one had, except: the vest, the Jedi utilities (on the belt), the dress, the skirt, the cloak.
This one instead has: Left and right gun/blaster holsters, a jacket, the Mini skirt (is still on this model)
plus some additional features that are too long-winded to list right now, but will come in handy.

And here's a few 3DS Max renders ofher (she'll be compiled soon, I have some weighting issues to work out):

I'm also trying some shader effects, so she'll look pretty close to this in-game...

Again, the JA model will be a compilation of both the Civilian and the Leela Jedi models...

Comments?

-Dan
Old 03-15-2004, 10:59 AM   #55
Zappa_0
JOM Director

WOW, I cant complain of updates, awesome work on the updates. They look great! Also this is one hot model!
Zappa_0 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-15-2004, 03:06 PM   #56
Thrawn42689

Looks really good, except for the face...the face just looks really weird. The black rings around her eyes and bright pink on her cheeks really throws off the realistic look you have on the rest of the model. Good work, anyhoo.

Thrawn42689 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-15-2004, 04:44 PM   #57
El Sitherino
The Original.

Hot Topic Starter LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally posted by Thrawn42689
Looks really good, except for the face...the face just looks really weird. The black rings around her eyes and bright pink on her cheeks really throws off the realistic look you have on the rest of the model. Good work, anyhoo.
maybe it's for the pimp mod? . J/k looks good. I agree to a point about the face, try and dull down the peach on the face. >_> I wonder what she'd look like if we made her black... or asian... <_< anyway nice work

“This body is not me. I am not caught in this body.
I am life without limit.”
El Sitherino is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-15-2004, 11:44 PM   #58
Zappa_0
JOM Director

I dont really see nothing wrong with the eyes nor her cheeks, it adds more detail to the model.
Old 03-16-2004, 02:54 AM   #59
Thrawn42689

Must you contradict me on every thread I post in, Zappa?

Here's what's wrong with the face:

1. Her eyes have black poly rings around them. I guess they're supposed to be eyelashes, but in that case they should alpha them. Eyelashes aren't solid black plates.

2. She has tons of unrealistically pink and red glittery skin in large amounts on her cheeks, and a bit right under her eyes too.

3. She has really exaggerated dark rings under her eyes, like a drug addict or someone who just got punched in the face a bunch of times.

In retrospect, I think the main problem is that you guys wanted to change the color of her skin from Jan's more tan shades, but instead of adjusting the RGB values or something similar, you tried to paint over. The face seems to be splotched with an entirely different color than the neck and chest. I know it seems like a lot of criticism, but apart from that I think it's a great concept, and a great looking model, apart from the face. Keep up the good work, guys!

Old 03-16-2004, 05:33 AM   #60
Antizac

Ah well, I guess I don't have to release it then.

p.s.
"Guys"? It's just me.

And the so called "make-up" and glitter (also known as "color intensity" and "contrasting" ) - is much less saturated in JO/JA so it has to be over compensated. The "poly-rings" or polygonal eyeliner, was something that was always there, that I never fixed - I thought it looked fine - still do. whatever...

-Dan
Old 03-16-2004, 10:18 PM   #61
Zappa_0
JOM Director

Well I think she is looking really good and updates would be good. I clearly dont see why you have such a problem with those things Thrawn. It just add's to her looks. I fully support your work Antizac and I hope to see more female models and updates of Leela later on.
Old 03-17-2004, 12:57 AM   #62
Thrawn42689

Quote:
Originally posted by Zappa_0
I clearly dont see why you have such a problem with those things Thrawn.
Her face is a different color from her neck/chest. That's not normal.

Old 03-17-2004, 11:28 PM   #63
Zappa_0
JOM Director

I just went over to Plasma's Site and he has posted 2 new photos of a Seductive Leela, which look awesome and very sexy.

Old 03-17-2004, 11:38 PM   #64
Lei Hng Wei
Rookie

As you can see, her clothes will be subject to Force Pull.
Lei Hng Wei is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-18-2004, 12:16 AM   #65
Zappa_0
JOM Director

LOL, Plasma has a few more versions coming soon. You can visit him at http://plasmaskins.jk2files.com . He has also released his Woo Triplets to filefront and can be downloaded now as well !
Old 03-18-2004, 07:17 AM   #66
Antizac

OK, here's one last update before I finish it up (over the next few weeks) - This time I removed the shader effects...

Fixed the shirt and stuff in Photoshop - took me about a half hour to do... (finishing around 11:45 pm)
THEN, I started on the Main character for My level series/saga (that'll never see the light of post-production), and worked on him until 6 A.M. using the same modeling methods, I've been using on Leela:
Have some skinning to do yet...

Don't get too attached to that picture, I'll probably never release him...

OK, so - anyhoo - once Civilian Leela is released, it'll be only short ammount of time to combine the two models (Jedi and Civilian versions) for JA, for use with SP and MP. Once that's all done with - I'll get back to fully concentrating on the levels and scripting for The Rising Empire. Leela will only be continuously updated for...
...well...me - until the release of The Rising Empire: Chapter 1

Then, If I'm not too much older, I'll finish up Chapters 2 & 3.

Any questions?

