lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Kotor Tool - v1.0.2210.16738 (2006-1-19 12:38)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-11-2005, 12:33 PM   #1281
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Current Game: Star Wars The Old Republic
Veteran Modder 
Quick somebody call the paramedics I think I'm having a Heartattack this is so great Fred.

Working so, we will learn history as a tree knows it; we will climb into shapes printed in the seed; we will become time made visible, years made fragrant; we will make of concentric memory a stem of praise; we will inhabit daylight at a trees own speed; we will be travelers who remain, patriots to this ground.
OMG I only rank 62.13018% geek or a Extreme Geek as it is referred to on the geektest at Geektest
[TSL]Holowan Plugin
Darkkender is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-11-2005, 02:01 PM   #1282
Bob Lion54
Jr. Malkavian Detective

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Holy cow, man! The best just got better!

hehe. Ok, thats a bit corny, but certainly true!

Bob Lion54 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-11-2005, 03:00 PM   #1283
Fred Tetra
Kotor Tool Guy

Hot Topic Starter LFN Staff Member Helpful! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChAiNz.2da
Holy Hell Fred! KotOR Tool is going to be a mega-beast module maker
I didn't realize you were diving into the sound portion... sweet...

Looks outstanding!

Well, I wanted to be able to support all of the UT* types that are found in a module to make the editor as complete as possible.

I still have to develop an Encounter editor (UTE), but that should be no worse a task.

Here's the list of feature changes coming in Kotor Tool (so far):
  • Door fields are now editiable in Module Editor
  • Fixed bug in module editor that cause Kotor Tool to crash when Properties menu was chosen for a trigger from palette
  • Module Editor no longer gives an error when closed before a module project was opened
  • Module Editor can now show item Tags as well as ResRefs in the palette and on the map surface
  • Trigger editor (UTT) now lets you set the faction via a drop-down menu instead of having to type a number in
  • Trigger editor now has a drop-down menu for Type (Generic/Transition/Trap)
  • Door editor (UTD) now lets you set the faction via a drop-down menu instead of having to type a number in
  • Sun and Fog range controls in Module Properties editor now more compatible with KotOR I
  • 2DA Editor no longer crashes when "Show Strings for Refs" is done on column that contains -1's
  • Added Waypoint (UTW) Editor
  • Added Waypoint editing support to Module Editor
  • Added item position tweaking to Module Editor
  • Encounters can now be repositioned and reshaped in the Module Editor
  • Encounter properties can now be accessed by right-click on one of its nodes
  • Encounter Spawn Points can now be repositioned using the mouse
  • Encounter Spawn Points can now be added and deleted from the map surface
  • Module Entry point can now be repositioned using the mouse
  • Added Quick menu to Text Editor to make finding sections of .GIT GFF files easier
  • Fixed a text padding issue with the GFF file non-RTF text dump
  • Added Sound (UTS) editor
  • Added Sound editing support to Module editor

I want to add a full scripting editor too, complete with Intellisense-like function parameter completion, syntax highlighting and more, but the .NET control would take a loooong time to develop and the commercial version of the control that supports this costs about US$300.

(Take a look here: http://www.actiprosoftware.com/Produ...r/Default.aspx if you're interested.)

Maybe if the donations resume, I'll put the $$ towards this, since I think it'd be a great addition and would be cheaper that users having to obtain something like TextPad or UltraEdit.

Kotor Tool Developer
http://kotortool.starwarsknights.com/

"You want to help everyone who asks for aid, answer all of their questions, write that crucial bit of code for which they're searching, and be the hero who saves the day (and their job), but there comes a point when you realize that sleep is sometimes necessary."
—Stephen Toub

Visit the Kotor Tool Forum
Fred Tetra is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-12-2005, 11:26 AM   #1284
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Tetra
I want to add a full scripting editor too, complete with Intellisense-like function parameter completion, syntax highlighting and more, but the .NET control would take a loooong time to develop and the commercial version of the control that supports this costs about US$300.

(Take a look here: http://www.actiprosoftware.com/Produ...r/Default.aspx if you're interested.)

