lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Kotor Tool - v1.0.2210.16738 (2006-1-19 12:38)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-07-2005, 12:35 AM   #881
beel2112
Rookie

I'm trying to figure out how to make certain items upgradeable (eg, Freedon Nadd and Visas Marr's lightsabers, Freedon Nadd's blade [which for some reason isn't in the items list? I stumbled over it in 411DXN_s.rim-->Blueprint, Items...], etc.). I *did* look through the tutorials--I'm not totally helpless--but don't see one for this type of thing. I imagine it has something to do with the base item and "Upgrade Level"? Do I need to dig into the baseitem.2da? Or am I not even close?
beel2112 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-07-2005, 07:49 AM   #882
Daebryn
Rookie

To change the upgrade level on items, check out this thread.

Basically you need to open the UTI with the GFFEditor then modify the UpgradeLevel field.

Everyone has the right to act stupid. Some people just abuse the privilage.

"Water tastes like water, nothing is tasteless. Except for reality TV. "
Daebryn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-07-2005, 11:45 AM   #883
beel2112
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Daebryn
To change the upgrade level on items, check out this thread.

Basically you need to open the UTI with the GFFEditor then modify the UpgradeLevel field.
Cool--thanks, that's just what I was looking for. One question though:

In the "Item Editor" when I double click a .uti file there is a "Upgrade Level" field, but it seems to ALWAYS be zero. Yet when I look at the .uti as a text file, it's the correct value. What's up with that?

PS Fred, this is an amazing piece of work. I had only toyed around with it with KotOR, but now I'm beginning to see just how powerful [insert Darth Vader breathing SFX] it is. Good job and thanks a million for making this!
Old 03-07-2005, 03:52 PM   #884
beel2112
Rookie

Dang it--I've edited the Upgrade Level [Byte] in the text editor, but when I use the GiveItem cheat, it comes up as unidentified (sonic grenade icon) item. Then when I go to edit the .uti again KT gives me an "Unhandled Exception Error". Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Edit: I've also noticed that when I open it as Text (File-->View GFF Files as Text) and save it, it increases the file size from ~2k to ~10k after I make the change for Upgrade Level.

Last edited by beel2112; 03-07-2005 at 04:14 PM.
Old 03-07-2005, 05:02 PM   #885
Fred Tetra
Kotor Tool Guy

Hot Topic Starter LFN Staff Member Helpful! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally posted by beel2112
Dang it--I've edited the Upgrade Level [Byte] in the text editor, but when I use the GiveItem cheat, it comes up as unidentified (sonic grenade icon) item. Then when I go to edit the .uti again KT gives me an "Unhandled Exception Error". Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Edit: I've also noticed that when I open it as Text (File-->View GFF Files as Text) and save it, it increases the file size from ~2k to ~10k after I make the change for Upgrade Level.
To quote from page 20 of this thread:

"Kotor Tool does not have a text-based GFF editor. It has a "View GFF files as text" function, but the operative word here is View, as in look at. If you are trying to use files saved from the text editor in the game, they will not work; they are text files, not GFF files."

Kotor Tool Developer
http://kotortool.starwarsknights.com/

"You want to help everyone who asks for aid, answer all of their questions, write that crucial bit of code for which they're searching, and be the hero who saves the day (and their job), but there comes a point when you realize that sleep is sometimes necessary."
—Stephen Toub

Visit the Kotor Tool Forum
Fred Tetra is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-07-2005, 05:04 PM   #886
Fred Tetra
Kotor Tool Guy

A new version of Kotor Tool will be posted today.

If you're manually downloading, check that the version number is the one below.

v1.0.1892.29047 (2005-3-7 16:36)

Features/updates:
  • Fixed bug in 2DA editor that occurred when pasting a row
  • Module editor works again and now uses embedded KotOR game version info if present in .GIT file.

Kotor Tool Developer

"You want to help everyone who asks for aid, answer all of their questions, write that crucial bit of code for which they're searching, and be the hero who saves the day (and their job), but there comes a point when you realize that sleep is sometimes necessary."
—Stephen Toub

Old 03-07-2005, 06:20 PM   #887
Doc Valentine
Ha-Ha Kotor Modding

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
THANKS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!

I FRIGGIN LOVE YOU.

PS, can you send me your billing info again? I deleted all my pms and forgot to write down your adress, sorry.

