lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: wow, suckage...
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-06-2004, 11:41 AM   #1
IG-64

LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
Unhappy wow, suckage...

I just learned that the girl from the surveylance camera was found dead.

what's up with all these child abduction cases?
IG-64 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-06-2004, 11:43 AM   #2
STTCT
Bantha Fodder

Hot Topic Starter Forum Veteran 
WHAT!!!

I was so praying for her!!!!

how awful!

STTCT is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-06-2004, 11:44 AM   #3
XERXES
werd

oh man...

like woah
XERXES is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-06-2004, 11:48 AM   #4
Sivy
coming soon

Forum Veteran 
the world is a sick and twisted place.

i think punishment for crimes of this nature should be more of a deterrent than just a few years in prison, because that doesn't seem to stop people from doing this. maybe if they would have their dicks cut off or something more severe, the sick and twisted would think twice about committing these crimes.
Sivy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-06-2004, 11:57 AM   #5
IG-64

Unhappy

Here's the guy's mug shot:

Now here's her:

Taken from this article
Old 02-06-2004, 12:03 PM   #6
leXX
Forum Mum

10 year veteran! Hot Topic Starter LF Jester LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally posted by Siv
maybe if they would have their dicks cut off or something more severe, the sick and twisted would think twice about committing these crimes.
Well said.

It's scary to think that this guy has three daughters. Sick f***! I hope he makes a nice little friend in prison.

Being human totally sucks most of the time.
Videogames are the only thing that
make life bearable.
- Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2

Add me on: XBL | PSN | Last.fm | Steam
leXX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-06-2004, 12:06 PM   #7
STTCT
Bantha Fodder

Well at least they had that video. Now they can FRY his ass! I mean they have the video - they have all the forensic evidence from the car - your looking at a dead man.

Old 02-06-2004, 12:12 PM   #8
IG-64

But just look at her.... now look at him...... it's just.... so... terrible...

Hang him high, I say. Scum like that shouldn't exist in the world.
Old 02-06-2004, 12:20 PM   #9
STTCT
Bantha Fodder

If I have a little girl she's not leaving the house...okay...without a big shotgun.

Old 02-06-2004, 12:36 PM   #10
Druid Bremen

I. Really. Feel. Like. BEATING. UP. THIS! GUY!

My signature made by IG-64! Thanks a lot man!

The *only* thing that ALL the religions get right is that ALL the other religions are wrong, excluding this fact.
Druid Bremen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-06-2004, 12:40 PM   #11
Crow_Nest
Forum Spammer

Yeah, this really sucks.

Hope that guy dies in prison.

Xbox 360 Gamertag: cr0wnes7
Crow_Nest is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-06-2004, 02:04 PM   #12
El Sitherino
The Original.

Hot Topic Starter LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran LF Jester 
I've said it for years now, and I'll say it again, "castrate all rapists, and molestors." then place a big block of salt over the wound.

Seriously, these people make me sick. It's a f*cking kid, I mean... come on.

It sickens me that rapists, practically get a slap on the wrist, what they do could be considered worse than murder, in this case it was a double slice to the heart.

“This body is not me. I am not caught in this body.
I am life without limit.”
El Sitherino is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-06-2004, 05:36 PM   #13
Breton
Ta deg en bolle

Well, that's sad, but...

Quote:
Originally posted by Siv
the world is a sick and twisted place.

i think punishment for crimes of this nature should be more of a deterrent than just a few years in prison, because that doesn't seem to stop people from doing this. maybe if they would have their dicks cut off or something more severe, the sick and twisted would think twice about committing these crimes.
Do you really believe that carrying out sickly brutal, violent and barbaric punishments on such people would make them any less criminal? Two wrongs does not make one right, perfoming sick and twisted punishments upon the sick and twisted is only twice as bad.

I'll assume that you by "sick and twisted" mean "having mental problems". You'll have to understand that mental diseases and physical diseases are actually quite similar to each other, so what's up with people always treating the two completely different? I mean, if a person got sick with cancer, you'd feel bad for him, but if that person is sick with OCD, you'd want to perform brutal inhuman punishments upon him.

Quote:
Hang him high, I say. Scum like that shouldn't exist in the world.
Not to be rude, IG-64, but you do not know this person, you know nothing about his mental health, nothing about his childhood, nothing about his genes, nothing about his family... you have absolutly no right to judge him. That counts for all of you. In short, don't judge people you don't know about. Keep in mind that provided the right situation, it might have been you who would kill that little girl (still talking to everyone).

