lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: revans animaions?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-27-2004, 12:27 PM   #1
Def_101
Lurker

revans animaions?

is it possible to change the standard flourish weapon and melee stance to that of revans ...the one hes does in the "revans death" movie ....

i think it might be possible as malak has his own flourish and stance animations
Def_101 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-27-2004, 01:30 PM   #2
darthface
Rookie

That was just for the movie and isn't in the game.
darthface is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-27-2004, 04:25 PM   #3
Lil' Jawa
Rookie

if used in a cutscene(as in actual game model), yes. If in FMV, probably no unfortunately.
And I thought I was the only one impressed with that flourish

Fer all your KOTOR modding needs:
http://www.sith-res.tk

..Press any key to continue..
Lil' Jawa is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-27-2004, 06:14 PM   #4
Darth Stryke

As far as I know, that cutscene was rendered using the game models, and was not CGI so it **should** be possible. And I loved those animations as well, so first person who makes it so the player can use them gets a cookie! If you do both Malak's and Revan's for the player, ill give 2 cookies!

"Never argue with a fool, for he could be doing the same."
Darth Stryke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-28-2004, 02:39 AM   #5
Psycho Monkey
Rookie

Location: California.. uh, I mean just outside the outer rim.
Why don't I just kill you and take those cookies!
*Dark points gained*

-PSYCHO MONKEY!
Psycho Monkey is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-28-2004, 06:10 AM   #6
darth makaan
Rookie

CAn some use Malak's draw saber animations?

Who made you Judge Judy and executioner?
darth makaan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-28-2004, 01:33 PM   #7
Darth Stryke

I may have spoken too soon. Those cutscenes might have been CGI now that I have seen them again. The game graphics just match them so well (on my computer at least), but I am still pretty sure they would have animations for them. Although, someone might have to write the animations for those aprticular moves if they aren't already there.

"Never argue with a fool, for he could be doing the same."
Darth Stryke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-28-2004, 09:30 PM   #8
ruptorus

Well, I don't possibly know if there would be any animations for Revan when he was twirling his lightsaber on his ship before Malak attacked, but I am absolutely certain that you could reprogram the player character's animations with Malak's animations.

That would be seriously kick ass...
ruptorus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-29-2004, 12:44 AM   #9
darth makaan
Rookie

Yeah that'd be so sweet

Who made you Judge Judy and executioner?
darth makaan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-18-2004, 02:11 PM   #10
Def_101
Lurker

So has anyone attempted this yet ? if not could someone point me in the right direction on how i might go about doing it my-self ?
thx

your friendly nahbourhood gamer
Def_101 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-18-2004, 04:17 PM   #11
MrCyborg
Rookie

Both suggestions (making and/or finding Revans cutscene flourish animation and giving the revan model Malaks animations) have problems that can't really be sorted out until we have a better understanding of the model file formats used. As far as I can tell (and thinking of how NWN works) most (human) models in the game use the same Skeleton and set of animations - however some unique characters have different animations and may thus have different skeletons. The Revan model seems to use the standard set while malaks uses a custom set. If Malak as a different skeletons (and I suspect he does) then it wouldnt be easy or even possible with our current knowledge to port his animations to the Revan model. If he doesnt have a different skeleton then it would in theory be possible to do this. Has for Revans cutscene flourish animation: As other people have said the movies were probably done outside the game engine but using the in game art work - to maintain Consistency - thus the animations seen in them are not necessarily implemented in the game.

Until we know more about the model formats then all of this is not going to happen - however when we do it would be easy enough to do custom animations for Revan - even as far as to re- create the fourish animation discussed here.
MrCyborg is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > revans animaions?