I don't need you no more in this world. I'll meet you in the next one, and don't be late.
Doc Valentine is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-07-2005, 09:51 PM   #888
sketch42
Rookie

where do i find .map files for the module editor???

sketch42 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-07-2005, 10:56 PM   #889
Fred Tetra
Kotor Tool Guy

Quote:
Originally posted by sketch42
where do i find .map files for the module editor???
Congratulations! You're the first person to ask!

I need to find a new home for the map files, probably at starwarsknights.com in the files section. Until I get that set up, if you have a request for a map, just email me.

Your map choices are:

m02aa - South apartments
m02ac - Upper city south
m08aa - Davik's estate
m10aa - \
m10ab - - Black Vulkar base
m10ac - /
m11aa - Hidden Bek base
m16aa - Sandral estate
m42aa - Elder settlement
m43aa - Rakatan settlement

Kotor Tool Developer

—Stephen Toub

Old 03-07-2005, 10:59 PM   #890
sketch42
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Fred Tetra

I need to find a new home for the map files, probably at starwarsknights.com in the files section. Until I get that set up, if you have a request for a map, just email me.

Your map choices are:

m02aa - South apartments
m02ac - Upper city south
m08aa - Davik's estate
m10aa - \
m10ab - - Black Vulkar base
m10ac - /
m11aa - Hidden Bek base
m16aa - Sandral estate
m42aa - Elder settlement
m43aa - Rakatan settlement
ill host them... right now im in between hosts.. so im using geocities.. but iin a couple of days i think i should have another host .... .. also is there any chance of map files for K2? what do we need to do?

Old 03-07-2005, 11:07 PM   #891
ChAiNz.2da
Brony 4 Life. Yo.

Current Game: Minecraft MP: PynCraft|Tekkit
Quote:

I need to find a new home for the map files, probably at starwarsknights.com in the files section.
Hey Fred, if you need storage just let me know. I have tons and plenty of bandwidth to boot.

Let me know if you want me to store them for you and I can give you a link you can post on your site so it's easier for everyone to find them...

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| Mods (FF) (DS) | Folding | SWK.com | FB: (LF) (Me) | Steam | The Herd |
ChAiNz.2da is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-07-2005, 11:18 PM   #892
Fred Tetra
Kotor Tool Guy

Quote:
ill host them... right now im in between hosts.. so im using geocities.. but iin a couple of days i think i should have another host .... .. also is there any chance of map files for K2? what do we need to do?
To do the KotOR 2 maps, I need CChargin to update MDLOps to work with KotOR 2 so I can extract the models for map assembly.

He's an excellent coder, from what I've seen, so I expect he'll have it worked out in the near future.

Kotor Tool Developer

—Stephen Toub

Old 03-07-2005, 11:19 PM   #893
Fred Tetra
Kotor Tool Guy

Quote:
Originally posted by ChAiNz.2da
Hey Fred, if you need storage just let me know. I have tons and plenty of bandwidth to boot.

Let me know if you want me to store them for you and I can give you a link you can post on your site so it's easier for everyone to find them...
If the StarWarsKnights site doesn't work out, I may take you up on it (Or maybe I will anyway, just as a backup!)

Kotor Tool Developer

—Stephen Toub

Old 03-07-2005, 11:25 PM   #894
ChAiNz.2da
Brony 4 Life. Yo.

Current Game: Minecraft MP: PynCraft|Tekkit
Quote:
If the StarWarsKnights site doesn't work out, I may take you up on it (Or maybe I will anyway, just as a backup!)
The offer stands whenever you want my friend, just let me know

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| Mods (FF) (DS) | Folding | SWK.com | FB: (LF) (Me) | Steam | The Herd |
ChAiNz.2da is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-08-2005, 08:49 AM   #895
Keiko
Forumite

Het Fred, can you post the exact link for the newest KT, and it will start downloading right there? Because everytime I go to your site, and download it, It dosent install the right version, Thanks!

Keiko is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-08-2005, 09:00 AM   #896
una
Rookie

Quote:
The error message is a bit misleading, as it was more relevant to KotOR I, when all versions of the game had the same chitin.key file.

One of Kotor Tool's users was kind enough to send me his chitin.key file to examine. In the German version, two files referenced in the key file, gui.bif and scripts.bif, have different lengths than the version I developed against, which Kotor Tool interprets as a corrupt key file. Other countries versions may have other differences.

