lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Kotor Tool - v1.0.2210.16738 (2006-1-19 12:38)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-16-2005, 04:36 PM   #1041
Jennaida
Rookie

Current Game: Star Trek Online
I dunno...svosh's second submission looks nice to me. Not 'too busy' as another said They all look nice to me, though.

Is the modified chitin key being much of a pain in the butt to work through, Fred?
Jennaida is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-16-2005, 06:56 PM   #1042
General Kenobi
Guardian of The Force

Didn't say Svosh's TH didn't look nice just said too busy and there is a difference Svosh is well aware of what I think of Svosh's work

Fred, I'm having that problem as well "Your Kotor chitin.key file appears to be corrupt or is a non-US version."

Hope you get er' fixed man, but NO HURRY! You could take a year off and still have already done more than your part for us all

MY SITE: Okinawa Outpost
Gilliam Forums
Ikanaru hito demo sonke suru koto
Yakusoku o yaburanai koto
Hito o on****su shinai koto
Hito ni tai****e omoiyari o motsu koto
General Kenobi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-16-2005, 08:19 PM   #1043
envida
Rookie

There is no reason at all to use a flash file if you only have a static picture.....

envida is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-16-2005, 08:48 PM   #1044
Fred Tetra
Kotor Tool Guy

Hot Topic Starter LFN Staff Member Helpful! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally posted by Jennaida
I dunno...svosh's second submission looks nice to me. Not 'too busy' as another said They all look nice to me, though.

Is the modified chitin key being much of a pain in the butt to work through, Fred?
It probably won't be, but I am FINALLY taking everyone's advice and playing TSL. I just arrived at Telos. (I don't want to say more so as not to spoil it for anyone, though if you're reading this thread, you're either just like me <hehheh> or you've finished the game)

Oh, and I have been working with CChargin to figure out a bunch of things so we can get animations working in the models. Now don't go pestering him as to when; he's a busy guy IRL!

Also, I have made some significant Walkmesh discoveries recently which have been sucking up my time; an update will be made in the related thread later.

Kotor Tool Developer
http://kotortool.starwarsknights.com/

"You want to help everyone who asks for aid, answer all of their questions, write that crucial bit of code for which they're searching, and be the hero who saves the day (and their job), but there comes a point when you realize that sleep is sometimes necessary."
—Stephen Toub

Visit the Kotor Tool Forum
Fred Tetra is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-16-2005, 09:41 PM   #1045
ChAiNz.2da
Brony 4 Life. Yo.

Current Game: Minecraft MP: PynCraft|Tekkit
Quote:
Originally posted by Fred Tetra
It probably won't be, but I am FINALLY taking everyone's advice and playing TSL.
Enjoy the game!

it's about time...

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| Mods (FF) (DS) | Folding | SWK.com | FB: (LF) (Me) | Steam | The Herd |
ChAiNz.2da is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-16-2005, 10:03 PM   #1046
Lorden Darkblade
Computer Crazy

I agree with ChAiNz.2da!
It's about time you actually play the game

Lorden Darkblade is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-17-2005, 01:12 AM   #1047
Jennaida
Rookie

Current Game: Star Trek Online
*laughs*

Wow, playing the game finally. Congrats! Hope you're enjoying it!
Jennaida is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-17-2005, 10:08 AM   #1048
Fred Tetra
Kotor Tool Guy

The drive to fix bugs and to improve and add new features to Kotor Tool is very hard to resist, but I want to finish the game before KotOR III comes out!

Kotor Tool Developer

"You want to help everyone who asks for aid, answer all of their questions, write that crucial bit of code for which they're searching, and be the hero who saves the day (and their job), but there comes a point when you realize that sleep is sometimes necessary."
—Stephen Toub

Old 04-17-2005, 11:35 AM   #1049
RevanA4
Desu~

Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
The drive to fix bugs and to improve and add new features to Kotor Tool is very hard to resist, but I want to finish the game before KotOR III comes out!
I here ya when in school I still fix bugs on projects that I handed in

Saber is so cute ^__^ | Get Firefox! | call me Revan for short plz
check out this awsome fic by Fuu
What browser do you use. click and vote. you can also discuss browsers here

Formerly known as Revan the great | Back from the dead
RevanA4 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-17-2005, 11:56 PM   #1050
Fred Tetra
Kotor Tool Guy

FYI, Kotor Tool works (after a fashion) with Jade Empire, but there are quite a few unsupported file types and no sign of a nwscript.nss file.

We now return you to the regularly scheduled topic ...

