lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: need Bandon Armor mod made, please
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-07-2004, 07:00 PM   #41
Ellderon

I start downloading NetFramework..play worms3d a littel...what? where's the download? nothin?
Gozilla doesn't move at all....darn...It will take weeks at this rate before I can do some modding at all!!!

I don't want to wait that long....

so: can anyone make the above mentioned robe....PWETTY PWEAAASEEEE??

EDIT: The armoured part should not look metalic like, more like some sort of fiber/plasitc/kevlar...something...

- Vision of Escaflowne Worshipper!
- J.R.R. Tolkien Worshipper!
- pasionate modder and modeler!
- gattling fanataic

Games modded so far > 30
Ellderon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-07-2004, 11:35 PM   #42
Ellderon

Hmm... I can't download it...Something about a Tripoid Error..

It will replace any robe (on the PC) wiht Bandon's armour....nah..that's not what I was looking for...

Let me go in detailed explanation:
A single item, and only wearing that item will change the the PC apperance (but will keep his head) to Bandon-like....only a wite coloured armour/robe..

EDIT: KOTOR Tolls work now! Yay! Now I can get to work!

- gattling fanataic

Games modded so far > 30
Old 02-08-2004, 05:54 AM   #43
Stator
Rookie

I could use a little help please. I studied the bandon armor mod that gameunlimited made and figured out what he did. Using this knowledge in conjunction with my personal jedi party member mod, I know have Canderous wearing Darth Bandon's armor. I have taken this a step further and now Canderous resembles Darth Malak whenever he dons a jedi robe. I can also do this with my player character. What I need to know is the player model listings. Exanctly which model number corresponds with which portrait. Does anyone have this listed already? I only use a few models and I would prefer to only alter those rather than every male plaer model in the game. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Stator
Stator is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-08-2004, 06:18 AM   #44
Kitty Kitty

I haven't looked to be certain, but the female head textures seem to go like this:

PFHx0n, where x is A, B, or C and n is just a number in sequence from 1 to 5.

On the females, A=Asian, B=Black, C=Caucasian.

And please note that I use the above choices of words simply because they correspond to the letters.. not out of any concious choice of being either polite or insulting.

But anyways.. the only way I saw to figure it out is click through the possible head models.. when say the first caucasian comes up, you're on PFHC01, and then you'll go through the other 4 of those. Same for the asian and black ones.

I would highly suspect the male ones work pretty much identical to that. So basically you could figure out which is which pretty quick by jotting a couple notes as you scroll through the (15 by default) head choices for male or female.

-Kitty

Kitty Kitty is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-08-2004, 07:15 AM   #45
Stator
Rookie

Thanks for the input Kitty. As I peruse the appearance.2da file, I suspect that your logic is correct. Several npcs are listed as *_asian, *_black, and *_caucasian. I'll go through them one at a time tomorrow and test this theory.

Right now I am trying to figure out how to get the appearance of Malak's armor without the helmet. There is a nice part to it though. I do get the increased height that Malak has and I also get his saber flourish. When I use Revan's armor I keep my face and the hood is actually up also. The bad part of Revan is the clipping. At certain positions, the green light from my sensor shows through the hood and I just can't stand his boots clipping through his cape.

If I find away to delete these problems, I'll post them asap.

Thanks for the help.

Stator
Old 02-08-2004, 08:12 AM   #46
Stator
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Ellderon
So it can be done?

Wheeeee!

Now, if comeone could make a copy of it, rename it, and make white textures (with golden trims) for it, I would die as a happy man.

Darn...I've been trying to download the NetFramework, but I'm having some trouble with it...on my connection it will take bloody hours....
And without it KOTOR Tool doesn't work...arrrrgh!!!!
While testing a different issue, I ran acroos something that may be close to what you want. Rather than using N_DarthBand to get Bandon's armor, use N_SithAppren. This will give the armor with a silvery chestplate. I know that it isn't recolored with the gold trim but it is closer to what you wanted. Hope this helps.