I have updated the code to not exit the tool when this is the case.

While I cannot request posting of the required files due to legal issues, setting up Kotor Tool to recognize non-US versions would either:

(a) Require access to the chitin.key file and (after initial testing) some if the game's BIF files,

or

(b) Require some volunteers from different countries to participate in some special testing.

Any volunteers?

I have a UK version of the game and with the new kotortool it doesnt crash anymore.

Great work!!
una is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-08-2005, 09:40 AM   #897
Fred Tetra
Kotor Tool Guy

Quote:
Originally posted by una
I have a UK version of the game and with the new kotortool it doesnt crash anymore.

Great work!!
Glad to hear it works for you now!

Here's what I found by looking at the chitin.key files for the German, Italian and Spanish versions of the game: each indicated that the scripts.bif and gui.bif files were different from the US version, but the same size amongst the various international versions.

As I don't have copies of these files for the international versions, I cannot tell you what the exact difference is (I'd sure like to know, though!), but I made an allowance in Kotor Tool for the file size differences by simply displaying an informative message instead of quitting the application.

If I had the German, Italian and Spanish scripts.bif and gui.bif files, I could do a further analysis, but I don't think I can legally request these files. (Not that it will stop someone from sending them to me, I'm sure!)

Kotor Tool Developer

—Stephen Toub

Old 03-08-2005, 09:51 AM   #898
Fred Tetra
Kotor Tool Guy

Quote:
Originally posted by DarthSmallz
Hey Fred, can you post the exact link for the newest KT, and it will start downloading right there? Because everytime I go to your site, and download it, It dosent install the right version, Thanks!
The link is http://kotortool.home.comcast.net/kotor_tool_setup.exe

When you download the file, right click on it, choose Properties from the menu, then in the kotor_tool_setup.exe Properties window, click on the Version tab. In the Item Name list box, click on File Version. The version number here should match the one on the website when you downloaded it.

If, after install, the version of the program isn't right, use the Add/Remove Programs control panel to remove it, then to be sure, go delete anything left behind in the actual Kotor Tool folder. The typical path is C:\Program Files\Fred Tetra\Kotor Tool\. When the folder is all cleaned out, run the installer again. When you run Kotor Tool, it will attempt to detect the game(s) you have installed and set up the paths for you.

Kotor Tool Developer

—Stephen Toub

Old 03-08-2005, 11:02 AM   #899
Lorden Darkblade
Computer Crazy

The update check is kinda flawed.
Just letting ya know, is not a MUST to fix now, cuz I think the yours priorities are about fixing the Tool errors.
Sometimes when a new version is out it won't say here. I check and it says there is not a new version.
Then I do again and it works.

Lorden Darkblade is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-08-2005, 11:30 AM   #900
Fred Tetra
Kotor Tool Guy

Quote:
Originally posted by Uchiha Itachi
The update check is kinda flawed.
Just letting ya know, is not a MUST to fix now, cuz I think the yours priorities are about fixing the Tool errors.
Sometimes when a new version is out it won't say here. I check and it says there is not a new version.
Then I do again and it works.
Yes, it is not perfect, to be sure. It was designed for intranet use, where your chance at getting the version status from the hosting web site on the first try is near 100%. Unfortunately, my ISP has some pretty slow response times as of recently, even for me, and I am on the same local network!

The auto-update feature was added because it became such a chore to answer questions for people who were encountering problems that had been fixed sometimes months prior because they were unaware a new version had been released.

I hope to improve the robustness of the feature as Kotor Tool matures.

Thanks for the info!

(I need to get some cha mate' - too bad I can't go to Brazil and get some more!)

Kotor Tool Developer

—Stephen Toub

Old 03-08-2005, 11:37 AM   #901
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
Works everytime for me. Are you running any kind of firewall software that might be blocking it?
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-08-2005, 12:22 PM   #902
Lorden Darkblade
Computer Crazy

Yeah I use Norton Internet Security 2004 but I created a rule to not block it.
I always do that when I install progs I trust that connect the net.
Well anyway, it's not a big deal I'm just lazy to make 2 clicks (favourite and enter) to go to the site

Old 03-08-2005, 01:46 PM   #903
Fred Tetra
Kotor Tool Guy

Uchiha Itachi - Sent you a test program to evaluate a possible fix for international characters in GFF files.