Maybe if the donations resume, I'll put the $$ towards this, since I think it'd be a great addition and would be cheaper that users having to obtain something like TextPad or UltraEdit.
Something to this effect is what I've been slowly working on myself with the .NET framework Fred. If you want once I finish the Alpha I could send it your way for you to take a look at and see if you can integrate it. I'm writing it in C++ though so I might have to store it mostly in a dll. My biggest hangup is staying focused with everything going on around my place lately(Between 2 1/2 jobs and house building contractors )

Working so, we will learn history as a tree knows it; we will climb into shapes printed in the seed; we will become time made visible, years made fragrant; we will make of concentric memory a stem of praise; we will inhabit daylight at a trees own speed; we will be travelers who remain, patriots to this ground.
OMG I only rank 62.13018% geek or a Extreme Geek as it is referred to on the geektest at Geektest
[TSL]Holowan Plugin
Old 10-12-2005, 07:29 PM   #1285
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png

Current Game: all
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
I think I may have found a bug in KT. Recently, I had to re-install NWN Platinum, and now some *.2da files are showing up under TSL's 2da.bif tree. For instance some of the race files from NWN are in 2da.bif, for instance 'race_feat_elf.2da' is listed...

Quote:
Having finally gotten my Euler angles to Quaternion function working, I can now produce various camera shots, some that are pretty strange.
I could send you an include file that I'm using for a game engine I'm working on that does that, although it's in C++, so there may be compatability issues... You might also try a cool program called 'Algebrus', it calculates quaternion rotations automatically for you, to and from Euler, it's saved me a ton of time from doing them

"No, Mama. You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty whoever put that hit on you already got the cops in their back pocket." ~Black Dynamite

Last edited by Det. Bart Lasiter; 10-12-2005 at 07:43 PM.
Det. Bart Lasiter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-12-2005, 11:12 PM   #1286
Fred Tetra
Kotor Tool Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac7142
I think I may have found a bug in KT. Recently, I had to re-install NWN Platinum, and now some *.2da files are showing up under TSL's 2da.bif tree. For instance some of the race files from NWN are in 2da.bif, for instance 'race_feat_elf.2da' is listed...
That would be very strange, if it were really happening

What you're seeing are 2DA's that shouldn't have been included during the build of the BIFs when Obsidian put them together. If you look in the KotOR I files, you'll find various vestigial things there, too.

Kotor Tool Developer

"You want to help everyone who asks for aid, answer all of their questions, write that crucial bit of code for which they're searching, and be the hero who saves the day (and their job), but there comes a point when you realize that sleep is sometimes necessary."
—Stephen Toub

Old 10-12-2005, 11:39 PM   #1287
SpaceAlex
Forumite

Forum Veteran 
I have discovered a very strange bug that's kinda difficult to explain, so i'll just tell you what you should do to test it yourself:

- Open the n_darthtraya001.utc (904MAL) with KT and save it;
- start the game and use the warp cheat (or load savegame) to jump to 904MAL;
- defeat Darth Traya.

Here's where the bug happens. After you defeat Traya she dies, but that should't happen... what should happen is the cutscene, in which Traya spawns the three lightsabers. (Note that sometimes the cutscene will trigger, even if you save it with the new KT. That's why i suggest that you lower Traya's stats, so that you can defeat her in a few seconds.)

Now, i'm almost 100% sure there's something's wrong with the new UTC editor in KT, because when i save the file with the previus version of KT (or with GFF editor) the bug never happens.

SpaceAlex is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-12-2005, 11:57 PM   #1288
Fred Tetra
Kotor Tool Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceAlex
I have discovered a very strange bug that's kinda difficult to explain, so i'll just tell you what you should do to test it yourself:

- Open the n_darthtraya001.utc (904MAL) with KT and save it;
- start the game and use the warp cheat (or load savegame) to jump to 904MAL;
- defeat Darth Traya.

Here's where the bug happens. After you defeat Traya she dies, but that should't happen... what should happen is the cutscene, in which Traya spawns the three lightsabers. (Note that sometimes the cutscene will trigger, even if you save it with the new KT. That's why i suggest that you lower Traya's stats, so that you can defeat her in a few seconds.)

