lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Armor requirements
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-17-2004, 08:55 PM   #1
Aven'aeris
Rookie

Armor requirements

I'm looking for the 2da which holds armor requirements, specifically those which restrict Darth Revan's armor to the dark side. anybody find it? am i even looking in the right place? thanks
Aven'aeris is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-17-2004, 09:28 PM   #2
vustare
Rookie

Aven'aeris,
I know in the baseitems.2da, near the bottom, there is a reference to Darth Revan armor. I myself haven't mucked with thath particular item yet, but maybe somewhere there you might find what you're looking for. Please post though, if you do figure anything out.

"You don't want to sell me death sticks. You want to go home and rethink your life."
vustare is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-17-2004, 10:12 PM   #3
eiz
Rookie

g_a_mstrrobe06.uti in templates.bif. In the PropertyList there's an entry with PropertyName=43. If you look in itempropdef.2da you'll see that this is the alignment group restriction property.
eiz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-17-2004, 10:28 PM   #4
Aven'aeris
Rookie

okies, i found it. now how do i edit it? gods i feel like a noob. sorry to bug you guys with this
Old 01-17-2004, 10:33 PM   #5
eiz
Rookie

Export it and open it up in GFFEditor (get it from BioWare), and either delete the entry or change the Subtype to one of the following values (obtained from iprp_aligngrp.2da):

00 - All
01 - Neutral
02 - Light side
03 - Dark side

Then stick it in your override folder. You'll likely need to spawn a new copy of the item for the change to take effect (since you're changing the blueprint instead of an instance).
eiz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-17-2004, 10:50 PM   #6
Aven'aeris
Rookie

nice. worked like a charm. thanks alot for the assist

edit: for some reason, i couldn't get Darth Revan's armor to work when i switched it to all. i couldn't equip it. it works fine for light characters when i switch it to light, however

Last edited by Aven'aeris; 01-21-2004 at 05:39 AM.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Armor requirements