Don't let anger cloud your judgement. Please.

(BTW: Sorry for making this discussion serious, but it's a serious topic and should not contain only the arguments of one side)

Penger er for kapitalister
kun papir for meg
så lenge jeg har penger til tippefrister
kan gjerne karl johan bli motorvei for meg

Postgirobygget, "Sløv uten dop"
Breton is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-06-2004, 05:43 PM   #14
ZBomber
Octavarium

Forum Veteran 
"Not to be rude, IG-64, but you do not know this person, you know nothing about his mental health, nothing about his childhood, nothing about his genes, nothing about his family... you have absolutly no right to judge him. That counts for all of you. In short, don't judge people you don't know about. Keep in mind that provided the right situation, it might have been you who would kill that little girl (still talking to everyone). "

Doesn't matter. We should let him off, just because hes mentally ill? Not all people who are retarted go and ****ing rape/kill some one!

Last.FM - Ow, give up the funk
Let the truth of love be lighted
Let the love of truth shine clear
Sensibility
Armed with sense and liberty
With the heart and mind united
In a single perfect sphere
ZBomber is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-06-2004, 05:49 PM   #15
ExcelsioN
Veteran

Only sad people who have a strange idea of the world do this. It just shows how sick and twisted the world really is.

ExcelsioN is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-06-2004, 06:05 PM   #16
swphreak
My cabbages!!!

10 year veteran! Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
They should bring back capital punishment.

Being retarded is no excuse. Any health condition is no excuse.
swphreak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-06-2004, 06:31 PM   #17
ZBomber
Octavarium

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally posted by StarWarsPhreak
Exactly. If they have no control over what they are doing, they should be kept in one of those home things where people take care of them. They shouldn't be on the streets where they can cause harm to others.

Sensibility
Old 02-06-2004, 06:51 PM   #18
BawBag™

Quote:
Originally posted by Breton
Well, that's sad, but...

Do you really believe that carrying out sickly brutal, violent and barbaric punishments on such people would make them any less criminal? Two wrongs does not make one right, perfoming sick and twisted punishments upon the sick and twisted is only twice as bad.

I'll assume that you by "sick and twisted" mean "having mental problems". You'll have to understand that mental diseases and physical diseases are actually quite similar to each other, so what's up with people always treating the two completely different? I mean, if a person got sick with cancer, you'd feel bad for him, but if that person is sick with OCD, you'd want to perform brutal inhuman punishments upon him.

Not to be rude, IG-64, but you do not know this person, you know nothing about his mental health, nothing about his childhood, nothing about his genes, nothing about his family... you have absolutly no right to judge him. That counts for all of you. In short, don't judge people you don't know about. Keep in mind that provided the right situation, it might have been you who would kill that little girl (still talking to everyone).

(BTW: Sorry for making this discussion serious, but it's a serious topic and should not contain only the arguments of one side)
It would be different if it was your child.
BawBag™ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-06-2004, 07:02 PM   #19
rick ulo 11103

Quote:
Well, that's sad, but...

i agree with you. i say they should help him and if all else fails put him in a mental home

THANKS SO MUCH LF A HOME AWAY FROM HOME
rick ulo 11103 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-06-2004, 07:05 PM   #20
MennoniteHobbit
Veteran

Quote:
They should bring back capital punishment.

I highly agree... with everything I quoted you from above... I mean, nowadays anyone who has done something seriously wrong that looks like they're retarded just puts that in the record... so that they will be excused and get a lighter sentence...

Poor girl, at least they found her body and know exactly who did it... I hope the guy gets punished harshly...

MennoniteHobbit is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-06-2004, 07:22 PM   #21
Breton
Ta deg en bolle

Quote:
Originally posted by ZBomber

Doesn't matter. We should let him off, just because hes mentally ill? Not all people who are retarted go and ****ing rape/kill some one!
...which only proves that certain people need more help than others. The question is, will you give it to them, or will you hang them for being ill?

Oh, and BTW: My Demon Hunter is cooler than yours

Quote:
How come? If a football (soccer) player gets a disease which forces him to amputate his leg, then it's not like anyone would be pissed at him for not playing, since it wasn't his fault that he can't play anyway. Why should it be any different with mentally ill persons? It's not as if they choose to be "retarded".

Quote:
Exactly. If they have no control over what they are doing, they should be kept in one of those home things where people take care of them. They shouldn't be on the streets where they can cause harm to others.
I can agree that if they are a danger to others, they should be kept out of harm until they are capable of living in society once again.