If anyone else would like to help in this test, just ask.

Kotor Tool Developer

—Stephen Toub

Old 03-08-2005, 02:19 PM   #904
Lorden Darkblade
Computer Crazy

A question, can I install that one and have both of them installed and working?
The test and the normal one?
Cuz I'll use this trial just for testing like saving files after they were saved once to see if it works.

Old 03-08-2005, 02:47 PM   #905
Fred Tetra
Kotor Tool Guy

I probably should have included more instructions...
[list=1][*]Unzip the file to a temporary directory[*]Rename it to something other than Kotor Tool.exe so it doesn't conflict with the current tool (I should have done this - Doh!)[*]Copy it to the Kotor Tool installation directory[*]Run it[/list=1]

The test version doesn't "need" any of your files to do the test, but it still does the same startup procedure (auto-detect) so it's best to place it in the Kotor Tool installation directory.

You can (and should) delete it after the test.

Kotor Tool Developer

—Stephen Toub

Old 03-08-2005, 10:50 PM   #906
Darth333
Administraterror

Fred, your PM mailbox is full again (make sure you delete the sent items!)

Just wanted to thank you for the maps and tell you that the map page at StarWarsKnights.com is ready: http://www.starwarsknights.com/maps.php

It is accessible via the modding tools page: http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php

Let us know if you would like to see any changes or if you have suggestions concerning the page
Darth333 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-08-2005, 11:02 PM   #907
Fred Tetra
Kotor Tool Guy

Quote:
Originally posted by Darth333
Fred, your PM mailbox is full again (make sure you delete the sent items!)

Just wanted to thank you for the maps and tell you that the map page at StarWarsKnights.com is ready: http://www.starwarsknights.com/maps.php

It is accessible via the modding tools page: http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php

Let us know if you would like to see any changes or if you have suggestions concerning the page
Thanks for getting it up so quickly!

The only addition I'd make is to mention that installation instructions and a Module editor quck-start guide are included with each file. Oh, and also that the maps are only for KotOR I at present. (for those who miss the obvious, heh heh).

RE: PM box - I didn't think of the Sent Items taking up space! Doh!

EDIT - I've added link from my Kotor Tool downloads section to the map page.

Kotor Tool Developer

—Stephen Toub

Last edited by Fred Tetra; 03-08-2005 at 11:13 PM.
Old 03-08-2005, 11:34 PM   #908
Fred Tetra
Kotor Tool Guy

Just an update on what's different between the US and some of the international versions I've been looking at -

The differences occur in two files: gui.bif and scripts.bif.

In gui.bif, there are 5 changes to values in the computer_p.gui file.

In scripts.bif, the bug in nwscript.nss exists (documented elsewhere) and the range for a force power was extended by a small amount in k_inc_force.nss.

I'll be making adjustments to Kotor Tool in a future version to ignore these so that my international users don't get the chitin.key warning message needlessly.

Kotor Tool Developer

—Stephen Toub

Old 03-08-2005, 11:39 PM   #909
Fred Tetra
Kotor Tool Guy

Here's some text exerpted from the "How To" file that comes with the new Kotor Tool Module editor maps, just to show that it isn't that hard to start experimenting with modules:

Getting started
---------------

To try out the Module editor, let us assume you want to work with the South Apartments
on Taris, which is the tar_m02aa set in the KotOR I | RIMs | Modules tree. You'll need the maps installed.

1) Open the treeview to KotOR I | RIMs | Modules
2) Locate the node named tar_m02aa.rim
3) Right-click on the node and select "Extract for Module editing"
4) In the Browse for Folder dialog, create a new folder for the module files and select it.
5) After extraction is complete, you will be prompted to decide whether the module editor will open to the extract folder. Choose "Yes"
6) Click the Module editor button on the main Kotor Tool window
7) The folder you extracted to should be selected. If not, do so. Click OK.
8) You will be prompted to select the KotOR version, select KotOR I.
9) Assuming you copied both the mapm02aa.map and mapm02aa_lg.map files to the Map directory, you will be prompted to select the map resolution. If you have a larger monitor, select "Yes". Some modules have just a high or low resolution map, in this case it will automatically use it.
10) Edit the module. For example, drag a Creature from the right-hand tree to the map, then click the Save button.
11) Choose "Save" from the File menu to save your changes to the .git file.
12) Copy the contents of your Module Project folder to KotOR's Override folder or use the "Copy Project to Override Folder" menu item.
13) Load up KotOR and warp or walk to the Taris apartment ring where the Hideout is.

