lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Saber Modding... Question
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-21-2004, 04:00 PM   #1
Darth Stryke

Saber Modding... Question

I am working on reskinning some sabers to have more variety in the game, but I do not know where to find the saber texture/model files. I have the NWN explorer and the mod tools I found on this forum, but what pack/file are these files located in? I hope that made sense.

"Never argue with a fool, for he could be doing the same."
Darth Stryke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-21-2004, 06:15 PM   #2
darthface
Rookie

The blade and hilt textures are in the 3 erf texturepacks, there's 3 because of the 3 graphics detail settings. You can extract from ERFs using a freely available NWN tool, and convert the files from there with tpc2tga. Its all available here on the forums.

To save effort you can just download my mod from the "saber color mod" topic and edit those to your liking.

Editing the hilt's 3D models is something as yet beyond us.
darthface is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-21-2004, 06:48 PM   #3
Darth Stryke

cool

Thanks for your help. Actually, I had already downloaded that blade color mod, which is what got me started on this. I want to reskin the saber hilts (if I can) so they dont all look the same and my character can have a unique hilt, at least until we learn how to add models to the game to do it. I have already started to reskin my hilt, but now I have to figure out how to make it its own saber so my character is the only one with that saber hilt skin. Any help on that would be great.

Old 01-22-2004, 12:10 AM   #4
Shimaon

Er, could ya point me out to what the filename of the hilt textures are?

Thanks
Alex

EDIT: I'm a thundering moron, heh, nm, I found them
Shimaon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-22-2004, 12:35 AM   #5
Darth Stryke

hmm

I found the texture files for the double saber, short saber, and regular lightsaber. Anyone know what the file name is for Malak's saber? I thought it used the short saber model, but after seeing it again I am not so sure.

Old 01-22-2004, 12:36 AM   #6
darthface
Rookie

When I tried editing the hilt textures, the regular one handed saber worked but the double bladed and short saber textures wouldn't change for some reason.
darthface is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-22-2004, 12:48 AM   #7
Shimaon

alrighty, I'm a modding newb, so could one of ya help me?

I extracted the textures from the erf and they had no filename extension. I tried adding on .tga, but it didn't work, how do I get these files into working TGAs?

GK
Shimaon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-22-2004, 04:07 AM   #8
Kitty Kitty

Use the tpc2tga converter posted elsewhere in these forums.

Don't bother adding an extention, just use a command line conversion of "tpc2tga.exe <INPUT_File> <Output_File.TGA>"

So like if your input file was PFBG04 (one of the female armor skins), you'd want to make your outfile PFBG04.tga to keep it straight. (Unless you actually go through the trouble of adding a completely new and unique skin that doesn't replace any that already exist.. but that's a lot more "advanced" than just replacing something.

-Kitty

Kitty Kitty is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Saber Modding... Question