lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Cantina 6: PTH Part IV, Dark Surprises
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-06-2004, 04:27 PM   #241
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

Hot Topic Starter 10 year veteran! LF Jester Contest winner - LucasCast 
RH Irvine "Gorlick is Orthos' problem, consult him about that one. As for the young one, consult Luke Skywalker if that could be done."

Kuuki is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-06-2004, 04:36 PM   #242
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
Svafa: He was trained by Masters, not by a Jedi who still has a lot to learn. I will say this much you will have to prove that he has some value other then you trying out your mentoring skills if you expect us to cart him around.

"Dulce bellum inexpertis."

Official Forum Expert on Norse Mythology
As Odin says in the Hovamal:
"Praise no day 'til evening; no wife 'til on her pyre; no sword 'til tested;
no maid 'til bedded; no ice 'til crossed;
no ale 'til drunk."
Admiral is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-06-2004, 06:15 PM   #243
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

RH Irvine *smirking* "Fair enough, but I'm still going to take the responcibility."

"Have you been in contact with Idun lately? I'd understand her reasons for her unwillingness to land on the surface. I was wondering if it would be possible if she could scan from orbit to figure out who else is attacking the city, besides Heimdall and our two shape shifters."

Old 04-06-2004, 08:17 PM   #244
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
*Hal walks up to Ivrine and Svafa.*

Hal: Ivrine, you will NOT train him. He is too old and I sense that he is already too coloured by a harsh life. Consider this, Obi-Wan did what you now intend to do, the results were catastrophic.

What will you do if he falls to the dark side? I expect I will have to kill him, then Svafa here will probably kill you.

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
BattleDog is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-06-2004, 08:36 PM   #245
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

RH Irvine *Speaking softly not to let matt hear* "You say it like that hasn't crossed my mind when I stated, I will take full responsibility... Even if I seak counciling once in a while for training, I'll still take it. And if I do fail, I'll preform the deed myself and put down my saber for good. I'd rather attempt such, giving him a chance to live and help recitify this situation we have in the universe, then for him to die a needless and fearful death."

Old 04-06-2004, 09:53 PM   #246
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Matt: Hey! I'm a quick learner.

Vader's wife was very pregnant when she died 19 years ago. All of a sudden a 19 year old who is very strong in the force and has a distinct resembalance to him in his younger days rolls in from Vader's home planet with his old Master Obi-Wan (Who was the ONLY other person preset at the time his wife died. And to boot, the kid's last name is Skywalker.

So in answer to your question, he knew Luke was his son because his name is Darth Vader, and not Darth Retard.

-Forum post on why Vader knew Luke was his son.
jokemaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-06-2004, 11:03 PM   #247
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
*Svafa looks Matt up and down*

Svafa to Matt: A quick learner you say? Perhaps, but that doesn't really matter. You and your would be master will have to prove your worth to us before we even think about taking you off this planet. That goes for that one as well *pointing to Gortick*. To avoid any confusion, the us I refer to only includes the Aesir, and our decision will be final.

*speaking to the rest of the group*: As you may now know, Idun will provide no assistance to us. Our primary objective at the moment is to capture Heimdall, Marin and Aidan. If capturing is not possible we kill them. The second objective, assuming capture is to find a way to cure them if no cure can be found in a reasonable amount of time we kill them. Third, and final extraction.

Regardless if we have cured or killed them, extraction will happen like this. I will contact Idun and request that she examine us, at some point come to the surface in a fighter. Now this is important, she decides whether or not we are who we say we are, and are not infect like Heimdall and the children are. If we pass then we decide on those two, assuming they survive. If we fail, the planet is destroyed, the Asgardreid returns home and a new group will try and salvage the quest.

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 04-07-2004, 01:19 AM   #248
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

RH Irvine "Cured of!? Hmm just as I thought." *eyes narrow* "Svafa, what happened in the mines."

Old 04-07-2004, 01:30 AM   #249
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
Svafa: Well if you didn't run off then perhaps you would know, but even I don't know exactly what happened. What I do know is that part of my original brother remains in that body and is fighting what ever has taken control. From what I sensed it is can be compared to a disease and there could be a chance to cure them, otherwise they die.

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 04-07-2004, 07:10 AM   #250
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

10 year veteran! LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Misae: Go ahead, let him train the boy. It isn't as if Irvine is a true Jedi anyway. What harm could he accomplish?