Remember, the Module editor is a Work-In-Progress. No real support for it can be offered at this time.

Kotor Tool Developer

—Stephen Toub

Old 03-09-2005, 07:17 AM   #910
Mikon Orod
Lurker

Fantastic, Fred, you're amazing!
Thanks for the great work for the community... and thanks to starwarsknights.com!

just a note ( ): I cannot place anything (creatures, droids, and so on) from the right side palette window. I'm missing something from the readme file?

It is good to renew one's wonder, said the philosopher.
Space travel has again made children of us all.

Ray Bradbury

Last edited by Mikon Orod; 03-09-2005 at 08:03 AM.
Mikon Orod is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-09-2005, 09:27 AM   #911
Fred Tetra
Kotor Tool Guy

Quote:
Originally posted by Mikon Orod
Fantastic, Fred, you're amazing!
Thanks for the great work for the community... and thanks to starwarsknights.com!
You're welcome!
Quote:

just a note ( ): I cannot place anything (creatures, droids, and so on) from the right side palette window. I'm missing something from the readme file?

Are you dragging them from the palette onto the map surface?
(Click and hold on desired item, drag to map surface, release)

Kotor Tool Developer

—Stephen Toub

Old 03-09-2005, 09:47 AM   #912
Shadow Blaze

Nice work fred now all it needs is a texture editor and it wil be even more of a fantastic tool. I will have to toy around with that module editor later.

Hk-47-"Query: Now is there any other horrors you wish to insert in my system, or is your electronic butchery done?"

My WIP Thread
Shadow Blaze is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-09-2005, 10:11 AM   #913
Mikon Orod
Lurker

Quote:
Are you dragging them from the palette onto the map surface?
(Click and hold on desired item, drag to map surface, release)
Yes, sure, but when I release the (left ) mouse button, nothing is placed...

It is good to renew one's wonder, said the philosopher.
Space travel has again made children of us all.

Ray Bradbury
Mikon Orod is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-09-2005, 11:41 AM   #914
Darth_ToMeR
Veteran

I have problem with KT. I downloaded the latest version, and when I'm trying to open GFF files with it, it say "Error, can't find 'D:\dialog.tlk' file" or something like that, and my game installed at d:\program files\lucasarts\swkotor2 . Before I downloaded the latest version, it worked fine.

My KOTOR Mods Site:
http://darthtomer.tripod.com
Darth_ToMeR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-09-2005, 12:12 PM   #915
Fred Tetra
Kotor Tool Guy

Quote:
Originally posted by Darth_ToMeR
I have problem with KT. I downloaded the latest version, and when I'm trying to open GFF files with it, it say "Error, can't find 'D:\dialog.tlk' file" or something like that, and my game installed at d:\program files\lucasarts\swkotor2 . Before I downloaded the latest version, it worked fine.
You haven't given me enough details at this point.

1) What is the Kotor Tool version? (Sometimes people say 'the latest' only to find out that they're 1-4 versions behind; how I don't now...)

2) What GFF file are you trying to open?
(a) Is it one on your hard drive, opened via the File | Open GFF....
(b) Is it one from the treeview, via a double-click?
(c) Is it one you double-clicked on that caused Kotor Tool to open?

3) What version of KotOR is the file associated with, I or II:TSL?

4) What was the exact error message produced? If the dialog box with the "Details" button is shown, I need the stack trace up to the "Loaded Assemblies" part.

Kotor Tool Developer

—Stephen Toub

Last edited by Fred Tetra; 03-09-2005 at 12:25 PM.
Old 03-09-2005, 12:52 PM   #916
Darth_ToMeR
Veteran

Quote:
You haven't given me enough details at this point.

1) What is the Kotor Tool version? (Sometimes people say 'the latest' only to find out that they're 1-4 versions behind; how I don't now...)

2) What GFF file are you trying to open?
(a) Is it one on your hard drive, opened via the File | Open GFF....
(b) Is it one from the treeview, via a double-click?
(c) Is it one you double-clicked on that caused Kotor Tool to open?