Kotor Tool Developer

—Stephen Toub

Old 04-28-2005, 03:55 AM   #1051
keshire
Veteran

Quote:
FYI, Kotor Tool works (after a fashion) with Jade Empire, but there are quite a few unsupported file types and no sign of a nwscript.nss file.
I'll actually fill in what I know... (which is most likely small in comparison)

according to nwn explorer.

uncategorized files?

.BC3 = xbx
.BC4 = ??? sound
.BC8 = ?mdx?
.BC9 = dds

.dlg
.mdl
.cre -> header = CRE V3.2
.are -> header = ARE V3.28
.ncs -> header = NCS V1.0B
.qst -> header = QST V3.28
.txi
.tga
.sav -> header = SAV V3.28

data/Players.mod
(Models, skins, ??)

n_dawn_.mdl 41k ->Binary Model
n_dawn_.BC8 162k -> Binary Animation??
n_dawn01.BC9 43k ->DDS skin map

BC4's are located in data/bips/j00h_dstar0.mod

You'll notice some of the "shared" mdl's have 0 byte bc8's and no bc9's.

Am I missing anything obvious?

These files are listed as .unk (unknown in KOTOR TOOL). The tool also doesn't see rims or mods.

I've seen no source scripts. And no compiled nwnscript.ncs

Have a temp forum up at fable.lanpirates.net for anyone interested.

sorry for the hijack.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
-Keshire of the Bleak Cabal.
keshire is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-28-2005, 12:27 PM   #1052
darthmaster50
Rookie

Question question

Question:
When im editing utc files i can't save. The editor box is to big for my screen so i can't save the file. How do I fix this?

darthmaster50 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-28-2005, 12:52 PM   #1053
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Current Game: Star Wars The Old Republic
Veteran Modder 
Re: question

Quote:
Originally posted by darthmaster50
Question:
When im editing utc files i can't save. The editor box is to big for my screen so i can't save the file. How do I fix this?
You have to adjust your screen settings. 1024x768 will work fine. Kotor Tool has fixed window sizes that will extend off screen if you use 800x600 window settings.

Hint: Fred maybe a later release might play nice with those people that have a hard time with the higher resolutions. Such as the gff editor windows being able to scroll if you resize them?

Working so, we will learn history as a tree knows it; we will climb into shapes printed in the seed; we will become time made visible, years made fragrant; we will make of concentric memory a stem of praise; we will inhabit daylight at a trees own speed; we will be travelers who remain, patriots to this ground.
OMG I only rank 62.13018% geek or a Extreme Geek as it is referred to on the geektest at Geektest
[TSL]Holowan Plugin
Darkkender is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-01-2005, 01:31 AM   #1054
darthmaster50
Rookie

Re: Re: question

Quote:
Originally posted by Darkkender
You have to adjust your screen settings. 1024x768 will work fine. Kotor Tool has fixed window sizes that will extend off screen if you use 800x600 window settings.

Hint: Fred maybe a later release might play nice with those people that have a hard time with the higher resolutions. Such as the gff editor windows being able to scroll if you resize them?
Thx Darkkender for the advice. You making any new modes?

Old 05-01-2005, 05:35 PM   #1055
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Veteran Modder 
Re: Re: Re: question

Quote:
Originally posted by darthmaster50
Thx Darkkender for the advice. You making any new modes?
Sorta I had started a couple 3 mod projects then I got detoured with many different things. Now I'm kinda waiting on the newer version of Kotor Tool before I proceed as it's got some fixes and features I would find handy. Not too mention I've been having a really bad bout of "Adult Attention Deficit Disorder" lately.

Working so, we will learn history as a tree knows it; we will climb into shapes printed in the seed; we will become time made visible, years made fragrant; we will make of concentric memory a stem of praise; we will inhabit daylight at a trees own speed; we will be travelers who remain, patriots to this ground.
OMG I only rank 62.13018% geek or a Extreme Geek as it is referred to on the geektest at Geektest
[TSL]Holowan Plugin
Old 05-04-2005, 09:11 PM   #1056
Fred Tetra
Kotor Tool Guy

Hey Darkkender - thanks for the generous donation!

There was a slight lag in delivery, as I moved just after you sent it, but it arrived just fine.

Kotor Tool Developer

—Stephen Toub

Old 05-05-2005, 11:03 AM   #1057
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Hey Darkkender - thanks for the generous donation!

There was a slight lag in delivery, as I moved just after you sent it, but it arrived just fine.
Your welcome, I guess the next time I send another donation I should make certain to get an updated address, EH.