Now, i'm almost 100% sure there's something's wrong with the new UTC editor in KT, because when i save the file with the previus version of KT (or with GFF editor) the bug never happens.

The reason this happens is that there was a bug in the reading of the value for the Min1HP field. It has been fixed for the next release of Kotor Tool.

If you reset the Min1HP field to '1', you can't kill her.

Kotor Tool Developer

—Stephen Toub

Old 10-13-2005, 12:52 AM   #1289
SpaceAlex
Forumite

Forum Veteran 
Yup, i suspected as much. I wondered why i couldn't mark that field.

SpaceAlex is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-13-2005, 03:37 AM   #1290
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Question

Should something like nwconfig.2da be there though? Because there aren't any other files in the K1 data

"No, Mama. You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty whoever put that hit on you already got the cops in their back pocket." ~Black Dynamite
Old 10-13-2005, 10:20 AM   #1291
Fred Tetra
Kotor Tool Guy

K2 has many more leftover files than K1. I suspect that is because the BioWare folks, having developed the game engine, knew what was safe to remove. The Obsidian team, either because they didn't know what was safe to remove, or more likely, given the quantity of unfinished material in the game (probably due to a unrealisticly time-framed project plan put together by non-programmers!) were simply too rushed to eliminate extra files that wouldn't hurt anything if left in.

Since I myself have had similar project schedules in the past, I can see how case #2 for Obsidian could be possible.

<soapbox>
While I know a lot of folks gripe about the missing or unfinished content, I don't think many of them actually know what it is like to be given a short time frame and a long list of features for a product espcially when you're not the original creator. It is quite tough to get up-to-speed with an unfamiliar development environment and become productive. I really feel for game programmers, (knowing a few as I do), as they have some pretty miserable conditions to work under.</soapbox>

Kotor Tool Developer

—Stephen Toub

Old 10-13-2005, 11:51 AM   #1292
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Veteran Modder 
Quote:
<soapbox>
While I know a lot of folks gripe about the missing or unfinished content, I don't think many of them actually know what it is like to be given a short time frame and a long list of features for a product espcially when you're not the original creator. It is quite tough to get up-to-speed with an unfamiliar development environment and become productive. I really feel for game programmers, (knowing a few as I do), as they have some pretty miserable conditions to work under.</soapbox>
HHMMM *Begins to think own personal goal may not be worth it if the conditions are really that bad. *

[TSL]Holowan Plugin
Old 10-13-2005, 04:51 PM   #1293
Fred Tetra
Kotor Tool Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkkender
HHMMM *Begins to think own personal goal may not be worth it if the conditions are really that bad. *
I have a long time friend who works for Electronic Arts; when I saw this article:

http://www.livejournal.com/users/ea_spouse/274.html

I thought of what I saw when I visited him at the office one night (yes, night, around 11:00 pm, with plenty of people working).

I don't know that it is any different at Obsidian Entertainment, but it isn't unheard of in the industry.

Kotor Tool Developer

—Stephen Toub

Old 10-13-2005, 05:32 PM   #1294
General Kenobi
Guardian of The Force

Boy now that sure hits home for EA and gaming developers in general I'd bet.

And we wonder why stuff got left in that wasn't used or things got left out???

90 hrs a week = Total exhaustion

Those dudes & dudettes I feel sorry for. I work in the computer industry as well but in a totally different aspect and I am free of that type of thing. Only because I do work as a Remote Designer in most cases.

That would be a crappy schedule to keep.

General Kenobi

MY SITE: Okinawa Outpost
Gilliam Forums
Ikanaru hito demo sonke suru koto
Yakusoku o yaburanai koto
Hito o on****su shinai koto
Hito ni tai****e omoiyari o motsu koto
General Kenobi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-13-2005, 07:38 PM   #1295
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
I know some people who have been deterred from the gaming industry because of this as well, but most companies (the ones they're working for now anyways), aren't quite so bad, especially now that the thing with EA was in the media for a while.

Old 10-14-2005, 11:15 PM   #1296
Fred Tetra
Kotor Tool Guy

Here's some more screenshots from the new sound (UTS) editor in Kotor Tool:

Note the new buttons below Add and Remove? YES! Sound playback has been solved in Kotor Tool. I finally took the time to analyze the sound files and now I can play them. It even shows you the current running time and total length.

