lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: need Bandon Armor mod made, please
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-30-2004, 12:24 AM   #1
Muskrat
Rookie

need Bandon Armor mod made, please

I'd like a mod the makes Bandon's armor into a robe (so it' can be used with armor restriced powers, I don't want to use the modified spells.2da), and that also changes how it looks. Instead of looking like fiber armor, I want it to look like a robe. If it could be made to look like what Bandon actually wears, thats'd be awsome, but I'd settle for it looking like a Dark Jedi Master Robe.

looks like this:
Muskrat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-30-2004, 12:40 AM   #2
eidospsogos
Veteran

Bandon wears armor. he doesn't wear a robe. the only thing that resembles a robe on his in-game model is his pants. i agree that his armor looks much better on him. but as for turning into robes that would be tough as no robe in the game comes close to resmbling his armor's appearance on him.

now it could be possible to change an armor, his would be the best choice, to associate with the bandon player model in appearances.2da. you just need to look up the reference for his appearance and paste it into the appearance slot for his amor, and presto chango, you should then look like bandon when you put it on. this however, may change your head as well, i am unsure.

the idea interests me though, so i may play around with it.
eidospsogos is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-30-2004, 12:51 AM   #3
Muskrat
Rookie

i know for a fact that you can change the armor to act as if it is a robe. this is a how to in one of the posts, but I don't have and editor for KotOR (and I can't download the .NET framework onto this system because it isn't mine) so the one here i can't use. I'm not asking for the armor to look like a robe, but to act like 1. I want it to look like what Bandon wears (look like what he has on in that pic)
Old 01-30-2004, 01:07 AM   #4
Darth Stryke

I know what post you are referring to, because I asked this very question. It is possible, but I have yet to actually accomplish it due to lack of time. If I get it done, I will post it here for download.

"Never argue with a fool, for he could be doing the same."
Darth Stryke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-30-2004, 01:24 AM   #5
eidospsogos
Veteran

it's alot easier to edit the armor penalty though. though i would like bandon's armor with a player charcater's head.
Old 01-30-2004, 01:47 AM   #6
Darth Stryke

Alright. I am working on making Darth Bandon's armor appear as Bandon's clothing, with the player head. I may or may not bother with the force power thing, since there are other mods that do the same already. Wish me luck.

Old 01-30-2004, 02:15 AM   #7
eidospsogos
Veteran

oh i definitely wish you luck my friend. you get this accomplished and you are my hero.
Old 01-30-2004, 02:26 AM   #8
Muskrat
Rookie

same here. good luck. The force power thing would be sweet, because I don't want to hack the game too much...
Old 01-30-2004, 02:46 AM   #9
gameunlimited

Veteran Modder 
not sure if this is what you want, but here's what i did. all jedi robes will look like bandon's robe. simply equip any jedi robes. you will still be able to cast force restricted powers.

this affects only male PC characters though.

http://alvin777t.tripod.com/mods/bandon.zip
(must copy and paste this into the address bar manually, otherwise the link wont work)

SW: KotOR Modding Enclave
http://alvin777t.tripod.com/
gameunlimited is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-30-2004, 02:57 AM   #10
Darth Stryke

Heh, you beat me to it. Well, I think this is what they are looking for (and me) so I will try it out.

Old 01-30-2004, 03:36 AM   #11
Stator
Rookie

Excellent work gameunlimited. This is what I am talking about. Now my dark jedi guardian is looking like someone not to mess around with.....hehehe

Stator
Stator is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-30-2004, 06:34 AM   #12
Supreme-Lord
Rookie

Cant get it from that page. Can someone post it to working link.
Supreme-Lord is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-30-2004, 11:00 AM   #13
Stator
Rookie

If you are using windows, just right click on the link and choose save target as. Then the save dialog box will come up. That's what I always do and it always works for me.