-Dan
Old 03-18-2004, 09:53 AM   #67
Zappa_0
JOM Director

Quote:
Originally posted by Antizac

Don't get too attached to that picture, I'll probably never release him...[/B]

Thats a him?
Old 03-18-2004, 11:47 AM   #68
t3rr0r
Goblet of Fire

Quote:
Originally posted by Lei Hng Wei
As you can see, her clothes will be subject to Force Pull.
omg, best quote ever.

i love the new proportions on the model, antizac.

overlord
t3rr0r is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-18-2004, 10:39 PM   #69
Antizac

Quote:
Originally posted by Zappa_0
Thats a him?
YES, that's A HIM. Gotta problem with that? He's in his early 20's in the story, (although his hair should be shorter for Part 1) and he's clean shaven.
Not every male character in a game has to look like a "Bruce Willis-wannabe-epitome-of-masculinity".
m'kay?

-Dan
Old 03-18-2004, 11:14 PM   #70
Abstracked
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Antizac
YES, that's A HIM. Gotta problem with that? He's in his early 20's in the story, (although his hair should be shorter for Part 1) and he's clean shaven.
Not every male character in a game has to look like a "Bruce Willis-wannabe-epitome-of-masculinity".
m'kay?
Couldn't agree more. You gotta problem with long hair buddy? I'll come and kick your arse! lol, long hair is awesome, thats all I have to say, I'll shut up now.

On the note of you model I Know it has been mentioned and I know its your intent not to change it but I do suggest trying to make an extra skin on the face and do a side by side camparison of heavy makeup vs non. and I thinkyou may find your model will step up a little, well thats my 2 cents.

Long live the long haired freaky people.
Abstracked is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2004, 03:48 AM   #71
Weiser_Cain
Forumite

I shave my head.
I like the natural look of this skin.
I don't even have JA and I downloaded it!
Anyway, nice work.
Weiser_Cain is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-23-2004, 03:54 AM   #72
Zappa_0
JOM Director

Hey just checked up on Plasma's site and found a new image of a denim leela coming soon.

Old 03-23-2004, 04:24 AM   #73
Thrawn42689

Yaaah! Posessed Leela!

Old 03-26-2004, 08:32 AM   #74
Antizac

Lightbulb Um... Yeah.

So, um....
Haven't updated in awhile...
Here's what I never bothered posting:

This is a little something demonstrating the usefulness of the (not to be pervert, here) cleaveage/alpha mesh, which nobody could really see in the other shots before.
Basically, I modeled the cleavage, then I covered it with a removeable mesh for use with alpha shading, to get some neat effects.

And a quick tutorial, explaining how this works (for those of you who are new to Alpha channels):

An alpha shader is basically a tga (or png with JA) file with a translucent background, making the transparent areas see-though. But if you want it to be see-through in the game, or 3D program, you need to tell the game/program that it has an alpha channel. And you do that with shaders (like the .shader files used in
Jedi Outcast/Jedi Academy, and most other 3D games today.
More useful info on Alpha Channels found here: http://www.geocities.com/skingalltut/alphatut.htm

So if all you wanna do is make the translucent area invisible in JO/JA then all you need is the following line to a custom shader using the folder names corresponding to the texture file you're using on your model/level/skin:
Code:
models/players/leela_civ/cleavg_alpha 
{ 
   cull   disable 
    { 
        map models/players/leela_civ/cleavg_alpha 
        alphaFunc GE192 
        depthWrite 
        rgbGen lightingDiffuse 
    } 
}
That's all that's needed to make the "cleavage cover", the way it is in-game.

Note: I'm not quite sure yet, but either the "cull disable" or "depthWrite" make the surface double sided (seen from both sides)

But the key ingredient:

alphaFunc GE192 (or 'GE128', whichever looks better)
is what makes the see-though texture - see-though in-game.

So, anyway without further crap on what you missed and... ...something...

Civilian Leela, is now available at PCGameMods.com
http://www.pcgamemods.com/4791/

Download and enjoy. Look for the numerous hidden skins I bundled with defaults.

Comments?

-Dan
Old 03-26-2004, 10:34 AM   #75
Zappa_0
JOM Director

Looking awesome...um Antizac did you get my PM?
Old 03-26-2004, 11:53 AM   #76
Autobot Traitor

Re: Um... Yeah.

God wish you could design real women,I just love the eyes on the model, it help keeps mine away from other parts of the body
Autobot Traitor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-26-2004, 07:44 PM   #77
Weiser_Cain
Forumite

Nifty. Say are you working on any other models or at least diffrent heads for this one? Her eyes are fairly distinctive so I was just wondering if you be doing another one with diffrent eyes? And maybe less cheeky?
Weiser_Cain is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-26-2004, 11:11 PM   #78
Zappa_0
JOM Director

Antizac has released Civilian Leela on PCGM.com in the JO section.

Download here: http://www.pcgamemods.com/4791/

Make sure you look at the pics while downloading, they are awesome. Antizac you make Leela better each release.
Old 04-10-2004, 08:12 PM   #79
Zappa_0
JOM Director

Updates from Plasma on his In Da Club Leela skin

Old 04-10-2004, 10:00 PM   #80
ronbrothers

Woah!

I've got a bad feeling about this...
ronbrothers is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > Showcase forum > Modelling > Leela Model (JK2/JA universal woman project), Cont....