Here's a shot of the new Sound Selector the editor uses. Much better that a standard File Open dialog box, don't you think? you can even filter the sounds by name and type.

Also, there's a new link to a page on the Kotor Tool site that shows what the next version will contain here

Kotor Tool Developer

—Stephen Toub

Last edited by Fred Tetra; 10-15-2005 at 12:03 AM.
Old 10-15-2005, 11:53 AM   #1297
General Kenobi
Guardian of The Force

Fred the sound implementation is WONDERFUL I made a module and had no sound ...lol

All kidding aside though Fred I read through your new page over at the link local on your site and MAN do you have some great includes coming up

Good ole' KOTORtool is morphing and growing into a full on game editing program rivaling the ones that ship from manufacturers with games on occasion! The features your planning on adding are simply wonderful Fred and let me say from all of us: "We appreciate you soooo much for all of your hard development work!"

I already see the future potential to say "redo" the Onderon Merchant Sector to have plenty of merchants and the like as well as most all of the others in time.

You Rule Fred

General Kenobi

MY SITE: Okinawa Outpost
Gilliam Forums
Ikanaru hito demo sonke suru koto
Yakusoku o yaburanai koto
Hito o on****su shinai koto
Hito ni tai****e omoiyari o motsu koto
General Kenobi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-15-2005, 02:58 PM   #1298
Fred Tetra
Kotor Tool Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi
Fred the sound implementation is WONDERFUL I made a module and had no sound ...lol

All kidding aside though Fred I read through your new page over at the link local on your site and MAN do you have some great includes coming up

Good ole' KOTORtool is morphing and growing into a full on game editing program rivaling the ones that ship from manufacturers with games on occasion! The features your planning on adding are simply wonderful Fred and let me say from all of us: "We appreciate you soooo much for all of your hard development work!"

I already see the future potential to say "redo" the Onderon Merchant Sector to have plenty of merchants and the like as well as most all of the others in time.

You Rule Fred

General Kenobi

I'm hoping the new feature set will inspire plenty of fun-to-play modules and perhaps a few donations!

Kotor Tool Developer

—Stephen Toub

Old 10-16-2005, 09:09 AM   #1299
brwarner
Rookie

I don't know if this is were to post it but i am having a problem with the module editor, I can't seem to drag and drop waypoints or encounters.

As T3-M4 once said:
"BeeBeep BlopBeeBeeBop....Weeeeooo"
Dont you agree?:
brwarner is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-16-2005, 12:39 PM   #1300
Fred Tetra
Kotor Tool Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwarner
I don't know if this is were to post it but i am having a problem with the module editor, I can't seem to drag and drop waypoints or encounters.
Those are both fixed in the next version of Kotor Tool. Read more >>here<<

Kotor Tool Developer

—Stephen Toub

Old 10-18-2005, 11:01 PM   #1301
Simbacca
Rookie

erasing my utc when i go to save them

KotOR Tool has helped me greatly in the past edit many .utc files. i usually edit this files in GFF Editor, but the Inventories, Feats, and Force Powers i usually use KotOR Tool to edit.

however, lately i am having trouble. whenever i open one of the .utc files i am currently working on in KotOR Tool and try to save it, the .utc file becomes ruined. when i go to save it, i get this error message:

"An unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will be shut down immediately.

Value was either too large or too small for a UInt32."

whether i click Continue or Quit, either way the file is ruined. what i mean by ruined is after opening the file again in GFF Editor, after either experience in KotOR Tool, all the nodes and subtrees are replaced with [CResRef] (tag).

why is this always happening now? what is it that i am now doing wrong?

Simbacca is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-19-2005, 10:37 AM   #1302
Fred Tetra
Kotor Tool Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simbacca
KotOR Tool has helped me greatly in the past edit many .utc files. i usually edit this files in GFF Editor, but the Inventories, Feats, and Force Powers i usually use KotOR Tool to edit.

however, lately i am having trouble. whenever i open one of the .utc files i am currently working on in KotOR Tool and try to save it, the .utc file becomes ruined. when i go to save it, i get this error message:

"An unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will be shut down immediately.