Stator
Old 01-30-2004, 06:49 PM   #14
Muskrat
Rookie

what lines did you edit in the appearences.2da to do that?
Old 01-30-2004, 08:17 PM   #15
Darth Stryke

You have to change a lot in the appearance.2da to make it work for EVERY player character race/class. Kitty told me how to do it in a thread, and I will just link you to that since it is kinda hard to explain.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...hreadid=122003

Just scroll down in that thread and look for the long post.

Old 01-31-2004, 02:00 AM   #16
Muskrat
Rookie

ok, so I made bandons armor into a robe, the problem is it looks like a Jedi Master Robe. How do i change it to look like a dark jedi master robe (i.e change the color to black)
Old 02-02-2004, 04:35 PM   #17
deadevil
Lurker

i try this mod and it s really great but why not just replace Bandon Armor instead of replace all jedi robes.
deadevil is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-02-2004, 04:57 PM   #18
Drakron
Rookie

Its possible but a pain because we need to make new Model and Tex fields and then link the item to use that field.
Drakron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-02-2004, 06:52 PM   #19
Bizz_
Rookie

I love it. The mod is exactly what i wanted. He is wearing the coolest robe. But i would like to know if it also would be possible to transform some mask into malaks mask and add it to this mod.
Bizz_ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-02-2004, 06:54 PM   #20
gameunlimited

Veteran Modder 
malak has mask? ive never seen one, but if by that you mean is the malak's face, yes it is doable.

Old 02-02-2004, 07:20 PM   #21
deadevil
Lurker

Ok but is it possible to replace Dark revan's robe with the one you ve made for Bandon?

The revan's one has good proprieties but Bandon's one has more style
Old 02-02-2004, 07:44 PM   #22
Bizz_
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by gameunlimited
malak has mask? ive never seen one, but if by that you mean is the malak's face, yes it is doable.
well i mean the metalthing which is where his mouth once was.
would be very cool.
Old 02-02-2004, 10:49 PM   #23
Drakron
Rookie

The "metal thing" is part of his head mesh and so it not possible to even try until we can create meshes recognized by the game.
Drakron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-03-2004, 04:01 PM   #24
Bizz_
Rookie

Okay, i expected that.
Old 02-03-2004, 09:30 PM   #25
Bizz_
Rookie

But is there a tutorial or something that explains how to manage this appeareance stuff. 'Cause i dont want the jedi robes to change into bendons robe i want revan robe to change into it.
Old 02-03-2004, 10:14 PM   #26
Muskrat
Rookie

go to the place where you can download carnival, arena, etc.. (i'm lazy or i'd post the url) and he has a modding tutorial there
Old 02-03-2004, 10:16 PM   #27
deadevil
Lurker

yes just like me but it seems it s not possible or no one want to help us :'(
Old 02-03-2004, 10:22 PM   #28
Stator
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Muskrat
go to the place where you can download carnival, arena, etc.. (i'm lazy or i'd post the url) and he has a modding tutorial there
The author of those mods is Talchia. A link to his site can be found in the Lists of downloads - Tools and mods thread which is stickied at the top of the thread listings.

Stator
Old 02-03-2004, 10:30 PM   #29
deadevil
Lurker

thanks but tutarials are about change apparence of the characters, not replace an armor with an other one.
Old 02-03-2004, 10:50 PM   #30
eidospsogos
Veteran

it's simple. you open appearances.2da with kotor tool. you lok up the name of the apperance you want such as N_DarthBand is the name for Darth Bandon's model. then you look up the name of the item you are wanting to replace. in the list for model a or model b will be a description such pmbe. this directly links to skin files. so find a skin that corresponds to the model you are wanting to replace with Bandon's model. PMBE06 i think is exarkun's armor. so that means that PMBE is the model fro armor class 6. so if you wanted to replace armor class 6 with bandon's models, then you would enter N_DarthBand at every entry for PMBE.

so find the skin for revan's robes, then find a corresponding entry in appearances.2da and replace it with bandon's model entry. the reason it will replace all armors of that class, is because appearances.2da gives a generic model for the entire class. and the specific item entry tells the game which skin to load. so, since you are replacing a model, you will be replacing every armor in that class, as it is with one model, and several skins.
Old 02-03-2004, 11:35 PM   #31
deadevil
Lurker

thanks for your help

You said that "it will replace all armors of that class" but Revan's robe has a special entry so it would just replace it and no other robes or armors?!
Old 02-03-2004, 11:43 PM   #32
Shimaon