Quote:
It would be different if it was your child.
True, but that's mostly because the case would be more emotional, so you wouln't be able to think properly when it comes to the guilty one.

Quote:
i agree with you. i say they should help him and if all else fails put him in a mental home
Thanks

Quote:
I highly agree... with everything I quoted you from above... I mean, nowadays anyone who has done something seriously wrong that looks like they're retarded just puts that in the record... so that they will be excused and get a lighter sentence...
I highly doubt prison would be effective to "cure" mentally ill persons. However, just throwing them back away from prison is not a good idea, mentally ill persons should recieve proper treatment so that they will be capable of functioning in society. Prison doesn't do this, so you'll have to look at other methods (and no, hanging is not a good idea either).

Keep in mind that all criminals are mentally ill in one way or another. Well, we all are, actually. Sort of.

kun papir for meg

Old 02-06-2004, 07:51 PM   #22
rick ulo 11103

Quote:
...which only proves that certain people need more help than others. The question is, will you give it to them, or will you hang them for being ill?

How come? If a football (soccer) player gets a disease which forces him to amputate his leg, then it's not like anyone would be pissed at him for not playing, since it wasn't his fault that he can't play anyway. Why should it be any different with mentally ill persons? It's not as if they choose to be "retarded".

I can agree that if they are a danger to others, they should be kept out of harm until they are capable of living in society once again.

True, but that's mostly because the case would be more emotional, so you wouln't be able to think properly when it comes to the guilty one.

Thanks

I highly doubt prison would be effective to "cure" mentally ill persons. However, just throwing them back away from prison is not a good idea, mentally ill persons should recieve proper treatment so that they will be capable of functioning in society. Prison doesn't do this, so you'll have to look at other methods (and no, hanging is not a good idea either).

Keep in mind that all criminals are mentally ill in one way or another. Well, we all are, actually. Sort of.

woah you just said everything i wanted to say in my last post but i was to lazy to

THANKS SO MUCH LF A HOME AWAY FROM HOME
rick ulo 11103 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-06-2004, 08:03 PM   #23
IG-64

Quote:

Thanks

Well, then, what if he wasn't mentally ill and he was just weak and gave into his wrath in a selfish act to kill an innocent child and then was given "proper treatment" and was praised for his ruthless act? And if he is mentally ill then it seems he is so i'll enough to not be thinking about any of his actions therefore he has no chance in life and should be stopped before he hurts another soul.
Old 02-06-2004, 08:28 PM   #24
swphreak
My cabbages!!!

Health conditions shouldn't matter period. It's just a tactic they use to get out of their punishment.

They may have not "chose" to be "retarded," but they "chose" to commit the crime.
Old 02-06-2004, 08:57 PM   #25
DarkLord60
Something In the Way

Tis a sad world we live in. What a shame to hear this happen.

DarkLord60 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-06-2004, 09:25 PM   #26
Orca Wail
Veteran

Quote:
Health conditions shouldn't matter period. It's just a tactic they use to get out of their punishment.

They may have not "chose" to be "retarded," but they "chose" to commit the crime.
First, I am shocked and disgusted at this crime. I wouldn't wish it on my worse enemy(rape and such). I would like a bat and a few minutes with our prize-package here...

...but eneogh of that. Whats happened has happened, and his punishment is out of our hands.

Phreak is right, however. Sometimes its true, but its no excuse.

Its sounds very Darwinistic...
...but if someone is homocidal/pediphile/suicidal, something has to be done to protect ourselves.(well, suicidal, we protect them from themselves)
Orca Wail is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-06-2004, 10:24 PM   #27
kingdomwinds
Rookie

sick @!#$s like him should just get executed. Mental illness is just a poor excuse. He does not deserve to be taken care of in a special place
kingdomwinds is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-06-2004, 10:37 PM   #28
Breton
Ta deg en bolle

Quote:
Originally posted by IG-64
Well, then, what if he wasn't mentally ill and he was just weak and gave into his wrath in a selfish act to kill an innocent child and then was given "proper treatment" and was praised for his ruthless act?
Anyone who murders another person on "purpose" is acting outside of sanity and thus can be classified as mentally ill, in some way or another.

Quote:
And if he is mentally ill then it seems he is so i'll enough to not be thinking about any of his actions therefore he has no chance in life and should be stopped before he hurts another soul.
I'm not sure that you realise what you are saying here. Unless I am very wrong, you say that because he is so ill, he deserves to die - myself, I think that being seriously ill is only a reason for needing more help, and he should not be killed for something that is none of his fault and that he is unable to do anything with.