Value was either too large or too small for a UInt32."

whether i click Continue or Quit, either way the file is ruined. what i mean by ruined is after opening the file again in GFF Editor, after either experience in KotOR Tool, all the nodes and subtrees are replaced with [CResRef] (tag).

why is this always happening now? what is it that i am now doing wrong?

Without knowing the exact file you're using and the values you're trying to set, I cannot say exactly what is causing the problem. I suspect that there's a value that you're setting to a negative number, which the particular field in the .utc can't hold since it is defined as an unsigned (positve only) integer of 32 bits.

If you're willing to make your changes to the file one at a time, saving after each one until it fails, you can help identify the cause of the problem and I might be able to make some changes to prevent it in future versions of Kotor Tool.

Kotor Tool Developer

—Stephen Toub

Old 10-19-2005, 05:49 PM   #1303
Simbacca
Rookie

Quote:
Without knowing the exact file you're using and the values you're trying to set, I cannot say exactly what is causing the problem. I suspect that there's a value that you're setting to a negative number, which the particular field in the .utc can't hold since it is defined as an unsigned (positve only) integer of 32 bits.

If you're willing to make your changes to the file one at a time, saving after each one until it fails, you can help identify the cause of the problem and I might be able to make some changes to prevent it in future versions of Kotor Tool.
well i may have solved the problem but it does bring up another question.

i test KotOR Tool save with new extracted and then altered .utc files from the game and it worked fine. the .utc file i am working also now worked once i changed the apperance_type field. for this mod, i had two add a couple line to apperance.2da so the apperance_type field on this particular .utc file was set to 510. perhaps since the original KotOR apperance.2da only has 508 lines, maybe KotOR Tool does not like my new character .utc to have an apperance from line 510?

is this correct?

Old 10-19-2005, 06:37 PM   #1304
Fred Tetra
Kotor Tool Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simbacca
well i may have solved the problem but it does bring up another question.

i test KotOR Tool save with new extracted and then altered .utc files from the game and it worked fine. the .utc file i am working also now worked once i changed the apperance_type field. for this mod, i had two add a couple line to apperance.2da so the apperance_type field on this particular .utc file was set to 510. perhaps since the original KotOR apperance.2da only has 508 lines, maybe KotOR Tool does not like my new character .utc to have an apperance from line 510?

is this correct?
If you open a file like this, which has a value out of the range of possible indices in a 2da file, you'd get a warning that this had happened and the particular combobox affected would have a red color to it.

Since you have a new 2da to support the value, you only need to put it in the override folder and check the Use Game's Override folder for 2DA files checkbox in Kotor Tool's options (Tools | Options | Other tab) so that this file is used instead of the one in the game.

I think something else was causing the error, from the description you gave.

Kotor Tool Developer

—Stephen Toub

Old 10-22-2005, 03:02 PM   #1305
Simbacca
Rookie

thanks for making me aware of the Use Game's Override folder for 2DA files checkbox in Kotor Tool's options. just using that as completely solved the problem for me.

Old 10-22-2005, 07:09 PM   #1306
brwarner
Rookie

Map

After the release of 3ds max 8 I was able to get the trial and I have made a max file eith all the parts of the area 262TEL(Atris place) in place except 3 of them(they're in there just not in place).
Heres a link and I was wondering if this could be made into a map file for the Module Editor.
Also is it ok if I left out the peices that were just for deceration, like some walls that arent used you just see them.

Link

Edit: Wait i fixed it and all parts are were they should. Link above is new version.

As T3-M4 once said:
Dont you agree?:

Last edited by brwarner; 10-22-2005 at 09:50 PM.
Old 10-22-2005, 11:37 PM   #1307
Fred Tetra
Kotor Tool Guy

Quote:
After the release of 3ds max 8 I was able to get the trial and I have made a max file eith all the parts of the area 262TEL(Atris place) in place except 3 of them(they're in there just not in place).
Heres a link and I was wondering if this could be made into a map file for the Module Editor.
Also is it ok if I left out the peices that were just for deceration, like some walls that arent used you just see them.