Guy: It is possible the children and Heimdall touched, triggered, or ingested something that infected them, possibly even put there by the makers of this quest. They did lag behind at one point. Whatever it is, it is magical, and altering their minds. This means there is a chance to cure them, even if it means wiping every neuron of their minds to eliminate the magic. In any case, it would be best to avoid killing them. We don't know what effect that would have on our quest on whatever mechanisms, magic or otherwise, that are running this quest. Also, we hold the only map, and the deserted trio holds the only key. If we are all destroyed, and especially if you have this planet destroyed, there won't be any way for another group to complete the quest.

----------

Town

*Marin and Aidan fly over the housing districts, which are variously burning, smoldering, and melted. Dense clouds of smoke cloud their vision*

Marin: <Someone's been trashing our playground.>

Aidan: *Hissing* I hear something.

*Buzzing metallic silver objects zip out of the nearest cloud of smoke. The objects are spherical in shape, with sets of insectlike pincers protruding from their fronts and sides*

Aidan: *Drawing a sharp intake of breath* Drones!

*He swoops out of the path of the objects. They turn and fire a stream of bright red beams at him. He dodges, and sends a stream of lightning in retaliation. The objects caught in the stream shatter and nosedive*

Marin: <What are those things?>

Aidan: Scree drones. Bombing droids, controlled by remote. Someone else is here, someone from our dimension...

Redwing is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2004, 03:17 PM   #251
Deac
Now in 4-D!

Hot Topic Starter Roleplayer 
[Right...well, forget it]

Orthos: It's caved in!

Gortick: What do we do now?

Deac: Purveyor of Fine Quality Postage Since 2001
Deac is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2004, 06:45 PM   #252
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
Svafa: All of that doesn't matter if we decide he won't be coming along. *turning to Guy* Guy, sorry to tell you but what you said either right or wrong doesn't matter as well. If we fail in curing or eliminating them this world will be destroyed regarless of what impact it will have on the quest. We have three options available to us. Cure them, kill them or we all die it is just that simple.

So I suggest we stop standing around talking and resume hunting the trio. At least that is what I'm going to do, the rest of you can either help me or do what ever. You have a minute to decide.

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 04-07-2004, 06:55 PM   #253
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

RH Irvine "I'm continueing on."

WH Irvine "Definately! Hell if I'm envolved, might as well."

RH Irvine "By the way, if not noticed our armour has been removed by a spell that Heimdall embuned on our armour. I already know what you'll say for the reason behind it, like: 'Why would we give free armour then for you to keep it if you betray us...' Quite ingenious that you can manipulate objects like that." *smiles* "I might have to study up on magic on my free time."

Old 04-07-2004, 07:02 PM   #254
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
Svafa: Your lucky he didn't let the armor kill you. Somehow I don't think you will be able to learn our spells.

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 04-07-2004, 08:20 PM   #255
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

Raschel: This is...Ugh, never mind. I'll do whatever you all decide. What other choice is there?

Guy: It seems the 'trio' don't intend to kill us at this point. This gives us a slight advantage for the time being. But who knows how long that will last?

*Guy taps buttons on a device on his arm* I'm summoning my ship. I'm keying it to my current bio-magical signature, so it can't be controlled by anyone but me. In the event that I become infected as our three deserted members are, my signature will change and the ship will revert to autopilot, and none of us will be able to control it. We can use my ship to find the trio as it can track them much better than my portable equipment can.

----------

Town

*Aidan dispatches the remaining droids with lightning*

Marin: <From our dimension? How interesting.>

Aidan: Interesting, maybe. Where is Heimdall? I hear a riot not so far off.

Old 04-07-2004, 08:32 PM   #256
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
Svafa: Sorry, you do that we die. Idun will assume you are trying to get off the planet, and are infected. Put your ship back.

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 04-07-2004, 08:38 PM   #257
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

((Admiral:

"Admiral Odin: hello
Redwing - Aether Veneficus: Hey
Redwing - Aether Veneficus: Ugh. The online messenger I'm using to connect to MSN is horrid - it only displays a person as online if you already talking to them, it seems
Redwing - Aether Veneficus: *you are
Redwing - Aether Veneficus: Uh, still around?
Redwing - Aether Veneficus: if you're actually getting my messages, just replied to PtH.
Admiral Odin: are you there?"

Ugh. I hate Lycos.

Will post again with actual reply.))