I'll admit though that I was less than happy I couldn't send more when I did. Especially in comparison to the work you put forth for all of us.

[TSL]Holowan Plugin
Old 05-06-2005, 09:31 AM   #1058
Fred Tetra
Kotor Tool Guy

Quote:
Originally posted by Darkkender
Your welcome, I guess the next time I send another donation I should make certain to get an updated address, EH.

I'll admit though that I was less than happy I couldn't send more when I did. Especially in comparison to the work you put forth for all of us.
As with everyone else, you're always welcome to send further donations in the future; I won't complain!

Kotor Tool Developer

—Stephen Toub

Old 05-06-2005, 11:13 PM   #1059
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Veteran Modder 
Quote:
As with everyone else, you're always welcome to send further donations in the future; I won't complain!
I didn't think you would Fred.

[TSL]Holowan Plugin
Old 05-09-2005, 07:28 AM   #1060
Arjaes
Lurker

Quote:
A new version of Kotor Tool has been sent to VIP users* today.

v1.0.1927.26112 (2005-4-12 13:30) (VIP release)

* Fixed bug in Module editor that was causing it to not find Mapinfo.bfd file

* VIP users are those who have made a contribution in support of Kotor Tool.
This is exactly what is happening when I try to use the module editor. Do you intend to release this for non-VIPs? I've only just consider moding KotOR and so am not a VIP.
Arjaes is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-09-2005, 11:40 AM   #1061
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally posted by Arjaes
This is exactly what is happening when I try to use the module editor. Do you intend to release this for non-VIPs? I've only just consider moding KotOR and so am not a VIP.
Fred has been relatively silent of late as he has been actually playing the game for himself. However I have a hunch his next full release of Kotor Tool may include a variety of bug fixes. I would recomend going ahead and continuing to make use of KT's other features and have your module editing plans saved for a future release. There are still alot of other roadblocks in editing a module area map & model at this time anyways.

[TSL]Holowan Plugin
Old 05-09-2005, 04:34 PM   #1062
Liverandbacon
I'm only worth a piano?

Forum Veteran LF Jester Folder extraordinaire 
How much is an acceptable donation? I'm wondering whether to give one because of all the great work Fred does on Kotor Tool, but I do not have much money right now.

Last edited by Liverandbacon; 03-07-2010 at 11:23 PM.
Liverandbacon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-09-2005, 07:06 PM   #1063
Keiko
Forumite

Me too

Keiko is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-09-2005, 10:09 PM   #1064
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally posted by Liverandbacon
How much is an acceptable donation? I'm wondering whethere to give one because of all the great work Fred does on Kotor Tool, but being 12, I do not have much money.
Quote:
Originally posted by DarthSmallz
Me too
Any donation might be considered acceptable. I would recommend for those low on cash or that are very young maybe a $10 donation. I'm sure Fred would apreciate whatever you send him. Plus if you send him a nice thank you card with it I'm sure that will show him how much you apreciate him even if you can't send as much as you would like.

Fred, if I'm full of it don't take it out on these youngsters.

[TSL]Holowan Plugin
Old 05-09-2005, 11:55 PM   #1065
T7nowhere
Did you reset?

Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Helpful! Notable contributor 
There are other ways to show support and to say thank you.

Last edited by T7nowhere; 05-10-2005 at 01:39 AM.
T7nowhere is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-10-2005, 01:58 AM   #1066
svösh

Veteran Modder Helpful! Contest winner - Modding 
I agree T7 there are many ways to be helpful you can help making tut’s, help laying out modules to make maps for module editing and maybe one day creating new area’s from scratch .. Giving of your self like most of us do all the time, we don’t do it for financial gain, hell I could sell my work since it is mine. But I don’t instead I freely give it away.

Modding and money should never go together, just my 2 cents.

svösh

pixel, poly builder
svösh's kotor mods
svösh is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-10-2005, 07:29 AM   #1067
General Kenobi
Guardian of The Force

Quote:
Originally posted by svösh

Modding and money should never go together, just my 2 cents.

svösh
Couldn't have put it better myself.
DM

MY SITE: Okinawa Outpost
Gilliam Forums
Ikanaru hito demo sonke suru koto
Yakusoku o yaburanai koto
Hito o on****su shinai koto
Hito ni tai****e omoiyari o motsu koto
General Kenobi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-12-2005, 09:13 PM   #1068
darthmaster50
Rookie

Money + Modding= bad results or as this animation shows
+ =

Old 05-16-2005, 05:40 PM   #1069
Jeff
Rating: Awesome

Current Game: SWTOR
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
I am getting a "an unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click continue..." error. Now this error is no new thing for me, it does this almost every time I open a .uti file. But until now I have never gotten one for a .2da file. It keeps coming up! I cannot open the file I need to. Is something wrong with the file? Any way around this?

Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-17-2005, 06:02 PM   #1070
StormTrooper789

AHA! I have discovered Fred's real name!!!!

T7 edit: whats the point of this?! Don't spam.

Now you people understand Darth333 edit:{snip}
I'm so evil!

I scored 12.03156% on the Geek Test.
What about you?

Official Internet Exploiter hater!

Did you know Microsoft wants to "Assimilate" you with their products?

Last edited by Darth333; 05-17-2005 at 10:50 PM.
StormTrooper789 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-17-2005, 09:35 PM   #1071
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
That has to be the single most unthoughtful, inconsiderate act that I have witnessed in some time. I hope that when the gravity of what you have done hits you, you at least have the decency to be ashamed of yourself. So much for Fred's right to anonymity...

Welcome to my ignore list.
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-17-2005, 10:06 PM   #1072
Doc Valentine
Ha-Ha Kotor Modding

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Hmmm, I seem to remember Fred telling me not to disclose any of his personal information, including his name to the public when I gave him my donation and he gave me his billing information. That probably wasnt the smartest thing to do.

I don't need you no more in this world. I'll meet you in the next one, and don't be late.
Doc Valentine is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-17-2005, 10:10 PM   #1073
Lorden Darkblade
Computer Crazy

Truth is, I don't wanna be rude, but some people just do anything to get attention.
What can you possible gain by doing that man?

Lorden Darkblade is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-17-2005, 10:52 PM   #1074
Darth333
Administraterror

ok guys, it has been dealt with. Back on topic now
Darth333 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-18-2005, 01:18 PM   #1075
REDJOHNNYMIKE
Destroyer of Burfday!

Location: Your liver... and a hobgoblin's jugular... simultaneously
Can't work with files in kotor tool

I am trying to learn how to mod kotor and I am having trouble getting the kotor tool to work like the tutorials show.
I can't seem to acces any of the dropdown menus, my screen looks like this,

KotorI
[
KotorII

and that's it, I can't expand the kotorI file to work on anything in it. And when I use any of the windows in the tools section there doesn't seem to be any way to get any files into them either.
REDJOHNNYMIKE is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-18-2005, 02:24 PM   #1076
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Do you have the games installed? If not, then you'll need to install them. If so, make sure that you've set the paths for both games. KT should do this automatically, however you can also set paths by clicking on File>Manage Paths.

I hope that helps.
Old 05-18-2005, 03:49 PM   #1077
REDJOHNNYMIKE
Destroyer of Burfday!

they are installed

I do have the games installed, although TSL never did work for some reason but I only wanted to mod the original kotor, KotorI is installed and runs well, I've downloaded a few mod's and most of them work perfeclty also. After reading different tutorials I think could figure out how to do a lot of the modding described, but when I use the kotor tool it's like there is nothing to work with, just the names of the two games. I don't know how to fix this and access the files I need to mod kotor. I have a lot of ideas for weapons, recruits, missions and stuff, I just can't get started on figuring out how to make them because I must be missing something either in the download of the tool or in my use of it but I can't figure out what it is.
Old 05-18-2005, 06:25 PM   #1078
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Did you read my entire post or just the first sentence?
Old 05-18-2005, 07:39 PM   #1079
REDJOHNNYMIKE
Destroyer of Burfday!

Sorry I thought that I read the whole post, I forgot about that for some reason while I was trying to figure out if my installation was the problem but I'm fairly sure that it is correct (C:\program files\Lucasarts\SWKotor,) that was the only one on that page, the second page had only one path but it was for TSL, the third page looks like this,

import path [
save path [C:\modding\Fred Tetra Kotor Tool]
image viewer [
model export path [

some of the tutorials showed a page with the main kotor directory, like I have written at the top of this, and other directories underneath it for bifs or rims or something like that but mine didn't have them. Could that be why the tool can't find any files for me to edit?
Old 05-18-2005, 08:32 PM   #1080
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

That's exactly why. Set those paths and your KT should work just fine.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > T3-M4's Astromech Droid Center > KotOR Tool > Kotor Tool - v1.0.2210.16738 (2006-1-19 12:38)

Tags
kotor modding tool, kotor tool