Link

Edit: Wait i fixed it and all parts are were they should. Link above is new version.
Unfortunately, your link doesn't work

Once you get the link fixed and if everything is lined up with great care, I can render it and calibrate it for use in the Module editor.

Kotor Tool Developer

—Stephen Toub

Old 10-23-2005, 10:42 AM   #1308
brwarner
Rookie

I don't understand, It works for me. Im hosting it on geocites but Ill see if I can host it somewhere else. I cant seem to get on any other hosting site besides yahoo. Ive checked my internet security and Norton. If anyone knows why it may not work please tell me.Anyway untill then I shall make more maps because I only have max for 29 more days,

Here I got tripod working, goto http://brwarner0.tripod.com/ and click the link at the bottom. I know the site looks weird but i just got it.

As T3-M4 once said:
Dont you agree?:

Last edited by brwarner; 10-23-2005 at 11:43 AM.
Old 10-23-2005, 01:17 PM   #1309
Fred Tetra
Kotor Tool Guy

Quote:
I don't understand, It works for me. Im hosting it on geocites but Ill see if I can host it somewhere else. I cant seem to get on any other hosting site besides yahoo. Ive checked my internet security and Norton. If anyone knows why it may not work please tell me.Anyway untill then I shall make more maps because I only have max for 29 more days,

Here I got tripod working, goto http://brwarner0.tripod.com/ and click the link at the bottom. I know the site looks weird but i just got it.
I was able to download your Max file and I'll take a look at it tonight.

Kotor Tool Developer

—Stephen Toub

Old 10-23-2005, 05:19 PM   #1310
brwarner
Rookie

If you want I have also made the Endire Spire

As T3-M4 once said:
Dont you agree?:
Old 10-23-2005, 05:58 PM   #1311
Darth InSidious
A handful of dust.

Current Game: KotOR II
Hey, Brwarner, if you're gonna do that, can you do some for 261TEL and 262TEL?

Works-In-Progress
~
Mods Released
~
Quid existis in desertum videre?
Darth InSidious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-23-2005, 06:54 PM   #1312
brwarner
Rookie

I've just made 262TEL if you read a few posts up and sure ill make 261TEL I was going to do that anyway.
Wait problem with 261, not all models accounted for. Only 2 in kotor tool and in .are yet neither contain ground,shuttle.

As T3-M4 once said:
Dont you agree?:

Last edited by brwarner; 10-23-2005 at 07:10 PM.
Old 10-23-2005, 08:18 PM   #1313
Fred Tetra
Kotor Tool Guy

Quote:
I was able to download your Max file and I'll take a look at it tonight.
Unfortunately, it looks like there's no backward compatability with 3DS Max 7, so I won't be able to use your assembled maps.

Kotor Tool Developer

—Stephen Toub

Old 10-23-2005, 08:31 PM   #1314
brwarner
Rookie

What if I save as .3ds or some other extension

EDIT: http://www.freewebs.com/brwarners/3ds.zip
or on main page www.freewebs.com/brwarners

As T3-M4 once said:
Dont you agree?:
Old 10-23-2005, 10:39 PM   #1315
Fred Tetra
Kotor Tool Guy

Quote:
What if I save as .3ds or some other extension

EDIT: http://www.freewebs.com/brwarners/3ds.zip
or on main page www.freewebs.com/brwarners
When I import them, they don't render correctly; parts are missing. I'm not a Max expert, so maybe something's wrong on my end. Sorry!

Kotor Tool Developer

—Stephen Toub

Old 10-24-2005, 07:21 AM   #1316
brwarner
Rookie

maybe you could try downloading max 8 http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet...&siteID=123112

EDIT:The 3DS also doesn't work for me, when i export then reset then import the peices are moved about and missing. Your best bet is to get max 8 as above

As T3-M4 once said:
Dont you agree?:

Last edited by brwarner; 10-24-2005 at 07:45 AM.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:18 AM   #1317
Fred Tetra
Kotor Tool Guy

3DS Max 7 is supplied by my employer, and running side-by-side versions is frowned upon. Thanks for all of your efforts, in any event!