Stator
Old 02-08-2004, 08:01 PM   #47
Ellderon

Thanks for your help....

There is one problem tough...the above mentioned MOD (which I can't download...stupid Tripoid!) will make EVERY robe look like bandons...and I don't want that..I only want one robe to look like it...

Oh wel...I'll return to browsing all the files and maby I can come up with something usefull!

- gattling fanataic

Games modded so far > 30
Old 02-08-2004, 08:33 PM   #48
Stator
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Ellderon
Thanks for your help....

There is one problem tough...the above mentioned MOD (which I can't download...stupid Tripoid!) will make EVERY robe look like bandons...and I don't want that..I only want one robe to look like it...

Oh wel...I'll return to browsing all the files and maby I can come up with something usefull!
Send me your email address and I will send you the file. All you have to do is open up the file and go to line 136. That is the first male player character. Then scroll to the right until you reach column modeli and texi. This is where the changes are. You will see that these columns read N_DarthBand for all of the male player models. Change them to read the following:

modeli - PMBIM
texi - PMBI

This will put them back to their original states. Thanks to Kitty, you can determine which model is which very easily. They correspond to A-Asian, B-Black, and C-Caucasian. A quick run through of the portrait selection screen will give you the correct number to use.

Just send me a line if you have any other questions. I learned all of this from the friendly people who frequent these forums.

Stator
Old 02-08-2004, 09:58 PM   #49
Muskrat
Rookie

to make just 1 robe look like that your going to have to modify alot of different little things, because the armors aren't textured individually. Darth Bandons armor refers to the light combat armor texture and just recolors it how it needs to be. There might be a way to refer it to your own model and texture, but i'm not sure how. I can't even figure out how, if I change an armor to a robe, to change the color that is uses (like, make it a dark jedi robe..they both refer to the same model.)
Muskrat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-08-2004, 10:23 PM   #50
Ellderon

www.gammadraconis@hotmail.com

Hmm..you are right there...the only way I can think of is making a whole new armor class...that way, no other armors will be affected...but I don't even know if it's posible...

I have tried creationg a new player class, but that failed, since the 2DA editor only allows you to make new rows, and not new columns, so I couldn't make the class unique featgain table...(alltough I could make a new class that calls for the still unexisting column)

- gattling fanataic

Games modded so far > 30
Old 02-08-2004, 10:37 PM   #51
Stator
Rookie

This is what I did. I edited lines 142, 143, and 144 of the appearance.2da file. These rows represent the player model I am currently using in game. I only changed the values of the modeli and texi columns for the these rows. I changed the columns to read N_DarthBand. Whenever my character equips a jedi robe, the graphical representation is that of the black armor that Darth Bandon wears. This only affects my character and only when he is wearing a jedi robe. If I start another game and use a different player model, that model won't be affected.

Using this procedure, I have been able to alter the appearance of my npc party members also. Since I really don't care for Carth, I changed all of his appearances to be shown as wearing Calo Nord's outfit. This only affects Carth. All other npc's are not affected.

I might be misunderstanding the point you are trying to make. Hopefully I have better explained what I am doing. All possible characters and/or party members will not be affected by these changes unless they are instituted.

Stator
Old 02-08-2004, 10:52 PM   #52
Ellderon

What I meant was...I equipp a Jedi Master Robe and I look liek I wear a Jedi Master Robe...
I equipp a Guardain Armour(the Bandon-like armour..name it whatever you want) and I look like I wear it..
What happens when I put it on others - I do not care..

Like I said..the only way I can think of is making a whol new armour class...and after going trough baseitems.2da and some other files I think that that maby even possible...