3) What version of KotOR is the file associated with, I or II:TSL?

4) What was the exact error message produced? If the dialog box with the "Details" button is shown, I need the stack trace up to the "Loaded Assemblies" part.
OK,
1) 1.0.1892.29047
2) I'm trying to open .uti file that I did. I opened it from File->Open GFF...
3) Kotor II.
4) It says "An unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click continue..........."
"Could not find file "D:\dialog.tlk".
When I click on 'Details'-

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file "D:\dialog.tlk".
File name: "D:\dialog.tlk"
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean useAsync, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at kotor_tool.clsDialogTlk..ctor(String path, Boolean memoryResident)
at kotor_tool.clsGFF..ctor(FileStream fs, Int32 KotorVerIndex)
at kotor_tool.frmMain.GetGFFFileKotorVersionIndex(Str ing filepath)
at kotor_tool.frmMain.OpenGFFFileInEditor(String filepath, Int32 formLocationOffset)
at kotor_tool.frmMain.miOpenGFFFile_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.MenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.MenuItemData.Execute()
at System.Windows.Forms.Command.Invoke()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCommand(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Mes sage& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Mess age& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage (Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(M essage& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

My KOTOR Mods Site:

Last edited by Darth333; 03-09-2005 at 04:15 PM.
Old 03-09-2005, 01:05 PM   #917
sketch42
Rookie

whenever i open an edited dlg file and try to save the new changes i get this error... and it wont allow me to save the changes i have to quit

also( i was just wondering... in utc files i cant find the Min1Hp selection box... i see them in utp files though

http://www.imagemonster.org/getimg/dlgerror.gif
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at kotor_tool.clsGFF.FixGffListRefs(Int32 removedStructIndex)
at kotor_tool.clsGFF.ClearListElements(String PathToList)
at kotor_tool.frmDialogEditor.SaveFile()
at kotor_tool.frmDialogEditor.miSave_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.MenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.MenuItemData.Execute()
at System.Windows.Forms.Command.Invoke()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCommand(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Mes sage& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Mess age& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage (Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(M essage& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Last edited by Darth333; 03-09-2005 at 04:14 PM.
Old 03-09-2005, 04:03 PM   #918
Fred Tetra
Kotor Tool Guy

Quote:
Originally posted by Darth_ToMeR
OK,
1) 1.0.1892.29047
2) I'm trying to open .uti file that I did. I opened it from File->Open GFF...
3) Kotor II.
4) It says "An unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click continue..........."
"Could not find file "D:\dialog.tlk".
When I click on 'Details'-

Next time, leave the part below off, as it clutters up the post too much and is not useful anyway

v v v v v v v v v v v v v v

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 1.0.5000.0
Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.573
CodeBase:

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

I found the source of the problem.

The new function that determines the embedded game version for a GFF file was always trying to use KotOR I's Dialog.tlk file.
It didn't really need it, but it was trying to load it anyway when the GFF class that is actually used to look up the info was created. So if you didn't have KotOR I installed, you got an error.

The fix I implemented was to allow a GFF (for lookup purposes) to be created without a dialog.tlk being loaded and extra logic added to handle various combinations of embedded game data present/absent and K1 only installed/K2 only installed/both installed.

Kotor Tool Developer

—Stephen Toub

Old 03-09-2005, 04:58 PM   #919
Darth_ToMeR
Veteran

Well, thanks.

My KOTOR Mods Site:
Old 03-09-2005, 05:20 PM   #920
Fred Tetra
Kotor Tool Guy

Quote:
whenever i open an edited dlg file and try to save the new changes i get this error... and it wont allow me to save the changes i have to quit

also( i was just wondering... in utc files i cant find the Min1Hp selection box... i see them in utp files though
I tried opening/editing/saving/re-opening files for both K1 and 2, but could no duplicate the error you were getting.

As for the Min1HP field, when I looked over Creature files during the initial development of Kotor Tool, I did not see that field, hence no checkbox is present in the editor for that type of file.

Can you give me an example of a file that does? (mention which game it is from, too!)

Kotor Tool Developer

—Stephen Toub

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > T3-M4's Astromech Droid Center > KotOR Tool > Kotor Tool - v1.0.2210.16738 (2006-1-19 12:38)

Tags
kotor modding tool, kotor tool