Kotor Tool Developer

—Stephen Toub

Old 10-25-2005, 04:57 PM   #1318
brwarner
Rookie

I don't think my e-mail went through but I have finally found a extension that imports correctly because I tested it. Download here Then click FBX files

The plug in (if it is not already included in max7, it was in max 8) can be found here

As T3-M4 once said:
Dont you agree?:
Old 10-30-2005, 08:44 PM   #1319
Fred Tetra
Kotor Tool Guy

A new version of Kotor Tool will be posted today.

If you're manually downloading, check that the version number is the one below.

v1.0.2129.27079 (2005-10-30 20:17)

Features/updates:
  • Door fields are now editiable in Module Editor
  • Fixed bug in Creature editor that prevented Min1HP field from being read
  • Fixed bug in Creature editor that prevented Interruptable field from being read and set consistently
  • Added code to Creature editor to support IsPC field
  • Fixed bug in module editor that cause Kotor Tool to crash when Properties menu was chosen for a trigger from palette
  • Module Editor no longer gives an error when closed before a module project was opened
  • Module Editor can now show item Tags as well as ResRefs in the palette and on the map surface
  • Trigger editor (UTT) now lets you set the faction via a drop-down menu instead of having to type a number in
  • Trigger editor now has a drop-down menu for Type (Generic/Transition/Trap)
  • Door editor (UTD) now lets you set the faction via a drop-down menu instead of having to type a number in
  • Sun and Fog range controls in Module Properties editor now more compatible with KotOR I
  • 2DA Editor no longer crashes when "Show Strings for Refs" is done on column that contains -1's
  • Added Waypoint (UTW) Editor
  • Added Waypoint editing support to Module Editor
  • Added item position tweaking to Module Editor
  • Encounters can now be repositioned and reshaped in the Module Editor
  • Encounter properties can now be accessed by right-click on one of its nodes
  • Encounter Spawn Points can now be repositioned using the mouse
  • Encounter Spawn Points can now be added and deleted from the map surface
  • Encounter Spawn Points can now have facing (orientation) set
  • Module Entry point can now be repositioned using the mouse
  • Added Quick menu to Text Editor to make finding sections of .GIT GFF files easier
  • Fixed a text padding issue with the GFF file non-RTF text dump
  • Added Sound (UTS) editor
  • Added Sound editing support to Module editor
  • Added Merchant editing support to Module editor
  • Added ability to have "global templates" for the Module Editor. These are files available to all projects
  • Items of a given type are now unhidden when a new item of that type is dragged onto the map surface
  • Added new View menu item, Show Module Entry Point, which zooms the map to the Module Entry Point
  • Updated handling of editing of non-editable reference items to allow user to choose source to create an editable instance from
  • Text editor can now compile scripts
  • UT* Editors can now invoke editing of scripts
  • Scripts for a module are now displayed in the Module editor and can be edited with a double-click
  • Module editor now shows map name, game version, and module output path in window caption
  • Dialogs for a module are now displayed in the Module editor and can be edited with a double-click
  • Added "Extract for Module Editing" button to main window
  • Module extraction now checks to see if a map is supported before starting
  • Module Editor can now produce text dumps of the GIT/ARE/IFO files for a module, and changes to files due to editing are now shown
  • Traps can now be placed on map surface and show their 'sensing' radius

Kotor Tool Developer

—Stephen Toub

Old 11-01-2005, 03:16 PM   #1320
Fred Tetra
Kotor Tool Guy

A new version of Kotor Tool will be posted today.

If you're manually downloading, check that the version number is the one below.

v1.0.2129.27079 (2005-11-01 12:00)

Just a minor update to the installer program to warn those users who put files in the Kotor Tool program directory that the entire directory's contents will be deleted during an Uninstall. (shame on them [ and they know who they are! ] - don't they know you're supposed to keep your apps and data separate?)

Kotor Tool Developer

—Stephen Toub

Last edited by Fred Tetra; 11-01-2005 at 03:32 PM.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > T3-M4's Astromech Droid Center > KotOR Tool > Kotor Tool - v1.0.2210.16738 (2006-1-19 12:38)

Tags
kotor modding tool, kotor tool