Quote:
and should be stopped before he hurts another soul
You have my opinions totally mistaken if you believe I simply want the court to say "You are seriously mentally ill, so you can go home now as a free man". People who are unable to function in society should not be released back to it untill they have regained that function.

Basically, you have three choices about this man. You can put him in prison for 10-20 years, but then he will likely be even more dangerous and mental when you let him out again. Or you can put him in for life or deal with him with death penalty, but both of those kills an innocent life and are cruel and injustful. Or you can choose to give aid to the man in form of putting him into some clinic, in hope that he will one day be able to get back to society as a normal man, and he will not be released before that.

So all in all, you can either let a seriously dangerous man free in society after a certain amount of years, or you can take an innocent life, or you can make an attempt on "rescuing" this man and killing or harming no one for the best of all. I favor the last.

Quote:
As I said earlier, all criminals are mentally ill in some way or another. The idea of punishment for crimes is a horrible flawed one, and it mostly does not work (most criminals are in prison several times, but they don't get any less criminal, do they?). But as I have said too many times already, criminals should not be let free even though they have a poor mental condition.

Quote:
Since the crime is a direct consequense of them having mental issues ("retarded" is not a good word, many mentally ill people are intelligent), I fail to see how you come by the conclusion that they choose to commit the crime when they do not choose to have mental issues.

Quote:
First, I am shocked and disgusted at this crime. I wouldn't wish it on my worse enemy(rape and such). I would like a bat and a few minutes with our prize-package here...
Two wrongs does not make one right, period.

Quote:
Its sounds very Darwinistic...
...but if someone is homocidal/pediphile/suicidal, something has to be done to protect ourselves.(well, suicidal, we protect them from themselves)
Inprisonment is a poor way of doing this, death penalty is brutal and injustful and takes a life, but at a clinic this person will not go free until mentally normal again. The third choice is the safest way of protecting themselves and others from mental illness.

kun papir for meg

Old 02-06-2004, 10:57 PM   #29
swphreak
My cabbages!!!

Quote:
Or you can put him in for life or deal with him with death penalty, but both of those kills an innocent life and are cruel and injustful.
I fail to see how a murderer, rapist, ect is innocent.

I still believe in death penalty. It may not be "right," but I prefer it over babying criminals in their "prisons."
Old 02-06-2004, 11:05 PM   #30
Jedi Luke
Veteran

Damn, it is a sick world that we live in. Yes he MUST be punished by being sent to prison. None of this 'he's got a mental disorder', or some crap like that. That doesn't make him innocent, this is a young little girl who had her whole life ahead of her that was taken away by this crazy guy. Lifetime is prison suits it.

Dark Forces MOD for Jedi Academy

Mapper, Icarus Scripter

Reborn Ancient Jedi TC Mod

Beta Tester
-----------------------------------------------
Sig made by Roxstar! AWESOME gif sig made by IG-64! Thanks dudes, you rock!
Jedi Luke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-06-2004, 11:05 PM   #31
IG-64

What I was reffering to was that after doing something like that I don't think he'll ever "regain function"

besides, not everything is a mental illness, if you cry or beat the table when your mad, it's not a mental illness, there is a thing called wrath, you know. Some people just give in to thier weakness, and it's not always 'cause their brains are broken.
Old 02-06-2004, 11:10 PM   #32
ZBomber
Octavarium

Forum Veteran 
"Oh, and BTW: My Demon Hunter is cooler than yours "

Well, I gotta agree with you on that. ^_^

Sensibility
Old 02-06-2004, 11:38 PM   #33
BongoBob
Good Eye, Sniper

Current Game: BC2, FFXIII
The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Dude, I just checked the webster site...

Breton(BRETON):
(noun) see "Bleeding Heart for Criminals"

BongoBob is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-07-2004, 12:28 AM   #34
Jed

Quote:
I can agree that if they are a danger to others, they should be kept out of harm until they are capable of living in society once again....

Sorry man, but I completely disagree with you. You're under the impression that everyone that goes to jail is there because they're mentally ill, and that they're there to be corrected so they can be put back in society.

People who kill, maim, and rape innocent people, and in this case children, deserve death. I don't care if the guy can be "cured" or not - if he's sick enough to take a human life in a cruel and inhumane way, then I want him dead.