Old 04-07-2004, 08:57 PM   #258
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

Guy: Unfortunately, Idun does not have the appropriate equipment or knowledge to judge that. I do. I am the only one here who does, unless you aren't telling everything. Also, if I became infected and intended to escape she has no way of preventing me from doing so. I would simply summon my ship here through warp space or open a portal into it on the Asgardried, speak a word, and be gone into warp space before she could do anything. Now I need my ship. If as you said, Idun has some way of determining whether any of us are infected, I suggest that you ask her to use it now.

Misae: You know what? I think you are trying to trick us, Guy. I have felt nothing from your mind whatsoever the entire time you have been here. Maybe you've been "infected" as you call it, all along, and you're only now passing it along to us? Marin didn't really try to harm you when you tried to shoot Aidan, for one thing. She only knocked you over and flew off. Heimdall on the other hand beat his own sister to near-unconsciousness. For the second time, I might add!

Old 04-07-2004, 09:14 PM   #259
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
Svafa: First, you have no idea what knowledge we have. Second you are now attempting to escape, which means you are infected and this world will now be destroyed and the quest ends in failure. If you want to avoid that you return or shut down your ship to the Asgardreid.

*To punctuate Svafa statement, a sonic boom erupts as a torpedo enters the atmosphere. It looks like a shining star streaking across the sky.

Svafa comlink beeps, she turns the volume up*

Idun: You have 10 minutes to stop what your doing, or the world will be destroyed. Sorry.

Svafa: The decision is yours Guy. Kill us all, or trust that Idun can tell if we cure them. Of course you could always leave like a coward and let the rest of us die.

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 04-07-2004, 09:36 PM   #260
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

Guy: Idun, I cannot deactivate my ship. It is a living organism. Idun if you follow through attempting to destroy this planet, I will be forced to summon my ship here, use its shielding to protect us, and leave this planet. Svafa can stay behind if she wants. I will try to reach and capture the trio, or at least the key before you destroy the planet, an effort that will most likely fail. Rescind your threat, and I'll leave my ship where it is. You'll have to take me on my word that I will not leave otherwise, that my ship will not obey me if I become infected, and that I am not already infected. Please decide now, as I will need the remaining nine minutes.

Old 04-07-2004, 09:45 PM   #261
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
Idun: You can cancel your summons, and the threat will remain. If you do leave your ship in the hold the deadline will increase to ten days. At the end of those ten days you will have to prove that they are either dead, or cured. That deadline can be extend further, at a latter date. By the way, I'll vaporize Heimdall before I allow you to reach him.

---------------------------

somewhere in the plains

*Heimdall is walking alone looking around, sounds of blaster fire come from behind him. He sits on the ground to plot out his next move*

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 04-07-2004, 09:54 PM   #262
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

Guy: Very well. Let's move, then.

*He starts off, scanner out again*

----------

*Marin and Aidan fly towards Heimdall and land.*

Marin: <We have other visitors, Heimdall. From our dimension. If Aidan is right, this may be our chance to get the transportation we need.>

Aidan: And the firepower...

Old 04-07-2004, 09:59 PM   #263
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Matt: We don't need a ship to get to them. If it's a living organism as you say, order it to turn back! Don't get us all killed.

Vader's wife was very pregnant when she died 19 years ago. All of a sudden a 19 year old who is very strong in the force and has a distinct resembalance to him in his younger days rolls in from Vader's home planet with his old Master Obi-Wan (Who was the ONLY other person preset at the time his wife died. And to boot, the kid's last name is Skywalker.

So in answer to your question, he knew Luke was his son because his name is Darth Vader, and not Darth Retard.

Old 04-07-2004, 10:02 PM   #264
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
Idun: Svafa, I'm picking up some strange readings from the planet, reading the ship says are identical to the sword Heimdall was carrying. You may want to check that out, it is in a field east of you *in the background Gerd askes Idun who she was talking to*

Svafa: Thank you.

*Svafa lowers the volume of her comlink, and waits for the other's decision*
-----------------------

plains

Heimdall: We have another problem, that sonic boom that happened a little while ago was the Asgardreid preparing to destroy this world. We may not have that much time.

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 04-07-2004, 10:09 PM   #265
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

Guy: I already have, Matt... Don't worry. I promise you no harm will come to you or your people, if I can help it.

------------

Aidan: What? I should have guessed...well, we'll just have to go to the source and stop it. We'll turn Idun, or kill her. Marin, your portal?