Quote:
Originally posted by gameunlimited
not sure if this is what you want, but here's what i did. all jedi robes will look like bandon's robe. simply equip any jedi robes. you will still be able to cast force restricted powers.

this affects only male PC characters though.

http://alvin777t.tripod.com/mods/bandon.zip
(must copy and paste this into the address bar manually, otherwise the link wont work)
Do you think you could add on to that to make another one that, when equipping jedi robes, turns it into Bandon's armor, but when equipping Dark Jedi Robes of any kind it would turn it into the young jedi Malak's robes?
I believe he is referred to in appearence.2da as "unique_jedi_malek"

EDIT: just read eidos's post, so I see its not possible

EDIT 2: Alrighty... I just tried just changing caucasians to to Jedi Malak, but Malak's head was there, and was textured like the robe and clipped through my characters head. How did you prevent this with Bandon?

Last edited by Shimaon; 02-04-2004 at 12:05 AM.
Shimaon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-04-2004, 01:27 AM   #33
eidospsogos
Veteran

i think bandon's model used an already existent head model. it did not have a unique head model associated with the model as from what you stated would be the case with the malak model. check and see, but if malak's model references do not have a separate head reference i would guess that is the problem.
Old 02-04-2004, 01:42 AM   #34
Shimaon

Quote:
Originally posted by eidospsogos
i think bandon's model used an already existent head model. it did not have a unique head model associated with the model as from what you stated would be the case with the malak model. check and see, but if malak's model references do not have a separate head reference i would guess that is the problem.
Yeah, but I checked and Bandon's didn't have a head either...

The mystery builds...
Shimaon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-04-2004, 03:31 PM   #35
Muskrat
Rookie

if you just replace the model with that of bandons, the head will change. Bandon's head is part of the whole model, ti isn't separate like most. (same with Malak)
Old 02-06-2004, 09:58 AM   #36
Ellderon

So...untill we figure this out there is no way to make a bandon armour without his head...bummer...

If anyone of you get's it right, let me know...
I want to make a "lightside" version of the same armour
(white textures)

- Vision of Escaflowne Worshipper!
- J.R.R. Tolkien Worshipper!
- pasionate modder and modeler!
- gattling fanataic

Games modded so far > 30
Ellderon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-06-2004, 10:12 AM   #37
gameunlimited

Veteran Modder 
are we talking about bandon's robe (the one that we can't actually get) or bandon's fiber armor?

either way, i think both model does not include the head model. bandon's head model is #14, the robe's model and texture have the same name: "N_DarthBand".

Old 02-06-2004, 11:12 AM   #38
Ellderon

I mean the black one...the Bandon model one...too bad it comes with his head...

Imagine a white armour/robe (or whatever that mix is) like that...

sweet

- gattling fanataic

Games modded so far > 30
Old 02-06-2004, 06:04 PM   #39
eidospsogos
Veteran

bandon's armor does not come with his head. the mod above that allows your character to wear bandon's armor as it looks on him, does not replace your characters head with bandon's. so NO, bandon's armor model does not include his head. anyone who had downloaded the above mod and tried it, would know your character's head remains the same, when N_Darthband is used as a reference for the armor it is replacing. so i have no idea what you people are talking about. try the mod out, and then tell me how bandon's head model could not possibly be separate, considering it's your head in his armor.
Old 02-06-2004, 06:24 PM   #40
Ellderon

So it can be done?

Wheeeee!

Now, if comeone could make a copy of it, rename it, and make white textures (with golden trims) for it, I would die as a happy man.

Darn...I've been trying to download the NetFramework, but I'm having some trouble with it...on my connection it will take bloody hours....
And without it KOTOR Tool doesn't work...arrrrgh!!!!

- gattling fanataic

Games modded so far > 30
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > need Bandon Armor mod made, please