My thoughts are out for the family of the girl. And may God have mercy on that sunuvabitch, because I know we sure as hell won't.
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-07-2004, 12:44 AM   #35
leXX
Forum Mum

Quote:
Anyone who murders another person on "purpose" is acting outside of sanity and thus can be classified as mentally ill, in some way or another.
Rubbish. If that were the case, every murderer out that would be using that as an excuse and there would be no prisons, just half a world of mental hospitals.

Quote:
I'm not sure that you realise what you are saying here. Unless I am very wrong, you say that because he is so ill, he deserves to die - myself, I think that being seriously ill is only a reason for needing more help, and he should not be killed for something that is none of his fault and that he is unable to do anything with.
None of his fault? He raped and murdered a young girl. Who's fault is it, ours? We are all responsible for our own actions and should be held accountable for them. If such actions were without concequence (such as a life term in prison or the death penalty), then what would this world be like? I shudder to think.

Quote:
but both of those kills an innocent life and are cruel and injustful.
What about this young girls "innocent life" which he chose to take? Hmmmm? He should either have his bollocks cut off or he should fry, full stop.

Quote:
So all in all, you can either let a seriously dangerous man free in society after a certain amount of years, or you can take an innocent life, or you can make an attempt on "rescuing" this man and killing or harming no one for the best of all. I favor the last.
Lets see. I think I'll pick... FRY.

Quote:
As I said earlier, all criminals are mentally ill in some way or another.
Untrue. Some are, some aren't. You simply cannot generalize like that. Don't confuse mentally ill with evil.

Quote:
The idea of punishment for crimes is a horrible flawed one, and it mostly does not work (most criminals are in prison several times, but they don't get any less criminal, do they?). But as I have said too many times already, criminals should not be let free even though they have a poor mental condition.
So you are suggesting that everyone who commits a crime needs to see a shrink instead of going to prison. That is beyond laughable.

make life bearable.

Old 02-07-2004, 12:50 AM   #36
The Cheat
6 Foot Tall Bunny Rabbit

the world is full of sick people. i feel so sorry for the girls unfortunate family. i hope that guy gets a severe punishment for what he has done. its terrible that we are fighting terrorism when we have these sickos in our own country
The Cheat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-07-2004, 12:58 AM   #37
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

10 year veteran! LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Who is saying the abductor in this case was mentally ill? And what mental illness causes you to abduct and kill young girls?

Quote:
if that person is sick with OCD, you'd want to perform brutal inhuman punishments upon him.
Having had a father with OCD, I can safely say I have no idea how that was connected with reality. o_O

Redwing is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-07-2004, 01:13 AM   #38
leXX
Forum Mum

Oh, and I'd just like to add that I have two young daughters, and if anything like this happened to one of them, I would personally seek the MF out and without hesitation cut his dick off. And no, I'm not just saying it, I mean it. Would that make me mentally ill? I don't think so.

make life bearable.

Old 02-07-2004, 01:46 AM   #39
ZBomber
Octavarium

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally posted by leXX
Oh, and I'd just like to add that I have two young daughters, and if anything like this happened to one of them, I would personally seek the MF out and without hesitation cut his dick off. And no, I'm not just saying it, I mean it. Would that make me mentally ill? I don't think so.
"in the bedroom, the mighty bedroom, the husband sleeps tight"

*1 minute later*

" A weiner chop! A weiner Chop! A weiner chop!"

I'm so sorry, i just couldn't resist. ^_^

I agree with Jed on this. Seems like you are alone on this one Brenton.....

Sensibility
Old 02-07-2004, 01:57 AM   #40
Jedi Luke
Veteran

i'm with Jed on this too. A girl with her whole life ahead of her taken away cos of this b@$+@rd.

Quote:
Originally posted by LeXX
I agree with what you said about the criminal bit. Mind you, there ARE some criminals that have mental disabilities but most of them are those immoral pr!cks. But you say that every criminal has a mental disorder. If every criminal is a criminal because of there mental disability, then you can count everyone here (99.99%) a criminal for things like vandalism, stealing, speeding, not putting a dog on a leash, not reporting bank transaction errors in your favour, riding your bike on the footpath. Therefore we here are all criminals with mental disorders. So ridiculous that I'm laughing at it right now!

Dark Forces MOD for Jedi Academy

Mapper, Icarus Scripter

Reborn Ancient Jedi TC Mod

Beta Tester
-----------------------------------------------
Sig made by Roxstar! AWESOME gif sig made by IG-64! Thanks dudes, you rock!
Jedi Luke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Yoda’s Swamp > wow, suckage...