lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: What is your control configuration?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-28-2003, 07:31 PM   #1
woodenstool

What is your control configuration?

What is your control configuration for your keyboard while playing dark forces? This is the one thing that deters me from playing dark forces ever again. (I only have a keyboard and mouse, by the way. And I'm not going to get a joystick for it.) I actually played JK2 before DF and so I was going to set the controls to be similar to JK2. But then I found out the mouse can't move up and down!!! So I had to resort to using the arrow keys to aim, which really sucks. I want a better control scheme.
woodenstool is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-29-2003, 11:48 AM   #2
MasterN64

Your comp is probably too new to run DF. I had the same problem and i have Win98. It only works with Win95.

Courage is not the absence of fear, it is the presence of fear and yet the will to go on...
MasterN64 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-29-2003, 03:23 PM   #3
woodenstool

you mean being able to move the mouse up and down (the y-axis) only works in Windows 95?
Old 11-29-2003, 09:06 PM   #4
Katarn07
Joxer the Mighty

Disregard that post about it only working on 95. I have 98 and it runs just as good as it did on my last computer which ran 95. Many people have problems with it on newer systems but there are all sorts of things you can probably do that will make it run. Doesn't always work though.

But enough of that, you got it running. I used the default control setting and that is how I played many FPS until I realized how great the mouse was.

I redo all FPS to somewhat resemble DF if the action and key are not yet bound, such as use being space, jump being x, crouch being c, secondary fire being z, primary fire ctrl etc etc etc.....

Sorry, can't help. You'll have to get used to page up for looking down and page down for looking up and number pad 5 to center your view

Like to read? Like fantasy stories? Like doing people you've never met in person favors? Then read and review my original movie screenplay! You will, you must. It is your destiny....

Check out the best shots of all of my collections along with some of my better attempts at artwork here.
Katarn07 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-29-2003, 10:10 PM   #5
The_One
The Dude Abides

I have Dark Forces running fine on Windows XP

Head to www.df-21.net if you have problems.

Dark Forces: A Mod for Jedi Academy
Webmaster

Maude Lebowski: What do you do for recreation?
The Dude: Oh, the usual. I bowl. Drive around. The occasional acid flashback.
The_One is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-30-2003, 03:12 PM   #6
woodenstool

Yes, I know it runs fine. I'm talking about the controls you use, and the mouse having a y-axis. But it looks like I'm just gonna have to stick to keyboard only. Which means I'm not sticking with the game itself. FPS sucks without the mouse...
Old 12-01-2003, 08:41 PM   #7
Katarn07
Joxer the Mighty

Quote:
Originally posted by woodenstool
FPS sucks without the mouse...
Autoaim compensates for it. If you still can't bear the game without a mouse, wait for the mod for JA

Like to read? Like fantasy stories? Like doing people you've never met in person favors? Then read and review my original movie screenplay! You will, you must. It is your destiny....

Check out the best shots of all of my collections along with some of my better attempts at artwork here.
Old 12-01-2003, 09:59 PM   #8
MasterN64

Hmmm, my DF game is screwin up too because of the mouse, and i have Win98. I guess i'll just wait for the mod to come out.

Courage is not the absence of fear, it is the presence of fear and yet the will to go on...
MasterN64 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-13-2003, 05:04 AM   #9
_PerfectAgent_

I just left the controls at default. But since Dark Forces was the first FPS I got, I modeled all my control schemes for all other ones after it. (i.e. x is jump. Used the arrow keys for movement, crouch being c) But of course I use the mouse now. (Now auto-aim!) I've haven't changed ever since! (Except for the mouse...)
_PerfectAgent_ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-17-2003, 09:11 PM   #10
Katarn07
Joxer the Mighty

Quote:
Originally posted by _PerfectAgent_
I just left the controls at default. But since Dark Forces was the first FPS I got, I modeled all my control schemes for all other ones after it. (i.e. x is jump. Used the arrow keys for movement, crouch being c) But of course I use the mouse now. (Now auto-aim!) I've haven't changed ever since! (Except for the mouse...)
Quote:
Originally quoted by Katarn07
I redo all FPS to somewhat resemble DF if the action and key are not yet bound, such as use being space, jump being x, crouch being c, secondary fire being z, primary fire ctrl etc etc etc.....
You must be a helluva guy because great minds do think alike

And mastern64, don't use the mouse. You don't need the mouse. Disable it if necessary (I remember MechWarrior 2's needed to be taken off because it always messed my game up).

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Dark Forces > What is your control configuration?