Marin: <No, Aidan, I, uh, don't think that's the best plan. We need to get to Guy. If we turn him, he will help us. If we find the intruders first...we shouldn't try to turn them, as they may not want to help us. We will have to fight them for what we need. In any case, let me change to a more appropriate form...>

*She demorphs from the giant bird and begins morphing again*

Old 04-07-2004, 10:22 PM   #266
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
((Yall post too fast for me))
Matt: Thanks. So, from here to find Heimdall or whatever his name is?

Old 04-08-2004, 02:34 PM   #267
Deac
Now in 4-D!

Orthos: Are we going to have to kill them?

[Question: The group Elella was with- where are they now?]

Old 04-08-2004, 03:10 PM   #268
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

((they shoudl be together now))

RH Irvine "We'll do what we have to do, if it comes to it that we have no choice, we'll have to do it, despite the possibility."

Old 04-08-2004, 04:24 PM   #269
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
((Deac: Scar is right, everyone but the trio is in the same spot))

Svafa: That is a very likely possibilty. We try to capture them first.

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 04-08-2004, 04:42 PM   #270
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
*Matt looked around and saw a corpse with a blaster in its holster. He walked over to it, and picked it up*
Matt: Anyone mind if I carry this?

Old 04-10-2004, 06:07 AM   #271
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

Guy: We need to fight them separately, strike quickly. Divide and conquer. Marin can change her shape at will. She needs to be the first priority, since she is best equipped to disappear. I can deal with her. Hal and Misae, as Jedi you're best suited to deal with Aidan. As for Heimdall... *He looks at Svafa*

Old 04-12-2004, 01:48 AM   #272
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
Svafa: He is extremely deadly, and I'm probably the only one really safe from him. He won't kill me at least not until the Irvines are dead, and probably the rest of you.

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 04-12-2004, 02:13 AM   #273
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

WH Irvine *At Matt* "Of course not, it is your town."

RH Irvine "Then I'll ackompany you Svafa, if he so wants to badly, I doubt being somewhere's else would be in the best interests. Orthos, I ask if you can come with, although its your choice."

WH Irvine "I'll go with Guy, and I'll take Matt with too. Maybe Elella and can come too?"

Last edited by Kuuki; 04-12-2004 at 12:53 PM.
Old 04-12-2004, 02:24 AM   #274
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
Svafa: Why do you want Orthos to come?

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 04-12-2004, 02:29 AM   #275
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

RH Irvine *Looks right at Svafa* "I'm not sure, but I sense we might need him."

Old 04-12-2004, 12:49 PM   #276
Deac
Now in 4-D!

Orthos: We're all going?

Elella: Sure thing. We have to help them

*Gortick looks around*

Gortick: Me? Oh...well I'm sure I'll meet your friends. I bet they're great...when they're not evil, of course....

Old 04-13-2004, 04:48 AM   #277
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

Guy: *to Orthos* We have to all go. Not all of us are a match for our three former allies, but there aren't any safe havens around here. Each of us may be targets and there's safety in numbers. *to WH Irvine* No, Matt can't come with me as I'm going after a shapeshifter that I have no special way of protecting him from. *to Matt* You're not one of us, so you may not be a target - you alone have the option to leave. If you want to, you should do so now. If not, then you should go with the Jedi.

Misae: How are we going to split up the trio, anyway?

Guy: Heimdall should be easy enough. Svafa can draw him away. As for the other two, we may not need to split them up. We can attack them in concert, or attack whoever we find first. We need to do all we can to draw them apart, and if we succeed, we break up according to how we've planned.

Misae: Who's going with you? And why are we - *motions to herself and Hal* - going after Aidan?

Guy: Raschel can come with me, because she's wearing armor and has a powerful weapon. As for Aidan - you and Hal are Jedi Force users, and Aidan is a gargoyle that uses a form of lightning as a weapon. As I've seen, Jedi are hard to hit, and your lightsabers can block energy attacks, including lightning. Any other questions?

Old 04-13-2004, 08:58 AM   #278
Deac
Now in 4-D!

Orthos: Who do we go for?

Old 04-13-2004, 07:14 PM   #279
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
Svafa: Up to you. If any of you decide to join me, keep in mind that I am no babysitter, and I'll be in charge.

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 04-15-2004, 07:36 PM   #280
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
Hal: Svafa, you are going to have to learn to trust us. As to which one we go for first, divide and conquer works both ways. We have the disadvantage because we want them alive. We can iliminate that disadvantage, but I don't think any of us is quite ready to yet.

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
BattleDog is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > RogueSquadron.net > 1. Community > RSRP > Cantina 6: PTH Part IV, Dark Surprises