- gattling fanataic

Games modded so far > 30
Old 02-08-2004, 11:06 PM   #53
gameunlimited

Veteran Modder 
not sure if this is what you want. check this:

http://alvin777t.tripod.com/mods/bandonarmor.zip
(must copy and paste the link to the address bar)

then in the game, type "giveitem bandonarmor" in the cheat console.

whenever you wear the item, you will wear bandon's armor. If you want to change the head model, go to the line 509 in the appearance.2da and change it to whatever number is the head of your character. Right now I put it into Caucasian's head #2.

SW: KotOR Modding Enclave
http://alvin777t.tripod.com/
gameunlimited is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-08-2004, 11:35 PM   #54
Stator
Rookie

I think I understand what you want to do now. I suggest either downloading the robe mod by gameunlimited or getting with him for instruction. This mod has the different colored robes change to colors that he has made and specified. Possibly you could use that same technique to have specific robes call to a specific armor model.

Stator
Old 02-09-2004, 10:11 AM   #55
Ellderon

Thanx...now...if somone could tell me where he texture for the armor is located...hehe...

- gattling fanataic

Games modded so far > 30
Old 02-09-2004, 06:25 PM   #56
Boberus
Lurker

http://alvin777t.tripod.com/mods/bandonarmor.zip

Whaa... that darn link doesn't work!!!! Anyone knows where can i find Bandons armor (or robe) which looks like real Darth Bandon's armor????

Im too lazy to do mod myself... Sigh...
Boberus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-09-2004, 07:00 PM   #57
gameunlimited

Veteran Modder 
quote:
<i>(must copy and paste the link to the address bar)</i>

end quote

Old 02-09-2004, 07:08 PM   #58
Boberus
Lurker

Whoa!!!!!

U rule!

Big thx
Old 02-09-2004, 07:26 PM   #59
12thMonkey

What tools do i need to change the line in appearance.2da.

i'm alittle unclear on what do do exactly.

12thMonkey is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-09-2004, 07:40 PM   #60
gameunlimited

Veteran Modder 
notepad or any other word processing will suffice.

Old 02-09-2004, 07:46 PM   #61
Boberus
Lurker

Waah

I extracted files to override dir but nothing changed!
Jedi robes looks like they should, and Bandons armor is as ugly as always with its tight robin-hood-like pants
Old 02-09-2004, 07:47 PM   #62
12thMonkey

That easy , fair play. Thanks

Old 02-09-2004, 07:49 PM   #63
gameunlimited

Veteran Modder 
boberus, you have to get a new bandon's armor through the cheat that i mentioned above. i did not change the old bandon armor, i created a new item.

Old 02-09-2004, 07:58 PM   #64
12thMonkey

is there a list for which number = a certain head?

i want the number for the bald guy with the goatee, but a list would be a good thing to have for later on.

Old 02-09-2004, 08:02 PM   #65
Boberus
Lurker

To Gameunlimited: ManISuck!

To 12thMonkey: check out the Kitty's post page back.
Old 02-09-2004, 08:02 PM   #66
gameunlimited

Veteran Modder 
if you scroll up in that file, there are a lot of lines that has labels that look like this : P_MAL_C_LRG_01. those are the lines of the existing player models. check their head value. you still have to do some trial and error though as there is quite a few player models.

Old 02-09-2004, 08:27 PM   #67
Boberus
Lurker

Anyone got the idea how to disable the ugly "cheat used" from savegame screenshot?
Old 02-09-2004, 08:40 PM   #68
Ellderon

When I try to open the apperance.2da with the 2Da tool it sez something like "index was outside the bonds of the aray" and won't open it...strange..

EDIT: I can edit it with Wordpad allso...k then...

Wheree ate the textues located (I want to change it)?

- gattling fanataic

Games modded so far > 30
Old 02-09-2004, 11:11 PM   #69
gameunlimited

Veteran Modder 
ellderon: you can't use the 2da tools to edit this file because this is the uncompiled version of the 2da file. that is why you can use wordpad to edit it. as for the texture, use Kotor tools to open ERFs --> TexturePacks --> swpc_tex_tpa.erf --> N_Darthband.tpc.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > need Bandon Armor mod made, please